Break Week No, Zoro is NOT "Done" After Defeating King

Will Zoro fight again during the Wano arc?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He’s not done. He’ll be down for a good few chapters but he’ll still do something else before Wano is done.

It should be against Kaido but Oda already deciding to draw a big Ryuma/Oden paralleling doublespread of him taking down a dragon when there was absolutely no need for King to make one has given that idea a big hit for me. There was simply no need for King to have a magma dragon, especially not if Oda is planning another “Zoro takes on a dragon“ scene.

So I’m 100% certain that Zoro will do something else, but only 50% sure that something else will be against Kaido.
there is nothing to do in Onigashima beside defeating the two Yonkos.
Zoro will be down for a good few chapters, when Hyori plot is happening now, when the CP0 plot is happening now.
The only 2 plot left and possible are the 2 yonkos. So if you say that zoro 100% certain will do something that mean that is equal to say Zoro will be involved with Yonko.

Last edited:
This makes little sense on multiple levels IMO.

Why? He already left a new scar; what now is the point of reopening the old one?

Zoro has already surpassed the Scabbards via leaving a new scar.
His new scar is no where’s near as big as Odens and left much smaller impact on Kaido.

And what about it doesn’t make sense:
1. Zoro is going to be the new ryuma
- In wano Ryuma was seen as a guardian deity who defended their country from foreign threats who wished to conquer it. The world government just mentioned that they will conquer Wano once Kaido gets defeated
2. A black blade
- The process for a sword being a black blade is still unknown; however, it seems to be when the swordsman and the swords will is one and the same. And Enmas will is likely related to Odens Will, which was to protect the Wano citizens and to open the borders. This can be done by stopping the world government ships from conquering Wano and literally cutting the waterfall to “open the border” and allow Wano people easier access to leave.
3. All should see it
- Zoro stated he’ll “round up the samurai” it’s possible he’ll find out about the ships surrounding Wano and all the samurai who didn’t take part in the raid will come with him to the entrance to wano and Wano and the world government will see Zoro protecting wanos borders and we’ll get a scene like “They say in the past a mighty one eyed samurai stopped the world government as well”

Luffy is fighting and will finish Kaido. That’s his duty for this arc. That’s Joyboys job. Ryumas job is to protect Wano.

Thinking Zoro is out of the arc now is the same as thinking he was out after 1010, Sanji is not out of the arc too btw but i think he will only have a moderate role.
Here is all the characters that were certain by the OP community to be done in Wano and Onigashima:

- 9 scabban after how badly they were defeated by Kaido (all 9 played a role)
- Kinemon after defeated by Kaido, Oda decided to let him met again Kaido which split in 2 his body. That wasnt enough to take Kinemon from this raid, in fact 1036 he is still playing a role
- Robin, after clearly fainting after her fight with Black Maria, it took over 4 chapters of Brook carrying Robin. Right now she can stand on her own
- Orochi, after Kaido chopping his head, after the 9 scabban chopping again his head he still play a plot role in Onigashima
- the samarai affected by the plague ice demon Oni, all still fine even after running out of their own stamina (boss Hiyogoro is an example)
- Marco, not fully faint but coudnt move on his own, Izoo had to carry him, right now he is playing a new role in Onigashima

If you think that such characters get an other plot and something to do but Zoro which is the second most important character in Wano cant do shit after his fight with King, well then you have really 0 fainth in Roronoa Zoro :suresure:

Last edited:
In case it didnt happen, people are gonna blame Oda for being bad at his own stroy.

Zoro could be a saviour, and no one will know, since he never seeked to be known as one
Post automatically merged:

IMO Zoro already mastered Enma just as Oden, the problem is still haki since he is already so tired.

Zoro never said it as a fact that Oden could use Enma as a feather, he questioned it until he got the real answer, it was conque haki which was needed.

I really hope ZKK happens, I just don't see it.Oda just doesn't kill important characters off like that and I don't see him making Zoro a certified murderer lol.
Zoro will do something though, that's for sure.If it's Kaido related all the better.
White Beard died, Ace died :milaugh:. Was a war in Marine Ford, and this is a War between the new generation and the old guard.

All character in Wano are ready to die with the intent of killing Kaido but sure Oda clearly want to safe Kaido :kaidowhat:

He’s not done. He’ll be down for a good few chapters but he’ll still do something else before Wano is done.

It should be against Kaido but Oda already deciding to draw a big Ryuma/Oden paralleling doublespread of him taking down a dragon when there was absolutely no need for King to make one has given that idea a big hit for me. There was simply no need for King to have a magma dragon, especially not if Oda is planning another “Zoro takes on a dragon“ scene.

So I’m 100% certain that Zoro will do something else, but only 50% sure that something else will be against Kaido.
Well what could Zoro do that would be big enough for the people of Wano to acknowledge him? I can honestly only think of one thing and that's ZKK.

The Ryuma's parallel would have been buried if the feat against King was performed in front of Wano citizens and said citizens acknowledged that what Zoro did was ridiculous and rave about him, but that's not the case.

From interviews to DB to VC to editors notes etc, it has been repeatedly mentioned that Zoro will do something big in Wano and be acknowledged for it. There has been mention of being viewed as a second Ryuuma. Surely you don't believe defeating King in a low profile fight(relative to what it would take to be acknowledged as Wanokuni hero and second coming of Ryuuma) is all it takes.

If Zoro is to do something big, big enough to be compared to Wano biggest legend and hero, what would it be. Realistically what's left big enough to do in this raid for Zoro to invoke comparable acclaims to Ryuma after his deed? I can only think of ZKK, unless someone floats a better theory.

White Beard died, Ace died :milaugh:. Was a war in Marine Ford, and this is a War between the new generation and the old guard.

All character in Wano are ready to die with the intent of killing Kaido but sure Oda clearly want to safe Kaido :kaidowhat:
Are we really questioning Oda's reluctancy to kill characters off? After MF he only killed characters in backstories and irrelevant characters like Yasuie.His fake-death obsession has always been a thing, and he has never killed off an antagonist so far.It's been over 20 years and he hasn't done it once.What are you talking about?

Are we really questioning Oda's reluctancy to kill characters off? After MF he only killed characters in backstories and irrelevant characters like Yasuie.His fake-death obsession has always been a thing, and he has never killed off an antagonist so far.It's been over 20 years and he hasn't done it once.What are you talking about?
No I am not questioning that, but a Saga in which all character in Wano for over 20years wanted to take Kaido head, and you expect that Oda will drop that shit like that? Even Oden wanted to take Kaido head.

Sure the power of friendship will safe Kaido too....keep that fair tail shit out of my way.
Monet died and probably Vergo too

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I was never a ZKK believer but I always acknowledged its possibility. However, King's defeat killed whatever little hope I have for ZKK.

1. It wasn't over the Flower Capital.
  2. There were no witnesses.

It simply cannot have been intended to be the Ryuma parallel. No one is going to talk about the magma dragon that Zoro slew because no one witnessed the scene.

c'mon guys let luffy have his 1v1, it is like saying luffy the guy that always fights in all arcs would not fight a 1v1 in the most important arc in one piece as of now
Luffy will have his 1 vs 1. He's currently fighting Kaido and he will eventually defeat him and shatter his myth of invincibility.

He will surely wake up. But don't expect too much. Don't forget there is pain x 2.
That will only make Zoro's accomplishments all the more impressive. Forging ahead through pain and suffering is Zoro's modus operandi:

I guess if Luffy becomes the next joyboy by defeating kaido
zoro can become the next ryuma by beheading him if he were to awaken once more after being defeated.

But then again Oda said the end of wano will be heavily Luffy centric so idk.

@Cinera i don’t think zoro needs to be vindicated. The sword was stolen 23 years ago, zoro is only 21. I assume zoro will be asked about it, he will tell them his age, and that will be the key to the missing piece about zoro’s lineage.

like some pregnant shimotsuki woman left wano 21 years ago and that person was zoro’s mom

1. It wasn't over the Flower Capital.
  2. There were no witnesses.

It simply cannot have been intended to be the Ryuma parallel. No one is going to talk about the magma dragon that Zoro slew because no one witnessed the scene.
You’re assuming it needs to be a one to one, exact replica of what Ryuma did to be a parallel.

It really doesn’t. People watching it, it being over the FC, these are just the minutia. As long it’s killing a dragon over Wano, to save Wano, then that’s enough. Oda might not even want the people of Wano to know about it, he might be happy enough with the readers just being aware.
Post automatically merged:

Well what could Zoro do that would be big enough for the people of Wano to acknowledge him? I can honestly only think of one thing and that's ZKK.
At this stage I question whether it’s especially relevant that they do. The Kozuki acknowledge him, the Scabbards do, so do the samurai who are fighting on Wano. That’s… pretty much every relevant character in Wano except Gyukimaru, Tenguyama and Otoko, and they already know Zoro’s great as well.

Zoro certainly doesn’t care what the people of Wano think of him. And that is very important.

And it can always be played the same way as TB, with some of the samurai fighting in Wano telling the story of what Zoro did to the others at the party or something.

From interviews to DB to VC to editors notes etc, it has been repeatedly mentioned that Zoro will do something big in Wano and be acknowledged for it.
I’d point out that none of these things have came directly from Oda.

Zoro has done something big on Wano, he’s beaten King and scarred Kaido. I’d like more to happen with Kaido, but I don’t think it’s at all a certainty or anything that was “promised” to us.

Because always remember, what Oda promises may not be what the reader expects. Oda promised a year of Sanji. (And that was actually from Oda, not any editors or whatever). That did not turn out to be “Sanji wrecks hisnway through Yonko territory“ though.

Last edited:
I guess if Luffy becomes the next joyboy by defeating kaido
zoro can become the next ryuma by beheading him if he were to awaken once more after being defeated.

But then again Oda said the end of wano will be heavily Luffy centric so idk.

@Cinera i don’t think zoro needs to be vindicated. The sword was stolen 23 years ago, zoro is only 21. I assume zoro will be asked about it, he will tell them his age, and that will be the key to the missing piece about zoro’s lineage.

like some pregnant shimotsuki woman left wano 21 years ago and that person was zoro’s mom
that partially true the interview said also this:
The ending of Wano arc will be "surprising". Now tell me how in the world is an ending surprising if the MVP will clearly defeat with pounches (advcoc) Kaido. That is what we saw in every arc. Shimizu is saying that the casual read will get a suprise for the ending. What is ZKK for a casual reader? Well it is a surprising ending for Wano. Especially for One Piece standard (like the guy above posted no Antagonist died) true but Wano is different and that why Shimizu is saying watch out the the ending.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
As long it’s killing a dragon over Wano, to save Wano, then that’s enough.
Slaying King's magma dragon did not in any way "save Wano" though.

Oda might not even want the people of Wano to know about it, he might be happy enough with the readers just being aware.
I don't see this. Zoro will be visiting Ryuma's grave at the end of the war:

He should be recognised as a hero to the people of Wano. Especially if Oda intends for him to be viewed as the second coming of Ryuma.