He also said he's gonna take down Jack. Luffy should have been the one fighting BM and Kidd and Law vs Kaido instead though, I'm not sure what Oda is thinking.

:lusalty:
I think Luffy's words make sense if he claims it against someone meant to be the main villain of X Arc.

Like if he was strong enough to take on BM in WCI with the whole crew and Katakuri was a typical #2 for Zoro, then I would have wholeheartedly believed his words then.

This is why it works for someone like Crocodile or Doflamingo or Kata or Kaido, because they are main villains of an arc. BM and Jack unfortunately just were not and never (seemingly) meant to be.

This is also why I stress there is likely a difference with Shanks, because we do not know enough about the character to say he won't be a main fight for Luffy later on as a primary antagonist.

I do implore people to just look at one obvious connection though: Mihawk.

If Mihawk is meant to always be Zoro's last fight, and Mihawk is heavily associated with the RHP (literally his only known relationship), AND the fact that Mihawk needs to be involved in the endgame, it makes sense why Shanks/Mihawk could/would be Luffy and Zoro's last fights respectively.

I am curious what people will say if Mihawk and Shanks ally post-Wano now that Mihawk does not have his Shichibukai status

G

Gorosei Informer

Luffy can still fight her later, but that won‘t be a hard fight for him anymore at that point lol.
It will feel like sloppy seconds for me tbh. Also Kid and Law should be allowed to get the defeat on her, it just feels very odd to me that they won't take down BM but Luffy will have to beat her later instead. If he fights her as he should have, it should be at Elbaf instead imo. This is just such a messy situation tbh, even as Kidd fan, I'm in two minds about whether she should be defeated right now or still be up again this chapter to come.

I don't need Luffy to clown her even more than she already has been already, he's already been giving Kaido hell now out of almost nowhere and imagine what he'll do to BM after she's been clowned so brutally in this arc and then faces Pirate Jesus/Next Joyboy/Next Nika or whatever himself?

But given Oda has "forgotten" the BM pirates for absolutely ages now, I fear she is not done here regardless too, I think they will return at Elbaf or BM will be forced to retreat with them for one reason or another and Smoothie and especially Compote will still do nothing despite their apparent importance and strength lmfao. Seeing how Oda has treated Jack has made me much more fearful/concerned now too for them.

It would have been so much more satisfying if Luffy and even all the SHs fought BM together in a grand finale to their built up war from Fishman Island with each other but its also succinctly ironic that Lola originally said to Nami at Thriller Bark that her mother would help them too, given what Big Mom has turned out to be like too lmao.

The more I think about this, the worse it gets.

:nicagesmile:

G

Gorosei Informer

How do you know that? And Big Mom is a Yonko with a lot of experience. I'm pretty sure she has it.
its staggering that despite having her fruit for what 63 years now, that we've not seen her awakening confirmed on-screen and surely if anything should have fully mastered their DF with that much experience, it's her?! Almost her entire life with it, over 6 decades of having it!

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
He also said he's gonna take down Jack. Luffy should have been the one fighting BM instead and Kidd and Law fight Kaido instead though, I'm not sure what Oda is thinking.

Luffy fighting BM makes little sense.

Since PH story was set for Luffy vs Kaido as all arcs since PH were leading towards wano.

WCI was a little detour which never established clear cut animosity from Luffy's side for BM. Heck, Fishman island did better in this aspect than WCI.

So, Luffy vs kaido makes total sense.

Now, problem is that kidd and law vs BM doesn't go well if look at the context.

I think Oda missed on two better alternatives -

1) SNs vs Kaido with Luffy dealing with BM post wano in Elbaf or detour to WCi to save allies

Or

2)Kidd getting captured by BM and because of Luffy's mess in WCi he got escaped but came to wano following BM to take revenge.

This will set Luffy vs kaido and Kidd + law against BM

G

Gorosei Informer

It was stated by Doffy that some DFs have it.

Logically BM should have it, but again, doesn't stop her from being down now. Luffy can fight her later.

Oh fuck no, don't tell me awakenings are selective like CoC? So not all DFs can't have it? I had the headcanon that CoC would be needed to to Awaken DFs but that would fuel the exact notion that I hate ironically, that not all DFs can be awoken or can only be awoken by CoC users then and thus like CoC, you can't learn it, you have to be born with it. I hate that shit. Fuck that "born great" or "born talented " shit.

Oh fuck no, don't tell me awakenings are selective like CoC? So not all DFs can't have it? I had the headcanon that CoC would be needed to to Awaken DFs but that would fuel the exact notion that I hate ironically, that not all DFs can be awoken or can only be awoken by CoC users then and thus like CoC, you can't learn it, you have to be born with it. I hate that shit. Fuck that "born great" or "born talented " shit.

Impel down awakened zoan guards say hello