Questions & Mysteries What is the fruit gorosei was talking about?...

Whose fruit it is

• Total voters
Guys, you're going to far with this, Oda never gives one DF so many abilities, if anything, they're probably talking about Kaido's DF because his DF is the CLOSEST to what you guys are describing. Kid uses his DF only for "SMASH" tactics, a.k.a stupid halk.
Post automatically merged:

Then why the hell are they sweating and in panic? Did they suddenly wake up and remember about a mysterious DF that "they never fucking talked about before," and all that in state of panic? For what fucking reason? Even for Oda it's too random and stupid to do.
Because there is clearly a hidden dialogue where they mention the Devil Fruit, just like when Luffy and Roger said their dreams the difference being the put some other dialogue in-between.

Only problem with it being Luffys is the WG should be long aware that Luffy has that fruit so I don’t get why it’s an issue now
Exactly it isn't a known DF to the world so you can cut the Supernova DF's from that.
Then the WG must have known Zunisha exists and walks around the NW because there are minks outside of Zou and it's a colossal Elephant.
This only leaves open DF's that have been locked in Wano for the past 800 years and it does make sense why the WG would think it became a legend because they had no access to Wano until 20 years ago more or less.

Good thread, lets analyze with pure logic (although I don't know how much Oda values that these days).

What do we know about the fruit the way the Gorosei talked about it?

1) It hasn't awakened in decades and it was a mystery even for the WG. That means we also probably were introduced to it recently, since the Gorosei only learned and talk about it now.

2) It probably has a curious name, since they specifically say that the WG gave that fruit a "unique name" to hide its "true name".

What DFs currently in contention don't seem likely at all?

1) Luffy's fruit. It just wouldn't make sense that the Gorosei talk about it now, when the entire world saw that Luffy has that fruit's powers 2+ years ago. Everyone has known about it since.

2) Kaido's fruit. Same thing with Kaido. We know that he has been captured by the WG 7 times already and he's also a very prominent player in the New World. He even invited CP-0 to his banquet. No way the WG didn't know about his fruit and just learned about it now.

3) BM's fruit. The WG knew that Carmel held that fruit before BM, so no way they thought it hasn't appeared in decades. Not to mention that BM as holder is too prominent a foe of the WG for them to not know her powers.

4) Law's, Kidd's and Yamato's fruits. More of the same. None of those fruits seem specific enough. On top of that Kidd's and Law's fruits have already been known by the WG for 2+ years (Sabaody incident, Rocky port incident etc.). In Yamato's case it wouldn't make sense either, since either the WG already knew about her fruit (her being Kaido's daughter after all) or if they didn't know they simply didn't see her rn (only government officials in Onigashima right now are busy dealing with other foes).

What DFs are still in contention?

1) Tama's fruit. She tamed almost all the SMILE users, she has been a prominent character without that much in-depth story so far and her fruit really has some creepy master-slave-feeling towards it. Its name "Kibi-Kibi-No-Mi" also has an innocent/cute feeling towards it. Maybe its real name was "Slave-Slave-No-Mi" or something like that?

2) Zunisha. The wildcard. The panelling suggest that there is some connection, so maybe Zunisha is some dude that ate a mythical DF? On the other hand the SBS answer Oda gave makes that very unlikely. He already confirmed that Zunisha is a Naitamie-Norida-Elephant. He even described that species and gave explanations about their life-span and body etc.

3) Orochi's fruit. Well, his hydra powers are creepy and interesting. However, it just doesn't seem like some kind of particularly weird or dangerous fruit and it also doesn't have a curious name.

4) Toki's fruit. Maybe it's just talked about now bc they learned that the Oden's samurai were indeed sent forward in time and arrived in the present. That could mean they now know that the holder of the Time-Time-Fruit resides/resided in Wano. It would also make sense why they say that this fruit was a legend to them and hasn't been seen/awakened in centuries: Toki always jumped a few centuries forward in time! It would also explain their panic, since the user (if still alive) would probably know all the details about the void century. Only thing that doesn't fit is the supposedly curious name of the fruit.

Conclusion: From a pure logic standpoint it has to be a fruit that has been locked in Wano for centuries. The WG knows all the stuff that happens on the outside and all the other DFs from prominent characters (Luffy, Kaido, BM, Law etc.) have been long known to them.

My bet is on Tama's or Toki's fruit or a completely new one as of right now. Those are the only three scenarios that currently make sense.

Last edited:
Because there is clearly a hidden dialogue where they mention the Devil Fruit, just like when Luffy and Roger said their dreams the difference being the put some other dialogue in-between.
Then why now? Why panicking about it? At has to be something urgent and based on an information received recently form Wano, which we saw happened before that conversation. Again, why now and why panic over it?

Then why now? Why panicking about it? At has to be something urgent and based on an information received recently form Wano, which we saw happened before that conversation. Again, why now and why panic over it?
Because they just got knowledge from Wano?
It is 100% not a DF that was known to the world because it makes no sense for it to be. It can't be the Supernovas, Kaido, Big Mom only closed stuff from Wano in the past 800 years.

Conclusion: From a pure logic standpoint it has to be a fruit that has been locked in Wano for centuries. The WG knows all the stuff that happens on the outside and all the other DFs from prominent characters (Luffy, Kaido, BM, Law etc.) have been long known to them.

My bet is on Tama's or Toki's fruit or a completely new one as of right now. Those are the only three scenarios that currently make sense.
Exactly this.
Makes no sense whatsoever for it be to anything outside of Wano, otherwise the WG would have already known it.

It's name "Kibi-Kibi-No-Mi" also has an innocent/cute feeling towards it. Maybe its real name was "Slave-Slave-No-Mi" or something like that?
Tama named her DF by herself, She never left Wano nor had access to the DF encyclopaedia to learn about the name the WG gave it. She simply named it after eating the DF, plus Tama has confirmed that her powers don't work on humans, only animals. There's a possibility that it MIGHT work if she awakens her DF, but that's just speculation upon speculation. On top of that, how do the goroseis know that that DF is in Wano? They don't. They know it existed or exists, thy don't know what it is, but they know it was important for the WG.

Last edited:
Tama named her DF by herself, She never left Wano nor had access to the DF encyclopaedia to learn about the name the WG gave it. She simply named it after eating the DF, plus Tama has confirmed that her powers don't work on humans, only animals. There's a possibility that it MIGHT work if she awakens her DF, but that's just speculation upon speculation. On top of that, how do the goroseis know that that DF is in Wano? They don't. They know it existed ot exists, the don't know what it is, but they know it was important for the WG.
The question as to how they know the DF is in Wano is pretty simple: CP-0 learned in chapter 1018 that someone used the powers of that fruit.

As to the other points: I know that the theory of it being Tama's fruits also has a few weaknesses (especially the one with the name). Problem is that most of the other theories have WAY more weaknesses. Some even glaring plot-holes, if Oda really decided to go that way.

The question as to how they know the DF is in Wano is pretty simple: CP-0 learned in chapter 1018 that someone used the powers of that fruit.

As to the other points: I know that the theory of it being Tama's fruits also has a few weaknesses (especially the one with the name). Problem is that most of the other theories have WAY more weaknesses. Some even glaring plot-holes, if Oda really decided to go that way.
Yup, Liiterally every pirate is immediately disqualified. The Op Op, Gomu Gomu, and Uo Uo can't even be legends since the Wg had 3/3 in their hands at some point in the last 20 years

it could be Yamato's fruit. She is the only strong character that isn't known outside of Wano and has a rare fruit
What I wished. We know she has a Wolf df w/e, but what if it's a dual animal type for a certain time it's that but it's also a Tiger DF. So two animal in one DF. I hope I explained it well enough.

Imagine letting Zunisha eat Choppers fruit.
How about we just let Zunisha eat Chopper.
AoT style.

First I would exclude the zoan, as they are pretty straightforward. While mythical can be strong and give interesting elemental abilites, I don't really see why the WG would need to hide anything or panic except Kaido or Yamato awakening really give some epic twist ability
Then you have Luffy/Robin/Law/Kid devil fruits that are known from the WG for years already, it would be odd for them to suddenly start sweating about it.
It could be Toki fruit, as it makes perfect sense in term of timeline and the ability to travel the time is something that would make the WG sweat. But the name seems pretty telling already.
Maybe it's Zunisha itself
But my first thought would be Tama's fruit as it could very well be that the fruit spent the last decades/centuries locked in Wano, so it would make sense for the WG to talk of it as "legend". Gorsei would have made the link just now by hearing informations from the CP0 about Beast Pirates mass of goons/gifters suddenly switching side after being ordered to.
It is really a scary and dangerous ability. Imagine if the user of that devil fruit could potentitally take control of the Sea King and all powerful creatures like Zunisha? What if the awakening makes the ability even more potent (possibility to control actual zoan?). The name given in the VC (Kibi Kibi no Mi) could be the name the WG gave it, and the real name could more sinister, or at least more telling.
Worth nothing that :
-Tama was kidnapped during the first act after Holdem heard reports about her ability

-Hitetsu explicitly told Tama to not use her ability in presence of others

What I wished. We know she has a Wolf df w/e, but what if it's a dual animal type for a certain time it's that but it's also a Tiger DF. So two animal in one DF. I hope I explained it well enough.

How about we just let Zunisha eat Chopper.
AoT style.
The problem with that is that

A) Why would the WG fear that fruit so much? There are many other crazy mythical zoan fruits out there (Marco, Devon etc.) and they just shrug their shoulders.

B) Why would the WG just learn about her NOW? The only WG agents on Onigashima are CP-0 and since Yamato used her DF she never even once crossed them. They were in a different spot and busy on their own (going after Robin, fighting Drake/Apoo/numbers) so they couldn't even have learned about her powers in that timespan.

The problem with that is that

A) Why would the WG fear that fruit so much? There are many other crazy mythical zoan fruits out there (Marco, Devon etc.) and they just shrug their shoulders.

B) Why would the WG just learn about her NOW? The only WG agents on Onigashima are CP-0 and since Yamato used her DF she never even once crossed them. They were in a different spot and busy on their own (going after Robin, fighting Drake/Apoo/numbers) so they couldn't even have learned about her powers in that timespan.
Yeah unfortunately that does make it very unlikely. It was more of a wishful thinking sort.
But anything could be possible. Just not likely.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
My hat is in the tama ring right now

The fruit is op
Even when she's kod it still works
Even when controlled animal is kod it still works

My quick guess on how it's linked to wano zou etc if it is at all

The fruit is on wano and according to gorosei its not awakened in centuries
Which means the last person to eat it was also on wano

This fruit can basically do everything shirahoshi can if those sea king are fed a ball
Any kaiju in one piece is at the beck and call of this user
Maybe all this time zunshia been walking because the command was to walk until there is a next user of said fruit awakens and go to then and since tama recently ate it
It's been walking to wano

Momo controlling it could be explained by if a former wano citizen had said fruit they could have given an order that they listen to the kozuki who have always been shogun hence momo alone can control it not luffy who can also hear zunisha

Fruit users know the name of their fruit when they eat it

So luffy and laws fruits names are confirmed as gomu and ope as both have confirmed as such and the wg called both fruits as such