Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Yamato introduction is sure getting a diferent vibe from just a normal side character. Even her voice actress got a marketing campaing, if she was just one more side character there would be no reason for this, its kind like Toei is saying "look this voice actress will become part of the main dub crew" like the other SH Voice actors that take part in a loot of marketing events.

Dont like to take Toei too seriously, but for sure they have more info on what will happen give to them directely by Oda

This Yamato introduction is sure getting a diferent vibe from just a normal side character. Even her voice actress got a marketing campaing, if she was just one more side character there would be no reason for this, its kind like Toei is saying "look this voice actress will become part of the main dub crew" like the other SH Voice actors that take part in a loot of marketing events.

Dont like to take Toei too seriously, but for sure they have more info on what will happen give to them directely by Oda
i don't like how they handled that voice actress stuff... too soon, too obvious
and yes she is not a normal side character.. even OPTC japan make her so strong

T

Tyronejenkins

I think that yamato will join and have no major concerns with her character but must every female crew member be "attractive" Oda? Wish Yamato was ugly looking

Honestly, I feel better about it now. Beating Perospero was an obvious reason to keep her around, but now we see she's around for a different reason... I just don't believe that Oda brought her along for nothing. I also don't think her beating Perospero would have been satisfying, since Perospero did nothing wrong (before the raid).

I wonder if @dizzy2341 finally drop the manga after this chapter....you good?????
Lol, why would I not be good? This chapter happened just as I expected.

People seem to think "Oh the Carrot fans thought that she would join the crew if she beat Perospero", when in reality the argument was always the other way around. It was the people who argued against Carrot that claimed she'd beat Perospero since that meant they could kick her out of the story for good after it happened.

People thought that Carrot beating Perospero would mark the end of her character arc. They fought that would be her moment to shine and her sendoff from the story. Only that it wasn't... Carrot had nothing to do with Perospero's ultimate defeat. But all the same loose ends with her character still remain.

-She still needs to prove herself a mighty warrior.
-She still needs to realise the true importance of the straw hats.
-She still needs to prove that she's moving forward
-She still needs to have her "moment to shine"

For the people now doubting Carrot's big moment, just because you were wrong about the time and place of it happening doesn't mean that you were wrong about it needing to happen at all. People thought the Perospero fight would provide closure for her character... Yet it didn't... The answer isn't suddenly "Oh, then Carrot won't get closure". It simply means that her closure will come from something else Oda has in mind.

I've always believed that the actual fight was never the important part. It was always the potential for dialogue (which can now come with Neko), and the potential for growth in her character (which seems imminent).

People seem to think "Oh the Carrot fans thought that she would join the crew if she beat Perospero", when in reality the argument was always the other way around. It was the people who argued against Carrot that claimed she'd beat Perospero since that meant they could kick her out of the story for good after it happened.

People thought that Carrot beating Perospero would mark the end of her character arc. They fought that would be her moment to shine and her sendoff from the story. Only that it wasn't... Carrot had nothing to do with Perospero's ultimate defeat. But all the same loose ends with her character still remain.

For the people now doubting Carrot's big moment, just because you were wrong about the time and place of it happening doesn't mean that you were wrong about it needing to happen at all. People thought the Perospero fight would provide closure for her character... Yet it didn't... The answer isn't suddenly "Oh, then Carrot won't get closure". It simply means that her closure will come from something else Oda has in mind.

I've always believed that the actual fight was never the important part. It was always the potential for dialogue (which can now come with Neko), and the potential for growth in her character (which seems imminent).
Nah... Oda is just a bad writer and he's just trying to slowly write Carrot out of the story, he obviously regrets her entire creation and character arc. (/s) :milaugh:

OK well said#carrot4nakama till the end of wano

Status
Not open for further replies.