Future Events The Great Debate - Will Zoro kill Kaido this arc?

After reading 1002 chapters, what you think zoro will do against kaido?

• Total voters
Kaido being killing in a hamulating way is more fitting to him base of Oda logic

or never being killed
Nope, you see there was a reason why we saw Marines discuss the Rock pirates, and the reason why Sengoku particularry adress to Akainu about Wano's important role. We knew that every admiral was send to each of Shichibukai, while the one and only Admiral who was left was Akainu.
Akainu was the one who put a death wound on WB, he was the one who killed Ace, Rogers son. So it is suit for his ambitions to became new Marine Legend like Garp was. We know that Garp was able to destroy Rock pirates and defeate their captain...this is why he became a legend. So if another Marine will kill new formed Rocks pirates he will became a legend too. So that is something that what Akainu will aiming for.
We know that Marines ships are coming here. Yes,there should be SSG but...I believe Akainu himself is going to join main party as well. So he is the one who Hawking saw...he is bad news for pirates, and he will burn em all.

Nope, you see there was a reason why we saw Marines discuss the Rock pirates, and the reason why Sengoku particularry adress to Akainu about Wano's important role. We knew that every admiral was send to each of Shichibukai, while the one and only Admiral who was left was Akainu.
Akainu was the one who put a death wound on WB, he was the one who killed Ace, Rogers son. So it is suit for his ambitions to became new Marine Legend like Garp was. We know that Garp was able to destroy Rock pirates and defeate their captain...this is why he became a legend. So if another Marine will kill new formed Rocks pirates he will became a legend too. So that is something that what Akainu will aiming for.
We know that Marines ships are coming here. Yes,there should be SSG but...I believe Akainu himself is going to join main party as well. So he is the one who Hawking saw...he is bad news for pirates, and he will burn em all.
sure ... your CoO is too strong ... I'm defeated
that IS what will happen

at this point I just Wano to be over ... I don't expect much form Wano's plot

but I have highest hopes for next arcs
Well, if Akainu appear in Wano that event would be enough to made me not drop One Piece after Wano. But then again, even if he appear there...I wouldn't like to even see Luffy to being able hurt him right now. Akainu is possibly top 1 in verse in EOS so...it's time...time to see greatness!

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
no he didn't said that

- he wouldn't mind being killed
- but they are not strong enough to do it

I mean ... it's too obvious what he said .... why should we twist it?
Post automatically merged:

that's the thing

" I don't know what will happen" is not a strong argument ... Oda can do ANYTHING
we are reading to find out!

but Kaido can't get what he wants the most is a strong argument ...
Twist what ? He literally says YOU ARE NOT ODEN

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Mr. Moji made a very strong claim about this debate

Kaido getting killed = Kaido achieving his dream
and villains NOT getting what they wanted is the ABSLOUTE logic behind every arc

any logical counter points?
Exactly. He doesn't deserve that.

His character arc is surrounding a "grand death". What he should recieve is a pathetic death.
This will be a long post but bear with me.

-----

Did you notice how even Sengoku said that apart from a few oldtimers in the marines, nobody remembers Rocks?
but how Roger, Whitebeard and Oden are remembered for their era defining grand deaths?

In fact, Kaido explicitly praises Whitebeard (during his introduction chapter) and Oden here, on panel, for getting their spectacular deaths.

I am firmly of the opinion that Rocks is on the same level as Roger and Whitebeard if not higher as a pirate. What he lacks is a grand death, as Kaido reiterates on the rooftop, death is what completes a person.

I think Rocks didn't get the grand death that Roger and Whitebeard got. This could be a huge part of Kaido's motivation of making sure people remember him after he gets his "grand death" unlike what happened to his former captain. We'll most likely get a Rocks flashback so that Oda can build that narrative and end it with his pathetic death.

Also another thing: we see Luffy & Big Mom claim that they wanna become the King of the Pirates. but Kaido, even though he declared that he wants to find the Ancient Weapons and the One Piece, he has never said he wants to become the King of the Pirates. he said that he wants to use that to create the world of violence that he seeks.
This is also based off of Whitebeard's last words - since he confirmed that a world wide war is bound to start if someone finds the One Piece with them.
All Kaido is dreaming of, is to die a honourable, grand death in a world wide war which he starts after in the process of finding the One Piece and Ancient Weapons so that people remember him long after he has passed like Roger and Whitebeard.
This is the statement that he told Kinemon before skewering him
"Face your death like a warrior! The problem with defeat is that so few people can accept it when it arrives"
This alone makes me think that he's gonna die while bawling his eyes out and crying about his legacy being tarnished by his pathetic death. That people wont remember him like they remember Roger, Whitebeard and Oden after their grand/epic deaths.

I think dying in a closed off country is very against what Kaido desires - to die in a grand world wide war and be remembered. Which is why i think Kaido is going to die a pathetic death, at the end of the Wano arc.

-----

My personal theory is that it will go like what happened to Captain Morgans, the very first villain at the start of Romance Dawn.

Oda coincidentally made Kaido win against Oden with an extremely similar hostage situation. The biggest flaw in Oden's character was that he took everything onto himself and did it on his own. What's to say Orochi (who's being kept alive for some reason) won't do the same with Momo, after he's exhausted stopping Onigashima, this time around?

What's to say Kaido, after Luffy beats him down, won't try to finish off a distracted Luffy just like what happened with Oden? This time willingly going against his ideals, because he is very close to losing out on his dream.

The whole fault/mistake of Oden was to take everthing upon himself and not to ask others for help. He is usually strong enough to get away with it but couldn't against Kaido. However Luffy is different. And who is the strawhat who's been portrayed alongside Luffy the most this arc? None other than Zoro. This would also resolve the "Monster Samurai like Oden" plotline.

To sum it up:
> Luffy beats Kaido.
> Orochi holds an exhausted Momo hostage after that.
> Luffy focuses on Orochi and tries to save Momo
> Kaido, after getting beaten and abandoning his principles, tries to get a cheap shot in on Luffy.
> Zoro defends his captain.

This was the first arc of One Piece after Luffy gained his strawhat from Shanks. Wano is the last arc before Luffy is heralded as a Great Pirate, an equal to Shanks and he is at a point where he can meet him and return the said Strawhat.

Last edited:

His character arc is surrounding a "grand death". What he should recieve is a pathetic death.

-----

Did you notice how even Sengoku said that apart from a few oldtimers in the marines, nobody remembers Rocks?
but how Roger, Whitebeard and Oden are remembered for their era defining grand deaths?

In fact, Kaido explicitly praises Whitebeard (during his introduction chapter) and Oden here, on panel, for getting their spectacular deaths.

I am firmly of the opinion that Rocks is on the same level as Roger and Whitebeard if not higher as a pirate. What he lacks is a grand death, as Kaido reiterates on the rooftop, death is what completes a person.

I think Rocks didn't get the grand death that Roger and Whitebeard got. This could be a huge part of Kaido's motivation of making sure people remember him after he gets his "grand death" unlike what happened to his former captain. We'll most likely get a Rocks flashback so that Oda can build that narrative and end it with his pathetic death.

Also another thing: we see Luffy & Big Mom claim that they wanna become the King of the Pirates. but Kaido, even though he declared that he wants to find the Ancient Weapons and the One Piece, he has never said he wants to become the King of the Pirates. he said that he wants to use that to create the world of violence that he seeks.
This is also based off of Whitebeard's last words - since he confirmed that a world wide war is bound to start if someone finds the One Piece with them.
All Kaido is dreaming of, is to die a honourable, grand death in a world wide war which he starts after in the process of finding the One Piece and Ancient Weapons so that people remember him long after he has passed like Roger and Whitebeard.
This is the statement that he told Kinemon before skewering him

This alone makes me think that he's gonna die while bawling his eyes out and crying about his legacy being tarnished by his pathetic death. That people wont remember him like they remember Roger, Whitebeard and Oden after their grand/epic deaths.

I think dying in a closed off country is very against what Kaido desires - to die in a grand world wide war and be remembered. Which is why i think Kaido is going to die a pathetic death, at the end of the Wano arc.

-----

My personal theory is that it will go like what happened to Captain Morgans, the very first villain at the start of Romance Dawn.

Oda coincidentally made Kaido win against Oden with an extremely similar hostage situation. The biggest flaw in Oden's character was that he took everything onto himself and did it on his own. What's to say Orochi (who's being kept alive for some reason) won't do the same with Momo, after he's exhausted stopping Onigashima, this time around?

What's to say Kaido, after Luffy beats him down, won't try to finish off a distracted Luffy just like what happened with Oden? This time willingly going against his ideals, because he is very close to losing out on his dream.

The whole fault/mistake of Oden was to take everthing upon himself and not to ask others for help. He is usually strong enough to get away with it but couldn't against Kaido. However Luffy is different. And who is the strawhat who's been portrayed alongside Luffy the most this arc? None other than Zoro. This would also resolve the "Monster Samurai like Oden" plotline.

To sum it up:
> Luffy beats Kaido.
> Orochi holds an exhausted Momo hostage after that.
> Luffy focuses on Orochi and tries to save Momo
> Kaido, after getting beaten and abandoning his principles, tries to get a cheap shot in on Luffy.
> Zoro defends his captain.

This was the first arc of One Piece after Luffy gained his strawhat from Shanks. Wano is the last arc before Luffy is heralded as a Great Pirate, an equal to Shanks and he is at a point where he can meet him and return the said Strawhat.
Damn this was a good read is this something you just put together or a thread somewhere :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Some villains wish to rule tyrannically over nations.
That's bad.
Therefore, Luffy, the SHs, and the good guys, in general, prevent that from happening.
As a result, people in the community jumped to: "Villains do not get what they want".

When in reality, there is no such rule.
That's why you see "exceptions" with it, like the ones previously mentioned.

If their desires don't affect anyone, then they can achieve those goals.
Kaido wants to die.
I'm sure the people of Wano would have no objections to that.
The scabbards want him to die.
Oden wanted him to die.
Yamato was fine with letting him die.

The difference between Kaido wanting to die and him ruling over Wano is that the former isn't a bad thing to Wano.
So it happening is completely fine.

No he specifically says I would have let you kill me BUT YOU ARE NOT ODEN yes it does
again ... what he was was I would've been fine if you could've killed me
and then he said YOU ARE AS STRONG AS Oden

so where is the problem

he is FINE with being killed
but they couldn't get the job don

and btw

you guys are saying Zoro is as strong or stronger than Oden for ages
so
by YOUR OWN logic
Kaido is fine by being killed by Zoro

therefore he will get what he wants
therefore this is not what will happen

so your logica can't solve this problem in ANY WAYS
Post automatically merged:

thanks for long posts and I've read it and I'm fine with it but ...

Kaido SAID HIMSELF that he is FINE with being killed in this war
Kaido is a man who LOOK for a place to die

so dying itself in a war ... is a problem ... and I do agree with this point
cause again Kaido is fine with being killed in this war

Kaido, even though he declared that he wants to find the Ancient Weapons and the One Piece, he has never said he wants to become the King of the Pirates
Those are some very good observations actually :kata:

Kaido is fine by being killed by Zoro

therefore he will get what he wants
therefore this is not what will happen
Kaido getting what he wants is totally fine.
See:
Some villains wish to rule tyrannically over nations.
That's bad.
Therefore, Luffy, the SHs, and the good guys, in general, prevent that from happening.
As a result, people in the community jumped to: "Villains do not get what they want".

When in reality, there is no such rule.
That's why you see "exceptions" with it, like the ones previously mentioned.

If their desires don't affect anyone, then they can achieve those goals.
Kaido wants to die.
I'm sure the people of Wano would have no objections to that.
The scabbards want him to die.
Oden wanted him to die.
Yamato was fine with letting him die.

The difference between Kaido wanting to die and him ruling over Wano is that the former isn't a bad thing to Wano.
So it happening is completely fine.