Rate the chapter!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoro: Extremely diff's the weakest YC 1. Maybe eve high YC2, in King

Zorotards": "Zoro is God. He is stronger than Kaido!"

Oda: "King lost, but the win is meaningless!!!!

:kobeha:
clown, how many character do advcoc have?

I am waiting, a right only the 2 on the top of the rooftop with Zoro&Yamato and Katakuzi boss Cry Mom.

Zoro used one of the strongest attack based on the editor that attack is able to slay dragons (not one) with 1 single swing, Kaido too :steef:

Sure keep crying :ihaha:

Some things I wanna say
  • Apoo left Drake alone again.Drake lost again.Kinda disappointing for a Supernova lol, didn't think Oda would hand him so many Ls.
  • Usopp should have some moments for real.It's been like 300 chapters since his CoO moment in Dressrosa and he hasn't really done much in this arc.It would be pretty disappointing if he is the only SH that didn't do anything important fighting-wise in Wano.
  • Oda delved into King's character and strength notably more than he did with Queen.King is extremely knowledgable, undefeated until now and the closest man to Kaido.
  • I really want Franky to fight CP0.It's been a while since we saw him and he wasn't knocked out so he can probably still fight.

Very true!
"My audience will not be satisfied if Luffy defeats Kaido just because his punch is so strong"-Eichirro Oda
I found the source:

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...g-eichirro-oda-paraphrased.10341/#post-996796

Here is the actual quote:

Oda "When Kaidou appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can't defeat such a strong character yet. And I'm yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou. Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaidou is just because Luffy's punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow."

Source 1

And Source 2

This needs to be talked about. Luffy's entire character-arc in Wano was just him powering up his punches. The only reason he's going to defeat Kaido, literally, is because he powered up his attacks to be able to injure Kaido. Metaphorically, Luffy is only defeating Kaido because his punches got stronger.

Which Oda explicitly said would be a disappointing way to write the Kaido fight.

Some might say "Oh well, Luffy isn't defeating Kaido because his punches got stronger, he's defeating Kaido because his Haki got stronger"

Which is a nonsense argument. You may as well say "Luffy isn't defeating Kaido because his punches got stronger, he's defeating Kaido because his kicks got stronger"

It completely misses the point of the criticism, that Luffy vs Kaido is not going to be different from any other fight that Luffy has had in the manga. Now Luffy has earned an invisible powerup which has turned Kaido into a generic "let me punch him as hard as I can over and over again until he gives up" fight which Luffy is notorious for.

When Oda first gave the above quote, it's hard not to imagine that he was trying to wrack his brain to make Luffy vs Kaido different and more memorable. But it looks like this fight is going to be the same as any other Luffy fight both artistically and narratively. Just Luffy spamming punch attacks over and over again until Kaido gives up.

I pitty those who actually thought Luffy learning advanced Haki was actually going to make the Kaido fight different from every other Luffy fight in some way, and that includes myself lol.

Did Oda let himself down here? Is this a disappointing way to carry out this fight?

Well this is super actual, Oda aint happy that Kaido goes down because of Super punch (even if with advcoc). Luffy doesnt have anything else than that, cant use a blade, doesnt have other weapons nor DF power.

Flasback Ling Alber says ''keep being the strongest'' no doubt Alber is biased towards Kaido, however I don't think he is delusional enough to think Kaido>WB without any basis unless its really close.

This flashback is most likely from way before 2 years, it could be very old and yet even when WB was alive Ling Alber calls Kaido as the strongest, either Alber is extremely delusional fanboy (such as Lolo fanboys who think Lolo>Luffy) or Alber is more rational than Lolo fanboys this really hypes Kaido's title against WB's title and Kaido was considered as the strongest before not after WB's death.

While people like Mihawk want to see the power difference between the strongest WB and himself, while Ling Alber says Kaido is even stronger than WB.

So by default Mihawk would also want to see the power difference between the strongest Kaido and himself, and Mihawk probably couldn't pass Ling Alber (Marco>Alber) just like he couldn't pass Jozu without an extreme diff fight thus, he would postpone it.

Flasback Ling Alber says ''keep being the strongest'' no doubt Alber is biased towards Kaido, however I don't think he is delusional enough to think Kaido>WB without any basis unless its really close.
Kaido occupied Wano with a fully fledged crew 26 years ago (age 33). In his talk with King, he was much younger. No crew at all, with himself being even younger (no mustache). Whitebeard however was close to his prime if not at his prime.

Just like Shanks wasn't in his prime at age 27, since people argue the rivalry between him and Mihawk means nothing, since he only really grew when conquering the new world.

:kayneshrug:

This flashback is most likely from way before 2 years, it could be very old and yet even when WB was alive Ling Alber calls Kaido as the strongest, either Alber is extremely delusional fanboy (such as Lolo fanboys who think Lolo>Luffy) or Alber is more rational than Lolo fanboys this really hypes Kaido's title against WB's title and Kaido was considered as the strongest before not after WB's death.

While people like Mihawk want to see the power difference between the strongest WB and himself, while Ling Alber says Kaido is even stronger than WB.

So by default Mihawk would also want to see the power difference between the strongest Kaido and himself, and Mihawk probably couldn't pass Ling Alber (Marco>Alber) just like he couldn't pass Jozu without an extreme diff fight thus, he would postpone it.
4 paragraphs for this? :kobeha:
Another low test feminine candyboy with 500 alts like Jobnoodle pretending to like other characters. :cantseeme:

“All Stars and F6 defeats are meaningless if these two monsters don’t get taken down” :kata:

Did Oda just quite literally leave the fate of the Raid’s success in the hands of the Supernova CAPTAINS??? :cheers::steef:

Yeah these three are about to become the strongest top tiers on the Raid side moving out of this arc. Sorry Yamato and Zoro bros the dream was too good to be true :josad:

Status
Not open for further replies.