Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much time do you think Oda spent planning her character?

Bland rabbit design ✅
Flat boring name ✅
Unoriginal stereotype personality '' cheerful, cute, melee fighter, fearless '' ✅
Uninspired rehashed '' wonder '' theme ✅
Used 95 percent of the time as mindless background character ✅
No Quirk of her own ✅
in fact with her first appearance where she wore orange short dress & green cape, is the literal vegetable itself. Compare with Yamato. Carrot wore simple short dress & simple cape with typical plain boots; with Yamato who wore Hannya mask, and Yamato’s clothes with details like nio-daisuki and detailed wisp-like patterns mean something. Even with diamond shaped pattern on Yamato’s chest. We can see which one Oda put more effort into designing. I clearly can see why they don’t want to use Carrot’s first appearance with Yamato’s first appearance.

Sorry, all of you look like the same to me: Toxicity, bias argumentation, disregard for the story

And yes I stand by it, her design is really good.
That's not an argument, here's an argument, nothing standout about Carrot that's how uninspired she is..

Atleast Carrot has that on lock, it’s far more likely for her to have a meaningful interaction with Luffy than Yamato interact with the rest of the crew or some of them at this point.
Actually i would say the opposite, it's far more likely that Yamato has interaction with the rest of the crew than Carrot having a meaningful interaction with Luffy cause everyone knows it's never going to happen..

That's not an argument, here's an argument, nothing standout about Carrot that's how uninspired she is..
Carrot is litterally all white. Which contrast with all the minks and all the strawhats. Again, her design is simple but efficient and good. Saying that C arrot's design is not inspired is not really an argument at all bro

Yamao's existed for 50 chapters during which she's had practically zero interactions (meaningful or otherwise) with the crew, despite countless opportunities to do so. It's not like Oda's purposefully avoiding having her meet them either since she ran into Franky for a seconds. Just that he has no need to have Yamao properly bond with any of them. That bonding time is reserved for Momo, Shinobu and Wano bound characters. Oda always has future nakama interact with the rest of the crew well before joining, so this is yet another big red flag.
You mean like how Robin barely interacted with all of the crew before Vivi left?

Let’s see:

plain cape, plain dress, plain boots. The only details Oda gave were the cross seams on the side of her dress.

I guess it doesn’t need to be explained on how Oda put effort and details on Yamato.

both are from the same first introduction, with the same introduction name board. You don’t need to be an artist to see which one Oda prefers and put his details into, right?

D

Deleted member 10278

Actually i would say the opposite, it's far more likely that Yamato has interaction with the rest of the crew than Carrot having a meaningful interaction with Luffy cause everyone knows it's never going to happen.
As things stand now, the end of Wano is on the horizon and the last fights save Luffy vs Kaido are about to wrap up. And in the last stretch Yamato continues to be with Momo, as was the case for most of her panel time so far and Carrot just needs one meaningful interaction with Luffy that would facilitate her joining the crew. That’s gonna take far less time than Yamato just being introduced to the rest of the crew at the finish line. Do the math, one is obviously more feasible than the other. Does it happen? I got no clue what Oda’s gonna do, Carrot’s been MIA for most of the arc but its no guarantee that she’s outta of the picture until the clock is up because the difference in fit with the crew dynamics is night and day.

Let’s see:

plain cape, plain dress, plain boots. The only details Oda gave were the cross seams on the side of her dress.

I guess it doesn’t need to be explained on how Oda put effort and details on Yamato.

both are from the same first introduction, with the same introduction name board. You don’t need to be an artist to see which one Oda prefers and put his details into, right?
You should know that a good design doesn't always come with big details. In fact the design of Yamato is a bit fusy and all about Oden. It's not "personnal".

You should know that a good design doesn't always come with big details. In fact the design of Yamato is a bit fusy and all about Oden. It's not "personnal".
and you who claimed yourself as an artist, should know the difference of which one Oda puts his effort more from one another. You said Yamato’s design is too fussy & all about Oden, means that you’re indirectly saying you’re more artistic than Oda; which I highly doubt if you are more an artist than Oda. I actually want to say for you to deal with the reality, but I remember it’s you I’m arguing with. The one with the biggest delusion here.

Last edited:
and you who claimed yourself as an artist, should know the difference of which one Oda puts his effort more from one another. You said Yamato’s design is too fussy & all about Oden, indirectly means that you’re saying you’re more artistic than Oda; which I highly doubt. I actually want to say for you to deal with the reality, but I remember it’s you I’m arguing with. The one with the biggest delusion here.
Lmao. No, I just meant that the design of Yamato is SUPPOSED to be fuzzy and all about Oden. Yamato is a confused individual, so of course his design ressemble that. Now, is that a good thing ? Nat really. A clear design is always prefered, but it's okay

in fact with her first appearance where she wore orange short dress & green cape, is the literal vegetable itself. Compare with Yamato. Carrot wore simple short dress & simple cape with typical plain boots; with Yamato who wore Hannya mask, and Yamato’s clothes with details like nio-daisuki and detailed wisp-like patterns mean something. Even with diamond shaped pattern on Yamato’s chest. We can see which one Oda put more effort into designing. I clearly can see why they don’t want to use Carrot’s first appearance with Yamato’s first appearance.
Ohh, i see it now, she should have been called SuperCarrot..

As things stand now, the end of Wano is on the horizon and the last fights save Luffy vs Kaido are about to wrap up. And in the last stretch Yamato continues to be with Momo, as was the case for most of her panel time so far and Carrot just needs one meaningful interaction with Luffy that would facilitate her joining the crew. That’s gonna take far less time than Yamato just being introduced to the rest of the crew at the finish line. Do the math, one is obviously more feasible than the other. Does it happen? I got no clue what Oda’s gonna do, Carrot’s been MIA for most of the arc but its no guarantee that she’s outta of the picture until the clock is up because the difference in fit with the crew dynamics is night and day.
Wano won't end until Yamato resolve her Oden persona..
Carrot's spent most of her panel time in the series as a tree, why would she get a meaningful interaction with Luffy?
It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of wether is will happen or not based on relevancy.. Carrot is an irrelevant character overall, there's no point for her to have a meaningful moment with Luffy.. Yamato can or can not fullfil her Strawhat interaction, it's of no consequence since Carrot won't get a significant moment with Luffy.. Every character in the series fit with the crew dynamics, it's not a pro Carrot argument..

Ohh, i see it now, she should have been called SuperCarrot..

Wano won't end until Yamato resolve her Oden persona..
Carrot's spent most of her panel time in the series as a tree, why would she get a meaningful interaction with Luffy?
It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of wether is will happen or not based on relevancy.. Carrot is an irrelevant character overall, there's no point for her to have a meaningful moment with Luffy.. Yamato can or can not fullfil her Strawhat interaction, it's of no consequence since Carrot won't get a significant moment with Luffy.. Every character in the series fit with the crew dynamics, it's not a pro Carrot argument..
So your argument is.. Carrot will be irrelevant because she was irrelevant.. Kind of a circular argument don't you think ?
Carrot has as much chances as Yamato to have a moment with Luffy right now, but remember, a moment with Luffy can come at the very moment of her recrutment.

The maths would say that the character who is more obviously feasible to join would be the one who literally said “I‘m going out to sea with Luffy!”

Status
Not open for further replies.