Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though many people don't care about Drake as much as the Straw Hats, it was suggested to me that him meeting Yamato could still be significant, because along with his name being "Diez/X Drake," he also positions his weapons in a way that form an "X" when her kanabo strikes them, implying a possible hint that maybe she's the 10th Straw Hat recruit, or maybe she isn't.

Even though many people don't care about Drake as much as the Straw Hats, it was suggested to me that him meeting Yamato could still be significant, because along with his name being "Diez/X Drake," he also positions his weapons in a way that form an "X" when her kanabo strikes them, implying a possible hint that maybe she's the 10th Straw Hat recruit, or maybe she isn't.

Oh for fuck's sake. Don't make us look desperate. Unlike Carrot stans, we can make a solid case based on real evidence from the manga without resorting to nonsense fan theories and head cannon. We don't need to pull new theories out of our asses every time she appears on panel.

This one is also particularily bad, because you could say it about literally anyone who meets Drake, and it's Drake himself named Diez and holding weapons in an x shape, so if it hinted at anyone, it would be him, not Yamato.

Oh for fuck's sake. Don't make us look desperate. Unlike Carrot stans, we can make a solid case based on real evidence from the manga without resorting to nonsense fan theories and head cannon. We don't need to pull new theories out of our asses every time she appears on panel.

This one is also particularily bad, because you could say it about literally anyone who meets Drake, and it's Drake himself named Diez and holding weapons in an x shape, so if it hinted at anyone, it would be him, not Yamato.
Thing is is that the story could have easily have Yamato meet up with Usopp or defend Robin from CP0, yet it took the time to present it in such a way just to have Yamato strike an "X" before meeting with any other Straw Hat. Why have her meet Drake as opposed to anyone else?

Thing is is that the story could have easily have Yamato meet up with Usopp or defend Robin from CP0, yet it took the time to present it in such a way just to have Yamato strike an "X" before meeting with any other Straw Hat. Why have her meet Drake as opposed to anyone else?
Oda just introduced this plot. None of us know where it's going. If I had to guess, it's because of the numbers with Apoo being the samurai from the cave, and X Drake just happened to be there, so she attacked him thinking he was still an enemy. There are a million ways Oda could go with it. To assume that Oda set all of this up so that Yamato could fight someone who holds their weapons in the shape of an x as a hint at her joining the crew is one of the biggest stretches I've seen on this forum.
Post automatically merged:

And again, if the name Diez and the x theme hint at anyone, it's Drake himself, not Yamato.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

:kobeha:Seriously?

Is this a joke?

Are you trying to be like those Carrot stans using desperate self-servings? :whitepress:

Here's a take for Luffy calling Yamato Yamao, she's been portrayed as Oden's parallel and when Oden was with Whitebeard the latter never called him his son, he always refered to Oden as his brother.. I'm not saying Luffy will never address Yamato by her name, he calls people of his generation who he views as the same caliber as him that way, Yamao, Torao.. For instance next time he meets Katakuri he would likely call him Katao or something assuming they are on friendly terms.. If Zoro never became a Nakama and didn't join Luffy's crew, down the line he would have had a similar nickname.. So i think Luffy won't call Yamato Yamato until she joins the crew..

Status
Not open for further replies.