Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
Zoro and Brook moment before disembarking Thriller Bark that I thought was a good read

Thats a great panel of Zoro. Makes me realize him and Guts share so many distinct visual and character similarities. I especially love the end of arc strawhat conversations, mad wholesome

Last edited:
That’s a panel of Zoro. Makes me realize him and Guts share so many distinct visual and character similarities. I especially love the end of arc strawhat conversations, mad wholesome
Yeah the hair gives the obvious inspiration away.
Also the closed eye. The term "the struggler" that is used for Guts in the manga could also be applied to Zoro.

Zoro is written after the template of Seinen MCs, personality wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the video about whether Zoro will face Kaido again. I agree with all of the points. My only concern is that it seems that Oda is following the Momotaro story and I am not sure where Zoro fits into that.

I do think there is stronger evidence for Zoro to fight Kaido again.

1. Zoro is an important part of the Wano arc. (Yes, Oda never told us Wano was Zoro's arc, but Oda usually doesn't tell us things about Zoro instead he shows us through Zoro's actions and behaviors.)

2. Zoro and Luffy are parallels throughout the entire arc. The fact that Zoro met other characters without Luffy and the other SHs is a big deal. Not to mention all of these characters have an emotional connection to Wano as well. They are all victims of Kaido's brutality but don't have the ability to fight him. Zoro does have the capability though.

3. Despite his capabilities Oda refused to portray ashura as this powerful attack. Kaido is definitely affected by the onslaught, but he was more terrified of Hiryu Kaien. It is possible that he wasn’t expecting a critically injured Zoro to actually be able to wound him.

4. Oda has brought up Zoro's potential throughout Wano (particularly during the roof top). We have Big Mom telling Kaido to dodge. Kidd and Killer thanking him for saving them. Law repeatedly wondering how on earth can he even be fighting with 20 broken bones? Not to mention his potential of turning a blade black.

5. Now Zoro had this potential to face Kaido again because of the Mink medicine. He basically says consequences be damned I have to fight again. Why would he take this medicine with double the side effects just to fight King? I can't see Zoro going directly to King but it is a possibility that King intercepts him from reaching Kaido. Can everyone imagine the hype if Zoro fights King and Kaido again? (I can imagine the salt will rival the Dead Sea as well.)

6. Anyways I hope once the medicine wears off and Zoro begins to feel its side effects he powers through it and does something that solidifies himself as Luffy's vice captain. Basically he will feel double the pain from hakai, indra, and thunder bagua?

I am excited to see where Oda takes Zoro. I will be disappointed if he only fights King. If he only fights King after he is healed I hope Oda decides to emphasize his CoC.

I just watched the video about whether Zoro will face Kaido again. I agree with all of the points. My only concern is that it seems that Oda is following the Momotaro story and I am not sure where Zoro fits into that.

I do think there is stronger evidence for Zoro to fight Kaido again.

1. Zoro is an important part of the Wano arc. (Yes, Oda never told us Wano was Zoro's arc, but Oda usually doesn't tell us things about Zoro instead he shows us through Zoro's actions and behaviors.)

2. Zoro and Luffy are parallels throughout the entire arc. The fact that Zoro met other characters without Luffy and the other SHs is a big deal. Not to mention all of these characters have an emotional connection to Wano as well. They are all victims of Kaido's brutality but don't have the ability to fight him. Zoro does have the capability though.

3. Despite his capabilities Oda refused to portray ashura as this powerful attack. Kaido is definitely affected by the onslaught, but he was more terrified of Hiryu Kaien. It is possible that he wasn’t expecting a critically injured Zoro to actually be able to wound him.

4. Oda has brought up Zoro's potential throughout Wano (particularly during the roof top). We have Big Mom telling Kaido to dodge. Kidd and Killer thanking him for saving them. Law repeatedly wondering how on earth can he even be fighting with 20 broken bones? Not to mention his potential of turning a blade black.

5. Now Zoro had this potential to face Kaido again because of the Mink medicine. He basically says consequences be damned I have to fight again. Why would he take this medicine with double the side effects just to fight King? I can't see Zoro going directly to King but it is a possibility that King intercepts him from reaching Kaido. Can everyone imagine the hype if Zoro fights King and Kaido again? (I can imagine the salt will rival the Dead Sea as well.)

6. Anyways I hope once the medicine wears off and Zoro begins to feel its side effects he powers through it and does something that solidifies himself as Luffy's vice captain. Basically he will feel double the pain from hakai, indra, and thunder bagua?

I am excited to see where Oda takes Zoro. I will be disappointed if he only fights King. If he only fights King after he is healed I hope Oda decides to emphasize his CoC.
zoro is teenager pretending to be man ruin a and mihawk are true men there is nothing fake about them

zoro is teenager pretending to be man ruin a and mihawk are true men there is nothing fake about them
Hi, I am not sure I understand what you mean? Do you mean Zoro and Mihawk fans or the characters? I didn't mention Mihawk in my post. I love Mihawk, but most of my love is based purely on head canon. When it comes to Mihawk and my head canons nobody has any idea how high I can fly!

Hi, I am not sure I understand what you mean? Do you mean Zoro and Mihawk fans or the characters? I didn't mention Mihawk in my post. I love Mihawk, but most of my love is based purely on head canon. When it comes to Mihawk and my head canons nobody has any idea how high I can fly!
I liked zoro pre time skip more than puffy but after post time skip he cut a ship just for showing what a great swordsman he is is od a cut his character in half

I liked zoro pre time skip more than puffy but after post time skip he cut a ship just for showing what a great swordsman he is is od a cut his character in half
I see what you mean. I like pre time skip Zoro's interactions with the crew the best. Unfortunately post time skip has had so many crew separations and more characters per arc that the interactions between SHs have been lacking. I am hoping that after Wano ends we can get a few chapters of the SHs healing and having some down time before they leave for the next island.

I see what you mean. I like pre time skip Zoro's interactions with the crew the best. Unfortunately post time skip has had so many crew separations and more characters per arc that the interactions between SHs have been lacking. I am hoping that after Wano ends we can get a few chapters of the SHs healing and having some down time before they leave for the next island.
you see more darkness to his character he is no more relatable human zoro I loved

you see more darkness to his character he is no more relatable human zoro I loved
I don't think Zoro has a darkness in him per say. I do think he became more serious about his goal because he was defeated by Mihawk so early in the story. During the East Blue saga Zoro's reputation was well-known, so we expected him to defeat enemies. Then Mihawk shows up and just trashes him. Zoro was definitely arrogant and Mihawk showed him what level he needs to eventually reach. I like how that consequence of his fight with Mihawk really affected him.

On the other hand, if there is a darkness in Zoro, I really hope there is a connection to the cursed blades. I want to know more about them.

I don't think Zoro has a darkness in him per say. I do think he became more serious about his goal because he was defeated by Mihawk so early in the story. During the East Blue saga Zoro's reputation was well-known, so we expected him to defeat enemies. Then Mihawk shows up and just trashes him. Zoro was definitely arrogant and Mihawk showed him what level he needs to eventually reach. I like how that consequence of his fight with Mihawk really affected him.

On the other hand, if there is a darkness in Zoro, I really hope there is a connection to the cursed blades. I want to know more about them.
mihawk is such a character you can relate to his arrogance I think zoro in jaya beaten by bellamylooked more self assured than one after post time skip there was something spiiritual to his personality pre timeskip

mihawk is such a character you can relate to his arrogance I think zoro in jaya beaten by bellamylooked more self assured than one after post time skip there was something spiiritual to his personality pre timeskip
I just rewatched the Jaya arc with my brother. That arc has so many great scenes! I especially liked how Zoro asks Luffy if he wants any help taking down Bellamy after they learn that Cricket's gold was stolen.