Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
haahha thx for the calm and collected reply my perspective is now slightly widened even tho my stance hasnt change i still want both to join. But im glad this fandom can react calmly. Since the moment zorotards and sanji stans clash it turns toxic even the carrot hate can be thrown into the same level of toxicity. I wish i nvr got onto this page hahahaha but spoilers so i here trying to calm the toxicity which obv doesnt work
Post automatically merged:

Okay last point valid a miss on my part.
But ur arguement about ussop being a better lookout isnt valid hear me out ussop wasnt in wci carrot was carrot was a decent lookout definitely better than anyone present. So comparing her to ussop wasnt valid its kinda like buying an apple from lets say Australia and buying one from japan and complaining why do they taste differen. U see my point?
second point semi valid yea she’ll need a lot of time to catch up to the mid and top strawhats but maintaining her current position which to me is in between weak and mid strawhats aint that bad. And strawhats only climb so maybe final war weakling trio power could be early wano mid trio power level and if u slot carrot in between she could definitely hold her own. Not against admirals but some vice admirals definitely possible
When you have characters who our skilled with Observation haki such as Luffy, Zoro, Ussop, Sanji, Jimbei and Yamato I don't think look out is necessary. You want to talk about how Carrot is shown in various panels of her seeing things from a far distances. However, you don’t acknowledge the accomplishments that Ussop did himself for being a sniper while saving members of his crew for example including Robin, the strawhats, and even Luffy. On top of that Robin's devil fruit can also sprout random body parts including her "eye" to see things from a far distance. Yamato also has a better version of suslong with her devil fruit and she is even stronger fighter who is skilled with 3 versions of haki already. According sbs 71 sanji is very skilled with observation Haki. Luffy can already use future sight to some degree and sense things around him.

Yes, it’s true carrot can get stronger and possibly get better in the future but, the point still stands were not seeing any of the strawhats helping or fighting for her own behalf. In other words where is the motivational drive directly from a strawhat for her to get stronger for the strawhats sake not just for herself. We’re not seeing Luffy really fixated on wanting her to join the crew. If Carrot is supposed, to be the "last", Oda is really doing a poor job illustrating her significance and importance within this arc which will change, the game for the straw hats moving forward. Right now, all the straw hats could end up becoming stronger after successfully defeating the flying six, the Commanders and Kaido. Granted, there are certain characters in the raid such as Ussop, Nami, and Chopper they still need room to grow . While Carrot on another hand is stuck eating grass is depending on someone else who is not a straw hat to come save her. It doesn’t really seem like she is contributing to help Luffy or the straw hats in the current situation. If she did, she would be doing her part by helping the straw hats fight against members of the flying six or possible stall Kaido. Let’s face the reality, they were two personal enemies directly towards her that could elevates her chance of joining the straw hats. Characters for example Jack and perospero come to mind. Jack is responsible for destroying her homeland and torturing her people. While perospero shut down her happy go lucky adventure. Obviously, carrot wouldn't beat these guys by herself. If one of the straw hats had to step up in order to back up her just like they did with Brook than maybe she might have had a chance. If we had seen her fight and oda had give us little bit more detail surrounding her backstory with Pedro it would raised the possibility of her joining and motivation for her to get stronger for the strawhats

Carrot stills suffers from a one-page backstory that is not elaborate to us it only shows us how she was able to obtain her gauntlets. A flashback that is very similar to countless side Characters, even in the zou flashback it wasn't centered around her as a character. In whole cake island arc she still felt like she was just there to supporting the other characters along. The only thing she showed us what minks are capable of. I don't think we hate Carrot at all. I think some of us had high expectations that carrot would be a significant character throughout wano. So far from what we have seen the way oda portrayed her has been little let down and disappointment. She lost that opportunity to be a deep character, be a big help throughout wano and the raid. Instead, she would be with the rest of the minks and having her fight completely offscreen having her other mentors deals with the problem instead of the strawhats. Even when Cat Viper was down when the moon was covered, she didn't bother to help him. I am not for momo joining the crew. At least he was able to bite Kaido and conquer his fear surrounding heights and his ptsd. Otama at least change the tied of the war by using her devil fruit. Yamato at least is showing she is holding Kaido off little longer until Luffy arrives. It is also possible Yamato might fight alongside Luffy against Kaido. Yes, we did see carrot and wanda save Marco. Sadly we didn't see Carrot and Wando fight against perospero throughout this manga.

When you have characters who our skilled with Observation haki such as Luffy, Zoro, Ussop, Sanji, Jimbei and Yamato I don't think look out is necessary. You want to talk about how Carrot is shown in various panels of her seeing things from a far distances. However, you don’t acknowledge the accomplishments that Ussop did himself for being a sniper while saving members of his crew for example including Robin, the strawhats, and even Luffy. On top of that Robin's devil fruit can also sprout random body parts including her "eye" to see things from a far distance. Yamato also has a better version of suslong with her devil fruit and she is even stronger fighter who is skilled with 3 versions of haki already. According sbs 71 sanji is very skilled with observation Haki. Luffy can already use future sight to some degree and sense things around him.

Yes, it’s true carrot can get stronger and possibly get better in the future but, the point still stands were not seeing any of the strawhats helping or fighting for her own behalf. In other words where is the motivational drive directly from a strawhat for her to get stronger for the strawhats sake not just for herself. We’re not seeing Luffy really fixated on wanting her to join the crew. If Carrot is supposed, to be the "last", Oda is really doing a poor job illustrating her significance and importance within this arc which will change, the game for the straw hats moving forward. Right now, all the straw hats could end up becoming stronger after successfully defeating the flying six, the Commanders and Kaido. Granted, there are certain characters in the raid such as Ussop, Nami, and Chopper they still need room to grow . While Carrot on another hand is stuck eating grass is depending on someone else who is not a straw hat to come save her. It doesn’t really seem like she is contributing to help Luffy or the straw hats in the current situation. If she did, she would be doing her part by helping the straw hats fight against members of the flying six or possible stall Kaido. Let’s face the reality, they were two personal enemies directly towards her that could elevates her chance of joining the straw hats. Characters for example Jack and perospero come to mind. Jack is responsible for destroying her homeland and torturing her people. While perospero shut down her happy go lucky adventure. Obviously, carrot wouldn't beat these guys by herself. If one of the straw hats had to step up in order to back up her just like they did with Brook than maybe she might have had a chance. If we had seen her fight and oda had give us little bit more detail surrounding her backstory with Pedro it would raised the possibility of her joining and motivation for her to get stronger for the strawhats

Carrot stills suffers from a one-page backstory that is not elaborate to us it only shows us how she was able to obtain her gauntlets. A flashback that is very similar to countless side Characters, even in the zou flashback it wasn't centered around her as a character. In whole cake island arc she still felt like she was just there to supporting the other characters along. The only thing she showed us what minks are capable of. I don't think we hate Carrot at all. I think some of us had high expectations that carrot would be a significant character throughout wano. So far from what we have seen the way oda portrayed her has been little let down and disappointment. She lost that opportunity to be a deep character, be a big help throughout wano and the raid. Instead, she would be with the rest of the minks and having her fight completely offscreen having her other mentors deals with the problem instead of the strawhats. Even when Cat Viper was down when the moon was covered, she didn't bother to help him. I am not for momo joining the crew. At least he was able to bite Kaido and conquer his fear surrounding heights and his ptsd. Otama at least change the tied of the war by using her devil fruit. Yamato at least is showing she is holding Kaido off little longer until Luffy arrives. It is also possible Yamato might fight alongside Luffy against Kaido. Yes, we did see carrot and wanda save Marco. Sadly we didn't see Carrot and Wando fight against perospero throughout this manga.

okay after all that ill say fair enough ahhahah. carrot does lack a lot but to me that also means she can gain a lot. i know we dont have long left in the story but we all know if oda wants to develop a character its light work for him im not saying he will or he wont but im saying its not that hard. but all valid points man hahaha thx for entertaining my confusion towards the carrot hate.
but still #YAMATOnCARROT4NAKAMA

Call me curious but we still have time in wano, although i like carrot i doubt we will be getting a back story but do u think there is still some chance carrot can change ur mind? the raid is still going on oda made orochi set the fire to force everyone to the live floor. so lets say carrot gets shine will u be mad or will u be open minded and let urself hope again hhahaha

Last edited:
Me: O-Tama has higher chances to join right now,people should stop talking always about Carrot

People: Uhh but Carrot this,Carrot that!

🤣🤣

I get it! Carrot has a larger fanbase than Tama! But still,Tama for her role in this arc is more "nakama material" than Carrot. Yamato is of course the candidate number 1. Altough she interacted basically only with Luffy so far.

Me: O-Tama has higher chances to join right now,people should stop talking always about Carrot

🤣🤣

I get it! Carrot has an larger fanbase than Tama! But still,Tama for her role in this arc is more "nakama material" than Carrot. Yamato is of course the candidate number 1. Altough she interacted basically only with Luffy so far.

i used to like the idea of apprentices. i dont know why i stopped but i think if tama was revealed to be an orphaned koruzumi like kanjuro and orochi but unlike them she is kind and good then yea deff nakama material

okay after all that ill say fair enough ahhahah. carrot does lack a lot but to me that also means she can gain a lot. i know we dont have long left in the story but we all know if oda wants to develop a character its light work for him im not saying he will or he wont but im saying its not that hard. but all valid points man hahaha thx for entertaining my confusion towards the carrot hate.
but still #YAMATOnCARROT4NAKAMA

Call me curious but we still have time in wano, although i like carrot i doubt we will be getting a back story but do u think there is still some chance carrot can change ur mind? the raid is still going on oda made orochi set the fire to force everyone to the live floor. so lets say carrot gets shine will u be mad or will u be open minded and let urself hope again hhahaha
Sadly no. None of the enemies have personal ties towards her and her past life. Carrot's current circumstance could be very similar to Paulie and Rebecca right now. It would be already too late for strawhats to fight for her trauma. Her situation has already been resolved by someone else that is not a strawhat. So, what else left is there? Even though you have Orochi who is burning the castle right now you have characters such as Zoro, Nami, Sanji, Brook, Jimbei, maybe or maybe not with Yamato to extinguish the fire. The reason why I said, Maybe or Maybe not with Yamato because she still on the roof top possibly assisting luffy in his fight against her father

I also forgot to mention kanjuro was the person responsible for hurting her homeland. He was already defeated by Kinemon so the traitor has already been dealt with. So, there is not much more left for her to do that she can contribute to wano. The other characters have already filled up everything. She would just be supportive/background Character once again.

So Peros is out, and while I would have liked Carrot to have played a bigger part in his defeat, it's as I've said before: revenge is not meant to be her main purpose here. So while Peros needed to be taken down, it didn't have to be Carrot herself doing it. Would have been nice, but not required.

What's important now is what comes next. Carrot's job was always to understand Pedro's last words: to move forward, to know why the Straw Hats are so important, to seize her moment. She thought back on that more than once this battle. And Peros being defeated hasn't cleared up any of that yet. As great as Yamato is, I jive more with Carrot's struggle and her need to see that destiny through.

Luffy put it perfectly this chapter: as long as one is still alive, anything can still happen. I feel that fits perfectly with Carrot: as long as she's still here, as long as those questions haven't been answered, she still has time to make her mark properly. But make no mistake, I see the ride is coming to a stop one way or the other. If she doesn't sail off with them, that's all there is to it. Until then, I'm still believing in what I saw all those years ago.

So Peros is out, and while I would have liked Carrot to have played a bigger part in his defeat, it's as I've said before: revenge is not meant to be her main purpose here. So while Peros needed to be taken down, it didn't have to be Carrot herself doing it. Would have been nice, but not required.

What's important now is what comes next. Carrot's job was always to understand Pedro's last words: to move forward, to know why the Straw Hats are so important, to seize her moment. She thought back on that more than once this battle. And Peros being defeated hasn't cleared up any of that yet. As great as Yamato is, I jive more with Carrot's struggle and her need to see that destiny through.

Luffy put it perfectly this chapter: as long as one is still alive, anything can still happen. I feel that fits perfectly with Carrot: as long as she's still here, as long as those questions haven't been answered, she still has time to make her mark properly. But make no mistake, I see the ride is coming to a stop one way or the other. If she doesn't sail off with them, that's all there is to it. Until then, I'm still believing in what I saw all those years ago.
It is not about Carrot winning or losing is about being able to participate in the current arc at hand that is not off screen. it Is also about someone else among the strawhats coming to help or aid her in the situation to motivate her chances even more to help the straw hats further on their journey. How do the straw hats personally help her from her past trauma if is not indirectly about her as a character? It doesn't help her to move forward. It just puts her back into a supportive of role and pushing her into the background.

Yamato situation when is all settled, and it is done. When Luffy does defeat Kaido she is finally free from her personal trauma and upbringing what her father put her through. She has the motivation and purpose to get stronger, get better and as well have sense a self-discovering. Indirectly because what Luffy did for her. When she leaves wano she might find a new lease on life and get much stronger than she is now. I am not saying she won't forget the samurai and Oden's journal may of taught her. What I am saying is she will come to understand a lot more about the world and be herself as a character. She does owe Luffy more debt of gratitude for freeing from the current situation. She has been waiting for Luffy for quite a while. I say let her join the straw hats. Her staying in Wano contradicts everything she was saying about going on adventure and seeing the world.

Carrot was not trapped on an island throughout her entire life she could of left zou at any time. She had a good life going on for her as character. However, you could say metaphorically she was trap not knowing about the world outside of zou. The only thing she would receive is strong lecture against her leaving her homeland rather than personal conflict. Yamato didn't have the opportunity to live her life the way she wants to live for 20 years. Carrot was well respected and was well love as an individual. Yamato didn't have any friends. Most of her friends she made wind up being dead or killed. Kaido physically and mentally abused her. He had high expectation for her to do something for himself. While Yamato had other ideas for herself. She wanted to be love and be cared for by others to accept her for who she is. She does not want to be feared by people she wants to be accepted by others and well respected as an equal.

What trauma does carrot have currently or in her past life? Oh Right, her homeland being attack by Kaido's underling and her mentor figure who sacrifice himself. When we go back to the zou Flashback she was not center piece. In fact she was shown in the background with in that backstory. What was the resolution of those event? Well, we as fans hardly know anything about her history between Perdro and Carrot relationship. Kinemon defeats kanjuro, her fight ends up being completely off-screen Cat viper defeats perospero and Dogstorm defeats Jack. Those enemies are indirectly link to Carrot's personal trauma which nonstraw hats were able to resolve for her as a character. So, where is the motivation for her to get stronger indirectly for the straw hats sake? At this point I think she might be under mink division commander under grand fleet rather being a main member of the crew. When a straw hat usually joins the crew they are center piece of that arc. If they lose a fight oda does showcase the full battle of them losing and the straw hats or Luffy does back them up in their current circumstance to defend their honor. Someone else who is non strawhat defeats the enemy that cause her so much pain the past does defeat the purpose of her joining the straw hats in the first place. In her situation is very similar that of Rebecca and Paulie in that regard. Rebecca's father took care of the enemy that personally effected her and Paulie despite him having small interaction with straw hats he was not on the main lines fighting against cp9.

Last edited:
This is to discuss the possibility of a 11th member, namely the title above. Basically, the pros and cons of her joining as well as the likelihood.

Now, back near the beginning, Luffy says he wants ten members. I think Luffy was including himself (making the group stop at Jimbe). However, look at Carrot's join process. It's basically an inversion of the normal pattern. Luffy asks someone to join, he refuses, Luffy refuses his refusal. Now look at Carrot. I think part of why people reject Carrot is they don't understand the Zou arc (in fact this arc took me months to watch because everything happends offscreen and is told by flashback). There's a scene there in the anime where Carrot actually lays out her dream to travel the world. It's an extremely simple dream (like, Luffy level thinking), But the dream is there. Luffy (and the audience) wasn't paying attention. But this also fulfills a hifden condition. Sorry Vivi fans, the core requirement of being a Straw Hat member is loyalty. You can't have a country to run, you can't be part of another crew, and you can't be a villain with your own ambitions (sorry Wapol fans, I know you were disappointed). She WANTS to join the Straw Hats for an extremely open-ended period. Luffy missed this, cuz he wasn't paying attention. The audience missed this, because it was subtle. I didn't miss it. She climbs or jumps down the entire trunk of Zunesha, and hides herself in the cabin, stowing away until the trip has already begun.

Just as a side note, there will NOT be a 12th member. Following the pattern, each new character goes guy, girl,guy; fighter, support, tactician. The tactician in this case is usually an expert that has something to do with new ship. The only way there will be a 12th member is One Piece is actually a hidden battleship island or something, and the last member is someone like Silvers Rayleigh, who has already been there.

But let's ignore that for for now. The One Piece Fandom wiki, has a number of recruitment patterns, but there are alot of hidden ones. Luffy typically recruits based on battle usefulness and potential. Now Carrot might not have a ton of potential, but her battle usefulness with her support ability as an electrician (so to speak) is very very good. In fact, between episodes we often have filler in the anime. Some is more filler than others. So, let's look at this filler. Luffy burns ALL OF THE FOOD because he can't cook. Now, I usually skip filler, but this one blended with the story so seamlessly that I watched anyway. Because of the group heading to that tiny island (Marine base), we get to showcase Carrot's talents as a furry... I mean, Mink. She is able to sneak in and grab food, has no issues with helping the group steal food (either moral or in terms of strength), and can actually take down fighters with her electric attack. Thanks to her being in the group, despite a terrible cook ruining al the food, the situation can be salvaged. Later, when sea centipedes attack the ship, we see her skills as lookout, pointing out a shape in the water. Carrot is also one of the members of Zou island that seems to not have a day/night cycle, as she is awake most of Zou arc. Constantly awake is good lookout material.

Okay, what about her personality? No worse than Brook (I don't understand why people find her annoying, when there is literally someone doing skull jokes and yohohoho). The skinship thing is a bit much, but not as objectionable as the same boring skull jokes.

Anyway, I've made my case. Better crew members? Reasons why I'm wrong? Thoughts?

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
Now, back near the beginning, Luffy says he wants ten members. I think Luffy was including himself
Luffy did not count himself in the 10 members sentence.

In fact, between episodes we often have filler in the anime. Some is more filler than others. So, let's look at this filler. Luffy burns ALL OF THE FOOD because he can't cook. Now, I usually skip filler, but this one blended with the story so seamlessly that I watched anyway.
If you're taking the anime as an argument, it's not. Toei ever has been pro-Carrot. Fillers are not canon. If you want arguments, grab them in the manga.

This is to discuss the possibility of a 11th member, namely the title above. Basically, the pros and cons of her joining as well as the likelihood.

Now, back near the beginning, Luffy says he wants ten members. I think Luffy was including himself (making the group stop at Jimbe). However, look at Carrot's join process. It's basically an inversion of the normal pattern. Luffy asks someone to join, he refuses, Luffy refuses his refusal. Now look at Carrot. I think part of why people reject Carrot is they don't understand the Zou arc (in fact this arc took me months to watch because everything happends offscreen and is told by flashback). There's a scene there in the anime where Carrot actually lays out her dream to travel the world. It's an extremely simple dream (like, Luffy level thinking), But the dream is there. Luffy (and the audience) wasn't paying attention. But this also fulfills a hifden condition. Sorry Vivi fans, the core requirement of being a Straw Hat member is loyalty. You can't have a country to run, you can't be part of another crew, and you can't be a villain with your own ambitions (sorry Wapol fans, I know you were disappointed). She WANTS to join the Straw Hats for an extremely open-ended period. Luffy missed this, cuz he wasn't paying attention. The audience missed this, because it was subtle. I didn't miss it. She climbs or jumps down the entire trunk of Zunesha, and hides herself in the cabin, stowing away until the trip has already begun.

Just as a side note, there will NOT be a 12th member. Following the pattern, each new character goes guy, girl,guy; fighter, support, tactician. The tactician in this case is usually an expert that has something to do with new ship. The only way there will be a 12th member is One Piece is actually a hidden battleship island or something, and the last member is someone like Silvers Rayleigh, who has already been there.

But let's ignore that for for now. The One Piece Fandom wiki, has a number of recruitment patterns, but there are alot of hidden ones. Luffy typically recruits based on battle usefulness and potential. Now Carrot might not have a ton of potential, but her battle usefulness with her support ability as an electrician (so to speak) is very very good. In fact, between episodes we often have filler in the anime. Some is more filler than others. So, let's look at this filler. Luffy burns ALL OF THE FOOD because he can't cook. Now, I usually skip filler, but this one blended with the story so seamlessly that I watched anyway. Because of the group heading to that tiny island (Marine base), we get to showcase Carrot's talents as a furry... I mean, Mink. She is able to sneak in and grab food, has no issues with helping the group steal food (either moral or in terms of strength), and can actually take down fighters with her electric attack. Thanks to her being in the group, despite a terrible cook ruining al the food, the situation can be salvaged. Later, when sea centipedes attack the ship, we see her skills as lookout, pointing out a shape in the water. Carrot is also one of the members of Zou island that seems to not have a day/night cycle, as she is awake most of Zou arc. Constantly awake is good lookout material.

Okay, what about her personality? No worse than Brook (I don't understand why people find her annoying, when there is literally someone doing skull jokes and yohohoho). The skinship thing is a bit much, but not as objectionable as the same boring skull jokes.

Anyway, I've made my case. Better crew members? Reasons why I'm wrong? Thoughts?
Sadly that interaction between Luffy and Carrot isn't canon in zou. The only time carrot talk about going adventure seeing the world when she is Begging pedro let her on aboard the ship.

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
Sadly that interaction between Luffy and Carrot isn't canon in zou. The only time carrot talk about going adventure seeing the world when she is Begging pedro let her on aboard the ship.
Zou Arc and Rookies filler Arc in the anime were the biggest C4N propaganda. For anime only at this moment, it was sure that Carrot will join the crew.

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
Anyone reading this supbar manga knows it's gonna be yamato.
The funny thing of this thread is that at the start it was created for users to say "who will join the crew", not "who will be the one to join the crew".
:goyea:
I was a hardcore #Carrot4Nakama activist before. Now I can say that I want Carrot to join the crew, but I'm not sure she'll.

🤣🤣

I get it! Carrot has a larger fanbase than Tama! But still,Tama for her role in this arc is more "nakama material" than Carrot. Yamato is of course the candidate number 1. Altough she interacted basically only with Luffy so far.
Just because Carrot has dropped doesn't necessarily mean Tama has gone up, she's in the same place she has always been

And honestly doesn't have much of a leg to stand on, just a promise Ace made to her
No real motivation to leave Wano, she wanted to leave with Ace
And even if Luffy were to fulfill the promise she still needs to become an accomplished ninja, and I already know ppl are going to say

"Well nami can teach her"

No Nami is a theif not a ninja, the only real overlap is that they sneak around, and even still Nami herself was said to be a NOVICE
Leaving the only competent teachers for Tama (Hitetsu, Shinobu, Raizou and Shinobu's brother) in Wano

Last edited:
Just because Carrot has dropped doesn't necessarily mean Tama has gone up, she's in the same place she has always been

And honestly doesn't have much of a leg to stand on, just a promise Ace made to her
No real motivation to leave Wano, she wanted to leave with Ace
And even if Luffy were to fulfill the promise she still needs to become an accomplished ninja, and I already know ppl are going to say

"Well nami can teach her"

No Nami is a theif not a ninja, the only real overlap is that they sneak around, and even still Nami herself was said to be a NOVICE
Leaving the only competent teachers for Tama (Hitetsu, Shinobu, Raizou and Shinobu's brother) in Wano
Tama developed bonds with many SHs,basically had a fight,and has a motivation. All she misses is a flashback,then she checks all the boxes. And the premise for her to have a FB are there,considering we dont know where she comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.