Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrot in the battle against BB crew, " oh no i have to run i will lose very badly right here, this guys are so much powerfull than me".

Yamato in the battle against BB Crew," oh you one of Ten titanic Captains from this fat guy crew? Well come i will sending your all ass over New World, you will want to go to Paradise".
more like "can we wait till the full moon is out"

:goyea:

Not that I think Carrot has a chance, I have been very obviously against that for many years now, but “couldn’t beat Perospero so how could they beat a Titanic Captain” is not a good argument at all. Nami and Usopp needed Big Mom to beat Ulti and Page One. They’ll still beat a Titan. Characters will be as strong as Oda wants them to be, and the Blackbeard fights are still years and potential power ups away.

Not that I think Carrot has a chance, I have been very obviously against that for many years now, but “couldn’t beat Perospero so how could they beat a Titanic Captain” is not a good argument at all. Nami and Usopp needed Big Mom to beat Ulti and Page One. They’ll still beat a Titan. Characters will be as strong as Oda wants them to be, and the Blackbeard fights are still years and potential power ups away.
The thing is, those 2 have been consistently armored with the plot heavily and we don't need another character with that kind of armor...

All the SHs are heavily armored though. Luffy himself more than anyone else.
Expected for Luffy... Other SHs (and even other villains) have plot armors as well, but Nami and Usopp has higher ones unlike them...

My guy just fell in the ocean and got saved by a still-unexplained unconscious yelling into the submarine that just happened to be right where he fell. That's next level plot armor.
As if BM never got one... Even BBP in ID...

It's not like Sulong Carrot alone would be able to beat Peros...
She still managed to put up a better fight than Brook or Chopper

Carrot isn’t super strong obviously but she’s no weaker than Brook or the weak trio… she’s only really lost to like katakuri and peros.. both of which would beat every SH under Jinbei / sanji

I also think it’s funny that people act like carrot fits in with the scared trio for some reason? Like when has she ever run away from a fight because she was scared (Big mom doesn’t count obviously). If anything she’s overconfident in her fighting abilities because she keeps going after characters that are significantly above her

Based on Oda's balancing of the crew, Carrot is literally the right power level you'd expect for the next member.

He always has the members join in batches. We'll go multiple arcs with no new SHs and then two will join back to back. But in each set of members Oda's sure to balance the strength of those joining so that the overall group always feels comparatively the same in strength. He always follows a stronger member with a weaker one.

East Blue:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji

Nami
Usopp

He had the two strongest members join the crew in the same saga as the two weakest members. All future straw hats just slot in the middle of this core dynamic. Zoro + Sanji always the strongest. Nami + Usopp always the weakest.
Alabasta:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Robin

Chopper
Nami
Usopp

Chopper and Robin snuggly slotting in within the established power dynamic. They don't change anything about the overall crew strength.
W7 + TB:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji

Franky
Robin
Brook

Chopper
Nami
Usopp

With more members, a new mid trio group is formed centred around Robin with Franky and Brook slotting in on either side of her in strength.
WCI + Wano:

Jinbe joins with another member imminent. Jinbe's clearly stronger than the mid trio, but is presented as on a level below the M3.

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Jinbe

Franky
Robin
Brook

???
Chopper
Nami
Usopp

Based on how Oda's always had straw hats join in pairs with balanced power levels, it makes sense to balance Jinbe, a stronger member, with a weaker recruit. He's someone that borders on M3 level and so his counterpart would logically be someone that borders on weak trio level. That's literally Carrot's power level. She's weaker than the mid trio, but with Sulong she surpasses the weak trio.

The situation here is different.

Yamato is more popular since her debut up to this point than Robin was since her debut to her joining the crew moment.
While I do agree with @KINGKONGGUN15, I disagree with the approach in the conversation

Oda doesnt write the series on a week to week basis, he plans things out to an extent
And if there is a plan to have Yamato join the crew, thats not going to change because she is popular

Popularity doesnt make a character important

Status
Not open for further replies.