Powers & Abilities Sanji, raid suit and invisibility

He literally says goodbye to that power and takes umbrage when Queen assumes that he uses it. There is the smallest chance that he has it involuntarily, but we have seen him disappear from his opponent's line of sight in three other fights at least. Sanji has always been very fast.
This assumes that sanji knows how his gene modifications work, likely he doesn't. Yes, Sanji has used soru before, but it has NEVER been drawn in such a way. Oda literally drew CP0 using soru this chapter, go and compare the way he drew that vs what sanji did. Its completely different

"That's how it works." If you won't even make a concession then I have to assume you're deliberately trying to be wrong.
But its literally how the vinsmoke lineage factor mutations work. Niji can use electricity in base, ichiji can use explosions in base. Sanji said that his genes have awakened. He has an exoskeleton, he has brief moments where he loses his emotions.

If he has every other vinsmoke mutation, why are you assuming he doesn't have invisibility in base?
Post automatically merged:

And Queen even thought it was due to Judge's experiments.

Combining @PuckTheGreat 's compliation with Niji and Absolom further strengthens the idea it was invisibility for base Sanji.
I don't like this thing, how the hell can Sanji go invisible without the Raid Suit? I understand that the Vinsmokes can use their power without RS but in that case we're talking about elemental things, like electricity for Niji.

So Sanji is using invisibility without the technology itself, are you saying that Sanji's body can reflect the light that surround him and become totally invisible? I don't like it at all.

I don't like this thing, how the hell can Sanji go invisible without the Raid Suit? I understand that the Vinsmokes can use their power without RS but in that case we're talking about elemental things, like electricity for Niji.

So Sanji is using invisibility without the technology itself, are you saying that Sanji's body can reflect the light that surround him and become totally invisible? I don't like it at all.
Chameleons (or Mimic octopus) don't need suits to blend into their environment anymore than poison insects need suits or electric eels would need suits.

I guess invisibilty in base allows him to disappear for a couple of seconds only, wheras the suit allowed him to be invisible continuously. When he attacked Page One, he turned invisible before attacking him and was still invisible during the attack, but against Queen, he stopped being invisible before landing his attack.
Well said, thats pretty much it

About Niji, that must be just an specific ability of himself, his speed was showcased as his main attribute all along

This assumes that sanji knows how his gene modifications work, likely he doesn't. Yes, Sanji has used soru before, but it has NEVER been drawn in such a way. Oda literally drew CP0 using soru this chapter, go and compare the way he drew that vs what sanji did. Its completely different

But its literally how the vinsmoke lineage factor mutations work. Niji can use electricity in base, ichiji can use explosions in base. Sanji said that his genes have awakened. He has an exoskeleton, he has brief moments where he loses his emotions.

If he has every other vinsmoke mutation, why are you assuming he doesn't have invisibility in base?

And Queen even thought it was due to Judge's experiments.
Maybe what I said wasn't clear somehow:

1. Whether Sanji has the power or not, he isn't using it voluntarily. And this would mean that going forward, if he does have it, that Oda gave him an active power that he will not actively use. Dumb writing.

2. Queen assumes he turns invisible. But we have to take this with a grain of salt because Queen also assumes his fire is synthetic. Did the Germa kids have two unrelated powers without Raid Suits? If they only have one then which would be more likely for Sanji to have? Remember that their hair color corresponded to their powers before they even had them. Sanji has blonde hair instead of black, white, silver, clear, etc. So I would say it's pretty likely that the stealth black gimmick doesn't precede his birth.

3. Sanji is fast, but he doesn't use Soru. That's why yes, you will notice a difference. Soru is a specific technique, not just speed, although it's not so different from when he hit Heat anyway.

Combining @PuckTheGreat 's compliation with Niji and Absolom further strengthens the idea it was invisibility for base Sanji.
All of the theories based on sfx seem dead wrong, if only because the people naking these assertions don't actually understand the sfx. They say shit like Sanji has CoC because he glares during a nosebleed lmao. "Fu" or "su" for one example would be smoke or wind, like the wind of Sanji taking off or the smoke of the cigar.

If he can do it, it’s possible that his flames are so hot that they’re creating light reflection.

1. Whether Sanji has the power or not, he isn't using it voluntarily. And this would mean that going forward, if he does have it, that Oda gave him an active power that he will not actively use. Dumb writing.

2. Queen assumes he turns invisible. But we have to take this with a grain of salt because Queen also assumes his fire is synthetic. Did the Germa kids have two unrelated powers without Raid Suits? If they only have one then which would be more likely for Sanji to have? Remember that their hair color corresponded to their powers before they even had them. Sanji has blonde hair instead of black, white, silver, clear, etc. So I would say it's pretty likely that the stealth black gimmick doesn't precede his birth.

3. Sanji is fast, but he doesn't use Soru. That's why yes, you will notice a difference. Soru is a specific technique, not just speed, although it's not so different from when he hit Heat anyway.

All of the theories based on sfx seem dead wrong, if only because the people naking these assertions don't actually understand the stx. They say shit like Sanji has CoC because he glares during a nosebleed lmao. "Fu" for one example would be smoke or wind, like the wind of Sanji taking off or the smoke of the cigar.
Sanji is still getting used to his abilities.
In anycase the flashiness of diable jambe may very well negate him using stealth at the same time, requiring him to prepare for a sneak attack and release stealth before striking.
Alternatively it got just deactivated due to the extreme emotions/ fire involved in hell memories.

Queen assumes he turns invisible. But we have to take this with a grain of salt because Queen also assumes his fire is synthetic. Did the Germa kids have two unrelated powers without Raid Suits? If they only have one then which would be more likely for Sanji to have? Remember that their hair color corresponded to their powers before they even had them. Sanji has blonde hair instead of black, white, silver, clear, etc. So I would say it's pretty likely that the stealth black gimmick doesn't precede his birth.
Devil Leg wasn't planned by anyone, that must be something like Sora's sacrifice "legacy" towards Sanji. Unless it is a complete asspull with no furthee explanation like Asura (for now), or Sanji is a Lunarian because Sora was a Lunarian that Judge only married because he was aiming something else

Queen is most likely just making the most obvious assumptions based on his common knowledge, but he doesn't understand everything thats happening and what exactly Devil Leg is.

Sanji's problem with the raid suit wasn't invisibility, it was that it was a symbol of germa. It was a suit made by judge with his symbol on it that turns him into a psychopath.

Sanji seems to have accepted his mutations, he just doesn't want to wear Judge's emblem

it likely requires high level CoO to bypass the suke suke no mi

Zoro will have to master the breath of all things to beat shiryu
Don't doubt that, that's most likely the case. The Breath of all things could help empowering his CoO further but essentially he will have to sense Shiryu's presence too I guess, unless Oda will make sure he can only feel the presence of his objects.

If anything CoO doesn't work like the common 5 senses, it's described as a 6th one, that is intriguing.

Sanji is still getting used to his abilities.
In anycase the flashiness of diable jambe may very well negate him using stealth at the same time, requiring him to prepare for a sneak attack and release stealth before striking.
Alternatively it got just deactivated due to the extreme emotions/ fire involved in hell memories.
You're extrapolating much from receiving little. I would wait to find out if he has the power before trying to assume the way they work

Devil Leg wasn't planned by anyone, that must be something like Sora's sacrifice "legacy" towards Sanji. Unless it is a complete asspull with no furthee explanation like Asura (for now), or Sanji is a Lunarian because Sora was a Lunarian that Judge only married because he was aiming something else

Queen is most likely just making the most obvious assumptions based on his common knowledge, but he doesn't understand everything thats happening and what exactly Devil Leg is.
Sanji isn't a Lunarian. It seems like a poorly understood scene because people keep bringing it up even though Queen rules the possibility out. There are things unknown to Queen, but that point is pretty clear. Sora being a Lunarian is a worthless fan idea, which is why it has nothing to do with his siblings.

Sanji himself believes his power comes from his passion and the original DJ spinning technique he did at first. 40 volumes before we ever saw Germa. That's why he will keep using the ability regardless of the truth and we explicitly had a piece of dialogue where Sanji dismisses Queen's understanding of the flames.

Sanji's problem with the raid suit wasn't invisibility, it was that it was a symbol of germa. It was a suit made by judge with his symbol on it that turns him into a psychopath.

Sanji seems to have accepted his mutations, he just doesn't want to wear Judge's emblem
Invisibility was brought about by using the suit, just like his exoskeleton. But he cannot turn it off in any way, so it's not the same. Invisibility is something he would have to use to make it even useful (intermittently turning invisible without even knowing is hardly a help, especially if he runs into good CoO users).

And again, he literally says "goodbye invisibility." He is absolutely 100% not using the power deliberately in this chapter.

Chameleons (or Mimic octopus) don't need suits to blend into their environment anymore than poison insects need suits or electric eels would need suits.
If he can do it, it’s possible that his flames are so hot that they’re creating light reflection.

Yeah, it can even be explained but still I don't like it at all. If it's like it, Sanji really didn't lose anything in destroying the RS. The action itself loses importance. :quest:

I love how people.still think that Niji can go invisible... It makes no sense plot, power and comic wise
Because they got tricked by the name of the technique which is "Stealth"