Spoiler One Piece Chapter 969 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
oden wanted to cut orochi but he got blocked by a barrier
similar with mihawk when he wanted to cut luffy but got blocked by daz bones but then mihawk cuts daz bones with ez

but idk if oden tries to cut the barrier waiting for more panels
If Oden didn't actually try to cut the barrier but already gave up and ended up naked dancing, then he's even more of a dumbass than I imagined.

People stopped realizing that for plot purpose dumb things have to happen...

The sole purpose of the Barrier is that nothing can bypass it, to keep the user safe. It isnt a coincidence that it was given to Bartolomeo.
It can protect from literally everything otherwise, what is the purpose of magic barrier ability?

I said theoretically a bubble. What has this chapter changed abt Oden's power level? Magical barrier doesnt affect Oden's PL.

I am sticking to the claim that nothing can break the barrier itself, not even sending it into space like you said and I said the user can be beaten, sending it into space could theoretically work and be one of the examples how you defeat a Barrier ningen.
For plot purposes, Fujitora wouldnt be able to send Orochi flying into space because Orochi needs to survive so we can have the current timeline 25 years later. Plot induced stupidy would kick in if necessary, just to protect Orochi.

Advanced CoA is bypassing natural defenses but Barrier is a magical thing with a sole purpose, to shield and it does shield, from everything. Kaido's scales=/=magical barrier. Why is it hard to accept that it is stupid ability that makes no sense and move on without it affecting Oden's power lvl?
The sole purpose of Barto's barries is to be unbreakable but that doesn't mean that they give a perfect protection, far from it in a world with so many other powers. What could Barto's barriers do if Fujitora crush him in the ground with his gravity power or if Law uses his room to switch him or his barriers or if someone attacks him from below him ?

Meanwhile, Queen cracked the skull of a character whose durability is massively weaker than Kaido's one (e. g. look at
I mean I agree with the rest of your post, but why on earth is there still this flat out wrong assumption that Queen cracked her skull?

He didn't.

Oda used the same kanji in the scene, which he uses in every situation where heavy pressure is put on something (he also used it when Zoro made Ms.Monday pass out and she was fine and kicking the next chapters, too).
Not to mention that he always depicts when bones are broken (Usopp in Alabasta, Sanji on PH, Yeti Cool Brothers etc.) and he clearly didn't in that case, because nothing broke.

The kanji only emphasize the heavy pressure Queen put on BM's head with his 80 ton body, not that her head cracked. She was totally fine and squaring up evenly against Kaido the next chapters, too.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
The sole purpose of Barto's barries is to be unbreakable but that doesn't mean that they give a perfect protection, far from it in a world with so many other powers. What could Barto's barriers do if Fujitora crush him in the ground with his gravity power or if Law uses his room to switch him or his barriers or if someone attacks him from below him ?
Well, King's Punch didnt move it an inch. Fuji's gravity shouldnt move it either. If he is inside perfect bubble barrier, Fuji can press him all he wants, Barto remains safe.
Law is a good point since he isnt breaking it but since it is magic I wouldnt be surprised if Law's chopping ability doesnt work on it.
Dont get me wrong, the user is beatable when not in a bubble barrier, some speedster like Kizaru will possibly wreck him before he even knows it. Hakuba would have wrecked him had he not put up a cylinder-shaped barrier.

H

Homelander

orochi blackmailed to kill hyo who is father figure to oden . Question here is why oden gave up ?They made a deal simple orochi said hyo and his family and the factory worker will be saved from kaido.

Same reason scabbard couldnt do much . Even oden hand was tied .

Was this plot good ? Well Oden was bound to fail because he aint the mc luffy is .

Well, King's Punch didnt move it an inch. Fuji's gravity shouldnt move it either. If he is inside perfect bubble barrier, Fuji can press him all he wants, Barto remains safe.
Law is a good point since he isnt breaking it but since it is magic I wouldnt be surprised if Law's chopping ability doesnt work on it.
Dont get me wrong, the user is beatable when not in a bubble barrier, some speedster like Kizaru will possibly wreck him before he even knows it. Hakuba would have wrecked him had he not put up a cylinder-shaped barrier.
Fuji can easily move it.

Is not like the barrier has some antigravity quality or something.

The barrier is not big .....at max the size of a small house .

Lifts barrier with Barto inside ..... throws him to the sea..

:kayneshrug:

If Oden didn't actually try to cut the barrier but already gave up and ended up naked dancing, then he's even more of a dumbass than I imagined.
jesus you really are here just to troll arent you

orochi blackmailed to kill hyo who is father figure to oden . Question here is why oden gave up ?They made a deal simple orochi said hyo and his family and the factory worker will be saved from kaido.

Same reason scabbard couldnt do much . Even oden hand was tied .

Was this plot good ? Well Oden was bound to fail because he aint the mc luffy is .
as chad and powerfull as he is, oden just dont have a king's mentality.
even doffy inspire sacrifices from his subordinate

Snitches are great villains?

Shanks :feelsokeman:
orochi is like a better spandam

I mean I agree with the rest of your post, but why on earth is there still this flat out wrong assumption that Queen cracked her skull?

He didn't.

Oda used the same kanji in the scene, which he uses in every situation where heavy pressure is put on something (he also used it when Zoro made Ms.Monday pass out and she was fine and kicking the next chapters, too).
Not to mention that he always depicts when bones are broken (Usopp in Alabasta, Sanji on PH, Yeti Cool Brothers etc.) and he clearly didn't in that case, because nothing broke.

The kanji only emphasize the heavy pressure Queen put on BM's head with his 80 ton body, not that her head cracked. She was totally fine and squaring up evenly against Kaido the next chapters, too.
Thanks for that.
Heck, then it even looks far worse for Queen if he just put some heavy pressure on Big Mom without dealing some serious damage, lol.

King Punch wasn't a gravity themed attack it was a direct shockwave attack, it didn't tried to increase the gravity and Barto's barrier won't do much if the gravity become so strong that he has troubles standing. Same if Kizaru begin producing a light and that Barto has to cover his eyes because his eyes cannot stand the light anymore.

Advanced CoA is bypassing natural defenses
This is not true. Where are you getting this?

Kaido's immortality or unkillability or general defence isn't natural. There's nothing in the verse that's considered natually immortal. And yet he got cut up once and lost many times and Luffy will damage him with advanced CoA.

Aside from the fact that You making up this shit that the barriers just have defense against INTANGIBLE ATTACKS as well from literally no where now you are dictating how haki works too. C'Mon it shouldn't take so many leaps and made up things to justify this. According you, barriers probably even block CoC haki too right? That's where you are going with this.

Anyway on the point of plot, Fujitora wouldn't have lost like this. Don't you understand that Oda has to do specfic things to make the plot work. Like the strawhats MUST reach the end of the story BUT they ended u in Yonkou territory that one time so it takes 30 chapters for Oda to justify how they ended up escaping. Get it? The tougher the odds, the more shit oda has to do to justify the plot. There's is no way an admiral could've been stopped by that old man. Whether the barriers's are indestructible, there's ways of still killing Fodderochi and that old man regardless as long as you are strong enough. Therefore Oda would have had to do way more shit to justify Fodderochi surviving. Whether someone else immediately intervenes or Fodderochi manages to escape but the old guy sacrifices himself for him to get away. More shit had to be done that just a fuckin barrier. Like Plot required Luffy to escape Akainu at Marineford but are you seeing how much shit still had to happen for that to occur. Like Fuckin bartolommeo with his barriers alone could just appear and stop fuckin Akainu and thats it.

This scenario has put Oden below admiral because way more shit would be needed to stop an admiral than this

S

Shura

Hope Oda should give reasonable justification for whatever he made Oden do....otherwise it would be a bad writing and all the character that has been built in past 10 chapters...

Like fuck!!... dancing around the city naked!!....not even BigMom suffered such humiliation.....

"Orochi blackmails Oden so Oden stops and makes a fool out of himself"

Nah, doubt it's the case. Orochi already tried the same method last week

"think about what will happen to this country" and not simply "think about what will happen to you"
Oden was still like "I will cut you first, think the rest later!!"

Why only now the blackmail suddenly works?

It's not blackmail. It's just Oden being Lolden. Even Orochi knew it and almost calling him by the right name.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Fuji can easily move it.

Is not like the barrier has some antigravity quality or something.

The barrier is not big .....at max the size of a small house .

Lifts barrier with Barto inside ..... throws him to the sea..

:kayneshrug:
Why didnt King's punch move it at all then? It is terrifyingly powerful and yet nothing. Gravity would probably not affect it either.
For sure not in case of Orochi. Barrier defies logic, it looks as broken as it sounds.

King Punch wasn't a gravity themed attack it was a direct shockwave attack, it didn't tried to increase the gravity and Barto's barrier won't do much if the gravity become so strong that he has troubles standing. Same if Kizaru begin producing a light and that Barto has to cover his eyes because his eyes cannot stand the light anymore.
Would gravity affect him at all if he is inside Bubble barrier? He can shield his eyes without uncrossing the fingers...

This is not true. Where are you getting this?

Kaido's immortality or unkillability or general defence isn't natural. There's nothing in the verse that's considered natually immortal. And yet he got cut up once and lost many times and Luffy will damage him with advanced CoA.

Aside from the fact that You making up this shit that the barriers just have defense against INTANGIBLE ATTACKS as well from literally no where now you are dictating how haki works too. C'Mon it shouldn't take so many leaps and made up things to justify this. According you, barriers probably even block CoC haki too right? That's where you are going with this.

Anyway on the point of plot, Fujitora wouldn't have lost like this. Don't you understand that Oda has to do specfic things to make the plot work. Like the strawhats MUST reach the end of the story BUT they ended u in Yonkou territory that one time so it takes 30 chapters for Oda to justify how they ended up escaping. Get it? The tougher the odds, the more shit oda has to do to justify the plot. There's is no way an admiral could've been stopped by that old man. Whether the barriers's are indestructible, there's ways of still killing Fodderochi and that old man regardless as long as you are strong enough. Therefore Oda would have had to do way more shit to justify Fodderochi surviving. Whether someone else immediately intervenes or Fodderochi manages to escape but the old guy sacrifices himself for him to get away. More shit had to be done that just a fuckin barrier. Like Plot required Luffy to escape Akainu at Marineford but are you seeing how much shit still had to happen for that to occur. Like Fuckin bartolommeo with his barriers alone could just appear and stop fuckin Akainu and thats it.

This scenario has put Oden below admiral because way more shit would be needed to stop an admiral than this
Kaido's scaled are ability from a Dragon zoan. Bartos barrier literally pops up from nowhere when he crossed his fingers, lol.
Kaido isnt immortal tho, if he can be hurt as proven, he can be killed. Should jump into ocean and see how it goes but PIS prevents it.

Yes I am making it up but is it false to describe a magical *cross fingers- poof* ability with a sole purpose to shield as stupidly broken?
It is magical barrier. Why wouldnt it shield from Advanced CoA? Dont get me wrong, you could be right, if the plot demands it or Oda has set it's limitations like that, you could be right but he is bad at setting limitations on broken abilities.

Admiral cannot be stopped by an old man? The user(old man) is irrelevant. He possessed a stupid magical ability, it wont stop working just because old man uses it... Sure, there were ways of killing them but plot stopped it from happening and would have even if Oden bypassed the magical ability which Oda used as plot element that shouldnt be bypassed and hasnt been ever.

Yes, it is bad writing that convenient DF users are popping up to make everything smooth for Orochi but as you said, imagine them not popping up - Oda would have to spend more chapters getting to where he wants, this way it was fast and easy and plausible.
I think Oden's PL is unaffected because he was confronted by stupid ability which makes no sense and he absolutely was prohibited from killing Orochi. Could it have been done better? Absolutely but let's be glad Oda is keeping up the good pace because all these Wano characters will be irrelevant in like 50 chapters or so. No need to drag Orochi more, he is already despicable enough, Oda should have even nullified the 5 year gap and went straight to Oden vs Kaido but I guess he wants to justify why Kozuki's ended despised by some.

Why didnt King's punch move it at all then? It is terrifyingly powerful and yet nothing. Gravity would probably not affect it either.
For sure not in case of Orochi. Barrier defies logic, it looks as broken as it sounds.

Would gravity affect him at all if he is inside Bubble barrier? He can shield his eyes without incrossing the fingers...

Kaido's scaled are ability from a Dragon zoan. Bartos barrier literally pops up from nowhere when he crossed his fingers, lol.
Kaido isnt immortal tho, if he can be hurt as proven, he can be killed. Should jump into ocean and see how it goes but PIS prevents it.

Yes I am making it up but is it false to describe a magical *cross fingers- poof* ability with a sole purpose to shield as stupidly broken?
It is magical barrier. Why wouldnt it shield from Advanced CoA? Dont get me wrong, you could be right, if the plot demands it or Oda has set it's limitations like that, you could be right but he is bad at setting limitations on broken abilities.

Admiral cannot be stopped by an old man? The user(old man) is irrelevant. He possessed a stupid magical ability, it wont stop working just because old man uses it... Sure, there were ways of killing them but plot stopped it from happening and would have even if Oden bypassed the magical ability which Oda used as plot element that shouldnt be bypassed and hasnt been ever.

Yes, it is bad writing that convenient DF users are popping up to make everything smooth for Orochi but as you said, imagine them not popping up - Oda would have to spend more chapters getting to where he wants, this way it was fast and easy and plausible.
I think Oden's PL is unaffected because he was confronted by stupid ability which makes no sense and he absolutely was prohibited from killing Orochi. Could it have been done better? Absolutely but let's be glad Oda is keeping up the good pace because all these Wano characters will be irrelevant in like 50 chapters or so. No need to drag Orochi more, he is already despicable enough, Oda should have even nullified the 5 year gap and went straight to Oden vs Kaido but I guess he wants to justify why Kozuki's ended despised by some.
Emmmm
Gravity affects everything...

Why I must remind people the basic laws :seriously:

Status
Not open for further replies.