Kid flashback and chapter ends with Kid & BM COC clash
Kid's W without BM losing this chapter
Imagine the seething if Kid and BM do a "no touching" clash like Kaido and Luffy:steef: I would unironically apologize to Kid fans and thank for the tons of salt it would generate
Post automatically merged:

If BM doesn't go down this arc, I'll eat my shoe
:willsmith:

I think we would almost be regressing by setting up Big Mom as the big baddie of an arc, especially when we are going to enter the final saga after Wano.

There just isn't enough you can give for Big Mom to be this obstacle to the Strawhats post Wano. Kaido has all the conflict going for him right now with Wano's problems, its residents' connection to the SH's, Yamato being chained down, unethical use of smiles, weapons production and whatnot.

The things which make Big Mom an antagonistic force have more or less been addressed in WCI and are honestly not even close to setting her up as a dedicated villain for a future arc. If anything, her inherent childlike nature and her dream to unite all the races points towards her helping Luffy's cause by the end more than anything.

The fight itself wouldn't matter when Big Mom doesn't even have the legs to stand on as a villain post Wano despite all the potential it holds (in terms of choreography, intensity etc.) for you.
You say all these things but remember this is Oda.

If he wants to make Big Mom become a villain for a third arc and get defeated by Luffy he will find a way to do it.

The same thing if she gets defeated in this arc by Kid and Law.

At the end of the day, Big Mom returning for a third arc and fighting Luffy is what I want but not what I believe in.

The only time I enjoyed Big Mom in the Wano arc was during the roof battle with the exception of the chapter where they push her off, other than that I have not been enjoying her character that much during this arc.

I thought I would enjoy her more during the fight against Kid and Law but unfortunately most of that fight has been off paneled, and when we do see a little bit of the actual fight it feels very underwhelming.

Imo Big Mom has been treated way worse in the Wano arc than she has during the second half of the WCI arc.
Yep I was afraid for her and her crew, as well as the Beast Pirates in Wano but I didn't expect this to go this awfully bad.

Frankly Wano is the worst arc I've read by far since discovering One Piece, and it combines the flaws of both Dressrosa and WCI arcs but in even worse.

I think we would almost be regressing by setting up Big Mom as the big baddie of an arc, especially when we are going to enter the final saga after Wano.

There just isn't enough you can give for Big Mom to be this obstacle to the Strawhats post Wano. Kaido has all the conflict going for him right now with Wano's problems, its residents' connection to the SH's, Yamato being chained down, unethical use of smiles, weapons production and whatnot.

The things which make Big Mom an antagonistic force have more or less been addressed in WCI and are honestly not even close to setting her up as a dedicated villain for a future arc. If anything, her inherent childlike nature and her dream to unite all the races points towards her helping Luffy's cause by the end more than anything.

The fight itself wouldn't matter when Big Mom doesn't even have the legs to stand on as a villain post Wano despite all the potential it holds (in terms of choreography, intensity etc.) for you.
This a thousand times over

Yep I was afraid for her and her crew, as well as the Beast Pirates in Wano but I didn't expect this to go this awfully bad.

Frankly Wano is the worst arc I've read by far since discovering One Piece, and it combines the flaws of both Dressrosa and WCI arcs but in even worse.
I don't hate the Wano arc but I do have my own issues and criticism and if Big Mom actually gets defeated in the next chapter, I will lose all my hope for Oda's writing for the rest of this arc.

Not the story as a whole just the Wano arc.