News Officially NEW ONE PIECE FILM:RED

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

This is getting real old real fast.

:seriously::lusalty:

I refuse to believe that stupid Will of Doomer/Defeatist theory/trope/cliche will happen personally.
Oda is not like other writers, he's full of surprises and very unique.

That said, the quality of the story has gotten much worse, we've got all these shitty death fake outs, offscreening, fake death news with Sabo (it BETTER be fake news) and silhouette fetishism.

Now Shanks's big move is a movie instead? Is it gonna be canon then? How the fuck is this gonna work? We're not gonna get Shanks backstory in the manga? We're gonna to have to rely on extra merch like this movie, light novels, databases, vivre cards etc instead? Oda milking the extremely long awaited for Shanks? Will Vegapunk get a similar treatment then?

So the SH initial teaser spelt OP Film Soon I'm guessing then? And the important letters being red was actually the name of the movie?

Fuck, I really don't know what to feel about this, what to think but honestly I really don't like where this is going. But finally getting more Shanks content and an actual focus on him at a movie quality, as an actual movie even ofc, will be amazing at least.

What next, OP Film Black for Blackbeard?
OP film for the Revo Army vs the World Gov.
:lulz:

I'm rolling with others here and assuming it's a new villain who has a grudge against Shanks (I.e. former Yonko).

While the Manga may end the fight with Kaido next year, Anime fans won't see Kaido lose by this movie date, so it makes sense to have Luffy defeat a former Yonko/silver medalist.
Why have a title after shanks with? Called red and scars in it it's a character related to shanks inatead of shanks himself.

It's like calliing film gold but Tesoro not be the villain. Or film Z but not about Zephyr.
Post automatically merged:

Suddenly the chances of Blackbeard offscreening Shanks skyrocket.

So Oda gives the dude a movie in order to milk a little bit of his hype, since there will be none inside the main story.

Sadness and pain. :pepehands:
@Bakazuki Bakainu
Well at least we get to see Shanks in movie quality before he gets off screened by BB. Better that than getting a 100 chapter arc with Rebeca equivalent characters dragging it.

G

Gorosei Informer

It's either the opposing fandoms or people who want the series to go down the drain just because they have overly critical stance on it presently. Like, how can one be disingenuous to the point that they think a pivotal involving Shanks and major part of his character arc would be entirely offscreened?
Exactly! Thank you! It's such a bleak/cynical/pessimistic etc outlook too. Oda won't even commit to killing minor characters right now. Yasuie and Pedro were killed off sure, BUT how many characters have cheated death by comparison in post TS and especially in these YONKO arcs of all arcs too?! LMFAO!

He could kill Shanks sure, BUT I've heard he regrets killing off WB and Ace, I'm not sure if that is true but all this posthumous Ace and WB content and wank we're getting, along with Sabos "1st death" getting retconned (He was declared dead in the Green Databook, take that as you will) and thus Sabos role as an Ace 2.0 seems to allude to this. Hell, I think Weevil wasn't planned and he's been added as a pseudo replacement for WB imo.
Oda even made us think Oden was alive lately and he blatantly loves Oden too ofc.

Someone said, Oda doesn't kill off characters unless he feels he cannot or doesn't want to do anymore with them and that sounds right. They also said, he will go on a massacre of characters at EOS as its the final, ultimate war and it needs to have the most serious, highest stakes and bloodshed realistically.

But given how much of a completely insulting mess this arc with not one but 2 YONKOS is and how is making a mockery of deaths, final stands and sacrifices in it, I'm skeptical that no more than a few named characters will die by the end of OP.

On a final note, for anyone familiar with Jojo, that series handles deaths extremely well and I wish I had chosen it for @solis 's best death/sacrifice contest atm, I really regret it now.

There was one thing I really didn't like with Jojo and its how it handled
Avdol and both of his "deaths".
Sabo feels like a potential repeat of that now.

Why have a title after shanks with? Called red and scars in it it's a character related to shanks inatead of shanks himself.

It's like calliing film gold but Tesoro not be the villain. Or film Z but not about Zephyr.

Well at least we get to see Shanks in movie quality before he gets off screened by BB. Better that than getting a 100 chapter arc with Rebeca equivalent characters dragging it.
I mean possibly but it doesn't make sense for Luffy and Shanks to meet again until the main story does it. You would entirely ruin the premise of them meeting and/or fighting if you show it in a non-canon film first.

Exactly! Thank you! It's such a bleak/cynical/pessimistic etc outlook too. Oda won't even commit to killing minor characters right now. Yasuie and Pedro were killed off sure, BUT how many characters have cheated death by comparison in post TS
"Post TS"
Name one character that died Pre TS aside from Ace and Whitebeard. I dare you.

I mean possibly but it doesn't make sense for Luffy and Shanks to meet again until the main story does it. You would entirely ruin the premise of them meeting and/or fighting if you show it in a non-canon film first.
We aren't sure the events that would unfuld by the next year tho. Luffy and Shanks may have a short meeting in Canon story and their fight skipped for the movie, moving on to the endgame content with the manga then instead.

Thank you, seriously.

I'm fucking sick of people calling for his death and gloating at the opportunity of it. Even just "joking" about it.

Do people really not fucking understand Shanks role and importance in the story and to Luffy? Do they think Oda is some talentless, lazy, unimaginative hack who will offscreen a character who has been there from the fucking BEGINNING of the story 24 YEARS AGO and is extremely important to Luffy and the world of OP itself and its lore/world building?

The ignorance is fucking astounding. I'm sorry for all the expletives and anger but this is genuinely sickening me.

I genuinely think they just want him dead whether its out of jealousy or and enjoying the schadenfreude of watching his fans suffer.

Rayleigh is definitely befitting of Dumbledore as well as Qui-Gon Jinn I think his name was? Well said anyway. I could see Rayleigh potentially dying one way another but ideally after seeing Luffy become PK, get the OP, achieve world freedom, unity, peace etc and seeing Roger truly living on in Luffy once and for all.
At that point, I could see Rayleigh finally letting go and going to the great pirate heaven in the sky to reunite with his beloved captain after so long and missing him so much.

Garp is the one who will get a tragic, shocking death imo. There's very strong reasoning for it and I rather he lives ofc but it may happen unfortunately. It will probs be to Akainu too most likely or maybe Blackbeard or Imu ofc.
What's amazing to me is people apparently not reading the same manga as us. Luffy has stated multiple times he wants to fight shanks. Shanks very clearly in the panels we have of him (i.e. his face) indicate the same to Luffy. Then you have Odens flashback and his meeting with the Gorosei that very clearly has Shanks acting mysterious or OoC.

And I agree with that sentiment about Garp.

We aren't sure the events that would unfuld by the next year tho. Luffy and Shanks may have a short meeting in Canon story and their fight skipped for the movie, moving on to the endgame content with the manga then instead.
That's assuming Wano is done by next August lol

G

Gorosei Informer

"Post TS"
Name one character that died Pre TS aside from Ace and Whitebeard. I dare you.
Redundant question is redundant. We both know the answer to that already, that's why Marineford was a complete game changer that the post TS still hasn't lived up to.

Granted Oda is actually killing off characters now but only minor ones so far and hes still making so many of them cheat death which is the main problem I was talking about originally.

I'll give you that, pre TS had no deaths aside from flashbacks until Ace and WB but isn't ironic the story was much better then too? Without deaths, it still was much better than it is now? In fact the death baiting is what's ruining the story more than anything now.

Now you've justifyingly corrected me on that aspect, pointed that out and now put me in my pace so to speak, do you feel superior and smug? It's OK if you do, I dare you even.

Post TS is still a crappy mess even if Pre TS refused to kill off characters too. You cant change that. The death baiting is not the only issues with it either. Far from it.

This is getting way off topic though anyway so I rather debate this else where if still needed.

Huh.

Count me as someone who’s not expecting much from this.

This is not a Strong World situation where Oda is super involved- he’s seen the script, he’s not written it himself. So don’t expect any huge reveals about Shanks, we might get a tease, but nothing more.

And Luffy and Shanks’ reunion- well, it better not happen in a fucking movie, or that will be an atrocious decision.

I suspect this is going to be a film where the (potentially semi-canon) bad guy has a relation to Shanks and that maybe in the end something will happen so that Luffy doesn‘t beat him but Shanks instead takes over. Think the end of Z where it turns into Z vs Kizaru. Hype Shanks for him coming into the manga soon without it being that important.

would anyone care about that when Luffy is fighting an actual yonko right now tho?
They does not make movie for people to care but to gain money.
Luffy beating a big bad (who ever that is) with a ton of fan service ( with secondary characters cameo and new attacks for the M3) will earn more money than Shanks backstory :kayneshrug:

Storywise « Stampede » was the worst of the four last movie but it is the one who earn the most money.

S

SwordMaster

No way this is a shanks movie don't dream about it. Without luffy we don't see any op film.
Luffy and shanks didn't meet again yet in manga.

I think main villain is related to shanks.