• Being put out of commission and then getting captured

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Escaping Wano

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Others (mention in the comments)

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Sigh...none of the main antagonists have been killed in the entirety of the story but somehow we are gonna get a complete 180 this arc and Kaido will be killed:lawsigh:
Not to mention death is his desire so we are finna just grant him what he wants
:sus:
Anyways folks will believe what they wanna believe. Thought Kaido was a boring antagonist earlier on in the arc, but he's gotten more and more interesting as the arc has gone on and I'm starting to feel like Oda is gonna write him in that grey area, as opposed to being just plain evil like Doffy etc. I reckon the climax fight btw him & Luffy will be a "clash of ideals" and Kaido will lose on that front and maybe even change his perspective on life a bit and end up deciding to give up on dying in order to see how Luffy's journey will end when Luffy proves to him that he's indeed Joyboy ^^. If you look at Zoro & Sanji's main fights, the "clash of ideals" theme is also present there. Queen a Cyborg that's modified himself and believes he's the ultimate fighting machine and is proud of it vs Sanji who is *failed* enhanced human but proud to be human, Zoro an out and out swordsman vs King who views swordsmanship as a mere tool in his arsenal so I reckon Luffy's will have a similar theme too ^^ (Would be hella dope if we gotta a Rocks v Roger type clash of ideals with Kaido and Luffy ^^)

Anyways back to the topic, I reckon Kaido will be captured by the Marines though a more interesting scenario imo would be him choosing to up and leave after losing to Luffy. IIRC, he made a promise to Oden 21 years ago? that he was gonna leave Wano after he's finished his prep to leave or some shit like that (which ended up being a lie) but it'd be interesting if Oda revisits that ^^.

Sigh...none of the main antagonists have been killed in the entirety of the story but somehow we are gonna get a complete 180 this arc and Kaido will be killed:lawsigh:
Not to mention death is his desire so we are finna just grant him what he wants
:sus:
Anyways folks will believe what they wanna believe. Thought Kaido was a boring antagonist earlier on in the arc, but he's gotten more and more interesting as the arc has gone on and I'm starting to feel like Oda is gonna write him in that grey area, as opposed to being just plain evil like Doffy etc. I reckon the climax fight btw him & Luffy will be a "clash of ideals" and Kaido will lose on that front and maybe even change his perspective on life a bit and end up deciding to give up on dying in order to see how Luffy's journey will end when Luffy proves to him that he's indeed Joyboy ^^. If you look at Zoro & Sanji's main fights, the "clash of ideals" theme is also present there. Queen a Cyborg that's modified himself and believes he's the ultimate fighting machine and is proud of it vs Sanji who is *failed* enhanced human but proud to be human, Zoro an out and out swordsman vs King who views swordsmanship as a mere tool in his arsenal so I reckon Luffy's will have a similar theme too ^^ (Would be hella dope if we gotta a Rocks v Roger type clash of ideals with Kaido and Luffy ^^)

Anyways back to the topic, I reckon Kaido will be captured by the Marines though a more interesting scenario imo would be him choosing to up and leave after losing to Luffy. IIRC, he made a promise to Oden 21 years ago? that he was gonna leave Wano after he's finished his prep to leave or some shit like that (which ended up being a lie) but it'd be interesting if Oda revisits that ^^.
Kaido's biggest wish is too participate in the greatest war the world have ever seen and die under the spotlight of the entire world like WB and Roger, instead he'll die in a closed off country where nobody will witness his death and he won't participate in the final war. Seems to me like he doesn't get his granted wish.

Kaido's biggest wish is too participate in the greatest war the world have ever seen and die under the spotlight of the entire world like WB and Roger, instead he'll die in a closed off country where nobody will witness his death and he won't participate in the final war. Seems to me like he doesn't get his granted wish.
That’s not true as Kaido was willing to let the scabbards kill him as he believed that a satisfying death for his dream

Kaido doesn't give a shit about Zoro and sees Luffy as the only one with the potential to beat him (hallucinations of Rocks,Roger and the rest)

Zoro is relying on a miracle drug and has said he would even circumvent swordsmanship to edge out a win against King, but I'm sure he'll be ready to kill Kaido afterwards :choppawhat:

This arc is designed to have Luffy's name echo out across the world as the man who beat Kaido, nothing is going to happen to overshadow that.

With Zoro's apparent Shimotsuki connection, almost nobody can deny the chances of ZKK with a straight face and it's obvious that he'll be overwhelmingly favored on this forum. But if I had to play the devils advocate-
  • Why do you think Oda wouldn't show Zoro and Sanji to be completely spent after their respective battles with King & Queen, especially with Zoro running on borrowed time from the medicine that he just took from Chopper?
  • If anything, don't you see the painful side effect playing out during the tail end of his fight with King where he'd have to muscle through to take the win?
  • King seems to be relevant to the overarching plot now especially with thematic undertone of "god" being present with the introduction to his race, which could have some extremely important takeaways for Zoro moving onto the upcoming final saga (involving the WG) and by touching upon his own beliefs on the topic of god itself. Why would you see Oda making Zoro win this relatively easily and brushing King off for him to pull off a feat like that straight after their fight?
  • If people imagine Zoro executing him when Kaido is at his weakest, why would he be flying in his dragon form, which is a prerequisite for the picturesque Ryuma parallel to take place?
  • Ryuma, like Garp isn't known for just a single legend, while we are eventually building up towards an inevitable battle over the capital, who's to say that Ryuma's inherited will be carried only in terms of his legend as a dragon-slayer without knowing his other legends or getting more context to his character?
  • Despite Luffy putting in most of the work in his fight with Kaido, wouldn't Zoro just being involved in the act of killing Kaido sensationalize him more over Luffy in the world's eyes? Especially when this is the arc meant to properly establish Luffy as a Yonko and when Zoro is sacrificing his all to fight as a "wing" for Luffy's cause. Akainu arguably damaged WB more than anyone, yet it was BB who was sensationalized as the one who killed him by coming in at last.
These are some of the points which come to mind when you try to argue against Zoro doing it but the other options are much more flawed when looked at deeply, which still makes ZKK plausible enough at the moment.

I don't get the argument that Villian can't get what they want
Like cmon, WCI's last half was about giving Big Mom what she wanted, the damn Wedding Cake, and she got it.
As long as what Kaidou or any villian's dream doesn't go against the benefit of the good guy, then there's no problem of giving them exactly what they want.
Kaidou's death doesn't harm or do anything to the good guy.
Also the "oh it never happened before so it can happen again" is piss-poor
Like shit no good guy died before MF, Pell survived a fucking nuke. But in MF, Oda decided to kill off 2 good guy.
What makes you think that Oda won't do the same 500 chapters later, to 2 of the bad guys?

Oda doesn’t do heroes killing villains. It just doesn’t happen in one piece.

Momotaro ended with Momo capturing the Oni King and showing him to the capital city as proof that he is defeated. Likely end, Kaido is chained on Udon with seastone. Makes sense as Wano is the land of seastone

Second scenario, Big Mom kills Kaido. The weirdest thing that stuck out to me is Kaido having a life debt to big mom. It’s a strange thing to sprinkle in out of nowhere. If Kaido is defeated and refuses to accept his defeat it would be interesting if big mom capitalized on this to create a new homie with the soul of the worlds strongest creature.

Third Scenario, Kaido successfully kills himself at the end of the arc.

Fourth scenario, Zoro kills Kaido. Again I don’t really see it as heroes killing villains just isn’t done in one piece.

doesn't make sense considering he wanted to commit suicide by jumping from the sky on some small island in the middle of nowhere

Oda doesn’t do heroes killing villains. It just doesn’t happen in one piece.

Momotaro ended with Momo capturing the Oni King and showing him to the capital city as proof that he is defeated. Likely end, Kaido is chained on Udon with seastone. Makes sense as Wano is the land of seastone

Second scenario, Big Mom kills Kaido. The weirdest thing that stuck out to me is Kaido having a life debt to big mom. It’s a strange thing to sprinkle in out of nowhere. If Kaido is defeated and refuses to accept his defeat it would be interesting if big mom capitalized on this to create a new homie with the soul of the worlds strongest creature.

Third Scenario, Kaido successfully kills himself at the end of the arc.

Fourth scenario, Zoro kills Kaido. Again I don’t really see it as heroes killing villains just isn’t done in one piece.
But is zoro a hero? For me he has the potrayal of a anti hero.

All are set up for Zoro to be the killing-blow
- The villian wants to die? Check
- The villian is shown as both unable to be killed and unable to beat 1v1? Check
- People on the raid expressed that only once Kaidou's head is off the ground will the war be won? Check
- Zoro inherited the Enma from Oden's Son, whose wish before he died is to cut off Kaidou's head? Check
- Zoro's uncle thought bubble about "no one in 20 years has been able to take Kaidou's head" right on Zoro? Check
- Zoro himself claimed that he wanted to slice up/cut up Kaidou? Check
- Zoro himself has had history and confrontation with Kaidou? Check
- Zoro is now paralled with Ryuma, the Sword God who slew a Dragon right above the capital? Check
- Zoro now has blood-fuel with Kaidou because Kaidou most likely executed/gave the order to execute his dad (Ushimaru)? Check
- Zoro still needs to turn his sword black? Check
Like common, you can dislike the theory all you want, but like Bounty said, you can't even say with a straight face that this is not what Oda is building up to.

A

Akagaminoproduction

I think current point should be what kind of ZKK would it be??? If luffy beats kaido 1v1 and falls while kaido gets up again... what kind of defeat kaido suffered??
if zoro kills completely lul kaido waiting for death... what kind of ZKK is that???
now we have a ZKK like kaido lost to luffy and loose most of CoC and all and tries to run.... whats the point of Enma hype coz anything can cut him up at that point....
I dont think we gonna have greatest war inside One Piece but biggest fandom wars are also gonna take place...

• Why do you think Oda wouldn't show Zoro and Sanji to be completely spent after their respective battles with King & Queen, especially with Zoro running on borrowed time from the medicine that he just took from Chopper?
  • If anything, don't you see the painful side effect playing out during the tail end of his fight with King where he'd have to muscle through to take the win?
The medicine will have taken affect before ZKK imo. The way I see it gonna be Marco that flys after Kaido while Zoro charges 1 final attack, thus the pheasant part in the momotaro legend.

Intentional or not, itll look like Guts and Zodd's final attack on Ganishka.
King seems to be relevant to the overarching plot now especially with thematic undertone of "god" being present with the introduction to his race, which could have some extremely important takeaways for Zoro moving onto the upcoming final saga (involving the WG) and by touching upon his own beliefs on the topic of god itself. Why would you see Oda making Zoro win this relatively easily and brushing King off for him to pull off a feat like that straight after their fight?
I dont think itll be an easy fight. Like Katakuri, King will almost a mentor throughout their fight for either CoC or some variant of CoA. I also expect King to break one of his swords as a form of set up for him getting a Bkack Blade (against Kaido's neck) this arc.

That said, if Zoro cones out of the fight no stronger than wen he entered it, my faith in ZKK will start to waver
If people imagine Zoro executing him when Kaido is at his weakest, why would he be flying in his dragon form, which is a prerequisite for the picturesque Ryuma parallel to take place?
We dont know the fight with Luffy will go so we dont know so it doesnt rlly make sense to argue abt imo.

If hes literally knocked out cold while Luffy is walking arnd, then sure, ZKK is dead.
Ryuma, like Garp isn't known for just a single legend, while we are eventually building up towards an inevitable battle over the capital, who's to say that Ryuma's inherited will be carried only in terms of his legend as a dragon-slayer without knowing his other legends or getting more context to his character?
We know he was WSM and warded off the Marines from Wano. We already know Zoro will never be the former, and nothing bat an Admiral is worth sending and dont see Zoro beating any Admiral right now.

There could be other legends we dont know abt, but making up new stuff right before Zoro can replicate it chapters later legit feels like bad writing to me. Oda likes to set things up 100s of chapters in advanced. There is no more cathartic narrative conclusion than tieing ZKK to a manga that predates OP.
Despite Luffy putting in most of the work in his fight with Kaido, wouldn't Zoro just being involved in the act of killing Kaido sensationalize him more over Luffy in the world's eyes? Especially when this is the arc meant to properly establish Luffy as a Yonko and when Zoro is sacrificing his all to fight as a "wing" for Luffy's cause. Akainu arguably damaged WB more than anyone, yet it was BB who was sensationalized as the one who killed him by coming in at last.
Sanji is the one delt with Meme in WCI and still had a fraction of Luffy's bounty.

Like every arc before this one, the captain is the who get the lion share of the blame.

doesn't make sense considering he wanted to commit suicide by jumping from the sky on some small island in the middle of nowhere
He also protected himself from the scabbards as they were to deliver the final blow maybe he is not as suicidal as when he was introduced and actually values his life. This is further supported by his ambitions to start the biggest war allying himself with Big mom Kaido wants to die on his own terms which won't be the case with ZKK.