Theory The bamboozle that could happen with the "Rising Sun"

Banchi

yawn-together
For added context, one thing that appeals to me about One Piece is how alive the world that Oda has crafted and blessed us with is. That despite the focus being in one place there's likely to be another thing elsewhere. One thing that we do know is that Wano being "closed" has abundantly allowed for that at a story stand point. Well this "theory" slash speculation slash result of too much of that devil's lettuce has admittedly been in the back of my mind for quite some time, like a shadow if you will.

To start things off I've noticed something interesting about Kaido. The stature of him being such a unit in both his human and DF form really is off with something. He lacks a shadow, or it would seem. His cape seeming like an intentional cover up. It started with chapter 1000

After that it seems to vanish... The fights even being unusually bright.
But how could he lose his shadow? For those that are familiar with the history of the world of One Piece Kaido has some bad blood with certain shadow stealer, Gecko Moria. A rather ridiculed character amongst the One Piece community, and for good reason I'll admit. It's been said that Kaido and the Beast pirates obliterated his entire crew leaving him to have to roam the seas of the Florian Triangle in order to trick ships passing through. Something paradigm for Moria as its effected him even with just the mere mention of his name getting him angry. In any case especially with the context above it's not entirely improbable that all this hype and spectacle fighting is a distraction. A connotation I picked up with Shiryu gaining access to the invisible fruit. A possible nod. The fight intentionally taking place at night with a "rising sun" depicted as the hope for Wano. Kaido being immortal has left to question in how he would be defeated. The Marines can't contain him. In fact it's known that he is going to die, but there needs to be a special method to it.

Kaido also reminding me of the fight with Oars. I'm apart of a rare species in that I like all the Strawhats. I have no deviation between any of them including a certain cook and his boyfriend. That in mind I kept thinking that Kaido would be Oars 2.0 with all the Strawhats working together. That's unlikely now especially with my girl sleeping though it leaves room for thought in that what if Kaido's shadow took over a corpse? The power behind that would match when Blackbeard revealed that he had 2 devil fruits. It's obvious that with the loss if that one scumbag Blackbeard and his crew have something going on with Gecko. Whether he's dead and got the same treatment or that they teamed up is in the air.

Imagine this scenario:
The sun finally starts to rise. The "hope" that has been longed is finally here.
Instead of a final blow by Luffy or decapitation by Zoro however Kaido suddenly starts disintegrating. Blackbeard then emerges followed by Gecko Moria with a maniacal grin holding a shadow. Blackbeard then says "Zehahaha a new toy. Thank you for keeping him busy!" Before destroying Wano with an earthquake much like he destroyed that hope. We then see the full effect of the fruit as Kaido then burst into flames looking like he himself has become the sun. That spectacle allows an opening for Blackbeard as he leaves Wano.

Anyway that's about all from me. Feel free to apply any thoughts or inputs and know I love your faces. Thank you for reading 💜

Last edited:

ALI!

Stand on the edge of your dream and fight
I wouldn’t mind this at all tbh, people should think about the key to ending kaido’s immortality and stop thinking about Zkk and that other crap.

I think this will lead to a perfect resolution for wano, it will also build up BBs character even more, as someone who defeated two yonkos cuz If luffy defeats kaido, his inevitable fight vs BB won’t be as thrilling if let’s say, BB defeats kaido. It would be ridiculous if BB > Luffy when luffy defeated the unkillable immortal strongest beast alive known as kaido

I like the theory but I think the majority of the fan base would disagree, I doubt Oda will pull such move, but If he does, you are a genius and I will be happy by the outcome.

Last edited:
B

Ballel

When do you think the death of Kaido's body happened? A longer time ago or just recently?

ending kaido’s immortality and stop thinking about Zkk and that other crap.
I doubt Kaido is actually 'immortal' , just very hard to kill. Also ZKK has a lot of foreshadowing. I didn't believe in it for a long time but imo it is very likely to happen.

Banchi

yawn-together
I doubt Kaido is actually 'immortal' , just very hard to kill. Also ZKK has a lot of foreshadowing. I didn't believe in it for a long time but imo it is very likely to happen.
The series strives on foreshadowing. If they go the ZKK route that would be primitive compared to the other things one piece has done.

Banchi

yawn-together
compared to which things?
How about SMILE
That was mentioned by Doflamingo during pretimeskip Sabaody. Laboon and the Rumbar pirates. Noland being a hero to the Tontatta. All of Usopps lies becoming true. There is some foreshadowing that spans decades and 100s of chapters apart. One Piece is notorious for it. If they relied on something that recent it would be shameful considering what it could be with what I presented here.

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
How about SMILE
That was mentioned by Doflamingo during pretimeskip Sabaody. Laboon and the Rumbar pirates. Noland being a hero to the Tontatta. All of Usopps lies becoming. There is some foreshadowing that spans decades and 100s of chapters apart. One Piece is notorious. If they relied on something that recent it would be shameful considering what it could be with what I presented here.
Huh whats recent about it. Its had tells all the from back in Thriller Bark. Heck there's a one shot older than one piece itself that lends to it.

Banchi

yawn-together
I’m confused. He stood in the day, how is his shadow taken? Might I add this is a Yonko
I know it's super crazy, but the blight that they had plus how Gecko was at the mercy of Blackbeard basically already made Moria a dead man from the start. Thing is I respect Blackbeard as a villain. I can see him pulling something this insane with ease. The day thing I've explained. The lack of a shadow was noticeable during chapter 1000. Have you noticed how weirdly bright the fights have been?

I know it's super crazy, but the blight that they had plus how Gecko was at the mercy of Blackbeard basically already made Moria a dead man from the start. Thing is I respect Blackbeard as a villain. I can see him pulling something this insane with ease. The day thing I've explained. The lack of a shadow was noticeable during chapter 1000. Have you noticed how weirdly bright the fights have been?
It’s night time so I give it a pass, plus lots of things are happening in the rooftop.

Also I feel like Moria would have Haki limitations to remove his Shadow given that Kaido is a Conquerer. Also I feel like Oda wouldn’t rehash the same plot twice.

Anyways this was an interesting read, it playing out the way it would, might be intriguing if it happens. Although I’m on the camp that Blackbeard steals an Ancient weapon and an RP from Totland.

Banchi

yawn-together
It’s night time so I give it a pass, plus lots of things are happening in the rooftop.

Also I feel like Moria would have Haki limitations to remove his Shadow given that Kaido is a Conquerer. Also I feel like Oda wouldn’t rehash the same plot twice.

Anyways this was an interesting read, it playing out the way it would, might be intriguing if it happens. Although I’m on the camp that Blackbeard steals an Ancient weapon and an RP from Totland.
Yeah completely agree. I was thinking since onigashima is lifted in the air that could also explain the brightness, and don't get me wrong I would pee myself if Zoro killed that motherfucker still. I just think that ultimately we need more from Blackbeard, and less from Luffy for balance, and what I posted feels like an opportunity for it
Post automatically merged:

Another thing is, and this is like what I mentioned. Gecko could already be dead, and now someone more capable from Blackbeards crew now wields the shadow fruit. If there is any haki limitation im sure there's a contingency plan that's as equally effective