Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

humanbeing

I was wondering if the strawhat grand fleet members were supposed to mirror the strawhats crew there are many similarities.
Barto has green hair like Zoro and has an ability that makes him basically can tank any attack.
Cavandish is a prince and blond just like Sanji and he damn fast just like Sanji.
Sai has a particular martial art that create shock waves just like Jinbe
Ideo has a explosives attacks just like Franky

I was wondering if the strawhat grand fleet members were supposed to mirror the strawhats crew there are many similarities.
Barto has green hair like Zoro and has an ability that makes him basically can tank any attack.
Cavandish is a prince and blond just like Sanji and he damn fast just like Sanji.
Sai has a particular martial art that create shock waves just like Jinbe
Ideo has a explosives attacks just like Franky
I have the feeling that the grand fleet will be fighting alongside the straw hats in their fight against the BB pirates as each BB pirate is a captain of his own ship so theres gonna have to be a lot of fodder controlv

So, in episdoe 982, I noticed that Yamato's first appearance in the anime was storyboarded as a direct parallel to Oden's running and the delaying of Jinbe's toast for joining the crew. I edited them together here:
This was a bit nebulous, as I was connecting the two scenes based on how they were presented... but then in episode 990, they reused the running scene from before the toast to lead directly into Yamato running through the castle. Again, edited together:
You can obviously just say that this is spice added by the Toei, and that nothing in the anime matters, which is fair. However, while putting the second video together, I noticed the following: Jinbe's toast is delayed in Chapter 977. Luffy says "Let's do it with them! The feast and the toast!" This chapter is also the very first time Yamato is mentioned, with Kaido saying "My son should make an appearance! It's a feast!" Viz translates Luffy's line as "party", but in both cases it's 宴/うたげ, or feast/banquet. This seems like pretty obvious foreshadowing to me.

So, in episdoe 982, I noticed that Yamato's first appearance in the anime was storyboarded as a direct parallel to Oden's running and the delaying of Jinbe's toast for joining the crew. I edited them together here:
This was a bit nebulous, as I was connecting the two scenes based on how they were presented... but then in episode 990, they reused the running scene from before the toast to lead directly into Yamato running through the castle. Again, edited together:
You can obviously just say that this is spice added by the Toei, and that nothing in the anime matters, which is fair. However, while putting the second video together, I noticed the following: Jinbe's toast is delayed in Chapter 977. Luffy says "Let's do it with them! The feast and the toast!" This chapter is also the very first time Yamato is mentioned, with Kaido saying "My son should make an appearance! It's a feast!" Viz translates Luffy's line as "party", but in both cases it's 宴/うたげ, or feast/banquet. This seems like pretty obvious foreshadowing to me.
I wouldn't put to much stock into this to be honest. It seems like a bit of a stretch.

what i didn't like with jinbe
carrot & yamato if they joined.

is how they are not developed with most of the SHs .
jinbe ( only with nami sanji )
carrot (only with chooper nami sanji brook)

yamato with no one yet.

Interesting theory that's been going around about Momotaro. This reddit post brings it all together. I originally thought that Marco was the pheasant but based on his condition and essentially bowing out in recent chapters I'd been having a lot of doubts. Hiyori makes a ton of sense. Her playing a role in the final battle was foreshadowed, and if she's gonna do something then it should be worthwhile. If she really does have a mythical bird fruit then that will seal the deal.

You'd have Luffy fighting alongside:

Hiyori, daughter of Oden and the princess of Wano,
Yamao, daughter of Kaido and the princess of Onigashima
Momo, son of Oden + Kaido's DNA and is the prince of Wano

You can see based on her early designs that Oda also considered the typical OP princess appearance for Yamao.

The Amaterasu/Susanoo/Tsukuyomi parallels seem very logical and the other parallels to Alabastan guardian deities are particularly interesting. Pell/Chaka - Hiyori/Yamao

If Hiyori really is the pheasant then all this further links Yamao to Wano as being a part of a guardian trio of Wano royals fighting along the MC to free their country. This would be Oda forming yet another new dynamic between Yamao and Wano characters, whilst still having absolutely nothing with the straw hats.

We've seen this happen time and time again in OP and we should know by now that the princesses never actually join the crew in the end. Also notable that while Luffy is similarly like a guardian deity, his is based on a wisdom king and acts as the guardian to the world and travels around saving many different nations, whilst Yamao's is Oguchi no Makami a deity that's specifically the guardian of Wano.
Post automatically merged:

what i didn't like with jinbe
carrot & yamato if they joined.

is how they are not developed with most of the SHs .
jinbe ( only with nami sanji )
carrot (only with chooper nami sanji brook)

yamato with no one yet.
Oda always has the future nakama interact with the crew well before they join but he gives each future straw hat a couple of members whom they're closer to before they join.

Chopper: Nami and Sanji
Robin: No one initially for narrative reasons but at EL she had Franky and Usopp
Franky: Robin and Usopp
Brook: Franky and Zoro
Jinbe: Nami and Sanji
Carrot?? : Nami and Chopper

Last edited:
Interesting theory that's been going around about Momotaro. This reddit post brings it all together. I originally thought that Marco was the pheasant but based on his condition and essentially bowing out in recent chapters I'd been having a lot of doubts. Hiyori makes a ton of sense. Her playing a role in the final battle was foreshadowed, and if she's gonna do something then it should be worthwhile. If she really does have a mythical bird fruit then that will seal the deal.

You'd have Luffy fighting alongside:

Hiyori, daughter of Oden and the princess of Wano,
Yamao, daughter of Kaido and the princess of Onigashima
Momo, son of Oden + Kaido's DNA and is the prince of Wano

You can see based on her early designs that Oda also considered the typical OP princess appearance.

The Amaterasu/Susanoo/Tsukuyomi parallels seem very logical and the other parallels to Alabastan guardian deities are particularly interesting. Pell/Chaka - Hiyori/Yamao

If Hiyori really is the pheasant then all this further links Yamao to Wano as being a part of a guardian trio of Wano royals fighting along the MC to free their country. This would be Oda forming yet another new dynamic between Yamao and Wano characters, whilst still having absolutely nothing with the straw hats.

We've seen this happen time and time again in OP and we should know by now that the princesses never actually join the crew in the end. Also notable that while Luffy is also like a guardian deity, his is based on a wisdom king and acts as the guardian to the world and travels around saving many different nations, whilst Yamao's is Oguchi no Makami a deity that's specifically the guardian of Wano.

Oda always has the future nakama interact with the crew well before they join but he gives each future straw hat a couple of members who they're closer with before they join.

Robin: No one initially for narrative reasons but at EL she had Franky and Usopp
The problems I see with all of this:
  • In the Amaterasu/Susanoo/Tsukuyomi parallel, Yamato was sent to the sacred cave, meaning she has to be the sun god Amaterasu... but Luffy is the one associated with the sun and the dawn. We had a very specific reference to a sun god named Nika a few chapters ago, so how do you reconcile Nika and Amaterasu? I also want to point out that people completely ignore the fact that Amaterasu hid in the cave and had to be lured out, while Yamato was held prisoner and was freed by samurai.
  • In the Momotaro story, Momotaro befriended the three animals and got them to help fight against the Oni. Momonosuke has very pointedly not met Hiyori in 20 years.
  • That Reddit thread you linked conjectures Hiyori as the pheasant because she has an as yet unseen Mythical DF which is also a guardian deity of Wano. Seems like a stretch, especially considering she could have easily gotten away from Killer if she was able to fly.
  • If it is true that Hiyori and Momonosuke's DF's make them guardian deities of Wano, that means there's even less reason for Yamato to stay, since she's just one of many guardian deities, not the guardian deity.

You'd have Luffy fighting alongside Hiyori the princess of Wano, Yamao the princess of Onigashima and prince Momo who has both Oden and Kaido in him.

You can see based on her early designs that Oda also considered the typical OP princess appearance.

We've seen this happen time and time again in OP and we should know by now that the princesses never actually join the crew in the end. Also notable that while Luffy is also like a guardian deity, his is based on a wisdom king and acts as the guardian to the world and travels around saving many different nations, whilst Yamao's is Oguchi no Makami a deity that's specifically the guardian of Wano.

Oda always has the future nakama interact with the crew well before they join but he gives each future straw hat a couple of members who they're closer with before they join.

Hiyori is the Pheasant 100% (or Oda is baiting)
Look at her Kimono.

But I don't think that she has any DF or power. I'm worried about her if she goes to the rooftop. Maybe the other three can protect her while she fulfills her purpose (Give Momo the Ame no Habakiri?)

:crazwhat:

Hiyori is the Pheasant 100% (or Oda is baiting)
Look at her Kimono.

But I don't think that she has any DF or power. I'm worried about her if she goes to the rooftop. Maybe the other three can protect her while she fulfills her purpose (Give Momo the Ame no Habakiri?)

:crazwhat:
It wouldn't be bait, Oda just likes to make a lot of references. They don't all have to all come completely to fruition. The first three admirals were a Momotaro reference, but there was no Onigashima or Kibidango, and the Oni was Ace, who they had already captured. The fact that Hiyori has a bird on her Kimono could mean she's the pheasant... or it could be foreshadowing of the fact that she's Kozuki:

Status
Not open for further replies.