Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if for example Tama said that, Tama would be the most probable option ?
If Tama said that we would no doubt consider it an Ace parallel where Luffy would agree to take her when she had grown up and became stronger, which is of itself a parallel to Shanks refusing to take Luffy as a child.

Not really an issue that Yamato has.

If Tama said that we would no doubt consider it an Ace parallel where Luffy would agree to take her when she had grown up and became stronger, which is of itself a parallel to Shanks refusing to take Luffy as a child.

Not really an issue that Yamato has.
So Tama would be over her head to say this but not Yamato ? Strange

You mean like how Robin barely interacted with all of the crew before Vivi left?
Robin was intentionally supposed to be distanced and not a proper member of the family when she joined. Yet even then Oda still had the whole crew meet her long before she joined. Yamao doesn't even have that.
The maths would say that the character who is more obviously feasible to join would be the one who literally said “I‘m going out to sea with Luffy!”
Yes, because anything a character says will happen always ends up happening. Which is why Kid is currently killing Kaido, just as he stated countless times that he would. The maths certainly does check out.

Yes, because anything a character says will happen always ends up happening. Which is why Kid is currently killing Kaido, just as he stated countless times that he would. The maths certainly does check out.
We’re going for the disingenuous argument today I see.

Yes, there is a world of difference, in One Piece, between a character saying “I will kill X” and a character who has been locked away all their life repeatedly expressing a wish to escape their prison and sail away on an adventure with Luffy.

''So 2 completely different characters are different, strange''
There is no difference here, that's two girls who speaks over their head. The fact that Yamato is Yamato doesn't change the fact that she speaks without the approuval of Luffy here.

And usually, when a character speaks without the approval of Luffy and behind his back, it means that the particular premisse is a false one. That it won't happen. Storytelling 101

It would be the same as making Caribou says, "I'm a mugiwara now so I will sail with Luffy".. it is false so it will most likely not happen. That's why Oda choose the other road for Caribou and made him ASKED Luffy.

We’re going for the disingenuous argument today I see.

Yes, there is a world of difference, in One Piece, between a character saying “I will kill X” and a character who has been locked away all their life repeatedly expressing a wish to escape their prison and sail away on an adventure with Luffy.
What, lol?

You're just mashing up two separate things together. Her desire to sail on an adventure and her belief that she will be doing so with Luffy are two separate things. One is a genuine, life long desire inspired by hearing about Oden's story. The other is a stupid assumption solely dependant on the condition that she is literally Kozuki Oden, who she is not. Her claim that she is sailing with Luffy because she's Oden is as moronic as her claim that she's Momo's father.

Her wish to escape her prison and adventure is valid. Her expectation that she is doing so with Luffy is not.

What, lol?

You're just mashing up two separate things together. Her desire to sail on an adventure and her belief that she will be doing so with Luffy are two separate things. One is a genuine, life long desire inspired by hearing about Oden's story. The other is a stupid assumption solely dependant on the condition that she is literally Kozuki Oden, who she is not. Her claim that she is sailing with Luffy because she's Oden is as moronic as her claim that she's Momo's father.

Her wish to escape her prison and adventure is valid. Her expectation that she is doing so with Luffy is not.
Nah, there‘s absolutely nothing that is “invalid” about Yamato saying that she’s going to go sail with Luffy after Kaido is defeated. That’s her wish, she’ll get it, tough luck to anyone arguing otherwise.

You can argue that “sail with Luffy” does not mean “become a Strawhat” and that’s a perfectly valid argument, because multiple characters have done that, but it’s just sad to watch people twist themselves into knots trying to weasel out of accepting that Yamato at the end of Wano is sailing away on the Sunny like she said she would.

Nah, there‘s absolutely nothing that is “invalid” about Yamato saying that she’s going to go sail with Luffy after Kaido is defeated. That’s her wish, she’ll get it, tough luck to anyone arguing otherwise.

You can argue that “sail with Luffy” does not mean “become a Strawhat” and that’s a perfectly valid argument, because multiple characters have done that, but it’s just sad to watch people twist themselves into knots trying to weasel out of accepting that Yamato at the end of Wano is sailing away on the Sunny like she said she would.
Of course it is invalide to say that she will sail with Luffy. Yamato's only base on her assumption is that because Luffy is Ac e's brother he SHOULD be giving her a ride on his ship.. that's bonkers. You do not get recruited by someone just because this someone was your friend's brother.

That's stupid, it would be like having Marco say "okay I will sail with Luffy now".. because he was Ace's friend.. it doesn't make any sence

Lol you did not reply to any question here xD

Same, you did not answer, you just said "because". Those are not answers.

For the Jinbe argument, note than Jinbe was not that obvious until Luffy invited him. I remember having the same kind of discussions, trying to convince people that Jinbe was gonna join.. not that easy. Plus, Jinbe's recrutment was just a question of time since that moment.

The next Mugiwara has been a question in all fan's mind since then, and again, Oda knows it.
Post automatically merged:

Saying that we can't compare two arc because of their importance IS meaningless
Learn to read my friend. I didn't just say "because". Go over my post once more and try again.

Yamato at the end of Wano is sailing away on the Sunny like she said she would.
Just like Oden sacrified himself for a few years to protect Wano so will the guardian deity of Wano by staying behind for a few years to protect the new shogun and the country once the borders are opened. Any word trip will be delayed to after the WG war. :goyea:

Of course it is invalide to say that she will sail with Luffy. Yamato's only base on her assumption is that because Luffy is Ac e's brother he SHOULD be giving her a ride on his ship.. that's bonkers. You do not get recruited by someone just because this someone was your friend's brother.

That's stupid, it would be like having Marco say "okay I will sail with Luffy now".. because he was Ace's friend.. it doesn't make any sence
Yes, it’s “bonkers” to think that Luffy, of all people, would not allow the friend of his beloved murdered brother to escape from their own life of misery and imprisonment by having an adventure on his ship.

That sounds exactly like the sort of thing Luffy would do
Just like Oden sacrified himself for a few years to protect Wano so will the guardian deity of Wano by staying behind for a few years to protect the new shogun and the country once the borders are opened. Any word trip will be delayed to after the WG war. :goyea:
Kaido: you will stay on Wano
Yamato: don’t really want to do that, dad, I want to go to sea

Fans: yes, the villain who sticks exploding handcuffs on children has a point, Yamato should stay on Wano.

Makes perfect sense.

Yes, it’s “bonkers” to think that Luffy, of all people, would not allow the friend of his beloved murdered brother to escape from their own life of misery and imprisonment by having an adventure on his ship.

That sounds exactly like the sort of thing Luffy would do

Kaido: you will stay on Wano
Yamato: don’t really want to do that, dad, I want to go to sea

Fans: yes, the villain who sticks exploding handcuffs on children has a point, Yamato should stay on Wano.

Makes perfect sense.
Oden did what needed to be done, so will Yamato, by her own free will this time though. :goyea:

The point is that her delusion that she will specifically be travelling with Luffy is based on a faulty premise. And that premise is one which will almost certainly be resolved by the end of the arc, which will accordingly fix her delusion. She thinks she will travel with Luffy because of "logic" that is heavily flawed.

It's extremely probable she'll change her mind and whilst still wanting to adventure, won't do so with Luffy.
Post automatically merged:

So if this can be said about her not meeting Chopper and the others, then how can it not be guaranteed that anything of the sort isn't happening for Yamato?
Because it isn't. Yamao's a character that didn't have any friends. But instead of the story gearing towards the straw hats being those friends like was the case for Robin and Sanji, it's more so about her becoming friends with Momo and the people of Wano. Them putting aside their grudge for Kaido and accepting his daughter, acknowledging that her blood doesn't represent who she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.