Should MonsterZoro be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

I'd kill for another Zou type of arc
Right!? I'm seriously hoping Elbaf is gonna be this, there's so much potential for it. A sort of hybrid of WCI, Skypeia and Zou even in terms of world building and setting! We seriously need a breather and fun arc after Wano too! In fact we've had 2 lengthy, dramatic, emotional, controversial and exhausting Yonko arcs back to back! We need a serious break! LOL

Act 3 ending never!

:lusalty::nicagesmile::pepemy::goatasure:

Skypiea is such a great and fun arc, no one should ever skip the Skypiea arc.
Completely agree! Well said!

:cheers:

WCI as an adventure was actually pretty good, but the arc in itself suffered through the many conveniences and of course the reason why the arc happened did not sit well with me.
Problem is Oda condensing a lot of different ideas into one, and of course also most of the stuff is known since we are actively targeting Yonkou, so the Strawhats are far more active in their journey, whereas pre-TS was they stumbled into stuff.
Heck, that is perfectly underlined by usage of Log Pose. Pre-TS since Whiskey Peak Log Pose was relevant until Shabondy.
Post-TS the new Log Pose has not once been relevant. After FI we got to Punk Hazard, from then we aimed for Dressrosa, from there we had a vivre card to Zou, from there WCI with the help of Pekomz and then Wa No.
The only traditionally adventurous arcs were FI and Zou.
Yeah, I concur with this entirely too. That's a great point about the Log Pose, that has bothered me too. Thats a serious shame regarding it, but I hope post Wano it will become relevant/important again somehow.

Fishman Island and Zou definitely were the adventure arcs as you said and it's funny how a lot of people elswhere in THE community regard them as the "worst arcs" post TS, can you believe that!?

:lawsigh::whitepress::odenugh::sanjimeh:

Excellent points anyway, well said too! That was really important to be pointed out too, we need things like this being brought up more in the community as a whole.

There's a lot of people out there who are forgetting what OP was in the beginning, what it was about and what made it One Piece and so unique.

Right!? I'm seriously hoping Elbaf is gonna be this, there's so much potential for it. A sort of hybrid of WCI, Skypeia and Zou even in terms of world building and setting! We seriously need a breather and fun arc after Wano too! In fact we've had 2 lengthy, dramatic, emotional, controversial and exhausting Yonko arcs back to back! We need a serious break! LOL

Act 3 ending never!

Yeah, I concur with this entirely too. That's a great point about the Log Pose, that has bothered me too. Thats a serious shame regarding it, but I hope post Wano it will become relevant/important again somehow.

Fishman Island and Zou definitely were the adventure arcs as you said and it's funny how a lot of people elswhere in THE community regard them as the "worst arcs" post TS, can you believe that!?

Excellent points anyway, well said too! That was really important to be pointed out too, we need things like this being brought up more in the community as a whole.

There's a lot of people out there who are forgetting what OP was in the beginning, what it was about and what made it One Piece and so unique.
Who in their right fucking mind calls Zou a bad arc :lusalty:

Last edited:
G

Gorosei Informer

How in their right fucking mind calls Zou a bad arc :lusalty:
It's surprising honestly. I didn't like how Oda Sanji baited us into thinking Sanji had died then or so but I really enjoyed the arc.

Some people criticised the Raizo is safe moment somehow, said it was "too much emotional bait" or something stupid like that, complained about the lack of fights, said it felt like filler, they hated the minks and thought it was "pro furry agenda" from Oda, they hated how Jack getting jobbed, said it was too short ironically and so on.

I suppose you can't please everyone ofc but still, this is some truly ridiculous criticisms.

:lawsigh:
Post automatically merged:

i love how no one tries to predict act 3 ending anymore xD
We've lost hope and given up at this point.

:sanjimeh::lulz::emohiyo::josad:

Jack chapter confirmed!?

:lumazed::saden::finally::stealthblack:

I swear if his name isn't Jack D Pot now (Jack(ed) Pot) I'm gonna be mad! Jack Pot would be so perfect for Kaido's crew naming theme! LMAO

*edit*

I should really remember to use the edit option, ironically! LOL

:cantseeme::nicagesmile::mihanha:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's surprising honestly. I didn't like how Oda Sanji baited us into thinking Sanji had died then or so but I really enjoyed the arc.

Some people criticised the Raizo is safe moment somehow, said it was "too much emotional bait" or something stupid like that, complained about the lack of fights, said it felt like filler, they hated the minks and thought it was "pro furry agenda" from Oda, they hated how Jack getting jobbed, said it was too short ironically and so on.

I suppose you can't please everyone ofc but still, this is some truly ridiculous criticisms.

:lawsigh:

We've lost hope and given up at this point.

:sanjimeh::lulz::emohiyo::josad:

Jack chapter confirmed!?

:lumazed::saden::finally::stealthblack:

I swear if his name isn't Jack D Pot now (Jack(ed) Pot) I'm gonna be mad! Jack Pot would be so perfect for Kaido's crew naming theme! LMAO
Damn, that has to be really vocal minority then. I remember Drizzt saying that the Raizo reveal was underwhelming, but I thought the execution was perfect there.

Oda's said that he loves drawing animals the most and I think that a breather arc like Zou was apt for doing just that (not like all the gifter fluff we get here in Wano). The art was probably the best it had been since Fishman island.

About the Sanji thing I guess yeah Nami hugging and crying like that would make you feel like something really terrible went down with him, but I still really liked the way Oda gave exposition on those events- from Bege formally inviting them to his castle and then taking him away in his tank form lol.

Even if someone disliked those parts, the lore bombs starting from the existence of road poneglyphs to discussing on making Marco joining their cause were top tier and more than made up for any disappointment (if there was any to begin with)

Act 3 ending never!

Personally can´t. FI had some really questionable stuff (nosebleed) but once again thematically it was on point, taking up Arlong once again and inverting Inherited Will.
But from a combat standpoint it was disappointing of course since after so long, we got see the Strawhats, and they faced weak opponents.

You say that the gap between King and Queen is astronomical and you pretend that King is grouped separately from the other All Stars just like how Katakuri was for the Sweet 3 Generals, but once again Oda has proven you and others wrong multiple times.
The whole point of your argument is just shit. These 2 characters are introduced together and standing together, they must be equal in powerlevel. :laughmoji: Man gtfo with this bullshit.

G

Gorosei Informer

Damn, that has to be really vocal minority then. I remember Drizzt saying that the Raizo reveal was underwhelming, but I thought the execution was perfect there.

Oda's said that he loves drawing animals the most and I think that a breather arc like Zou was apt for doing just that (not like all the gifter fluff we get here in Wano). The art was probably the best it had been since Fishman island.

About the Sanji thing I guess yeah Nami hugging and crying like that would make you feel like something really terrible went down with him, but I still really liked the way Oda gave exposition on those events- from Bege formally inviting them to his castle and then taking him away in his tank form lol.

Even if someone disliked those parts, the lore bombs starting from the existence of road poneglyphs to discussing on making Marco joining their cause were top tier and more than make up for any disappointment (if there was any to begin with)
Yeah he was one of the biggest Will of Detractors for real. The execution was definitely perfect imo, agree with you wholeheartedly. Nobody saw it coming from what I remember, it was so out of left field. Proper shocking, emotional, clever twist that was executed carefully.

Oh yeah? That makes a LOT of sense! That really explains a lot then! I suppose the gifters are much more unique, creative, challenging and funnier for Oda, creating all this Island of Dr Moreau style nightmarish hybrids which reminds me of Absalom and Thriller Barks zombies too. Also Law with what he did to people like Monet and Brownbeard lol.

I really wanted to see a bunch more of different zoans specifically and their awakenings and hybrid forms, but alas, maybe there will be some more in future?

:josad:

Yeah, it was also Brook being confused for Sanjis corpse skeleton or something too? I remember the chapter had Nami crying and it ended with her saying "Sanji is!..." and between that and the skeleton thing, it implied he had died offscreen somehow. I thought that was really in poor taste tbh.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the whole Bege involvement too, the invitation and formality of it all as you said. That tank form was hilarious and his role was so unexpected and a shocking great setup to WCI and the reveal of Sanjis full name and lineage finally ofc!

Status
Not open for further replies.