rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah San reminds him of Sanji :myman:
Technically 3rd commanders are #4 in their crew though lol.

Like it's actually an interesting dynamic:

- Luffy took out Mr. 3, who is technically the #4 member of Boroque Works
- Hatori was defeated by Luffy, Sanji and Usopp, and was the #4 member of Enel's group (Ohm and Shura had lower trial success rates). Funny thing though is that Shura wasn't beaten by Sanji, but by Wyper.
- Blueno had the 4th highest Doriki, defeated by Luffy
- Thriller Bark is weird, but I guess if you consider Ryuma and Absalom to be the #2 and 3 fighters, then Usopp and Chopper technically fighting Perona/Hogback as the #4/5 sort of fits this point. But there's argument that Perona is just broken and thus the strongest member of crew rofl.
- Dressrosa is an odd one. Diamante, Pica and Trebol don't actually have a ranking. And if we are being frank, Diamante goes down 4th to last and Pica goes down 3rd to last, which doesn't even fit Zoro's general placement of fights (but more on that in a minute). Kyros did technically fight the 4th to last villain. Law technically defeated the 2nd to last villain (Trebol) instead of Zoro, but it makes sense because of Laws relevance/involvement in the plot.
- Luffy took out Cracker, 4th in his crew. Snack, alleged 5th in his crew, wasn't even important to the arc lol

So it's interesting here because even with that jumbled mess above (which doesn't necessarily fit any rules about the 4th strongest), Jack and Pero's being the #4/5 threats this arc and them being handled by secondary characters makes, oddly enough, a lot of sense lol. It kept the realism in a way of allowing other allies to win fights, and not just Luffy'a crew, which has been a thing since Skypiea.

BUT, we have to technically shift down the rankings here due to Big Mom. Zoro may be fighting the #2 Beast Pirate, but he's fighting the #3 strongest villain this arc. Same with Queen from 3 to 4. Now you can see the irrelevance start to dwindle more, with Jack/Peros being 5/6 in the rankings there (not counting Apoo/Hawkins atm, but they certainly are more important).

And in this case, as with Law finishing off Trebol 2nd to last, it almost makes sense once again if he and Kid (or just Kid, not sure) take put Big Mom 2nd to last, after Zoro finishes off King. But these 4 remaining fights are technically the most relevant in the arc and they haven't been tackled yet.

I think next chapter will be about Orochi, Hiyori and Denjiro. Maybe Sanji vs Queen during the final pages
Post automatically merged:

Jinbe, Brook and Denjiro vs CP0 would be dope.
Hoping Oda ends Raizo vs Fuku as well (and it segues to whatever Orochi is up to). Im really curious if that actually was Hiyori. I don't get why she would he crying with a silhouette. Her being on Onigashima would be surprising but not a complete mystery lol.

I'm starting to think it's Toki, but her ghost. Ik that sounds crazy, but the fire festival is about respecting and sending off the dead. Considering things like the Klabautermann exist in this series, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. It's been 22 chapters and Oda still hasn't addressed who that person was

Franky, Jinbe and Robin's fights were mostly off screened too, I remember people were complaining that their fights were too fast and we didn't see whole a lot of WsW or Sasaki. But now those fights look like legitimate fights compared too Jack's fight which consists of the beginning and the end, and the entire fight itself was off screened. I can see Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen going in the same direction as WsW vs Jinbe, where we saw them fighting in the background off panel for quite some time and then Jinbe mid diffed him in three attacks. We actually see it already happening with King and Queen...

As you can see Zoro and Sanji are fighting in the background off panel, and that will continue for some time, then we will come back to them when they will receive a new power ups and mid diff them. 95% of the fight will be off screened...
Yeah but by that logic almost every fight, including Luffy vs Kaido, has a large amount of off screened moments. 1-2 DEDICATED chapters of fight content as Franky/Jinbe/Robin got, cannot realistically be called an off screened fight.

Honestly, it was a great chapter, my only disappointment is momo being able to damage kaido

Damaging kaido is something supposed to be done by only the best of the best, the hype for, advanced coc, ryou and enma for instance, literally the only ways to cause serious damage to kaido

Has been thrown out of the window, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Nami or chopper could cause damage kaido lol

Also this straight up means momo can cause more damage to kaido, than Kid, and pre udon luffy, as well as katakuri, cracker, doffy etc....

Imo, it kind of ruined the hype, kaido went from being an indestructible monster to "just" being an endurance freak, still it's impressive but kind of underwhelming

But overall it was a great chapter
Post automatically merged:

Dont root for both PK Wings you must use this panel to powerscale! Look at those bandana signifying his seriousness, 3 sword, those bruises at Zoro's arms, and his heavy breath implied by the puff design in front of Zoro's mouth, and look at his arms and shoulders having motion/vibration lines signifying his body being rattled by the enemy's attack! Compare that to Sanji he's as cool as cucumber, much fewer rattle sign, doesnt even have a mark of injury or torn suit and he even still smokes in the front of the enemy, after facing both King and Queen in previous chapter! This is an opportunity a powerscaler absolutely cant miss! Stop liking and rooting for both of them at once! :suresure:
Sanji is classy, zoro is messy, both are cool for different reasons

I'm gonna be brutally honest - you know me for that:

In terms of actual writing this was a laughably bad chapter. So many things didn't make any kind of sense (I'm not even talking about random power-growths only).

The decision to basically off-panel Jack and Perospero was just confusing af. What was even the purpose of those two idiots?

Build them up for God knows how long and then just off-panel them? What kind of writing decision is that.

Now having said that, if you leave your brain at home before reading the chapter it's actually a nice read.

You all have to simply accept OP for what it is - a very basic shonen manga.

It's much closer to something like Pacific Rim than any Shakespearian drama.

If you treat it like that you won't get mad at all those very questionable writing decisions anymore.

Zoro has yet to do something in wano that can impact the plot. Luffy about to beat Kaido, Sanji saved Momo (2nd biggest impact to the plot), about to beat Queen. Zoro about to beat King. Zoro scarring Kaido have 0 impact, Kaido is still healthy af, either way plot stays the same. All Zoro thinks is i'm gonna cut him, him and him. Whatever Zoro does, doesn't affect the plot. Bland as he can be, always at the side of Luffy or Sanji to be carried for plot. Oda bad writer when it comes to Zoro.

I'm gonna be brutally honest - you know me for that:

In terms of actual writing this was a laughably bad chapter. So many things didn't make any kind of sense (I'm not even talking about random power-growths only).

The decision to basically off-panel Jack and Perospero was just confusing af. What was even the purpose of those two idiots?

Build them up for God knows how long and then just off-panel them? What kind of writing decision is that.

Now having said that, if you leave your brain at home before reading the chapter it's actually a nice read.

You all have to simply accept OP for what it is - a very basic shonen manga.

It's much closer to something like Pacific Rim than any Shakespearian drama.

If you treat it like that you won't get mad at all those very questionable writing decisions anymore.
Who is actually reading OP these days for the quality of Oda's writing?
Don't we just all want to see the characters we stan and find out whether our headcanon about them was true or false, plus engaging in the toxic community, at least that is my motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.