What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
your forgetting ryou. until luffy shows he can use ryou effectively in g4 than his current base is his strongest form. I dont know if g4 will increase his adcoc either. awakening might be Luffys only way to progress past his current level and since he's reaching his limit as the gorsei are mentioning this legendary fruit then we have to take that seriously.

not that we can rely on odas words but he did say Kaidou won't be beat because of him getting hit hard.
You forgetting one important point, better attack means more potency, so Luffy using G4 would not just increase the attack power, but also would give a boost. As example, in G4 Luffy skin became very soft and hard in sametime. Doffy couldn't cut him anymore. I think this will happen here too with G4.
I mean if the attacks are not changing because of adv CoC, why Luffy used G3 last chapter and this chapter if he don't even directly touch Kaido? Well because G3 increase the Attack power,it is not just Adv CoC. Luffy combo his own strenght with adv CoC, more power means better Attack potency so yeah their will be a difference with Base Luffy and G4 Luffy. Oda will need a way to point this out. I hope with G4, Luffy using far bigger adv CoC shockwave or he combinate adv CoC in his punches to increase the attack power.

Kaido hit Kinemon with his Club too and touch him even thought using Adv CoC. Also Kaido hit and touch Luffy with adv CoC via thunder bague. You can still touch and hit someone with Adv CoC.

You will see,G4 will even push Luffy more now.

I hate to remind the candybois, but there's no M3 and Yamato is joining.:josad:
Luffy is fighting a Yonkou, Zoro's coming out of Wano with a black blade and stronger than Oden, is this alright for you @terabyte? :josad:
I don't give a shit about the marimo or Yamato rn and you have to be illiterate to think there is no M3 or that Sanji is so much weaker, when Oda has been hyping up and portraying him alongside Zoro as one of the Wings of the PK

I think Oda wrote Zoan awakening in Impel Down as an excuse for why the BP don’t use it - awakened zoans lose their minds.
Eh, that was probably before this crew was even conceived. I wouldn't be surprised if that gets retconned to to artificially induced.

Plus, I can see Kaido just doing that, losing his mind. This isn't gonna be the limit to his power, it never is for Luffy fights. It's basically just getting started still and probably won't finish until the rest of the arcs major plot is too

I would say Luffy's statements are subtly different, he said there is no point complaining about fairness in a pirate fight, not that means your surpass someone by doing so.

He said specifically the reason for staying to fight Katakuri was to SURPASS him, Katakuri specifically said he no longer viewed Luffy as beneath him, both men and the world accepted Luffy's win as legit, Kaido doesn't view his win against Oden as legit for example (even though he would have probably won, this was a bitter moment for Kaido), similarly Katakuri wanted a fair legit fight to compare strengths which is why he evened it up as best he could.
So essentially luffy is doing exactly what he stated not to complain about. Which would be not complaining about unfairness in pirate fight. Only difference is that kaido can make that claim since he has not once rested since the attack from the scabbards to now. Which is why luffys statement is contradictory in terms of telling kaido that he shouldn't use him being drunk as an excuse for losing if he does when he himself (luffy) isn't acknowledging that kaido can use a variety of legit points as to why luffy is even lasting in this fight against him since he (kaido) has been accumulating damage from before and after luffy came into this fight.

That would defeat the whole point of calling luffy a yonko since even then he wouldn't have been able to 1v1 a yonko that was 100 percent healthy

I mean he's fought big mom, Yamato the scabbards, Kidd killer zoro law and Luffy and still has plenty of energy so his awakening might just be that he has plenty of durability endurance and stamina.
I think it would have been addressed already then. Oda was pretty vocal about Kid and Law's powers with awakening. He has made zero mention of it for the Yonko. He's doing it again technically here as well with Zunesha or something else.

Exactly would it not improve his power output when he can focus all of his haki in offense only that also having to focus his haki in keep the form activated? This is why I say that people need to read before commenting sometimes. Not only would it be a big buff he would have all of his haki focused on offense so he can use even more crazy shit while in gear 4.

How would having gear 4 draw backs removed be awkward when luffy has found ways to remove all of his previous gewr draw backs?
The reason why it depletes so quickly is because he's already going all out with his haki. I don't see it happening, I don't want to debate this any longer as we are likely to see his awakening (gomu gomu no what?) in a few chapters, and like Law and Kidd it will be limited and stamina draining, rather than make what is already meant to be a short final fight into something Luffy can sustain for hours unnecessarily.

G2 has no visible effect on what Luffy looks now, Oda inconsistently draws the steam, and his body shape looks the same, G3 attacks are limb specific and don't change Luffy's face or general shape and have a speed trade off, leading to variety between the two. Unlimited G4 kills some of this variability and the narrative impact of trump cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.