Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two super sentai cyborgs held captive and pinned to pages of a giant book, in an island made of sweets watched over by pirates and half-animal-half-humans, where else but One Piece. Nice to see Oven again.

Being that Raizou was the one that was complaining about the heat when Oden was sacrificing himself for them, it's pretty cool seeing Raizou's test of resolve this battle being withstanding the heat.

Nice to see Jinbei being identified as a member or the SH pirates, even if it's by the samurai.

Jinbei has all these titles and adventures of his own, and standing by WB in marine ford, it will be cool when the world starts seeing Jinbei and instead of saying "you are one of the WB allies at Marineford" they say "it's you, member of straw hats" something like that.

Most interesting part of the chapter by far:

This is so left field and special, people are shrugging it off as some hallucination (which doesn't make sense) or it being brook (even dumber). Oda is a troll though, he knows people are thinking of a million ideas, he also conveniently doesn't draw Zoro swords in the panels.

New Zoro plot 2022, 2022 Zoro new plots begin, make room Luffy fans, let's try to get along:cheers:

Magnetism powers require writing creativity to look cool and interesting. Oda never liked battles so this is nothing new to us he may not draw some incredible fighting sequences for every character.

But if that was the case with Kidd he should've just given him gravity alike powers or just Fujitora's DF but reduced to ground level without those meteor shit.
his powers are cool, its just idiot Marvel fans wanting him to be magneto just shooting fucking lasers or going oh theres .002mg of iron in your blood so i can puppet you around or going oh ill control weather or some other random shit because im that good at magnetism. its not creativity its laziness and not knowing how to write around limitations.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
his powers are cool, its just idiot Marvel fans wanting him to be magneto just shooting fucking lasers or going oh theres .002mg of iron in your blood so i can puppet you around or going oh ill control weather or some other random shit because im that good at magnetism. its not creativity its laziness and not knowing how to write around limitations.
I never expected him to be Magneto. I must admit I used that joke too. But be honest. Fucking scrap metal flying or charging is fucking abomination of magnetism powers.

:crybeard:i dont even like manga. i might as well kill myself. nobody can like manga if i dont like it. :risitasad: why come people dont like me when i call them stupid for liking manga. they must hate themselves like i do :pepemotion:

:stop:this soft crying bro. take care of yourself and stop trying to make other peoples lives more like yours:watchout:
lmao these people are crazy for depression on manga they don’t like.

Seth and solis will never survive 1950s or less.
Beisde I do have depression before but I just fight against it. Depression is no more for me.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
At the end of this arc Kid will show up to the post-party, and when he sees Luffy, he will continue to act like Luffy's equal and call himself, "Luffy's Rival"........but Kid fans, you'd be fool to believe it...
"You better watch your back Mugiwara because I'm coming for that title too!".

Luffy: Sure Jaggy let's find out who will do it first.

Fandom: Sure Kidd.
:milaugh:

I'm actually really curious as to the structure Oda's going for the next 2-3 chapters. For a chapter titled Kid and Law vs Big Mom, it contained barely more pages than other chapters of their fight.

Like I see 3 avenues:

- Because he named a Vs title, he's gonna continue to focus on their fight full force. This means at least 1-3 full 14-16 pagers to cap off the battle. This, imo, is very unlikely, or at least I doubt Oda will give them more than a full chapter alone with her.

- the 2nd, more realistic option is next chapter once again has some of their fight, maybe half a chapter, before it shifts to closing off things like the Kazenbo fire stuff or Raizo/Fukurokuju or Zoro or CP0. Then Oda simply gives us sections of 1040+ where he shows their fight or Luffy's until he decides that Big Mom should be taken out in a full chapter (like every other major fight, especially Queen and King)).

- Finally it could just be that he once again pushes the fight off to finish other things. This I feel is the least likely because he already called the Vs title. Even Luffy vs Lucci, while it started in 418, was the primary focus of most chapters until 428, with all background plot finishing until he won. I'm not sure I see Oda playing the "Luffy-fight" card here for Kid and Law. That will be reserved for Luffy's fight with Kaido

Tldr: I think the next 1-5 chapters will be either full focused on this fight (less chapters) or a featured number of pages in most chapters (more chapters). I don't think Oda will necessarily push off the fight.

Last edited:
I know Oda wouldn't kill off Zoro, but let's really consider what is about to go down here. This is equivalent to taking Big Mom and Kaido ultimate combo, strongest attack in the series shown so far, TWICE, 2x, add 2x for damage he took from King too.

I mean, we know Zoro is an endurance monster but gahdamn, who could survive something like that? Kuma also said it would be impossible for Zoro to survive, but this is far more dangerous than "Nothing Happened" moment.

But even then, Zoro has never seen a Grim Reaper before, he never hallucinated from pain before. Miyagi never mentioned hallucination as a side effect of the medicine, so this Grim Reaper apparition could throw things completely sideways and unpredictable.

Like just think of the structure on other major fights (discounting P1/Jack tbh)

Nami/Usopp started fighting Ulti 995 (mostly running lol). Jinbe and Franky started fighting WsW/Sasaki in 998. Robin started hers in 1005. They all got short scenes ovdr the next 20 chapters until Oda spent about 6 chapters (1016-1021) defeating them sequentially.

Sanji encountered Queen in 1016, skirmished with him until 1022. Then Zoro joined in for King. Then 1023 happened. Then nothing until 1027/1028. By this point, Zoro and Sanji were the primary focus over the next ~10 chapters, save for 1029/1030 as those were mainly for Killer, Kid and Law. They won 15-20 chapters after it started.

Now the structure continues for BM, but on a larger timescale (about 30 chapters). Fight started with Kid in 1013 (or earlier if you want to be technical), had a myriad of paneling until 1029 where we see her fight them. Then 1030/1031 where they get a bit more focus from Awakening and her response. Now 1038 is finally focusing on her.

I would sooner believe that the next few chapters caps off the fight, then it being pushed off again. While I don't think it ends in 1039, I can definitely see it end in 1040 (if Oda gives 2 full chapters) or 1041-1045 (if he only gives us 6-10 pages every few chapters until the 1 full chapter to be defeated).

She's definitely going down in less than 10 chapters. Could be next chapter even (though it would need to be a full chapter to their fight and intensely drawn to be convincing).

Oda 100% has a pattern on how he handles battles these days. It's very much:

- start fight
- skirmish fight with several scenes over time (background)
- begin to focus on fight over x amount of chapters (foreground/focus)
- end fight in 1-2 chapters.

Right now the Kid/Law fight is at step 3, or will be next chapter (or step 4)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.