rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

I'm still wondering how the fuck Maria's spider half has a living face seperate to herself. She's surely not another "Monet" plus shesa zoan too, so is she in Hybrid right now? And why give her Zoan the full scientific name? Also, one more thing, the spider she is based on only grew up to 6 millmeteres? That's not even a centimetre?

What the actual fuck, Oda?

:kriwhat::lusalty::nicagesmile::tch:

I think we might get Luffy vs Kaido final round in 3-4 chapters,this raid will probably end by the end of the year or end of january!
Post automatically merged:

Next chapter will probably be Nico Robin vs Black Maria final round and Brook vs gifters and numbers!

Last edited:
Wanji the Pirate king wing . The no 2 SH .
:stealthblack:
Big WOOBOOBIN yoo let's fucking goo :catlewd:

If brook come to onigashima just to fight number and black Maria's crew then this is the worst decision from Oda :whitepress:

Oda really did dirty to Usopp, Nami, Chopper & Brook

G

Gorosei Informer

2021 : The year of Shanks
2780 : Luffy loses for the 857 time againt Kaido
He needs to outdo Kaido's record of taking L's from his intro before Luffy can beat him?!

:sanjimeh::nicagesmile::chopoff::saden::shame::mihugh::usoprice:

"He has been caught and tortured 18 times, and people as powerful as the Marines and other Emperors have attempted to execute him 40 times, only to fail as Kaido survived every single attempt because every single execution weapon broke when being used on him. "

Step your game up Luffy! This is rookie numbers! We gotta pump them up!

:kaidowhat::lusalty::cantseeme::ihaha:
Post automatically merged:

On another note btw...

The Ame no Habakiri (天羽々斬 Ame no Habakiri?, literally meaning "Snake-Slayer of Heaven") is one of the most famous Totsuka no Tsurugi, appearing in Japanese mythology as a blade used by the Shinto god Susanoo to slay the legendary monster serpent Yamata no Orochi. "Haba" (羽々?) is an archaic term for "big snake" (Orochi).

I wonder if this is why Oda has kept Hiyori completely missing for the whole of Onigashima so far? I don't want to get my hopes up too much anymore, but maybe this is why he brought back Orochi previously with no explanation too? Hiyori wanted to kill Orochi as we learned early on in Wano and it would be completely poetic justice and karmic to Orochi if she succeeded. She would not only be avenging her parents, but her country, herself and her brother and so on ofc.

I know his head ninja with the long head and ears was based on a Buddhist God of Resurrection or something too? So that's how Orochi came back possibly? But assuming that ninja dies to Raizo or something/someone else, does that mean Orochi can't come back again? Or is his resurrection tied into his DF and thus the Yamata no Orochi mythology?

:zorothink::choppawhat::wonderland::memehm:

Honestly with the way Oda has been writing Yamata No Orochi and Yamato, it's just making me say Yamate and Yamero instead!

:lusalty::kriwhat::whitepress::mihugh:

Yamata no Orochi | Japanese Mythology

Yamata no Orochi is a serpent-dragon in Japanese myth. The Orochi has eight heads and eight tails, and its enormous body reaches across eight valleys and eight hills. (You're probably noticing a pattern here.)

When Susano is in exile from the heavens, he finds a couple and their daughter crying by the river. They explain their sadness to him — that every year, the Orochi comes to devour one of their daughters. This year, they must give up their eigth and final daughter, Kusinada.

To save her, Susano proposes marriage to Kusinada. When she accepts, he transforms her into a comb which he can then carry in his hair. Kusinada's parents must brew sake, he explains, and refine it eight times. They must also build an enclosure with eight gates, each of which includes a vat of sake.

When the Orochi arrives, he is lured in towards the sake, and dips each of his heads into one of the vats. The drunken beast is now weakened and disoriented, allowing Susano to quickly slay it.

As Susano cuts the monster into pieces, he uncovers a great sword that had grown inside the Orochi. This blade, the Kusanagi, is presented to Amaterasu as a gift to reconcile their dispute.

• Orochi can swim through space.
  • Orochi can cause natural disasters.
  • Orochi can spray fire from his mouths.
  • Orochi can fire lightning lasers (覇帝紅雷撃) from his eyes in the Heisei series.
  • Orochi can attack with all eight heads at the same time (覇帝紅嵐舞).
  • Orochi can withstand a great deal of punishment and the severing of most of his heads. Despite being overpowered, Orochi lasted a fairly long time.
  • In Onmyoji II, Orochi could enter the bodies of humans, which then bear the mark of Yamata No Orochi. Orochi can then thrust itself from the mark it creates.

There's still a lot more I can say on Orochi too, especially for the ones who are familiar with Okami too! If you know that game especially, it's INSANE how much Oda has wasted the Orochi DF by far. Ironically Kaido feels closer to being it than Orochi himself somehow.

Kaido seems to be based on Shuten Doji too which is a whole other story and essay in itself:

https://yokai.com/shutendouji/

Translation: a nickname meaning “little drunkard”

Legends: There are few monsters who are considered among the greatest and most evil yokai in all of Japanese folklore. The dreaded king of the oni, Shuten dōji, is one of them.

Shuten dōji was not born an oni. There are many stories about how he came to be, but most of them say that he was originally a human boy who was born over a thousand years ago either in present-day Shiga or Toyama.

"His mother was a human woman and his father was the great dragon Yamata-no-Orochi."

Wait...WHAT?!?! LMAO!

:saitahu::odenugh::kaidowhat::jinbewat::luchosop::pepestrike:

Just to further add to this too, Big Mom wanted to be a giant and be literally eye level and thus equal to them.

For years since his reveal, I've always felt Kaido wanted to be just like Oars but he isn't a "pure oni" or whatever. At least half human or so? So he can never be "equal to them" and thus he copes with how he dresses, behaves and desperately trying to prove himself to his legendary oni ancestors. He probably was envious of and resented Whitebeard for having Oars Jr too.

:whitepress::pepemy::zorothink::risitasad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephen paul translated it as wings of the pirate king, not "one of the wings"

Though sandman explained that it wouldn't make much sense to translate this way (and we also have that SBS where Oda uses the same Kanji to refer to both Zoro and Sanji as the wings)

But well know I guess that Sanji fans also lost the Sanji = Zoro argument because "they are both wings" lol

Stephen paul translated it as wings of the pirate king, not "one of the wings"

Though sandman explained that it wouldn't make much sense to translate this way (and we also have that SBS where Oda uses the same Kanji to refer to both Zoro and Sanji as the wings)

But well know I guess that Sanji fans also lost the Sanji = Zoro argument because "they are both wings" lol
zoro is the vc not some shitty wings:milaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.