Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Sanji's "value" is not purely about fighting strength, but a balance between his combat power, tactical skills, and utility.

However, as Luffy's supposedly one of the Wings, he must maintain a certain degree of battle force. As in, he must be at least "this strong".

So in a way, his combat power does affect Yamato chance of joining. It doesnt matter how strong Yamato is, the more important point is that she can never be stronger than Sanji. At least roughly equal.

In conclusion, all of you must pray that Oda shows and gives Sanji a good feat befitting his title and not be overshadowed by Yamato too much. I know WG is anti-sanji forum, but set that aside for now think about Yamato.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I know that Sanji's "value" is not purely about fighting strength, but a balance between his combat power, tactical skills, and utility.

However, as Luffy's supposedly one of the Wings, he must maintain a certain degree of battle force. As in, he must be at least "this strong".

So in a way, his combat power does affect Yamato chance of joining. It doesnt matter how strong Yamato is, the more important point is that she can never be stronger than Sanji. At least roughly equal.

In conclusion, all of you must pray that Oda shows and gives Sanji a good feat befitting his title and not be overshadowed by Yamato too much. I know WG is anti-sanji forum, but set that aside for now think about Yamato.
Can absolutely guarantee that the one person who could possibly not give a fuck about power levels above all others…is the guy currently writing this series. Y’all can’t tell me the dude who said he had no idea how his main character was gonna beat Kaido ***very shortly before the arc about them squaring off began*** is suddenly all gung ho about whether or not Yamato is stronger than Sanji or Franky or Chopper or any-fuckin’-body else in the canon, that’s absolute nonsense. Oda has even had his protagonists talk on panel multiple times about how some of them are incredibly weak and that not mattering because they do other stuff so well, so it’s not like he’s married to the idea that being stronger than an existing Straw Hat is mutually exclusive with joining the crew, especially in the same arc that Jinbe officially came aboard :kayneshrug:

Can absolutely guarantee that the one person who could possibly not give a fuck about power levels above all others…is the guy currently writing this series. Y’all can’t tell me the dude who said he had no idea how his main character was gonna beat Kaido ***very shortly before the arc about them squaring off began*** is suddenly all gung ho about whether or not Yamato is stronger than Sanji or Franky or Chopper or any-fuckin’-body else in the canon, that’s absolute nonsense. Oda has even had his protagonists talk on panel multiple times about how some of them are incredibly weak and that not mattering because they do other stuff so well, so it’s not like he’s married to the idea that being stronger than an existing Straw Hat is mutually exclusive with joining the crew, especially in the same arc that Jinbe officially came aboard :kayneshrug:
But you also have noticed Oda doubling down on “Luffys wings” so you can’t honestly believe that Odas going to bring someone in stronger than one of his wings…

I can't look at your avatar, it's making me depressed that Carrot's chances are basically dead. Imo that sulong form is Oda's single best character design. Such a waste.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
But you also have noticed Oda doubling down on “Luffys wings” so you can’t honestly believe that Odas going to bring someone in stronger than one of his wings…
I don’t think the “wings” thing means they’re the strongest allies Luffy is “allowed” to have, it’s more indicative of their ability to support their captain in any way necessary. Again, this place takes power levels seriously in a way that has never actually played out in the canon, so it’s not some hard and fast rule in his studio that things HAVE to be a certain way.

I don’t think the “wings” thing means they’re the strongest allies Luffy is “allowed” to have, it’s more indicative of their ability to support their captain in any way necessary. Again, this place takes power levels seriously in a way that has never actually played out in the canon, so it’s not some hard and fast rule in his studio that things HAVE to be a certain way.
I mean when Franky joined, Zoro and Sanji fought someone over 4 times stronger than him. When Jinbe joined Zoro and Sanji are fighting people much stronger than his opponent again. Oda doesn’t care much about power leveling but he does care about th monster trio dynamic.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I mean when Franky joined, Zoro and Sanji fought someone over 4 times stronger than him. When Jinbe joined Zoro and Sanji are fighting people much stronger than his opponent again. Oda doesn’t care much about power leveling but he does care about th monster trio dynamic.
Then Yamato can fight the fourth or fifth strongest member of future enemy organizations for all I care; the Straw Hats are going to be facing Yonko and Admiral level fighters exclusively from here on out, having another fighter of or above Zoro and Sanji’s caliber - like someone who can reasonably keep up with Kaido - isn’t a bad thing even if it means the two characters everyone here clings to for dear life might not get the very first bites of the apple in any given arc.

That's exactly what it means. The Yamato wank won't change that.

I swear, were you people saying Franky = Luffy in Water 7 or something? Stop overhyping every new character that comes across the screen.

Then Yamato can fight the fourth or fifth strongest member of future enemy organizations for all I care; the Straw Hats are going to be facing Yonko and Admiral level fighters exclusively from here on out, having another fighter of or above Zoro and Sanji’s caliber - like someone who can reasonably keep up with Kaido - isn’t a bad thing even if it means the two characters everyone here clings to for dear life might not get the very first bites of the apple in any given arc.
That’s the thing, you know for a fact Luffy will defeat the main boss, Zoro and Sanji will beat the top two underlings after that. The bad thing will be that the 4th or 5th strongest underling in the marines or Blackbeard praises is able to stall Kaido on their own.

Oda doesn’t care much about power levels, but Yamato is getting arguably too strong to be a straw hat.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
That's exactly what it means. The Yamato wank won't change that.

I swear, were you people saying Franky = Luffy in Water 7 or something? Stop overhyping every new character that comes across the screen.
Yeah, that’s exactly what we were saying, because everyone who powerscales is a dipshit. Nobody’s saying Yamato will suddenly supplant them as Luffy’s closest confidants, but if you think she and Jinbe won’t be the complementary force behind them (and in front of the rest of the crew), see the end of my first sentence.
That’s the thing, you know for a fact Luffy will defeat the main boss, Zoro and Sanji will beat the top two underlings after that. The bad thing will be that the 4th or 5th strongest underling in the marines or Blackbeard praises is able to stall Kaido on their own.

Oda doesn’t care much about power levels, but Yamato is getting arguably too strong to be a straw hat.
There is no such thing as “too strong” at this point where we’re getting top tier enemies left and right, I reject that premise straight out of hand. It is asinine to think that her strength matters this much to anyone except the lowest common denominator, and Oda has made extremely clear over the years that he does not write his story for those people. Y’all must think the first thing Luffy’s gonna say next chapter, having just seen Yamato hold Kaido off and giving his alliance the stalling they needed to pull off the W, he’s gonna do his grumpy face and say “Oooh, but now you’re too STWONK to join my cwew!! I only recwuit the sweet wittle babies to pwotect!!” :lusalty:

I would argue the opposite. We keep seeing big bosses with 3 main subordinates lately. The sweet commanders, the All Stars, and they're going to be going up against the three admirals. Shanks has 3 main commanders as well, and Blackbeard likely will too. Gone are the days of villains with a right and left hand man. Luffy needs subordinates to take on top 3s. I thought that was going to be Jinbei, but he ended up matched against a Tobi Roppos like the mid trio. If he was going to be part of Luffy's top 3, he'd have fought Jack for sure. I imagine he is grouped with Franky, Robin, and Brook because it's Yamato who's going to be dealing with top subordinates alongside Zoro and Sanji.

I would argue the opposite. We keep seeing big bosses with 3 main subordinates lately. The sweet commanders, the All Stars, and they're going to be going up against the three admirals. Shanks has 3 main commanders as well, and Blackbeard likely will too. Gone are the days of villains with a right and left hand man. Luffy needs subordinates to take on top 3s. I thought that was going to be Jinbei, but he ended up matched against a Tobi Roppos like the mid trio. If he was going to be part of Luffy's top 3, he'd have fought Jack for sure. I imagine he is grouped with Franky, Robin, and Brook because it's Yamato who's going to be dealing with top subordinates alongside Zoro and Sanji.
My dude, you know it’s going to be Usopp. Usopps been set up like that since the beginning and with Blackbeard’s main four subordinates (other than Burgess) being:
Shiryu, Van Augurs, Avalo, and Lafitte Odas setting up Usopp to be one of those top members.

My dude, you know it’s going to be Usopp. Usopps been set up like that since the beginning and with Blackbeard’s main four subordinates (other than Burgess) being:
Shiryu, Van Augurs, Avalo, and Lafitte Odas setting up Usopp to be one of those top members.
I absolutely do not know it's going to be Ussop. This dumbass "Usopp is YC3 level because he fought an executive in one arc 20 years ago" theory is legitimately the worst One Piece take I've ever heard. Ussop can't even scratch the weakest Tobi Roppo and got no diffed by Ulti in a 2v1. I have abslutely no clue how people think this is true. Yes, he was grouped with Zoro and Sanji ONCE in Arlong Park 23 story arcs ago when there was literally no one else in the crew, but he has never been portrayed that way since. As far as Shanks and Blackbeard, nothing garuntees Luffy will fight Shanks, and Ussop never said he was going to surpass his father. And von auger has never been portrayed as one of Blackbeards top 3, that's just silly. We barely know anything about the crew's dynamics. Even Shilliew being his YC1 is an assumption. The end of Wano is the begining of the final phase of One Piece. How is Ussop suddenly going to be fighting a fucking admiral when he's not even close to vet level yet?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
If Yamato joins the crew, she's automatically below Sanji. Luffy, Zoro and Sanji has always been the top 3 SHs and that's not going to change.

As for Usopp, he's part of the Weakling Trio with Chopper and Nami, and will always be the weakest. Usopp doesn't have to jump 10 tiers to face Yasopp, Van Auger or whatever, as he's all about prep time and snipping. People forgot about Usopp vs Luffy in W7?

I think it’s pretty clear when Yamato said that she was just stalling Kaido & buying Luffy some time until Luffy returns. Stalling =/= defeating. Sanji has also stated that his body feels different after wearing the raid suit, which means that Sanji will definitely get a PU in next few chapters. When Yamato joins Oda can simply make her fight mid-tier enemy commander just like Jinbe fought Who’s Who

Wings is not all about power... That's only for the powerscalers and M3 worshippers... Wings is more than that...

Exactly this...

Whoever joins, they won't fight someone better than who the Wings will fight... Oda doesn't care about powerscales... It's just that those who are on equal footing to the Wings will be sidelined for lesser level fights...

This... There's always the 3rd and 4th strongest in a group... NW recruits like Yamato are added because of that...

That's not an issue... Now that you've mentioned the Marines, how many Admirals are there? And those who are near Admiral level among the VAs? And then there's the so-called "most balanced crew" in RHP that Luffy vowed to surpass...

It's crazy people are making an issue about Yamato's power joining the crew... But not about the fact that Oden joined WBP equaling WB, and then joined RP being in the same league as Rayleigh, Gaban, Seagull and Sunbell...

If Yamato joins the crew, she's automatically below Sanji. Luffy, Zoro and Sanji has always been the top 3 SHs and that's not going to change.

As for Usopp, he's part of the Weakling Trio with Chopper and Nami, and will always be the weakest. Usopp doesn't have to jump 10 tiers to face Yasopp, Van Auger or whatever, as he's all about prep time and snipping. People forgot about Usopp vs Luffy in W7?
Exactly this... For all I know, Sanji may even "steal" Yamato's supposed male opponents like he always does even with Robin...

I think it’s pretty clear when Yamato said that she was just stalling Kaido & buying Luffy some time until Luffy returns. Stalling =/= defeating. Sanji has also stated that his body feels different after wearing the raid suit, which means that Sanji will definitely get a PU in next few chapters. When Yamato joins Oda can simply make her fight mid-tier enemy commander just like Jinbe fought Who’s Who
This... Oda will put Yamato against a lesser opponent if there's nobody else around... Like with Jinbe where he LOLdiffed WsW... But going forward, there would be more challenging opponents with Marine HQ, the hax BBP, and the so-called "most balanced crew" in RHP just around the corner...

H

humanbeing

Yamato is the typical strawhat recruit. she has a sad past , she has her dream , and she has her quirks as well.
and she was a friend of Ace so I see her would like to take a revenge on BB on his behalf just like Luffy, and we know sooner or later the strawhats will fight the BBPs

Status
Not open for further replies.