Spoiler One Piece Chapter 968 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Piece readers complaining about the flashback again?
It's mind-boggling.

I get complaining about parts of the story that have some obvious flaws, like the second half of WCI for example (questionable pacing, lot of fake tension moments etc.) or even the second act of Wano (slow pacing for some parts, too rapid pacing for other parts).

I fully get if you simply state that you're not a fan of the flashback and personally want to see the present conflict on Wano. You can acknowledge that this flashback is very well written and simply prefer other parts of the story. Totally fine.

Complaining about the writing in the flashback is - sorry to say it - just insanely dumb. There is almost nothing you can objectively criticize. Its pacing is great, Oden is an amazing character, there are tons of endgame lore information and this whole flashback gives us a way better idea how past and present are connected.

Some guys should really save their criticism of the writing for parts of the story where it's justified again. Not just come up with utter bullshit arguments, when the only reason they complain is that they personally dislike the flashback for whatever reason (which again is fine).

Last edited:
H

Homelander

The only complain of flash back it s rushed. Maybe oda does not want to reveal loads of bucket in head.

It seems the lore is going there is promise day in this story perhaps im seems to have an idea he targeted 4 sets of people

Vivi, shirahoshi, luffy and blackbeard

Worst

Custom title
It's mind-boggling.

I get complaining about parts of the story that have some obvious flaws, like the second half of WCI for example (questionable pacing, lot of fake tension moments etc.) or even the second act of Wano (slow pacing for some parts, too rapid pacing for other parts).

I fully get if you simply state that you're not a fan of the flashback and personally want to see the present conflict on Wano. You can acknowledge that this flashback is very well written and simply prefer other parts of the story. Totally fine.

Complaining about the writing in the flashback is - sorry to say it - just insanely dumb. There is almost nothing you can objectively criticize. Its pacing is great, Oden is an amazing character, there are tons of endgame lore information and this whole flashback gives us a way better idea how past and present are connected.

Some guys should really save their criticism of the writing for parts of the story where it's justified again. Not just come up with utter bullshit arguments, when the only reason they complain is that they personally dislike the flashback for whatever reason (which again is fine).
Give this man a throne

Imagine oda giving void century flashbacks for at least 3-4 months and some people going around saying' it's total waste. Give us final war':emohiyo:

I see such day coming knowing how many people don't even understand the essence of one piece manga.:mihugh:
If the chapter doesn't have their favourite character, even doing basically nothing, it will be automatically shit :few:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Imagine oda giving void century flashbacks for at least 3-4 months and some people going around saying' it's total waste. Give us final war':emohiyo:

I see such day coming knowing how many people don't even understand the essence of one piece manga.:mihugh:
I understand the disappointment tbh.

I personally hope we find out exactly what Roger told his crew when he left them. Simply showing me a panel of Roger emotionally talking to Rayleigh while narration plays over it is not emotional. It just makes me feel like I’m missing out on the actual emotion. It’s the emotional equivalent of off paneling a battling.

Hearing Roger's exact words to his crew would be emotional, showing a panel of him saying something emotional but not writing the dialogue isn’t emotional, it’s lazy.

So I understand why some might be disappointed in this. But maybe we do actually get emotional dialogue between Roger and Rayleigh and I just missed it in the spoilers l

Status
Not open for further replies.