Character Discussion I genuinely don't understand why do people hate Akainu so much

You may say that his cheap method to get to the top shows he’s good villain
But the dude is actually like Buggy that had his plans work for him by sheer luck and cheap method

He will be the most disappointing villain to counter SHs…. Luffy’s progress has always been through hard work and the long way…

Blackbeard only goes the short way, and when there is a long way, he always fail or run away…

To make it short, a great imposing villain is someone who COMBINES Great Effort + Short effort and cheap methods…

and not someone who only relies on cheap method…

Basically, he is a weakling who is just hungry to eat more devil fruits NOT thinking about the consequences…

Lucci even foreshadowed his fall by his own self…. He said “one fruit has a curse that makes the sea curse you and not swim, you can imagine what other curse you will get by eating more”

I wouldn’t past Oda to make Blackbeard defeat himself… where things go beyond his control…

It's because of the way he established justice which is over aggressive. Technically though Doflamingo is so so much worse than Akainu for instance but he also has many fans.

I think it's not a sin to be a fan of Papazuki. 🤔 if anything he commands justice despite his ethics are flawed.

It's because of the way he established justice which is over aggressive. Technically though Doflamingo is so so much worse than Akainu for instance but he also has many fans.

I think it's not a sin to be a fan of Papazuki. 🤔 if anything he commands justice despite his ethics are flawed.
Sakazuki is the type of character I HATE in real life the most
But also the type of guy I enjoy watching on fictional show lol

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I think he can be a good antagonist if when his turn to fight comes, his hypocrisy is pointed out.
What is his hypocrisy prey tell?

OT: people hate Akainu because he is designed to be the polar opposite of generic Shonen fanservice “characters” like Ace and Yamato lol. OP is a story where the most popular characters are usually fanservice garbage and Akainu flips that trope on its head. Since the OP fandom has terrible taste in characters and manga in general, they naturally hate Akainu lol.

OT: people hate Akainu because he is designed to be the polar opposite of generic Shonen fanservice “characters” like Ace and Yamato lol. OP is a story where the most popular characters are usually fanservice garbage and Akainu flips that trope on its head. Since the OP fandom has terrible taste in characters and manga in general, they naturally hate Akainu lol.
If Akainu gets taken down by Sabo, I will personally go and assassinate Oda Lol

My least fav admiral,but compared to most of the OP characters he is gold.I actually love that even if he is strong,he doesn't mind fighting dirty.

Just the fact he is willing to kill his own men‚ who are broken enough by the war to run away or try to stop it...that is enough reason

Just the fact he is willing to shoot a ship full of innocent civillians‚ just in case some of the scholars may be fleeing on it...that is enough reason

Akainu and BB especially always got the hate because they represented everything their role defines. Both represent the peak, chadnificent statue which both a marine and a pirate can reach.

The fact that Akainu and BB are big-dicked, sexually successful, well-written antagonists who embody everything that stands for navy/piracy respectfully, made the virgin Shonen casual readers hate on them. :cantseeme: