rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great fight and was always how it was going to be.

Luffy vs Kaido (strongest)
Zoro vs King (2nd strongest)
Sanji vs Queen (3rd strongest)

Remember a time you'd get insulted for even suggesting the above match ups would happen.

Imagine how cringe it'd be to try force ZKK after we literally got an exact replica of Ryuma's dragon slaying feat. Sorry Zoro fans that was your ZKK moment.

Now Monkey D Wuffy it's your time to collect Kaido's head.

So if king wasnt his actual name then whats queen's real name?
Also we never got to see king's sadistic side. It was mentioned in his first panel but oda completely ignored it later on. I was expecting him to torture someone or sth.

So Zoro throw coc haki lightnings :choppawhat:
If you are referring to the last attack then there's 2 different scenario
- It was a long -ranged attack like the Flying Dragon Blaze so yeah Zoro literally shot Black Haki Lightning Lazer at King
- Zoro propelled himself towards King with a massive trail of Black Lightning, the final strike was close-ranged.
I think it's scenario 2 but well I will wait for the anime to clear it up.

If you are referring to the last attack then there's 2 different scenario
- It was a long -ranged attack like the Flying Dragon Blaze so yeah Zoro literally shot Black Haki Lightning Lazer at King
- Zoro propelled himself towards King with a massive trail of Black Lightning, the final strike was close-ranged.
I think it's scenario 2 but well I will wait for the anime to clear it up.
It's pretty obvious that is the 2° scenario.

i'll never forgive Zoro/oda for messing with King's Wing. :kriwhat:
that said, this fight was great improvement over Sanji Vs Queen. Luffy's crew already seems to be a Yonko-Tier, his crewmates can solo the YCs even in their messed up condition.
the relationship between King and Kaido needs to be explored more. I believe, Kaido is gonna have some sort of reaction upon knowing King is down. Heck, me might even apologize to King after he himself is put down.:steef:
also it is believed that Queen is still flying till this date..:funky:

A Germa cover story. Thrilling. Place your bets now, will it have Pedro and Pekoms survival in it?

The last chapter was a few pages short- if it had even included just that first page of Sanji kicking Queen out of the island it would have improved it. Last week the final attack didn’t have enough impact, it wasn’t distinct enough from any of the other attacks Sanji had landed. Including the results could have helped change that.

Anyway, on to the fight that was actually good.

Sexy Ganguro King was unexpected. Thought he would have had red skin or something. No fire = really fast, fire = really tanky, is interesting enough.

Zoro was at his “complete and utter dick to his enemies best.”

The brief flashback was good. Again, hinting at these wider motivations for Kaido. Also, with King having been at PH (and Kaido) I wonder if SSG will include Vegapunk managing to add Lunarian traits, along with all his other experiments. Would be very interested in seeing a full Beast Pirate recruitment flashback.

Was that a CoC clash at the bottom of the page after King uses the swordcatcher? Same sfx usually used and I can’t think what else Oda would be drawing.

And yeah, that final attack, offt. Looked great.

I was saying during the break week I felt this needed two chapters to wrap up. I think Oda just managed it in one. Had it been a longer fight, stretched over two, could have been Zoro’s best fight so far, as it was, taken as a whole I’d say it was really good, but not the clear best. Shane he felt the need to rush to fit the fights into the end of the volume (I’m pretty sure).

Oda should now embrace the meme amd have an entire chapter of Raizo vs Fukurokujo as the last fight of all. Including Kaido.

With all the Beast Pirate fights done I think it’s fair to say- underwhelming, as a whole. There’s an interesting crew there if Oda had spent the time on them. Cutting down on the chapters where there’s like five different scenes happening and giving at least one more chapter for each would have vastly improved things. I know Oda has said he won’t do that anymore, but he really should, because tbh, moves the plot faster than his plodding “lets get from A to B” stuff.

Next ten chapters (a full volume) might see Kaido fall.
Peckoms and Caesar probably.

And nah I think the Yonko fights are about to last way longer than we think. He tends to elongate Luffy's fights as long as the arc needs to finish. There are still a myriad of smaller plotlines and events that need to occur and they will 100% happen before Luffy wins. But we'll see a lot more of his fight from now on, since it's only technically going to start next chapter or whenever Oda draws it.

Then you also just have BM...

Status
Not open for further replies.