News Officially NEW ONE PIECE FILM:RED

Shanks hype lets goooo

My top 5 character

That being said I hope the film doesn't reveal too much, I still wanna his story being revealed in the manga
I'm rolling with others here and assuming it's a new villain who has a grudge against Shanks (I.e. former Yonko).

While the Manga may end the fight with Kaido next year, Anime fans won't see Kaido lose by this movie date, so it makes sense to have Luffy defeat a former Yonko/silver medalist.

G

Gorosei Informer

Suddenly the chances of Blackbeard offscreening Shanks skyrocket.

So Oda gives the dude a movie in order to milk a little bit of his hype, since there will be none inside the main story.

Sadness and pain. :pepehands:
@Bakazuki Bakainu

This is getting real old real fast.

:seriously::lusalty:

I refuse to believe that stupid Will of Doomer/Defeatist theory/trope/cliche will happen personally.
Oda is not like other writers, he's full of surprises and very unique.

That said, the quality of the story has gotten much worse, we've got all these shitty death fake outs, offscreening, fake death news with Sabo (it BETTER be fake news) and silhouette fetishism.

Now Shanks's big move is a movie instead? Is it gonna be canon then? How the fuck is this gonna work? We're not gonna get Shanks backstory in the manga? We're gonna to have to rely on extra merch like this movie, light novels, databases, vivre cards etc instead? Oda milking the extremely long awaited for Shanks? Will Vegapunk get a similar treatment then?

So the SH initial teaser spelt OP Film Soon I'm guessing then? And the important letters being red was actually the name of the movie?

Fuck, I really don't know what to feel about this, what to think but honestly I really don't like where this is going. But finally getting more Shanks content and an actual focus on him at a movie quality, as an actual movie even ofc, will be amazing at least.

What next, OP Film Black for Blackbeard?

Last edited by a moderator:
the film will surely take place in the past to show us how teach made shanks scar and how he became yonko

chronological event
1.execution of roger
2.shanks builds his crew
3.shanks vs mihawk
4.teach makes shanks scar
5.shanks meets luffy
6.shanks 6 years later beats an opponent and becomes yonko
7.its relationship with the WG

This was @Tyki_Mikk 's idea initially, he brought up the idea of one of the previous yonko being the villain of the movie.

Shanks could've taken their spot 6 years ago so we'll see them resurfacing like with every other villain in an OP movie. Oda also brings up the idea of him having had enough of these legendary old geezers, so this character could be a female too. Though I'm still not convinced if that would make Shanks central enough to that movie given the title is only based on him.

Luffy can't meet Shanks even in Non-Canon before it happens in Canon to fulfill their Promise
So this could mean one of two things, either Shanks will appear but won't meet Luffy in this Movie, indicating that it's about a Villain related to Shanks (Maybe someone that Shanks Defeated which made him more Famous, such as Garp stopping Rocks).
Or it means that Luffy will meet Shanks soon in Manga, most probably right after Raid, which allows them to Team-Up in Movie.

G

Gorosei Informer

Stop with the Shanks dying/offscreen nonsense:

He's not being offscreened or dying by blackbeards hand. He's a far more important character than Blackbeard. Sick of seeing this "Shanks = Dumbledore" mentality we have of the character. He isn't Luffy's mentor, he never was. If you want to expect a character to be killed off, assume Luffy's "Dumbledore" is Rayleigh, not Shanks.

edit: mods deleting pics? One minute they are there and next they aren't
Thank you, seriously.

I'm fucking sick of people calling for his death and gloating at the opportunity of it. Even just "joking" about it.

Do people really not fucking understand Shanks role and importance in the story and to Luffy? Do they think Oda is some talentless, lazy, unimaginative hack who will offscreen a character who has been there from the fucking BEGINNING of the story 24 YEARS AGO and is extremely important to Luffy and the world of OP itself and its lore/world building?

The ignorance is fucking astounding. I'm sorry for all the expletives and anger but this is genuinely sickening me.

I genuinely think they just want him dead whether its out of jealousy or and enjoying the schadenfreude of watching his fans suffer.

Rayleigh is definitely befitting of Dumbledore as well as Qui-Gon Jinn I think his name was? Well said anyway. I could see Rayleigh potentially dying one way another but ideally after seeing Luffy become PK, get the OP, achieve world freedom, unity, peace etc and seeing Roger truly living on in Luffy once and for all.
At that point, I could see Rayleigh finally letting go and going to the great pirate heaven in the sky to reunite with his beloved captain after so long and missing him so much.

Garp is the one who will get a tragic, shocking death imo. There's very strong reasoning for it and I rather he lives ofc but it may happen unfortunately. It will probs be to Akainu too most likely or maybe Blackbeard or Imu ofc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop with the Shanks dying/offscreen nonsense:

He's not being offscreened or dying by blackbeards hand. He's a far more important character than Blackbeard. Sick of seeing this "Shanks = Dumbledore" mentality we have of the character. He isn't Luffy's mentor, he never was. If you want to expect a character to be killed off, assume Luffy's "Dumbledore" is Rayleigh, not Shanks.

edit: mods deleting pics? One minute they are there and next they aren't
Couldn't have said it better.

G

Gorosei Informer

This was @Tyki_Mikk 's idea initially, he brought up the idea of one of the previous yonko being the villain of the movie.

Shanks could've taken their spot 6 years ago so we'll see them resurfacing like with every other villain in an OP movie. Oda also brings up the idea of him having had enough of these legendary old geezers, so this character could be a female too. Though I'm still not convinced if that would make Shanks central enough to that movie given the title is only based on him.
A former Yonko would be cool. Kinda makes me think of the Kenpachi system in Bleach too then.

A female character would be great but it would mean a female Emperor got dethroned by Shanks and thus all the Shanks slandering ignorant idiots will use it to downplay her too.

It also means Oda downplaying another female character and ruining her like he and Horikoshi, Kishimoto and Kubo all love to do. Somehow I swear Mashima feels like the one to treat female characters the best out if all of these authors which really doesn't seem right but that's a whole other topic for another thread not here ofc.

I have really enjoyed the OP films except for all of Bullet in Stampede, the Broly wannabe, so I'm still optimistic about this film.

We better not be be getting baited with Shanks too and he's only he's only cameo or mentioned by others.

:lusalty::gonope::neesama::josad:

Thank you, seriously.

I'm fucking sick of people calling for his death and gloating at the opportunity of it. Even just "joking" about it.

Do people really not fucking understand Shanks role and importance in the story and to Luffy? Do they think Oda is some talentless, lazy, unimaginative hack who will offscreen a character who has been there from the fucking BEGINNING of the story 24 YEARS AGO and is extremely important to Luffy and the world of OP itself and its lore/world building?

The ignorance is fucking astounding. I'm sorry for all the expletives and anger but this is genuinely sickening me.

I genuinely think they just want him dead whether its out of jealousy or and enjoying the schadenfreude of watching his fans suffer.

Rayleigh is definitely befitting of Dumblredore as well as Qui Gon Jin I think his name was? Well said. I could see Rayleigh potentially dying one way another but ideally after seeing Luffy become PK, get the OP, achieve world freedom, unity, peace etc and seeing Roger truly living on in Luffy oncevand for all.
At that point, I could see Rayleigh finally letting go and going to the great pirate heaven in the sky to reunite with his beloved captain after so long and missing him so much.

Garp is the one who will get a tragic, shocking death imo. There's very strong reasoning for it and I rather he lives ofc but it may happen unfortunately. It will probs be to Akainu too most likely or maybe Blackbeard or Imu ofc.
It's either the opposing fandoms or people who want the series to go down the drain just because they have overly critical stance on it presently. Like, how can one be disingenuous to the point that they think such a pivotal subplot involving Shanks and major part of his character arc would be entirely offscreened?

Last edited: