Is Sanji's Power Up Legitimate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I'm going to use an argument that I don't like very much, but many use it, Sanji's role in the crew is that of a cook, right? But he's still the third best fighter. Luffy (Captain and MC) and Zoro (Crew's fighter) are the two best fighters of course they will have more prominence in battle roles, not leaving Sanji to one side, but it's obvious that this mutation was something that was triggered during the second use of the raid suit (stated in manga), making it impossible to have a training "arc" for Sanji to awaken the exoskeleton, like Luffy and Zoro had respectively trained. Just my point of view...
Nope. Sanji isn't the cook anymore he's one of the Wings of the PK. I'd expect his upgrades to be written in with the bare minimum effort as well, atleast if not on part with the main combatants. It is not even a joke at this point to say that Nami getting Zeus had more writing and planning involved than this. Sanji did use the RS in the bathhouse so it makes it 3 (P1 fight, Bathhouse, King) and not 2.

I don't have any qualms with the nature of the powerup. My issue is with it being dropped in like Chopper's MP upgrade (or like the shit that happened in Enies Lobby) and not organically written into the arc.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
In the bath he used it to save nami and robin, yes it was not his intention but oda wrote it that way so sanji could use the suit again to save someone.
and yet he went there to peep which is my point in fact it was his dream to be able to go invisible to peep

Skillful Grade (Ryō Wazamono) = Pre Blackened Shusui = Yubashiri
Great Grade (Ō Wazamono) = Blackened Shusui (It's rank can't be raised further ) = Wado Ichimonji = Enma = Pre Blackened Yoru
Supreme Grade (Saijō Ō Wazamono) = Yoru = Ace = Blackened Enma = Blackened Wado = Shodai

Zoro is gna end up with two black blades + Shodai. It is possible to raise a sword a rank, I am not sure a sword can evolve past Supreme. That is most likely why Shodai, Ace and Murakumogiri stays unblackened.

If Roger had Enma for example, he would have turned it black a long time ago. The man fought, Garp, Goku, Shiki, WB and Rocks
and it was stated that Black blades are forged through countless battles. If you believe a man that fought Garp, Goku, Shiki, WB and Rocks can't turn a blade black but a man who fought a pre Yonko Shanks can then I am not sure we belong in the same planet.
They increase rank not change grade, 21 great grade won’t turn into a supreme grade, the manga made it pretty clear that once Zoro turns Emma black it will increase in rank never did Hitesu say it will change its grade!

We already know even amount the graded blades there are ranks with Yoru ranking 1st among the supreme

Oda took so much time during Act 2 to give Luffy advanced Armament Haki and Zoro Enma. Both had ties to the plot with Kaido, narrative significance and then were used to hurt Kaido on the rooftop.

You're telling me that Oda could not find the panel time, over the hundreds of Otama and Momo panels, to give Sanji a haki powerup or atleast put in a training arc for the Germa powerup? Outside of the Page One fight, 2 chapters - 1/2 of each and the fight was offscreened as well.

Seriously bro. This powerup is more in line with how randomnly Chopper's Monster Point time limit increased than with Luffy's and Zoro's PUs of this arc.

Advanced CoC (Luffy's second powerup) and Enma turning black (Zoro's second powerup) were forshadowed in act 2 as well.

I'm not taking sides here. But you gotta admit that this lazy shitty writing from Oda.
You’re comparing Chopper’s Monster Point time limit increase that happened entirely offscreen (we literally didn’t know chopper ever talked to Caesar about this) to Sanji’s exoskeleton awakening that was foreshadowed a couple chapters ago and is currently being explored against a Yonko Commander? Not to mention that we saw hints of the benefits of the exoskeleton back in WCI

You sound a lil biased rn ngl

and yet he went there to peep which is my point in fact it was his dream to be able to go invisible to peep
I get what you saying, but im talking about the story not about the character, about the character sanji does not use the suit to gain benefit in battle, he used it to spy on women with invisibility abd save his friends with invisibility.

Their Ryou when they ambushed Kaido was Oden level temporarily. CoA is dependent on willpower. Once they saw Kaido stand up to their attacks their willpower probably started dropping

It's probably the same reason why Kinemon was able to stand up after a CoC attack from Kaido. Because he was that dedicated protecting Momo at that moment (we even get flashbacks of their bond)
Lmfao their Ryou was never Oden lebel. What are you smoking. Even before he fell Kaido was saying their swordsmanship is noting like Oden. They combined attack couldn't even open damage scar tissue

Skillful Grade (Ryō Wazamono) = Pre Blackened Shusui = Yubashiri
Great Grade (Ō Wazamono) = Blackened Shusui (It's rank can't be raised further ) = Wado Ichimonji = Enma = Pre Blackened Yoru
Supreme Grade (Saijō Ō Wazamono) = Yoru = Ace = Blackened Enma = Blackened Wado = Shodai

Zoro is gna end up with two black blades + Shodai. It is possible to raise a sword a rank, I am not sure a sword can evolve past Supreme. That is most likely why Shodai, Ace and Murakumogiri stays unblackened.

If Roger had Enma for example, he would have turned it black a long time ago. The man fought, Garp, Goku, Shiki, WB and Rocks
and it was stated that Black blades are forged through countless battles. If you believe a man that fought Garp, Goku, Shiki, WB and Rocks can't turn a blade black but a man who fought a pre Yonko Shanks can then I am not sure we belong in the same planet.
All Zoro swords will turn black.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
I get what you saying, but im talking about the story not about the character, about the character sanji does not use the suit to gain benefit in battle, he used it to spy on women with invisibility abd save his friends with invisibility.
he beat the shit out of paypay while invisible,besides the suit increases the power of his kicks because of the boosters on his feet

I'm choosing to ask you because you're not a moron and I think we can get a civilized talk about this.

In your opinion, what exactly is a "black blade"?
My point asking is because I don't exactly know what people think black blades are. I have an interpretation so I want to know if it matches.
I have no idea about this tbh first i believed maybe it was due to very high levels of coa mastery that was they key maybe the black color came from haki but it seems to be something more complicated as shusui despite it's color never could cut logia for example. It was heavier than the others swoords far more durable but nothing more i'm sure other Zoro fans here will have much better theories what it could be i would also like to hear your interpretations :cheers:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
You’re comparing Chopper’s Monster Point time limit increase that happened entirely offscreen (we literally didn’t know chopper ever talked to Caesar about this) to Sanji’s exoskeleton awakening that was foreshadowed a couple chapters ago and is currently being explored against a Yonko Commander? Not to mention that we saw hints of the benefits of the exoskeleton back in WCI

You sound a lil biased rn ngl
Yes that is exactly what I'm saying. Oda even got the number of times he used the RS to trigger his exoskeleton wrong - shows how much effort/planning has been put into this.

It does not feel organically written in for me and this kinda massacres his character as well. Would've easily preferred a training arc for a generic haki powerup over this, especially when how Act 2 was wasted on fodder Yakuza that nobody even remembers, let alone care about.

I expected better writing than what we got. And no, an idea that Oda decided to add in a couple of chapters ago doesn't count as good writing. If Sanji had started talking about how his body felt weird way before the raid started back at Wano Mainland it would have made it slightly better. I hoped for RS upgrades from him training/testing out the raidsuit with Franky/Usopp since that was forshadowed. Guess I expected too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.