Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Like I said in the previous post, this wasn't really my call.

I think it was a mix of the terms, the gamestate and other things that led to it.
I can understand fully the frustration and it's totally warranted for all that's happened.

I think when we saw the terms we thought is this really gonna work?

And we had also gained Perfect Cell, as well as Ratchet got a second role as well, so we were in a much much stronger position to win for ourselves.

We took the greedy route - but this was NOT, and I repeat, NOT planned before we saw the terms. Up untill then we were all aboard with the merge, just to end the game lmao
We could have made Kvothe and Ratchet the two who kept their roles and we could have done so much. One had 5 roles and the other had 2 roles.

Forget it. Congrats on the victory.

Emil

Certified Memelord
The Two Time Mafia

Tohru – @Ekkologix
"I was raised to repay all favours, even if owed to foolish, inferior humans!"

Delver Rank - Red Whistle

[Passive - Maid] - Tohru was raised to hate humans and with nothing but destruction in her mind as a Chaos Dragon. That changed, however, when she met Kobayashi. During D0, while she's looking for a partner to link herself for the [White Whistle] connection, she will slowly learn to become kinder. The player to link up with her during the event will become [Kobayashi] to her. They will gain a private chat and may talk to each other through the game. Tohru and her teammates are immune to the actions of Kobayashi, and vice versa.
--- [The One] - Having been finally accepted by someone, Tohru will quickly fall in love with her partner. She must protect them at all costs throughout the game. If she is killed, Thoru will retaliate and devour the perpetrator, super-killing, and janitoring their role. If it fails, she will learn their identity and gain 2 additional votes against them. After getting her revenge, she will be heartbroken, resulting in her being role-crushed for a cycle.
--- [The Protector] - Tohru is keeping a close eye on Kobayashi in order to protect her. Each phase, she will deflect the first action targeting her, and also learn the identity of anyone that visited her. If a player targets Kobayashi with a negative action, she will learn their role name and role-block them the following phase. During the following cycle, actions performed by her against them will be upgraded.
--- [Squatting] - Each cycle, Tohru may invite one member of her team to her private chat with Kobayashi. Their invitation will last a phase, and at the end of it, Kobayashi and Tohru will have the option to extend it permanently. If Kobayashi permanently invites 2 of Tohru's teammates and reveals her role name to Thoru, she will be recruited into their Mafia group.
--- [Jealousy] - If a player has quoted Kobayashi more than 5 times, or tagged her 2 times or plus, she will start suspecting them of being attracted to Kobayashi. Any of her actions performed against a player she's jealous of being upgraded. This includes the factional kill. If a player quotes Kobayashi more than 30 times or tags her 15 times in a phase, Tohru will immediately kill them.

[Passive - Dragon] - As a Dragon, Tohru possesses immense power and durability. She never gets sick or unhealthy. Tohru is bulletproof, she's also immune to role-crushed and all debuffs. As a non-human, she can see the force-field of the abyss which makes her immune to the [Curse of the Abyss]. She can dive without being affected by it.
--- [Regeneration] - Tohru can regenerate any limb after cutting them. She will always regenerate any ability lost, as well as heal from any ailments she suffers from, the following phase.
--- [Flight] - As a Dragon, she can use her wings to fly at high speed. She will evade the first action targeting her each phase and may delve into two layers during the same phase.
--- [Stamina] - Thoru doesn't require sleep, she can post and vote during the night phase if the game thread is open.
--- [Sharp Teeth] - Possessing razor-sharp teeth, Tohru will leave her target unrecognizable when performing a kill. She will janitor their role.
--- [Sonar] - Tohru's actions are immune to redirection, and will always find their target.

[Passive - Poisonous] - Thoru's tail is poisonous. She will drain the vote of any player that visits her, and learn the name of everyone that visited her during a cycle at the end of it. If a player visits her twice in a row, performing hostile actions, she will poison them.

[Activated Passive - Perception Blocking] - Tohru is capable of rendering herself and others invisible. Thoru may activate this ability to render her team invisible. This will last a full phase, any actions targeting them will fail. She will learn the identity of any player that attempted to visit them, and if a player visited them twice, she will learn their role name. If a player visited them thrice, she will retaliate and kill them. If she fails, she will learn their full role. [2-shots]

[Active - Cleansing Saliva] - Each cycle, Tohru may target a player and heal them from any ailments they're currently suffering from. Twice during the game, this can also restore an expended shot from a limited ability. She may not target the same ability with these two shots. [2-shots]

[Active - Shapeshifting] - Each day, she may target a player and disguise herself as them. She will appear as for them in write-ups when performing an action, and she will show up as their investigation result. Mistaken for her target, actions against her will also affect her target. This may not be used one the same player twice in a row.

[Active - Barrier] - Tohru has the ability to project a barrier around an area to protect it. She can target 2 players of her choice, and protect them against any action, including super-kills. The barrier will redirect back any actions targeting them. [2-shots]

[Active - Clairvoyance] - Tohru has the ability to see through things. In each phase, Tohru may target a write-up and learn the identity of any [???] present in it as well as the effects of each ability performed in it. She can not see through a night write-up.
--- [Genius] - Thrice during the game, she may create an exact replica of an ability she has seen in a write-up. She will gain it as a one-shot. [3-shots]

[Active - Special Magic] - Using this rare skill, Tohru is able to open portals to other areas, dimensions, and worlds, with ease.
--- [Portal A] - At night, Tohru may target a player and open a portal next to them. The portal will lead to another location on the player's list of her choosing. Abilities targeted by the first player will also affect the secondary player during that phase. Some abilities may fail due to not being able to pass through the portal. [2-shots]
--- [Portal B] -
During the day, Tohru may open a portal in the thread and leave the game. She will be untargetable during that cycle, however, she may not perform any action of her own nor post in the main game thread, but instead in the General Mafia Thread. If a player post within 1 minute of the opening of the portal, they'll also travel through space and get stuck with her in the General Mafia Thread. [1-shot]
--- [Portal C] -
Locked.

[Active - Fire Breath] - Tohru's primary method of attack. As a Chaos Dragon, she is able to breathe fire so strong that it can sweep away clouds with ease.
--- [Blast of Flame] - Tohru may target a player and destroy the next action they perform, disabling the ability itself for a cycle. If the action destroyed is a hostile action, it will be engulfed in the explosion, upgrading it and redirecting it back to its sender.
--- [Incinerating Beam] - At night, Tohru may target a player and destroy one of their abilities. If she targets the same player twice, she will instead role-crush them permanently. [2-shots]
--- [Pure Burst] -
Starting D3, and after having participated in the lynching of at least one innocent player, Tohru may target a payer and super-kill them, as well as kill the players adjacent to them due to it's the strength of this destructive burst. Each subsequent lynch in which Tohru is amongst the first 3 voters, she will gain an additional shot of this ability. [1-shot]
--- [Cloud Sweaper] -
Once during the game, Tohru may unleash a burst of flames strong enough to sweep anything in its way. She may unleash it in a layer she dove in, role-blocking any player present in it and stealing any artifacts they may have found in that phase. [1-shot]

Then you were the only one who accepted. Still doesn't change the fact that a compromise, some communication, some sort of plan to be worked out and more could have been done.

A misunderstanding? This wasn't one. They clearly were against the merge and the guilt tripping swayed one and turned off the rest apparently.
We were gullible lol. Or specifically I was gullible and I steered us in the wrong direction. It’s a game of lies anyway.

I just wanted to vent what I had to vent because otherwise I’d have exploded down the line and to make it clear that a.) mechanically and b.) honorably it was bad arguments against it and that there was zero reason we couldn’t all win together. Us not winning was simply choosing winning alone > winning together for the sake of it. But no one is obligated to play mafia to make friends.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
We were gullible lol. Or specifically I was gullible and I steered us in the wrong direction. It’s a game of lies anyway.

I just wanted to vent what I had to vent because otherwise I’d have exploded down the line and to make it clear that a.) mechanically and b.) honorably it was bad arguments against it and that there was zero reason we couldn’t all win together. Us not winning was simply choosing winning alone > winning together for the sake of it. But no one is obligated to play mafia to make friends.
You weren't. You made us all believe in it and you actually made all this possible until this point. If it weren't for you, the game might have turned out so differently tbh.

Never blame yourself for something you're not at fault for. I won't let you.

For me this was nothing personal

Please know that at least
I do lol. Like I said I had a ton of fun watching you. I’ve never enjoyed watching a scum game so much. I even kept telling my friend who doesn’t play mafia about you killing townies in broad daylight lmao.

Honestly I’ve got most of it out of my system and I’m not really feeling it anymore. It feels better just to get it out there.

But the hiatus tour still starts now. I need a break.
:endthis:

You weren't. You made us all believe in it and you actually made all this possible until this point. If it weren't for you, the game might have turned out so differently tbh.

Never blame yourself for something you're not at fault for. I won't let you.
I’m glad you guys saw my vision as a captain even up until we hit the iceberg lmao.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
I do lol. Like I said I had a ton of fun watching you. I’ve never enjoyed watching a scum game so much. I even kept telling my friend who doesn’t play mafia about you killing townies in broad daylight lmao.

Honestly I’ve got most of it out of my system and I’m not really feeling it anymore. It feels better just to get it out there.

But the hiatus tour still starts now.
I'm glad you had fun, that's all that matters

It was a wild ride

Status
Not open for further replies.