Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this arc is not about Yamato, it's about Momo. Luffy fights not for her, Luffy talks big inspiring speeches not for her, he made a promise not to her. She is a very bright nice addition that fits along well with the narrative to take down Kaido but by no means she's a core of it. It's like Rebecca and Law in Dressrosa. Rebecca was a local oppressed citizen who swore to win Mera Mera no Mi and take down Doflamingo to save her country and people but the core of the arc was Law and his story of course. I still expect for Luffy to have some sort of closure with Yamato at the end of the arc like he always does before he leaves.
tldr: I suggest people to stop paying attention to the marketing team hyping up shit and actually read the story outside of fandom bubble to look at things more clearly.

Last edited:
Why is Carrot the only Kingbird with Wanda ?
Why is Carrot the only Mink seemingly able to float without Sulong ?
Why does Carrot has a green Cape and not a blue one?

If there is no mystery in Carrot for you, I bet you can answer ALL these questions easily.
1. Because she's more important than any of the other minks besides Pedro and the dukes. It's not really something that needs to be explained.

2. Because she's a rabbit mink and it fits thematically. Also Neko can fly for some reason but we're not expecting a back story on that.

3. Literally the most random and irrelevant question. Probably just to seperate her from the pack since she was going to stick around for a couple of arcs. She didn't have any focus in Zou, so Oda probably gave her a few things to stick out. Oda could also simply clarify in an SBS that Carrot's favorite color is green so she got a green cape. We hardly need a full character arc because of this.
Some context:

You don't take two parameters into question: The experience of Oda and the time passed since the last strawhat.

We are not in the real of simple village anymore, we are in a battle were dozens of character are thrown into the mix with multiple possibilities and good candidates.

Oda has been focused on subverting expectation on EVERY corner of his story, sometimes without success but some other time with darn good one. If that's not by recruiting someone specific, it will be by the manner it is done. And right now this is not about the manner, but about the "who"

"WHO" will be the next strawhat after Jinbe? This question is EVERY WHERE. Even in the official "blog". The question of "who" is not just a play anymore, it's the future fudging biggest revelation in the darn story!!

And Oda knows that. He know that people are making theories and assumptions about dozen of character and he knows about the present hype surrounding Yamato. Why do you think that character by herself gets more clout that even Oden did at the time ? Oda knows how much people are rooting for Carrot, for Yamato or even for Law.. and he is playing with that since the beginning.

Now the question is, do you REALLY think Oda would be that obvious for such a revelation ? Look at all the biggest revelation in the last decade or so.. Raizo is Safe / The time travel / The smiles.. Do you think Oda would just pass on the opportunity to surprise people on the biggest question the fan are discussing about?

Oda is clever, sometimes even too clever for his own good, and he likes to show off.. so the answer is.. nah he would never pass on such an opportunity.

Yup it's more likely. Because of what I just said. (even if most of what you said is wrong of course)
This is a bad faith argument. You know we literally just got Jinbei, and this question was already all the rage then. Jinbei was obvious just like the rest. Also, the idea that Oda is going to change his formula all of a sudden is nothing but a theory. All of the arguments for Carrot and against Yamato are theories, while the arguments for Yamato and against Carrot are based on actual things that happened on panel. I'm going to trust the manga over fan theories.
This sounds a little obnoxious not gonna lie
I responded strongly because when people come in here and post crackpot theories in favor of Yamato, people generalize and think the whole fanbase believes that stuff. But which parts in particular did you think were obnoxious? I'd rather not come across that way in the future.

Yamao's existed for 50 chapters during which she's had practically zero interactions (meaningful or otherwise) with the crew, despite countless opportunities to do so.
Yeah it's been more than a year and a half, I feel like Oda is trolling at this point or something. How are you going to make a new family member if they still don't even know each other by the time the arc reached it's climax already? I've never seen that before from Oda which is understandable because it's simply not a very good writing. You bond with your nanakama through the hardships, by fighting alongside and for each other, no? I want to know what Oda's thinking, he is probably sitting there in his studio and cackling. Or not. Idk lol. You can compare the situation with Brook of course but Brook had a nice chapter of bonding time abroad the Sunny with all the Straw Hats at the very beginning of the Thriller bark before he ran away.

D

Deleted member 10278

You don’t go and have the next Straw Hat spend almost all of their notable panel time with Momo and then have them hop on to the Sunny like that. Yamato already doesn’t fit when it comes to the crew dynamics, but even if we were to assume that Oda is throwing that away all together, her not spending any time with the other Straw Hats with this much time elapsed is a glaring hole when it comes to her chances. Atleast Carrot has that on lock, it’s far more likely for her to have a meaningful interaction with Luffy than Yamato interact with the rest of the crew or some of them at this point.

That and the fact that her dreams can be accomplished without joining the Straw Hats really weighs her down overall. Don’t know why some people think she’s already booked for joining when she’s been such a shaky candidate and the last several chapters have cemented that.

How are you going to make a new family member if they still don't even know each other by the time the arc reached it's climax already?
Exactly lmao. People mistakingly believe that the only thing you need to join the crew is for Luffy to want you. And whilst that's true on paper since Luffy's the captain, the reality is that the straw hats are a group of extremely close friends. A family. There's a reason Oda takes care to have not only Luffy, but the rest of the crew be friends with the future nakama too. They need to feel like and get on with the rest of the family once they join. Not just with Luffy.

Even with Robin who was purposefully supposed to be distant and a mystery to the crew, Oda still had her meet everyone in her intro so they at least knew who she was. You can go through each member and see how they were already familiar and interacted with the crew well before joining:
And these are just the casual interactions. All of them also have more personal and meaningful interactions with some members too. But that's just how Oda does things. They'll feel like a crew member before they even join. Slotting in right alongside them and their dynamics. Having an ongoing relationship with the crew right up until the end of the arc where they make it official.

A little something like what we're seeing with a certain bunny character...
Yamao being a complete and utter stranger to the straw hats a whopping 50 chapters after her intro is extremely strange. But when you consider that all the interactions she should've been having with the crew are instead happening with Momo and Shinobu, everything starts to make sense regarding her character's future.

Last edited:
Comparing a huge arc like Wano/Onigashima arc to Thriller Bark is beyond stupid. Wano/Onigashima itself has 2 Yonkous and more than half of Supernovas involved. Many characters are also introduced in the same arc, many fights that even Oda has to rush things up.

And still with the fact that after 3 chapter releases before break and Carrot is nowhere to be seen, again, means that Oda pretty much doesn’t give a fuck with what Carrot does. The arc is still on going, everything can still happen. Instead of having anti-Yamato arguments, Carrot fans should be more worried with Carrot’s non-existence.

Not to mention also showing a non-canon Nami & Carrot combined attack in anime is just plain stupid as well. If we want to use anime, Nami saw Luffy & Yamato got thrown into the hall through the walls after Yamato’s cuffs exploded, which means that Nami knows at least Yamato’s appearance. Not just Nami, but also other Straw Hats who were waiting in the same room. I actually don’t want to use the same anime argument which is filled with many filler scenes, but I thought I had to make the comparison. NGL using anime argument makes me as stupid as some coping-Carrot fans, but it’s using their logic against them. Imagine having so much double standards with delusions. Even going so low by bringing Oda’s real life daughter as a headcanon argument. Logical fallacy at its best

I thought this thread was getting better or at least smarter but there’s totally nothing new besides dumb as fuck arguments as coping mechanism again and again. Empty vessels make the most noise indeed

Last edited:
1 - Because Carrot is not unique, so she is a king bird, as wanda. (Wanda also was with carrot when jimbe appeared)
2 - Because she can jump so high and sulong makes it better
3 - Because Carrot is like vivi and they had a special colour. Pedro is pell 2.0.

I agree with you. But this is One Piece. Look at kanjuro, and kinnemon, and kiku who needs help, and pound etc etc etc
Lol you did not reply to any question here xD

1. Because she's more important than any of the other minks besides Pedro and the dukes. It's not really something that needs to be explained.

2. Because she's a rabbit mink and it fits thematically. Also Neko can fly for some reason but we're not expecting a back story on that.

3. Literally the most random and irrelevant question. Probably just to seperate her from the pack since she was going to stick around for a couple of arcs. She didn't have any focus in Zou, so Oda probably gave her a few things to stick out. Oda could also simply clarify in an SBS that Carrot's favorite color is green so she got a green cape. We hardly need a full character arc because of this.

This is a bad faith argument. You know we literally just got Jinbei, and this question was already all the rage then. Jinbei was obvious just like the rest. Also, the idea that Oda is going to change his formula all of a sudden is nothing but a theory. All of the arguments for Carrot and against Yamato are theories, while the arguments for Yamato and against Carrot are based on actual things that happened on panel. I'm going to trust the manga over fan theories.
Same, you did not answer, you just said "because". Those are not answers.

For the Jinbe argument, note than Jinbe was not that obvious until Luffy invited him. I remember having the same kind of discussions, trying to convince people that Jinbe was gonna join.. not that easy. Plus, Jinbe's recrutment was just a question of time since that moment.

The next Mugiwara has been a question in all fan's mind since then, and again, Oda knows it.
Post automatically merged:

Comparing a huge arc like Wano/Onigashima arc to Thriller Bark is beyond stupid. Wano/Onigashima itself has 2 Yonkous and more than half of Supernovas involved. Many characters are also introduced in the same arc, many fights that even Oda has to rush things up.

And still with the fact that after 3 chapter releases before break and Carrot is nowhere to be seen, again, means that Oda pretty much doesn’t give a fuck with what Carrot does. The arc is still on going, everything can still happen. Instead of having anti-Yamato arguments, Carrot fans should be more worried with Carrot’s non-existence.

Not to mention also showing a non-canon Nami & Carrot combined attack in anime is just plain stupid as well. If we want to use anime, Nami saw Luffy & Yamato got thrown into the hall through the walls after Yamato’s cuffs exploded, which means that Nami knows at least Yamato’s appearance. Not just Nami, but also other Straw Hats who were waiting in the same room. I actually don’t want to use the same anime argument which is filled with many filler scenes, but I thought I had to make the comparison. NGL using anime argument makes me as stupid as some coping-Carrot fans, but it’s using their logic against them. Imagine having so much double standards with delusions

I thought this thread was getting better or at least smarter but there’s totally nothing new besides dumb as fuck arguments as coping mechanism again and again. Empty vessels make the most noise indeed
Saying that we can't compare two arc because of their importance IS meaningless

D

Deleted member 10278

stupid as some coping-Carrot fans
Imagine having so much double standards with delusions

Carrot fan this and Carrot fan that, you gotta chillax bro lmao, got me weak there for a sec. Don’t gotta be a Carrot fan or a Yamato fan to question Yamato’s candidacy or lack there of.

Lol you did not reply to any question here xD

Same, you did not answer, you just said "because". Those are not answers.

For the Jinbe argument, note than Jinbe was not that obvious until Luffy invited him. I remember having the same kind of discussions, trying to convince people that Jinbe was gonna join.. not that easy. Plus, Jinbe's recrutment was just a question of time since that moment.

The next Mugiwara has been a question in all fan's mind since then, and again, Oda knows it.

Saying that we can't compare two arc because of their importance IS meaningless
like everything you said is meaningless. Glad you noticed that and reflected it by yourself

I agree and you don't have to be a Yamato fan to see that Carrot is off the list, she's a bad side character through and through..
Wrong ^^

Can any Carrot supporter provide a panel of the rabbit interacting with the non-WCI Straw Hats?? Please note that “interacting” means “having a substantial conversation with another person,” not “standing around while the other characters are doing the same,” so none of your usual bullshit, please.
Why do you need specificly a non WCI strawhat ? Seems like you are going for a bad faith argument here

Carrot fan this and Carrot fan that, you gotta chillax bro lmao, got me weak there for a sec. Don’t gotta be a Carrot fan or a Yamato fan to question Yamato’s candidacy or lack there of.
See how this thread went far before you joined, and you don’t need to be a professional to read that there’s literally someone using “Carrot4nakama” as his username and posting anti-Yamato theories because of his insecurities as his favorite character is threatened. At least you should literate yourself first before embarrassing yourself

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yamao's existed for 50 chapters during which she's had practically zero interactions (meaningful or otherwise) with the crew, despite countless opportunities to do so.
Carrot’s been around for more than 200 chapters and everyone else in the fandom can tell she’s done even less, we’re just waiting for you kids to finally catch up.

Carrot fans are like high school football players who grow into unremarkable adults - they cling to the most minuscule accomplishments from their past when they were big fish in small ponds while totally ignoring the pathetic state of their case in the present. The rabbit went Sulong and broke a steering wheel off a ship almost four years ago and the lowest common diznominator is still jizzing in his pants while Yamato continues stealing the spotlight, it’s really getting sad to watch :doffycry:

Carrot’s been around for more than 200 chapters and everyone else in the fandom can tell she’s done even less, we’re just waiting for you kids to finally catch up.

Carrot fans are like high school football players who grow into unremarkable adults - they cling to the most minuscule accomplishments from their past when they were big fish in small ponds while totally ignoring the pathetic state of their case in the present. The rabbit went Sulong and broke a steering wheel off a ship almost four years ago and the lowest common diznominator is still jizzing in his pants while Yamato continues stealing the spotlight, it’s really getting sad to watch :doffycry:
You don't get more toxic than that lol

How much time do you think Oda spent planning her character?

Bland rabbit design ✅
Flat boring name ✅
Unoriginal stereotype personality '' cheerful, cute, melee fighter, fearless '' ✅
Uninspired rehashed '' wonder '' theme ✅
Used 95 percent of the time as mindless background character ✅
No Quirk of her own ✅

D

Deleted member 10278

See how this thread went far before you joined. At least you should literate yourself first before embarrassing yourself
Been on the thread before bruv but never really ventured into it like that for my own well being. I just found your post funny as there is like probably 2 legit Carrot fans on the entire forum, carry on tho I didn’t mean no disrespect lol.

How much time do you think Oda spent planning her character?

Bland rabbit design ✅
Flat boring name ✅
Unoriginal stereotype personality '' cheerful, cute, melee fighter, fearless '' ✅
Uninspired rehashed '' wonder '' theme ✅
Used 95 percent of the time as mindless background character ✅
No Quirk of her own ✅
You are repeating the same exact post someone just made a few page back.. Please some originality for Oda's sake !

I won't reply to you, I already did the last time, go search for it.

Trust me, I could give a shit about toxicity…you haven’t been around long enough to know that dizzy’s openly admitted to holding nothing sacred and only coming here to get dunked on relentlessly, and I am happy to oblige.
Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.