Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
It's also not "just merch". They showed the lineup at first as the strawhats plus a mystery character. It was pretty obvious whoever was the mystery character was the next nakama. Otherwise why pretend the identity of the 11th One Piece towel of all things was some big reveal worth this show and weeks of waiting? If they revealed a Carrot towel instead I would have packed my bags and accepted her as the next nakama instead. It doesn't get more blatant than this.
An eight thousand word essay on how the size and shape of the towels actually imply that Yamato WON’T join the crew is being written as we speak :gokulaugh:

Kyros never had any expectations as a nakama though, rather than Paulie tier it would be like Iceberg joining the crew, unless there was some 5head theory about Luffy's wish for a statue somehow being Kyros foreshadowing I can't make sense of such expectations.
Kyros was definitely way more important than iceberg, but yeah, not sure what pointed to him joining the crew.

Last edited:
I'd be very happy honestly. If Kyros couldn't join then no one should.
Kyros whole story was about getting back with his daughter. Yamato keeps telling us time and time again that her dream is to sail the seas, and Oda even went the extra mile by having her state that she wants to do it with Luffy. You can only take a red herring so far before turning a twist from shocking to infuriating

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Kyros never had any expectations as a nakama though, rather than Paulie tier it would be like Iceberg joining the crew, unless there was some 5head theory about Luffy's wish for a statue somehow being Kyros foreshadowing I can't make sense of such expectations.
This was way back in 2015 man. Kyros got 2 goddman flashbacks, had one leg and got so much focus in that arc, and he didn't even join the goddman fleet!!!! Felt like such a waste to spend all that time and focus on Kyros for such little reward. Not to mention the tease at the end of him packing up and getting ready to leave DR.

The merch is an additional clue. Remember that OP official youtube, OP official twitter, even WSJ give special welcome to Hayamin. And for Yamato’s color, it won’t be official until Oda states in SBS / Vivre Card. It’s just to distract the obvious clue that Yamato is definitely going to join by obscuring it with the color theory. Interesting enough is that Yamato, Luffy, and Jinbe’s blood type is the same.

I just think it’s weird that she still hasn’t have role hinted at this far in and that now she has apparently has adv(?)conquerors haki. I don’t get why she’s being portrayed as luffy’s equal if she’s just gonna be a subordinate. Those are the only things preventing me from feeling 100% certain that she’s joining.
I don't think that matter much if she joins she's basically the Oden of the SH no pun intended minus the VOAT(Momo has it) and how to read/write poneglyph(Robin)

Just look at Oden I think its safe to say at this point that he has Adv CoC but he served both under WB and Roger.

I think its going to be hilarious that Yamato joins anyway. No direct role in the crew because she doesn't (outwardly) seem to have a skillset outside of being a fighter. Just straight up a hassle because she doesn't know how to be a pirate lol.

I can see the gags already of her destroying the ship all the time because she doesn't know what to do:suresure:
I guarantee you that she will have a role on the crew or she doesn't join.. People think Strawhat pattern don't matter, but it does.. Like Carrot's bullshit dream of adventuring, its not a worthy dream to become a Strawhat.. Yamato will have to have a greater dream that's important with the storyline and a definite role on the crew.. Oda went out of his way to give a ridiculous helmsman feat to Jinbei..

Some people and more to come think Yamato is a done deal, she's really not.. She's in clear obvious lead, strongest contender receiving heavy focus needed to be a Strawhat, a hundred times more than Carrot ever got.. Everyone who believe that Yamato is in the bag are the same as the Carrot fans who thought Luffy would ask her to join the crew at the end of WCI, you're fooling yourself and dont get it at all..

Yamato is for sure top 1 candidate for next SH crew at this point, without any other strong candidate.

One thing I am affraid of is Oda decide to make "I am Oden" as her comedic signature on the crew since Oda make her speak this bullshit since she was a kid, it now sounds more just like Luffy's I'll be the Pirate King lines:josad:.
Hope this not the case though, Yamato need to get rid from that shit ASAP.

This so much. Congrats on Yamato being a new Strawhat, but the Oden gag will get old too fast. Probably worse than Brook's panty jokes. :odenugh:

She's with BlackBeard...

Evil Carrot incoming, BlackBeard spy.

:crazwhat:
I just thought about this scenario yesterday. It kinda makes sense for Carrot to join Blackbeard Pirates, no joking.

1. Carrot has been consistently portrayed as someone evil throughout Wano arc. It's just that she happens to be in protagonist's side so probably some people don't notice it.

She kept spreading the whole propaganda of "Perospero killed Pedro" and she made not only few, but lots from Mink tribe, including Duke Nekomamushi, believing her false words.

It's like Oda is trying to set up Carrot's dark nature, as a manipulative woman who can trick lots of people, including those stronger than her, to do the work for her.

By any chance if Blackbeard (who somehow already knew the whole story of Carrot, Pedro and Perospero) met her, he maybe like:
Blackbeard: I have seen the potential in you. I can see darkness deep beneath your heart. Pedro's dream shall never end! Join me!
Carrot: *unsures yet eventually agrees*

2. Powerlevel wise, Carrot will gain more by joining Blackbeard than joining Luffy.

By gaining Luffy, most likely she will only end up being grouped together with Chopper and Usopp, acting silly then cowardly. Without Sulong, she is Weakling Trio level.
And with Sulong, which apparently only happen once in a month, she levelled up to Nico Robin level? But then again I'm not actually sure she can match the demon Robin who defeated Black Maria.

But by joining Blackbeard, she can become a strong character quickly. Blackbeard will just hand her another overpowered devil fruit.

3. Carrot's opponent in SHP vs BB arc
It's Chopper and imo this will be a better fight than these Chopper vs Dr. Q / Stronger / San Juan Wolf predictions.
Because it is not only a random battle, but a battle with drama and emotion. "Once acted as close sibling in WCI arc, now the two meet again but as enemies".

Status
Not open for further replies.