Should MonsterZoro be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

The fact that people say to skip Skypeia, the arc that represents One Piece best with the sense of adventure, romanticism and dreams, just underlines that those people at least do not get it.
Right!? Well said!

:arnoling::cheers:
That's what irks me off so much especially! I really enjoyed Skypeia for those reasons and it sold me so much on OP during that time I was watching it! (I was anime first to OP)

Those people completely miss the point, the spirit, themes, message, whatever of OP as you said. It's completely baffling and ridiculous.

:lusalty::mihugh::odenugh::sanjimeh:

If there's any arc that summarises Oda's feelings, personality, thoughts, ambitions especially as a writer, it's Skypeia! I'm not sure what his favourite arc would be but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Skypeia! I also loved Water 7 for it's world building/design too for example!

Zou also felt like a post TS Skypeia and imo Elbaf is gonna be a lot like that too. I really hope so and can't wait for it if that's true.

The Romance of Adventure, Romance Dawn, why Oda didn't want "Romance in the crew" and such, it really does go over their heads doesn't it?

Oda apparently said recently he loves doing OP for drawing new characters, creating them more than anything. He was supposed to be joking but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. He does make some very iconic, memorable, hilarious, creative characters, ones that really stand out too!

OP has really lost that sense of adventure post TS but I hope it comes back in full force with Elbaf, Lodestar if we get that as an arc or whatever and Laugh Tale especially ofc. End the series on a high and back to it's beginnings, it's roots. Go full circle and such.

I gotta say I did love the creativity of his during these arcs though, I thought WCI was still really impressive with the world building for it, Capone's DF, Big Mom's homies, Zunisha, Punk Hazard's design, Wano's waterfalls and currents as well as its unique art style, Dressrosa's architecture/design style, Mary Geoise's contraptions at Reverie arc , especially that balloon elevator thing (fuck the slave travelator thing or w/e it was, the conveyor belt or so?) and so on.

Will of Shan.D.ia? Clan of Shan.D.ia?

:lulz:

All those people who said Skypeia is "filler" and to skip it, same with Thriller Bark, sigh...I can't wait for Foxys arc to actually become more important too since Davy Back Fights are historic and were said to originate from the Beehive/Pirate HQ island that Blackbeard is on now too!

:saden::kaidowhat::mihanha::nicagesmile:

https://tredawakandan.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F182888314182
I'm just randomly posting stuff I found and remembered anyway lol. That Indonesian King Joyboy Jayabaya whatever died at 18 right? Wasn't that the same for Tutankhamun too? I wonder if that is connected somehow? OP has a lot of Egyptian influence especially with Alabasta ofc and I saw a theory that Imu is based on Imhotep and is after Vivi for this reason too:

Tbh, as I watched it in the anime, I thought it had a lot of pacing issues. But the end was so fucking good that it made up for everything, lol.

G

Gorosei Informer

Somewhere I read that he ruled for 22 years. Somewhere I read that he ruled for 44 years. Here I'm reading that he lived for 18 years. Wtf is true?

Welp, that's the problem with history. What is true? What is written by the winners exclusively and thus is biased/propaganda/unreliable? How do we know what actually happened and thus what was true?

I think this is extremely important for OP too, with the Void Century and such too ofc. We've already seen examples of lies and proganda throughout OP and people getting gaslit/brainwashed and fed a false narrative/history.

I'm certain Oda is definitely inspired by all of this happening IRL and loves to deep dive on history and such as we've seen from his influences of it in OP ofc. Question everything you know and such?

:zorothink:

Right!? Well said!

:arnoling::cheers:
That's what irks me off so much especially! I really enjoyed Skypeia for those reasons and it sold me so much on OP during that time I was watching it! (I was anime first to OP)

Those people completely miss the point, the spirit, themes, message, whatever of OP as you said. It's completely baffling and ridiculous.

:lusalty::mihugh::odenugh::sanjimeh:

If there's any arc that summarises Oda's feelings, personality, thoughts, ambitions especially as a writer, it's Skypeia! I'm not sure what his favourite arc would be but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Skypeia! I also loved Water 7 for it's world building/design too for example!

Zou also felt like a post TS Skypeia and imo Elbaf is gonna be a lot like that too. I really hope so and can't wait for it if that's true.

The Romance of Adventure, Romance Dawn, why Oda didn't want "Romance in the crew" and such, it really does go over their heads doesn't it?

Oda apparently said recently he loves doing OP for drawing new characters, creating them more than anything. He was supposed to be joking but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. He does make some very iconic, memorable, hilarious, creative characters, ones that really stand out too!

OP has really lost that sense of adventure post TS but I hope it comes back in full force with Elbaf, Lodestar if we get that as an arc or whatever and Laugh Tale especially ofc. End the series on a high and back to it's beginnings, it's roots. Go full circle and such.

I gotta say I did love the creativity of his during these arcs though, I thought WCI was still really impressive with the world building for it, Capone's DF, Big Mom's homies, Zunisha, Punk Hazard's design, Wano's waterfalls and currents as well as its unique art style, Dressrosa's architecture/design style, Mary Geoise's contraptions at Reverie arc , especially that balloon elevator thing (fuck the slave travelator thing or w/e it was, the conveyor belt or so?) and so on.
WCI as an adventure was actually pretty good, but the arc in itself suffered through the many conveniences and of course the reason why the arc happened did not sit well with me.
Problem is Oda condensing a lot of different ideas into one, and of course also most of the stuff is known since we are actively targeting Yonkou, so the Strawhats are far more active in their journey, whereas pre-TS was they stumbled into stuff.
Heck, that is perfectly underlined by usage of Log Pose. Pre-TS since Whiskey Peak Log Pose was relevant until Shabondy.
Post-TS the new Log Pose has not once been relevant. After FI we got to Punk Hazard, from then we aimed for Dressrosa, from there we had a vivre card to Zou, from there WCI with the help of Pekomz and then Wa No.
The only traditionally adventurous arcs were FI and Zou.

G

Gorosei Informer

Tbh, as I watched it in the anime, I thought it had a lot of pacing issues. But the end was so fucking good that it made up for everything, lol.
Yeah that's understandable. Toei did do a horrific job with pacing even pre TS, I remember episodes had like 6 minutes of recap at least back then? There was barely new material in episodes and thus it dragged along a lot? The ending was fantastic though for real. I don't regret watching the anime, especially with the epic music, charming animation/art style, great voice acting and seeing such pivotal moments like the Enel face moment, Sanji vs Enel and Luffy ringing the golden bell.

It's truly a beautiful arc and I think like Jaya, it's massively underrated. @ShinmenTakezo waas completly on the ball about Jaya here:

Also Jaya was the most thematically dense arc in the story so far, it´s where Blackbeard and Luffy met, and we got this

This moment is going to age so BEAUTIFULLY AND EPICALLY by the end of the series, guaranteed!

:cheers::lumazed::stealthblack::finally:

I really cannot fathom Oda's immense attention to detail, foreshadowing, setting up, plot threads and such! It's insane! Kubo is doing something similar with the new Bleach chapter that has put in some incredible game changers and foreshadowing from the very beginning of Bleach and between that and OP, I am seriously getting my mind blown now! More than I could ever imagine!

These Joyboy discoveries we just had on here are still putting my head in a spin right now! I'm just gradually getting at a loss for words grdually here ironically and ending up flabbergasted. OP is really a different kind of breed, a truly exceptional breed even.

The chapters having that little detour by Nami, Luffy and Zoro in Jaya are some of my personal favorites in the series. From the time they encounter each of the BB pirates, meet Bellamy and Oda's emphasis on the theme of dreams, he was on his A game there.

That's why I don't want anyone to join the SH's after Wano, let the crew dynamic breathe for once, one or the other crew members have always been split here or there since fucking Dressrosa

Status
Not open for further replies.