rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh, Blackbeard is just his "bad" rival. Kid is his "good" one. Both have received decent parallels with Luffy at different points in the story when it comes to this.

Law is just his tsundere ally lol

Like I expect Luffy to fight Kid and Blackbeard in the future. I don't expect him to fight Law. Laws goal is just find out about the Will of D. Kid actually has the goal of becoming PK like Luffy and Blackbeard

i still think we're getting an "awakening" chapter where at elast some of the KO'd beast pirates get back up and use awakening. i was talking w a friend about why no one on kaidos crew has used it yet if they know how, and i think it makes sense. you just have to use Chopper and Monster Point as a reference more than the impel down mindless zoans.

First off, Queen has no reaction to monster point. He just keeps making fun of Chopper like usual. So nothing about it is really shocking to him.

Second, Oda threw out as an SBS joke that Black Maria would have a normal hybrid mode if not for a drug "like the rumble ball" that let her use different forms. But Oda makes jokes canon pretty often. And combined with the first point, this just means Queen's the one who developed this drug. So they should all be fine with using it to force awakening, right?

Well maybe not. Chopper went baby geezer mode after his time limit ran out, and there was always a time limit. It's basically an all or nothing form, where you only use it if you think you can win right after or if someone can protect you afterwards, because it drains all your energy and makes you exhausted/disabled for some time afterwards.

Also, before Chopper REALLY figured it out, it was a full berserker mode where it was impossible to tell friend from enemy. Even the Impel Down jailers had to be whipped into line by Sadi-chan, they were also more or less berserkers and attacked the other guards sometimes too iirc. So unless you really know what you're doing, it's uncontrollable.

breaking all this down, i think its possible only Kaido, Queen, and King have the willpower or experience to control awakened form, and they're holding back on it because so far, none of their fights are "serious". Kaido is still having fun, Queen is still making fun of everyone, King is still chilled out and emotionless. Jack is like 20 years younger than them and simply might not have the self control or willpower or experience to control his awakening. But now that Jack is down, and the top 3 are being pushed more and more to their limit, I think it's almost time for "awakening". Jack in berserker mode will be full chaos, King and Queen will be kaiju level threats, and Kaido will be porunga from dbz.

If they don't pull it out soon I'm ready to bow my head and say i was wrong and im disappointed by the arc, but if they do, im happy. it makes sense to wait until things are actually desperate to pull out a trump card like this if they could risk everyone being ACTUALLY down for good the second their awakening times out.

PS: rumble ball forced awakening seems like it has different rules than normal zoan awakening as well. the impel down guys are permanently in those forms, and chopper wasn't able to just turn it off, he's stuck in that mode until it runs out or he falls in water. maybe kaido himself has a "natural" awakening that locks him into that form until he takes a bath or something and everyone else is just using Queen's drugs.

Yup zoro is canonically fast enough to unsheathe 3 swords and jump into an attack faster than law can move two fingers and say room. What a monster
Fast enough to unsheathe 3 swords but not strong enough. Meaning. Biting more than he could chew. What a loser. If he have used that feat on king instead, he wouldn't have ended up being as mummy and pampered by Lanji and relied on miracle steroids.

Kidd will be irrelevant after wano,The final arc will involve strawhat pirates and their alliance vs World Government
Which Kid will be part of. I'm implying he's a rival until Luffy is PK, but will fight with him in the Final War. All Supernova will. Imo:

- He'll beat BM
- Him and Luffy will exchange Poneglyphs. I fully believe Kid stole BMs road poneglyph rubbing. Kid's crew might be the ones who find Wano's Poneglyph. He and Luffy will trade (Luffy gets the Wano's, he gives Kid Zou's), both now have 3 RPs, Luffy's crew gets mad.
- Few arcs down the road, they'll fight over the last RP, which may just be on Lodestar or something, moved by someone (i.e. Shanks?).
- Kid loses, leaving Blackbeard only, who clearly isn't even on the same track to getting Poneglyphs. I have a big feeling he'll just follow them Laugh Tale or use some sneaky method (like stealing the final map when Nami draws it) to get there himself.

Obviously this is a straight up guess, but where i think Oda is directing Kid's character. He's the only actual Supernova who is a rival to Luffy.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Which Kid will be part of. I'm implying he's a rival until Luffy is PK, but will fight with him in the Final War. All Supernova will. Imo:

- He'll beat BM
- Him and Luffy will exchange Poneglyphs. I fully believe Kid stole BMs road poneglyph rubbing. Kid's crew might be the ones who find Wano's Poneglyph. He and Luffy will trade (Luffy gets the Wano's, he gives Kid Zou's), both now have 3 RPs, Luffy's crew gets mad.
- Few arcs down the road, they'll fight over the last RP, which may just be on Lodestar or something, moved by someone (i.e. Shanks?).
- Kid loses, leaving Blackbeard only, who clearly isn't even on the same track to getting Poneglyphs. I have a big feeling he'll just follow them Laugh Tale or use some sneaky method (like stealing the final map when Nami draws it) to get there himself.

Obviously this is a straight up guess, but where i think Oda is directing Kid's character. He's the only actual Supernova who is a rival to Luffy.
? Luffy already has memes rp
Kidd ain't doing shit
At this point shs stomp kidd and his crew without luffy and zoro even worse if yamato joins

? Luffy already has memes rp
Kidd ain't doing shit
At this point shs stomp kidd and his crew without luffy and zoro even worse if yamato joins
Read my post better lol.

I said Kid and Luffy both stole her RP. Kid mentions he stole stole something from WCI and hurt one of her Sweet Commanders. I also said that Kid potentially will find the Wano one or his crew (i.e. Killer) already has by working for Orochi/Kaido. I also said that they may trade RPs (Luffy gets the Wano one; Kid gets the Zou one) so that way both have all 3 RPs.

I am also suggesting only Luffy and Kid fight, that's it. No crew battles, just a several chapter fight between the two.

Big Mom also hates Kid and has been fixated on him since 1013. Like I said, maybe wait until we know what happens in that fight before shitting on Kid, like I told you to wait before shitting on Zoro vs King
Post automatically merged:

Fight against SH? Crew with 2-3 top tiers + several YC level characters.
Oda simply didn't build Kid to be an actual rival
Kid crew after Wano:
No, just the captains fighting. Zoro already beat Killer. The captains have not fought and Kid has been painted as nothing other than a rival this arc.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Read my post better lol.

I said Kid and Luffy both stole her RP. Kid mentions he stole stole something from WCI and hurt one of her Sweet Commanders. I also said that Kid potentially will find the Wano one or his crew (i.e. Killer) already has by working for Orochi/Kaido. I also said that they may trade RPs (Luffy gets the Wano one; Kid gets the Zou one) so that way both have all 3 RPs.

I am also suggesting only Luffy and Kid fight, that's it. No crew battles, just a several chapter fight between the two.

Big Mom also hates Kid and has been fixated on him since 1013. Like I said, maybe wait until we know what happens in that fight before shitting on Kid, like I told you to wait before shitting on Zoro vs King
My problem with zoro vs King post roof had nothing to do with king but because the set up chance had gone and I stand by it
It was rushed and ass. And now looks like the fight itself will be rushed too making it even more ass.

Kidd or killer ain't making it out of wano alive.

Listen, I'd be right there with you if Oda treated King and Queen the same way, but tbh with so many characters and portrayals, I've gotten over wanting every single character outside of the strawhats to get their due diligence when it comes to fights. We at least have King, Queen, Big Mom and Kaido, and those should prove to be vastly more entertaining fights at this point.
We don´t speaking here about a random side character, Jack meaning for this story was more then anything else expect the other calamity/Kaido. If Jack didn´t would be in zou, the bound as we see between the strawhats and Minks would never happen.
And you basically saying it right, this arc is so filled with many characters that Oda don´t know what to do with it.
Why he bring Perospero into this arc? Let say BM not get defeated and get a another arc, why he didn´t let him defeat in Elbaf when we would have a smaller roaster? You saying King and Queen manytimes, but Oda himself let said via Kaido and Queen how much Jack worth for them. It isn´t my word, but Kaido and Queen. Jack should be a major villian to in this arc, he meaning was such important as Kyros vs Diamante. And Diamante had many fight scenes.

Oda literally kill off the tension with his offscreen shit, neither we see the Sulong Mink army vs Jack or the Dukes vs Jack. And what he do, he repeat it when he could end it at the rooftop. Fucking one chapter, we didn´t want more, just one good fight chapter, was that too much when we clearly see Oda stalling pages for chapter 1000, showing fodders and irrelevant characters again and again?

Just reread the whole zou arc and take in mind that Oda offscreen the most important scene for the Dukes, no tension, not fight behind the all tragedy what happen in the past. God we see how Oda could do a great fight like he did with Kyros, the fight has anything, tension,drama, tragedy and revenge, two opponents fighting with their skill and attacks. But for Jack Oda offscreen it, I don´t know why you trying to hard to explain disappointed user here that is not a big deal that Jack get take out in offscreen, I understand if Jack isn´t really worth for you to have a fight scene, King is King and Queen is Queen, Jack is Jack and he should have his own special threatment.

I see so many disappointed users, not hater, really fans who liked Jack and just want a good portrayal for him. I understand and see it with you view, but as Fan I cannot agree to this. What we get from this fight? Nothing, we don´t get anything to Jack. Not a single attack and do you know how much fights Jack had since that?
And now say me, so many matchups, so many ways to at least show a simple fight for him, did we get anything?
Oda offscreen almost anything from Jack battle, at this point it is just sad. To threat a character like this is the worst, a Mangaka should think twice to handle like Oda did with Wano. We already had a huge cast in DR, did Oda learn from that?
No he make it in wano worse, offscreen many important things, Im not saying anything what he do is wrong, Wano has multiple great moments, but sadly it also has very big mistakes and we cannot ignore everything from them.

You are right, we need to move. But as reader we will always remember about this chapter, not because Luffy get his first sky split feat, it was outshined by the worst threatment of Oda to Jack and Perospero. And that is just sad since the chapter for Luffy and Momo was a big thing, one of the greatest moment for Luffy. This chapter shouldn´t have a moment who kinda kill the tension since it has a great moment with Luffy and Momo.

Jack meaning for me as reader was important, he was the first one who had 1B bounty, back then when the biggest bounty was just 550mio, he was the first commander who had a big story around the strawhats. As reader many users had high hopes for Jack, just read the chapter spoiler thread from Arlong park/Narutoforums. And we aren´t the problem, it is Oda who hype him almost for the 224time and throw him away like a toy for the 3535time. One chapter, just one chapter, we didn´t want more, the worst part is that I will always remember that a fodder like Holdem even had his own fight onscreen.

But it's all frankly just not Oda's style. He just doesn't dedicate huge solo chapters exclusive to 1v1s anymore outside of a few exceptions.
It is, he do it in the past manytimes, characters which less important get fights, as I said Tamago as example.
Oda clearly fucked this up in the moment when he take Perospero to wano, when he bring Jack back after the beat up after the rooftop. As example Oda spend to stall so many pages for running scene until we reach chapter 1000, so many pages for fodders. He literally could fill this pages with Jack getting his fight already at the rooftop and been defeated. We reader aren´t the problem, it is Oda who hype Jack twice and his meaning, he bring him back, build up his fight scene and spend pages to hype up his battle with the Duke again after the rooftop.

Oda is the problem here, he should never give pages for a fight which he want anyway end in a offscreen.
He should not take Jack back after the rooftop. But he did and hold up the tension for the battles with Pero and Jack.
Im pretty sure he also had different plans but change it in the last moment.

as "JACK FAN" it is really hard for us, since we had so many matchups and all of them always end in a offscreen battle....
This is really the worst...
This chapter should be a feast because of this Luffy moment, but sadly it get slighty overshined from the horrible writing who happens to Jack and Perospero...

My problem with zoro vs King post roof had nothing to do with king but because the set up chance had gone and I stand by it
It was rushed and ass. And now looks like the fight itself will be rushed too making it even more ass.

Kidd or killer ain't making it out of wano alive.
I don't get why or how you can make ridiculous claims like this lol. They aren't dying and both have been set up to win against their opponents

You and I both know how this is gonna go lol

- He'll beat BM

Kidd will probably be taken down by Black beard I doubt he would play second fiddle in the final War Arc,The Final war will be only about the strawhats imo,Otherwise the plot would be way too Convenient again,For the marines There are 4 main Fighters,Fleet admiral and the three admirals.
The thing with Gorosei might be resolved differently
Now with the warlords gone you throw Kidd,Law,Killer and The plot becomes slightly easier again.

Oda would only Invite Trouble if he wants to involve Kidd,So much shit portrayal already in respect to some fights getting Offscreened.

It will be Luffy and the strawhat Pirates + their Alliance with Barto and Company Vs The Entire world Government.

The only doubt i have is that interview in which he says the final war will be something which has never been seen before so he might include the remaining supernovas as an Alliance. however it would be too troublesome regarding their fights which will be offscreened mostly.

Please help me understand something, the explanation I got on Reddit wasn't very satisfactory. I almost never criticize One Piece, but this arc despite how much I appreciate it, had some bad things, but let's focus on chapter 1026.
We see Toki trying to fight Kaido, but she gets swiflty beaten and Kaido takes Momonosuke to kill, but ultimately decided to spare him at the last second.
Now, she knew she couldn't win, she knew she could escape by going forward in time, why would she endanger her children like that?
On Reddit some said that she didn't want to live without Oden, that makes sense, but if you have kids you're supposed to ensure their safety...

Even with Wano stupidity I'm sure Luffy vs Kaido should get a lot of focus later on, there's no way that Luffy's first Yonko fight gets off screened. In case of Luffy vs Kaido it's not important cuz there will be a lot focus on that fight later, I don't see the same thing happening for Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen. Mainly because Zoro already has so many feats against Kaido and Big Mom that no matter what Zoro does against King it will be nothing compared to Zoro's achievements in the rooftop fight. If Zoro vs Kaido and Big Mom never happened, then I think Oda would be forced to give a lot focus on Zoro vs King, cuz in that case Zoro vs King would be Zoro's main fight in Wano, but now Zoro's main fight is already over. In case of Sanji vs Queen, well... Oda doesn't really care about it, raid suit Sanji + his new power up and it's over.
Zoro failed to block an attack and broke 30 bones and did a wound on a distracted Kaido (that was underestimating Zoro) that Oda doesn't even bother to draw anymore. Neither of those are a solid victory against a YC1, impressive, but shallow if looked at from a clinical perspective.
Oda has already fed breadcrumbs of their new powerups, they will get fleshed out in proper chapters I'm sure, though because this is a war scenario and the two battles are interlinked heavily it will probably end 2vs2 in the same chapter (otherwise King couldn't stand Zoro+Sanji if Sanji finished first, and Oda wouldn't have Zoro finish first because he is Luffy's strongest subordinate).

Status
Not open for further replies.