Is Sanji's Power Up Legitimate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is treating this as a war and intermingling the moments, Zoro will have a similar upper hand moment, not to mention Luffy, and then he needs to finish Raizo/ Killer and Drake's fights with small amounts of panels before finishing the monster trio's fights.
Yeah I'm not 100% convinced he's taking them out just yet tbh. I have a feeling these will feel more like Katakuri type fights and will drag out a bit longer. Mainly because Numbers, Apoo, Hawkins, Fuku, and now CP-0 are still viable threats. Not to say Queen/King can't lose before this, I just think it's more unlikely they don't.

@Shiroyru , you may get your wish finally for Brook and maybe Jinbe/Nami/Usopp. All 4 are in the castle and relatively close to each other. If CP-0 goes after them, that may allow some cards on the table for more fights if Oda decides to deliver.

That also would leave Chopper potentially for the Numbers almost exclusively, unless Franky helps him

I'm talking about a version of Boundman using Future Sight. Not without FS. Katakuri ain't dodging that just like how he could barely dodge half of Luffy's hits once Luffy started using FS.

There's a subtle difference.

Luffy had to go beyond his limits gain a new powerup and form, and use the Strongest Attack in that form to defeat Katakuri. Don't think that's gonna happen with Zoro here.
Katakuri could still dodge shit like black mamba after FS and adapted to jet culverin.
Snakeman wasn't a new form anymore than tankman was a new form, it was a form he developed in the TS but didn't reveal because it wasn't optimal for the fights he had. Zoro will have a new/improved final attack in the fight, he's already had several powerups this arc, including Enma training and fire cutting which make him a good counter to King, I'm guessing he will have a Ryuma/ One eyed samurai lineage moment/power up in this fight as it was mentioned in the same chapter as Sanji's body morphing in 1023.

1. If Kaidou is defeated, they will make Wanokuni join the World Government.
This was always inevitable to anyone that had been paying attention to the Marines and CP0 throughout the arc, but of course some still denied the obvious.

"Wano will be fine after Kaido"
"After the arc, Momo will rule Wano happily ever after like every other arc"
"Yamao has absolutely no reason to care about Wano after Kaido"

Kaido was only ever the visible, most immediate threat. Not the greatest threat. That had always been the WG. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Whilst the current CP0 members will likely be repelled by the end of the arc, the fact that the WG is actively gunning for Wano will become known and therefore countermeasures are essential.

There's nothing that could possibly stand up against the force of the WG...except an allied army of ancient kingdoms. Post Wano will see the beginning of the EoS rebel army forming up. Momo will set out to sea with his guard dog Yamao to go spread the word. His mission in bringing the dawn is forming the army that will ultimately lead to the defeat of the WG.

it didn't just look easy it was easy for jimbei
who's who was not a proper enemy for him oda just decided to sideline jimbei this time so sanji can shine

jimbei would beat the shit out of queen too
The point is… Queen and King are finally opponents that can give a hard fight for Zoro and Sanji but in a level where they can be beaten still… so Oda should not just rush it and make it easy..

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I agree.
But there's a thing. Time.
If Shanks gets his dedicated arc, then it's Zoro vs Beckmann. But then what? There's this "big war" being prepared by Oda, but I think it's REALLY weird a Zoro vs Mihawk duel happening in the middle of any kind of conflict. With Mihawk being back to flying solo, I find it fitting for him to appear in the same arc as Shanks, due to their friendship and all. the SSG apparently developed a power strong enough to replace the Shichibukais, which includes Mihawk. If they fail, then it kinda adds up to nothing, you know?
If the SSG is supposed to ACTUALLY be a threat, than Mihawk being solo should not be a possibility for him. Despite liking Posthawk, it only fits narratively that he isn't able to stay solo.
By going this route, and Mihawk coming into play during Shanks' arc, than it's a whole new dynamic for the arc.

But honestly, I don't think Oda would do this. :P
Yeah I don't think we're gonna get the Strawhats vs the RHP in the first place nor do I buy the posthawk nonsense that Ndule started, when Oda can easily retcon his powerlevel.

I just think that narratively speaking, if Luffy is going to be called a Great Pirate (yes I think his bounty is going over 5 B but that's another discussion) then it only makes sense that his crew is outrightly stronger than the RHP because that was the content of the promise. As in Zoro is the strongest YC1 alive, Sanji is the strongest YC2 alive so on and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.