Powers & Abilities CoC has been badly handled by Oda

i think the use of coc coating justifies why its been feared a lot more than influencing others or knocking out fodder.
it however is poorly explained
would be great if databooks can go in depth with this
Post automatically merged:

"CoC has been badly handled by Oda"

Why?

"Because he gave it to Zoro now and I don't like it."

Just come out the closet fella
thats not what is being said at all.

Last edited:

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman
โ€Ž
Jesus fucking christ. Not everything is about Zoro! No one gives enough of a shit about Zoro to make a Haki complaint thread just for him

There have been dozens of threads bitching about how terribly the Haki system has been handled before Advanced COC and there will be dozens more after as Oda continues to throw the kitchen sink into a poorly explained system.
Yall clearly do. Why wasnt this thread made 1 week ago. Or where we seen Yamato use it? :gokulaugh:
but Zoro gets it and oonga boonga CoC is a mess thread is created. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
โ€Ž
This thread was pretty good until it got ruined with the Zoro stuff. Like, keep the Zoro shit out of here LOL.

Anyway, I agree with this thread. While the concepts of haki is potent, the execution is just bad like many people said. If you were to ask my opinion, it would have better if Adv CoC wasn't introduced in this arc and have it explained in the next arc (let's say Elbaf) cuz that's where most people speculate that Shanks will be there and he can shows the full capability of Conqueror's Haki since he's considered the strongest CoC user alive right now. And have CoA be the focused themed haki of this arc instead. Like WCI for Future Sight, Internal Destruction for Wano and Advanced Conqueror for Elbaf. The main opponents in Wano arc is the Beast Pirates where Kaido, King, Queen, Jack, etc. are all endurance and durability freaks, so it makes sense for Adv CoA to be the main weapon against them. But oh well.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
โ€Ž
Haki is alright. It is actually one of my favourite power system in manga. My issue is Oda not giving a proper explanation or letting us get accustomed to one form before bring up another.
There is also Oda's nonsense about internal destruction, One minute, Luffy needs internal destruction to defeat Kaido, the very next he needs adcoc cos internal destruction is apparently too shallow like wtf.
The most annoying part of all this, we have coupla conquerors on both sides and they aren't using it to trim down the other sides foot soldiers like didn't Luffy clear like 50,000 fishmen the other day:kaidowhat:
Post automatically merged:

We all knew it was going to be like this they are just salty the zorotards were right yet again.
Just look at all the haki threads they made to cope after 1033
Did you even read it??? :nicagesmile:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Beyond adding some pedigree to characters, CoC has mostly been nebulous. It was a status symbol for the leaders of the world, more or less. So it being turned into a strength booster doesn't bother me too much. It now feels like CoC has a purpose and a reason to be feared, apart from being a cheap charisma tool. Could it have been done better? Definitely, no one's going to deny that. But I think this is a pretty good place for CoC overall.

Perhaps CoC coating makes your opponent weaker instead of making you stronger? Sure would be nice if Oda explained this ability before giving it to both of the MCs.
Technically CoC coating does just that, after enough punches your opponent will be much weaker.

Haki is alright. It is actually one of my favourite power system in manga. My issue is Oda not giving a proper explanation or letting us get accustomed to one form before bring up another.
There is also Oda's nonsense about internal destruction, One minute, Luffy needs internal destruction to defeat Kaido, the very next he needs adcoc cos internal destruction is apparently too shallow like wtf.
The most annoying part of all this, we have coupla conquerors on both sides and they aren't using it to trim down the other sides foot soldiers like didn't Luffy clear like 50,000 fishmen the other day
That is my problem with haki system since it has not explained properly for coc, coa, or coO. It has not explored fully.

I wish they write new database book to explain fighting skills like coa, coO, coc, fishmen karate, Rokushiki, etc.

Then write fighting characters to explain what type haki they hadve like future sight, advanced coa, etc) like yonko, admirals, cp0, luffy crew mates, etc.

i think the use of coc coating justifies why its been feared a lot more than influencing others or knocking out fodder.
It's hilarious how some of you desperately cling to this. Oda has showed CoC outbursts in a 1 v. 1 clash. Nothing to do with KOing fodders.

CoC can be put behind attacks, coating or not. CoA, CoA, CoC are just a manifestion of your will. CoC users can clearly mix in CoA + CoC even without coating. "Coating" is just the next step over. It's like comparing CoA hardening to CoA coating.

True advCOA and advCOC are very confusing.

Would be easier imo if it is an amplifier, or is it actually?

-amplifies presence making the user more intimidating

-amplifies coa (hence, the overflowing dark lightning effects)

-amplifies coo (making the user see through things like usopp's x-ray vision)

Maybe Usopp's x-ray vision has something to do with COC. And perhaps even FS?

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Jesus fucking christ. Not everything is about Zoro! No one gives enough of a shit about Zoro to make a Haki complaint thread just for him

There have been dozens of threads bitching about how terribly the Haki system has been handled before Advanced COC and there will be dozens more after as Oda continues to throw the kitchen sink into a poorly explained system.
You'd be right if this thread wasn't directly put into life after Zoro's advCoC coating reveal. You ain't dumb and you should know this thread had a specific purpose.

Homie could've posted it after fucking Tama chapter or Sanji or Robin or whatever.

You'd be right if this thread wasn't directly put into life after Zoro's advCoC coating reveal. You ain't dumb and you should know this thread had a specific purpose.

Homie could've posted it after fucking Tama chapter or Sanji or Robin or whatever.
Watch everybody and their mother get Adcoc, Olda needs to slow down and think, I know he wants one piece done, who wouldn't be weary after 20+ years of doing something? We get it, just take your time Oda, find ways to summarize things cleary and quick so you can progress the story in a more cohesive and compact way, not hurr durr new haki man are born, he beat bad guy. Under all shit though, at least we knew luffy had known about Coc and it's effects and knew how to use it before he got the MC pass to a free upgrade out of nowhere, no hints, nothing, just bam, Adcoc bro, zoro just took it to another level, mans unlocked Coc at level 2 off the get go, no step 1, just woop...step 2, Oda's hurring, you can see it in his writing lately, still, like i said before i can't blame the man, he's got his own life to live, ain't gonna spoon feed us content forever.

Last edited:

Seth

โ€Ž
Watch everybody and their mother get Adcoc, Olda needs to slow down and think, I know he wants one piece done, who wouldn't be weary after 20+ years of doing something? We get it, just take your time Oda, find ways to summarize things cleary and quick so can progress the story in a more cohesive and compact way, not hurr durr new haki man are born, he beat bad guy.
It pisses me off too. Although I already understood where this manga is going. Oda set himself up for the failure years ago. He ain't the writer people make him up to be. He was just good for some period of time ( pre-timeskip ).

Yeah a chapter where a character unlocked CoC made more people speak on it I wonder why

The creator of the thread has been talking about CoC being handled poorly since Luffy got it but Zoro fans have been uppity since 1033 released

:seriously:

It pisses me off too. Although I already understood where this manga is going. Oda set himself up for the failure years ago. He ain't the writer people make him up to be. He was just good for some period of time ( pre-timeskip ).
Why's it always the good writers who write themselves into a corner of impending failure? It sucks, like you said, Oda was in his bag for majority of the Pre-ts, Pre-ts has more memorable moments, more mystery, more lore, more fights, more fun moments, more sad moments, more legendary moments and more of...well...more of what one piece is all about, adventure, not calling the Post-ts bad but it really isn't all that, it has it's moments but it's really hit and miss about it, honeslty, i only read one piece still because i can't bring mysel to drop it after following it for so long, i grew up with one piece, gotta see it through, even if it ends up being not so pleasing in the end, this is depressing..., Let's hope Oda doesn't fall into the trap other writers fall into, he doesn't deserve to go down in flames.

Seth

โ€Ž
Why's it always the good writers who write themselves into a corner of impending failure? It sucks, like you said, Oda was in his bag for majority of the Pre-ts, Pre-ts has more memorable moments, more mystery, more lore, more fights, more fun moments, more sad moments, more legendary moments and more of...well...more of what one piece is all about, adventure, not calling the Post-ts bad but it really isn't all that, it has it's moments but it's really hit and miss about it, honeslty, in only read one piece still because i can't bring myself
f to drop it after following it for so long, ingress up with one piece, gotta see it through, even if it ends up being not so pleasing in the end, this is depressing..., Let's hope Oda doesn't fall into the trap other writers fall into, he doesn't deserve to go down in flames.
People will disagree since a shit ton of them are Oda sexuals and will overhype him to satisfy their own agenda. The overprotective community always creates narration that tries to put their writer in a good light. A prime example would be references made by Oda over the chapters.

Let's say chapter 200 Brian starts some topic but it's left open.

Then chapter 400 same Brian starts talking about the same topic but this time it's expanded a bit more and makes some sense and it directly references another chapter let's say chapter 300 or some shit.

Oda literally thinks of it as "might be a nice reference". Just a one fucking panel/sentence.

Community: OH MY GOD LOOK HOW HE CONNECTED THEM DOTS, MASTERPIECE UNPARALLELED UNDER ALL HEAVENS, GOAT WRITER. I won't lie I also fell for some stuff like that in the past whether it be Ashura or some plots in other manga. But luckily I wake up in time.

People genuinely think mangakas really spend years of their life planning to do a reference to one chapter about XXX chapters later. He just sees that I might be a nice reference for some loyal fans and drops it there.

He was never a "GOAT" writer. He was just good and it was pre-timeskip. Right now he is no better than Mashima with his nakama shit or Kishimoto and Kubo ruining the endings of their series but this community won't admit something is wrong and they will try to flip everything to a positive note. I'm a hater of this story for a long time so most likely 99/100 times people will think "phew he hates everything". I wouldn't say so, more like y'all blind mofos not open to criticism and spreading ur legs for every bullshit put on the paper.