Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato is for sure top 1 candidate for next SH crew at this point, without any other strong candidate.

One thing I am affraid of is Oda decide to make "I am Oden" as her comedic signature on the crew since Oda make her speak this bullshit since she was a kid, it now sounds more just like Luffy's I'll be the Pirate King lines:josad:.
Hope this not the case though, Yamato need to get rid from that shit ASAP.

As for the design argument- the more designs there are, the more time Oda spent on the character. Most of the Strawhats have had multiple old designs before Oda settled on his final version.

-the original three were built up through numerous pre-One Piece stuff ( the two Romance Dawns for Luffy and Nami, Monsters for Ryuma, Nami’s axe and metal arms). Here’s something that Oda drew that looks to have became One Piece where Zoro looks like a Shanks hybrid
-Usopp was older, the First Mate, and looked more like a typical pirate
-Sanji was a gunslinger with a hat at one point that looked very little like what we got
-Chopper was a big smoking reindeer that was more humanoid at one point
-Robin was a weird botanist man (this is interesting because of how often Oda still has big trees in the story, and often near Void Century stuff)
-Franky was a catfish shipwright nothing like what we got
-Brook was fairly sorted, there’s only so many ways to draw a skeleton, but the all-important afro was a later addition
-Jinbei’s has multiple designs and a name change

Oda spending time on Yamato, making sure to get her design right, means she’s important to him

Yamao got some actual points this chapter with her flashback. Shimotsuki Ushimaru could play the role of her mentor figure if there is another flashback that follows up. It was obvious that Oden couldn't be her mentor figure and I said a while back that Yamao that it's essential for another figure to appear if she's to be a serious candidate, so points there. That being said, it doesn't seem like she'll have an extensive flashback based on the introduction so...

Either way, the ground she gained there, is heavily outweighed by the stuff with Kaido. People used the excuse "Kaido's just going easy on her". It's now confirmed that he's not. He's in hybird form genuinely trying to kill her...but can't.... The strength she displayed easily surpasses anything Sanji can dream of accomplishing. I said it before but this just makes it totally undeniable that she'd destroy the M3 if she were to join.

People say, "Oh but Jinbe, Robin and Franky were strong too." But the situations aren't remotely the same.

Robin's greatest feat in Alabasta was beating Pell. And his greatest feat (excluding asspull nukes), was beating some fodder. When it was time for her to fight the big bad she literally got no diffed. The fight lasted about 5 seconds and Crocodile beat her in one hit. She was strong, but didn't do anything Zoro and Sanji weren't easily capable of either.

Then we have Franky. He was able to fight evenly with Luffy and was shown to be a force to be reckoned with too. But again, when it came time for him to fight Lucci, he also no diffed. The fight lasted seconds and Franky was out. When it came to the end of arc fights, the M3 got power ups and fought the 3 strongest CP9 agents, whilst Franky was struggling with Fukuro the second weakest. He was clearly beneath them.

With Jinbe, Oda delayed him joining the crew for close to 10 years until Zoro and Sanji got power ups. When the final battles came around, Zoro and Sanji got a calamity whilst Jinbe fought a Tobi Roppo. Oda didn't even settle with him fighting Jack in a fishman battle. Instead he dropped Jinbe's opponent down to Tobi Roppo level alongside Franky and Robin.

All 3 of them may have been strong, but when the end of the arc came before they joined Oda ensured that they didn't disrupt the hierarchy in the crew. Luffy/Zoro/Sanji will always be the 3 strongest straw hats, no matter who joins. I greatly struggle to see any plausible way in which Sanji can become strong enough to use advanced CoC attacks and clash with a blood lusted hybrid Kaido. Her power level just has no place in the crew dynamics, so it's a really huge blow against her.

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Luffy was fighting equally with Hybrid Kaido without gears

Asura Zoro fought off Hybrid Kaido as a zombie and scarred him

Killer almost killed Dragon Kaido but was stopped by BM

Kidd, Law and Killer hurt Kaido without using COA

Apoo one shotted Luffy and had Luffy, Zoro, Kidd and Killer running away from him

Sanji went from needing the RS to hurt P1 to hurting Hybrid Queen without it.

Yamato was gonna go hybrid to fight Base Sasaki and his armored platoon when Franky fought them and beat Hybrid Sasaki.

Yeah let's place level caps on people in this inconsistent mess to say Yamato breaks the M3 hierarchy and can't join. Looks like Carrot can't join either since she would break the Weakling Trio.

Yamao got some actual points this chapter with her flashback. Shimotsuki Ushimaru could play the role of her mentor figure if there is another flashback that follows up. It was obvious that Oden couldn't be her mentor figure and I said a while back that Yamao that it's essential for another figure to appear if she's to be a serious candidate, so points there. That being said, it doesn't seem like she'll have another flashback based on the introduction so...

Either way, the ground she gained there, is heavily outweighed by the stuff with Kaido. People used the excuse "Kaido's just going easy on her". It's now confirmed that he's not. He's in hybird form genuinely trying to kill her...but can't.... The strength she displayed easily surpasses anything Sanji can dream of accomplishing. I said it before but this just makes it totally undeniable that she'd destroy the M3 if she were to join.

People say, "Oh but Jinbe, Robin and Franky were strong too." But the situations aren't remotely the same.

Robin's greatest feat in Alabasta was beating Pell. And his greatest feat (excluding asspull nukes), was beating some fodder. When it was time for her to fight the big bad she literally got no diffed. The fight lasted about 5 seconds and Crocodile beat her in one hit. She was strong, but didn't do anything Zoro and Sanji weren't easily capable of either.

Then we have Franky. He was able to fight evenly with Luffy and was shown to be a force to be reckoned with too. But again, when it came time for him to fight Lucci, he also no diffed. The fight lasted seconds and Franky was out. When it came to the end of arc fights, the M3 got power ups and fought the 3 strongest CP9 agents, whilst Franky was struggling with Fukuro the second weakest. He was clearly beneath them.

With Jinbe, Oda delayed him joining the crew for close to 10 years until Zoro and Sanji got power ups. When the final battles came around, Zoro and Sanji got a calamity whilst Jinbe fought a Tobi Roppo. Oda didn't even settle with him fighting Jack in a fishman battle. Instead he dropped Jinbe's opponent down to Tobi Roppo level alongside Franky and Robin.

All 3 of them may have been strong, but when the end of the arc came before they joined Oda ensured that they didn't disrupt the hierarchy in the crew. Luffy/Zoro/Sanji will always be the 3 strongest straw hats, no matter who joins. I greatly struggle to see any plausible way in which Sanji can become strong enough to use advanced CoC attacks and clash with a blood lusted hybrid Kaido. Her power level just has no place in the crew dynamics, so it's a really huge blow against her.
You said:

All 3 of them may have been strong, but when the end of the arc came before they joined Oda ensured that they didn't disrupt the hierarchy in the crew. Luffy/Zoro/Sanji will always be the 3 strongest straw hats, no matter who joins.

Also you:

I greatly struggle to see any plausible way in which Sanji can become strong enough to use advanced CoC attacks and clash with a blood lusted hybrid Kaido. Her power level just has no place in the crew dynamics, so it's a really huge blow against her.

Aren't you contradicting yourself here??

:kaidowhat:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
At this point the chance for Carrot to join is tinier than the last panel she got from last chapter. Deep down you Carrot stand know this, right? gotta give up the hope mans
If someone with 0 build up to join SH will get a chance then Carrot will probably hide in the barrel or some shit and Luffy would not tell her to go away.

One thing for sure is that no one is allowed to join the Strawhats and share his Sake with everyone before it becomes VERY CLEAR that Sanji is stronger than them. Robin and Franky after EL, and Jinbe after Wano...I don't see Sanji eclipsing her feats before Wano wraps up

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
If the impossible happens and Yamato doesn't join I'm definitely investing in Boa stock next. :usoprice:
Lol who knows. In one of the SH drafts, the ship right was originally gonna be a Fishman. Instead we got Franky, with Tom being his shipright father figure. Fishman recruit ended up being Jinbe and he was foreshadowed by Zoro's shirt in Arlong Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.