Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have characters who our skilled with Observation haki such as Luffy, Zoro, Ussop, Sanji, Jimbei and Yamato I don't think look out is necessary. You want to talk about how Carrot is shown in various panels of her seeing things from a far distances. However, you don’t acknowledge the accomplishments that Ussop did himself for being a sniper while saving members of his crew for example including Robin, the strawhats, and even Luffy. On top of that Robin's devil fruit can also sprout random body parts including her "eye" to see things from a far distance. Yamato also has a better version of suslong with her devil fruit and she is even stronger fighter who is skilled with 3 versions of haki already. According sbs 71 sanji is very skilled with observation Haki. Luffy can already use future sight to some degree and sense things around him.
Whole cake proved that a look out was sometimes necessary. This is not a topic up for debate! Without a lookout, the protagonist can't see the ship at the distance. A good Haki is completely useless as it's not about the men, but about the position of the ship and the distance between them. Plus observation Haki and devil fruit power require stamina and concentration, two things that can't be called upon in case of emergancy without even knowing that there is a danger because - spoiler - because of the structure of the ship, the crew as a limited range of sight. Again, this is not up for debate, the necessity of a look out in a situation like whole cake was cleared by the story.

Plus Carrot is not only a look out, she is a sentry, her role is double and her Sulong ability makes her the best at this post without debate.

Again. The strawhats have dedicated role. Saying that each strawhat can do the role of look out is forgetting that sometimes we need all of them at their post and the non necessary one in the combat zone. Saying that Robin or Usopp can be the look out is like saying that Nami can be the cook. It negates everything that the story is telling us.

Yamato doesn't have a better version of Sulong. Sulongs can litterally fly. Yamato can't do that. Period.

Yes, it’s true carrot can get stronger and possibly get better in the future but, the point still stands were not seeing any of the strawhats helping or fighting for her own behalf. In other words where is the motivational drive directly from a strawhat for her to get stronger for the strawhats sake not just for herself. We’re not seeing Luffy really fixated on wanting her to join the crew. If Carrot is supposed, to be the "last", Oda is really doing a poor job illustrating her significance and importance within this arc which will change, the game for the straw hats moving forward. Right now, all the straw hats could end up becoming stronger after successfully defeating the flying six, the Commanders and Kaido. Granted, there are certain characters in the raid such as Ussop, Nami, and Chopper they still need room to grow . While Carrot on another hand is stuck eating grass is depending on someone else who is not a straw hat to come save her. It doesn’t really seem like she is contributing to help Luffy or the straw hats in the current situation. If she did, she would be doing her part by helping the straw hats fight against members of the flying six or possible stall Kaido. Let’s face the reality, they were two personal enemies directly towards her that could elevates her chance of joining the straw hats. Characters for example Jack and perospero come to mind. Jack is responsible for destroying her homeland and torturing her people. While perospero shut down her happy go lucky adventure. Obviously, carrot wouldn't beat these guys by herself. If one of the straw hats had to step up in order to back up her just like they did with Brook than maybe she might have had a chance. If we had seen her fight and oda had give us little bit more detail surrounding her backstory with Pedro it would raised the possibility of her joining and motivation for her to get stronger for the strawhats

Again (for the 1000th time) Oda is not trying to portray CArrot as a future strawhat here. That is something that he will do later. What Oda is trying to do, is ONLY setup Carrot to jump back on the sunny again. Nothing more, nothing less. I explained why in detail in my previous posts.

So .. The strawhats fighting for Carrot is not what matters right now. What matter is the conflict of the fight and the narrative impact of it on the character. The fact that no strawhat came to save Carrot is logical, it would have negated the whole point of the fight and the impact of the defeat on Carrot.

For the same reason, Carrot is not here in Wano to "help" the strawhat, she is here to fullfill her role as a stowaway. She MIGHT help the strawhat later, but this is not what is important right now for her character.

Because again for the x time: Fighting a strong ennemy does not make the chances of being recruited go any higher. Tho two parameters are not in relationship.

When you have characters who our skilled with Observation haki such as Luffy, Zoro, Ussop, Sanji, Jimbei and Yamato I don't think look out is necessary. You want to talk about how Carrot is shown in various panels of her seeing things from a far distances. However, you don’t acknowledge the accomplishments that Ussop did himself for being a sniper while saving members of his crew for example including Robin, the strawhats, and even Luffy. On top of that Robin's devil fruit can also sprout random body parts including her "eye" to see things from a far distance. Yamato also has a better version of suslong with her devil fruit and she is even stronger fighter who is skilled with 3 versions of haki already. According sbs 71 sanji is very skilled with observation Haki. Luffy can already use future sight to some degree and sense things around him.

Yes, it’s true carrot can get stronger and possibly get better in the future but, the point still stands were not seeing any of the strawhats helping or fighting for her own behalf. In other words where is the motivational drive directly from a strawhat for her to get stronger for the strawhats sake not just for herself. We’re not seeing Luffy really fixated on wanting her to join the crew. If Carrot is supposed, to be the "last", Oda is really doing a poor job illustrating her significance and importance within this arc which will change, the game for the straw hats moving forward. Right now, all the straw hats could end up becoming stronger after successfully defeating the flying six, the Commanders and Kaido. Granted, there are certain characters in the raid such as Ussop, Nami, and Chopper they still need room to grow . While Carrot on another hand is stuck eating grass is depending on someone else who is not a straw hat to come save her. It doesn’t really seem like she is contributing to help Luffy or the straw hats in the current situation. If she did, she would be doing her part by helping the straw hats fight against members of the flying six or possible stall Kaido. Let’s face the reality, they were two personal enemies directly towards her that could elevates her chance of joining the straw hats. Characters for example Jack and perospero come to mind. Jack is responsible for destroying her homeland and torturing her people. While perospero shut down her happy go lucky adventure. Obviously, carrot wouldn't beat these guys by herself. If one of the straw hats had to step up in order to back up her just like they did with Brook than maybe she might have had a chance. If we had seen her fight and oda had give us little bit more detail surrounding her backstory with Pedro it would raised the possibility of her joining and motivation for her to get stronger for the strawhats

Carrot stills suffers from a one-page backstory that is not elaborate to us it only shows us how she was able to obtain her gauntlets. A flashback that is very similar to countless side Characters, even in the zou flashback it wasn't centered around her as a character. In whole cake island arc she still felt like she was just there to supporting the other characters along. The only thing she showed us what minks are capable of. I don't think we hate Carrot at all. I think some of us had high expectations that carrot would be a significant character throughout wano. So far from what we have seen the way oda portrayed her has been little let down and disappointment. She lost that opportunity to be a deep character, be a big help throughout wano and the raid. Instead, she would be with the rest of the minks and having her fight completely offscreen having her other mentors deals with the problem instead of the strawhats. Even when Cat Viper was down when the moon was covered, she didn't bother to help him. I am not for momo joining the crew. At least he was able to bite Kaido and conquer his fear surrounding heights and his ptsd. Otama at least change the tied of the war by using her devil fruit. Yamato at least is showing she is holding Kaido off little longer until Luffy arrives. do. Yes, we did see carrot and wanda save Marco. Sadly we didn't see Carrot and Wando fight against perospero throughout this manga
Carrot backstory is her PRESENT story. I have explained in detail why previously. But quickly:

A backstory is only here to provide key elements: A desire, a tragic motor, a moral pillar for the character a need and a strong purpose.

Right now, each one of this elements is being delivered in REAL TIME by Oda concerning Carrot. From Zou all the way to Wano in chapter 1006. This is why saying that Carrot's backstory is too scares makes no sence from a narrative point of view. Carrot's has exactly what she needs at the present time in the story. The only thing left for her to get is a strong purpose. We know that Oda already setup this in the story, all we have to do know is wait for it, because it's coming.

But I can understand that some of you are dissapointed by her storyline or the fight.. But this won't negate her impact has a future strawhat later.

Carrot's story is far from over.
Post automatically merged:

The best people to be a lookout, Viola, was already "skipped"... There's no reason for the SHs to recruit an inferior one, especially this late in the story... That, aside from the fact that the level of competition has already skyrocketed...
That's not how recruitments works.

ONLY setup Carrot to jump back on the sunny again.
This is just hopeful thinking.....in reality its not happening. It is possible oda was planning to have carrot tag along... But there is no good reason for it.....it is possible like law and others..... Carrot might tag along with few more characters.. But I don't see her being an official SH... And frankly even her tagging along seems forced writing. She will get 0 panels anyway.

Whole cake proved that a look out was sometimes necessary. This is not a topic up for debate! Without a lookout, the protagonist can't see the ship at the distance. A good Haki is completely useless as it's not about the men, but about the position of the ship and the distance between them. Plus observation Haki and devil fruit power require stamina and concentration, two things that can't be called upon in case of emergancy without even knowing that there is a danger because - spoiler - because of the structure of the ship, the crew as a limited range of sight. Again, this is not up for debate, the necessity of a look out in a situation like whole cake was cleared by the story.

Plus Carrot is not only a look out, she is a sentry, her role is double and her Sulong ability makes her the best at this post without debate.

Again. The strawhats have dedicated role. Saying that each strawhat can do the role of look out is forgetting that sometimes we need all of them at their post and the non necessary one in the combat zone. Saying that Robin or Usopp can be the look out is like saying that Nami can be the cook. It negates everything that the story is telling us.

Yamato doesn't have a better version of Sulong. Sulongs can litterally fly. Yamato can't do that. Period.

Again (for the 1000th time) Oda is not trying to portray CArrot as a future strawhat here. That is something that he will do later. What Oda is trying to do, is ONLY setup Carrot to jump back on the sunny again. Nothing more, nothing less. I explained why in detail in my previous posts.

So .. The strawhats fighting for Carrot is not what matters right now. What matter is the conflict of the fight and the narrative impact of it on the character. The fact that no strawhat came to save Carrot is logical, it would have negated the whole point of the fight and the impact of the defeat on Carrot.

For the same reason, Carrot is not here in Wano to "help" the strawhat, she is here to fullfill her role as a stowaway. She MIGHT help the strawhat later, but this is not what is important right now for her character.

Because again for the x time: Fighting a strong ennemy does not make the chances of being recruited go any higher. Tho two parameters are not in relationship.

Carrot backstory is her PRESENT story. I have explained in detail why previously. But quickly:

A backstory is only here to provide key elements: A desire, a tragic motor, a moral pillar for the character a need and a strong purpose.

Right now, each one of this elements is being delivered in REAL TIME by Oda concerning Carrot. From Zou all the way to Wano in chapter 1006. This is why saying that Carrot's backstory is too scares makes no sence from a narrative point of view. Carrot's has exactly what she needs at the present time in the story. The only thing left for her to get is a strong purpose. We know that Oda already setup this in the story, all we have to do know is wait for it, because it's coming.

But I can understand that some of you are dissapointed by her storyline or the fight.. But this won't negate her impact has a future strawhat later.

Carrot's story is far from over.
Post automatically merged:

That's not how recruitments works.

Whole cake island didn't prove anything, she failed the moment she stepped in WCI when she got caught in the mirror world, she gets repeatedly shown failing throughout WCI. The only times she succeeds is when she is with people more capable than her. Sulong was just to show off what the minks were capable of in the full moon. You're telling me Larrot jumping and looking around is better than observation haki up to future sight? Don't make me laugh, stamina consumption, yes but not as intense as when you're in a battle and mind you Luffy fought Katakuri for 12 hours constantly using Observation Haki and he learned a bit of future sight and used that to, now I wonder how long Observation Haki will last when it isn't used for battle.

Sulong only happens once every full moon and even if she was a lookout with a double role, she would get low diffed by the people that she is looking out for lol so it's pretty pointless.

The one time where the SH's are in a position where a lookout it is needed, I wonder who steps up? Not Larrot, but Ussop does lol, and he used Observation haki in that scene. I think that completely solidifies what's better between Observation haki and a mink.

Yamato DF > Sulong in every category, no debate lol. I can't believe you tryna argue that Sulong has something better than Yamatos DF. Yamato even in base would outclass everything Larrot has plus Sulong.

You just admitted that Larrot isn't being setup as a Straw Hat lol, and her jumping onto the Sunny is just wishful thinking.

Everything you said after your wishful thinking is negated by the fact she has like 20 panels throughout the whole of Wano, 50% of that in Act 3 of her doing jack shit. If you're telling me that her story is happening in real time, and everything she is doing now is a setup for later than this has to be the shittiest Character in all of Anime & Manga.

All that's left for her is to get a strong purpose? Like what? A lookout? Adventure? I don't see anything being setup, everything she said before, she has already accomplished and is just in this Raid because she is part of the minks.

No for two reasons:

1. For narrative reasons, the strawhat grand fleet is complete. There shall be no more member in that fleet. I explained that here:

2. Again for a narrative reason I call "development inertia" Carrot would need to be setup first as a leader to become a captain and she was depicted as too narratively important to become just a second on a pirate ship. I explained the concept of "development inertia" here (This is a link to my blog):

Can't you focus on multiple problems at a time ?

I'm not obsessed, I'm diligent and I love the craft behind One Piece. Carrot is just a case study.
Narratively to important??? To become a second on a pirate ship??? :youcraz::suresure:
she isn’t even a side character anymore

Thats because shes got no actual goals. Atleast none relevant ones. Maybe she wants to plant a 1000 carrots or something
Maybe her end goal is to protect and become one of the new guardians of Wano. The setup is already there :goyea:
  • She's literally in a guardian position and never spoke about leaving it. She also made plans to come back to Zou and resume said position.
  • She's still happily taking orders from her masters.
  • She started Wano with her babysitter Wanda and has been with her in every act. She's been with her 40+ chapters in the raid and hasn't had a single SH interaction since. Her biggest moment of the arc and only character plotline was shared with Wanda.
  • The Dawn and mink plot has been heavily tied to the Kozuki clan. Now we have Zunesha coming to support Momo's future and potentially stay there for good.
To take the words of a wise man, "The sooner we accept that Carrot and Wanda will stick together after Wano (regardless of where that may be), the sooner the healing can start."

Don't want a literal man child and oda using him for obviously fan service :whitepress:... he will be useless anyway when you think about the future interactions with the enemy. At least, I could bear to watch a bunny coming out once in a while to do some fodder fighting like a tag along.:lusalty:
I don't want to see momo at all in the future if possible.
Me too! Momo becoming a crew member is the worst-case scenario.
Unfortunately he was said to have a lot of importance in One Piece world, but he will probably just end as another Shirahoshi; Just like Shirahoshi can call Sea Kings, Momo can talk to Zou. But that's all.

This is just hopeful thinking.....in reality its not happening. It is possible oda was planning to have carrot tag along... But there is no good reason for it.....it is possible like law and others..... Carrot might tag along with few more characters.. But I don't see her being an official SH... And frankly even her tagging along seems forced writing. She will get 0 panels anyway.
No good reason for it? Wrong. At the end of One Piece where wonder is the one thing that is fading away, having a character like Carrot in the strawhat that can draw you back to the early days of the story by just appreciating x1000 everything that she experiment is EXACTLY what the story needs right now.

There is no "forced writing here" Carrot has been meticulousely placed with the strawhat brick by brick for more than 7 years now. This is in fact exactly what a perfect integration is.

Whole cake island didn't prove anything, she failed the moment she stepped in WCI when she got caught in the mirror world, she gets repeatedly shown failing throughout WCI. The only times she succeeds is when she is with people more capable than her. Sulong was just to show off what the minks were capable of in the full moon. You're telling me Larrot jumping and looking around is better than observation haki up to future sight? Don't make me laugh, stamina consumption, yes but not as intense as when you're in a battle and mind you Luffy fought Katakuri for 12 hours constantly using Observation Haki and he learned a bit of future sight and used that to, now I wonder how long Observation Haki will last when it isn't used for battle.
Wrong again. Whole cake island (or rather its end) proved that the role of a look out was a necessity in dyer situations like a chase. Again, this is not up for debate.

Sulong was not here just to show off only what the mink could do. If it was the case, there would have been NO emphasis on the character of Carrot both in term of composition, design or reaction with the characters. In fact, the opposite happened. This is again, not up for debate, the outlining of those chapter is crystal clear enough for you to understand that.

Sulong only happens once every full moon and even if she was a lookout with a double role, she would get low diffed by the people that she is looking out for lol so it's pretty pointless.
And right now, battles are happening under the moon light. Next

The one time where the SH's are in a position where a lookout it is needed, I wonder who steps up? Not Larrot, but Ussop does lol, and he used Observation haki in that scene. I think that completely solidifies what's better between Observation haki and a mink.
Carrot is not a strawhat yet, she doesn't need to do this job all the time. Next.

Yamato DF > Sulong in every category, no debate lol. I can't believe you tryna argue that Sulong has something better than Yamatos DF. Yamato even in base would outclass everything Larrot has plus Sulong.
Wrong, Yamato can't fly. Next.

You just admitted that Larrot isn't being setup as a Straw Hat lol, and her jumping onto the Sunny is just wishful thinking.
SHe is, but throught the lense of the writing of a background character. So.. wrong. There is no world where you give the possibility to a teenager to embark on a roller coster, and this teenager refuses it to go back home.

Everything you said after your wishful thinking is negated by the fact she has like 20 panels throughout the whole of Wano, 50% of that in Act 3 of her doing jack shit. If you're telling me that her story is happening in real time, and everything she is doing now is a setup for later than this has to be the shittiest Character in all of Anime & Manga.
No, everything I said are extrapolations of the current material based on storytelling analysis. "Happening in real time means IN THE PRESENT": It takes whole cake in the balance, not just Wano. But you will understand that soon enough ;)

All that's left for her is to get a strong purpose? Like what? A lookout? Adventure? I don't see anything being setup, everything she said before, she has already accomplished and is just in this Raid because she is part of the minks
No. The same purpose that Jinbe has, but for the Mink. Bringing her race to the dawn of the world.

If she was just a part of the minks, Carrot wouldn't be featured anymore. She would be mixed up in the mass of the mink. She would be, like you guyz are always saying : "Irrelevant". That is not was is happening in the story right now. Carrot is STILL considered a protagonist worthy of attention by Oda. Meaning she is not "irrelevant" and meaning that she still has a role to play in the story.

Again: Storytelling matters.

Narratively to important??? To become a second on a pirate ship??? :youcraz::suresure:
she isn’t even a side character anymore
Yes. Carrot is above all the mink in term of narrative importance. Why can I say that ?

Because Carrot is the mink with the most panel time in all of One Piece.
Because Carrot is the mink with the best dynamic with the crew
Because Carrot is the mink with the most impactfull transformation
Because Carrot is the mink with the most thoughtrough design and characters research
Because Carrot is the mink with the most emotionnal moments
Etc.

Maybe her end goal is to protect and become one of the new guardians of Wano. The setup is already there :goyea:
  • She's literally in a guardian position and never spoke about leaving it. She also made plans to come back to Zou and resume said position.
  • She's still happily taking orders from her masters.
  • She started Wano with her babysitter Wanda and has been with her in every act. She's been with her 40+ chapters in the raid and hasn't had a single SH interaction since. Her biggest moment of the arc and only character plotline was shared with Wanda.
  • The Dawn and mink plot has been heavily tied to the Kozuki clan. Now we have Zunesha coming to support Momo's future and potentially stay there for good.
To take the words of a wise man, "The sooner we accept that Carrot and Wanda will stick together after Wano (regardless of where that may be), the sooner the healing can start."

Everything you wrote here are inventions. The story tells a completely different narrative.

@CarrotForNakama Post your recent thread from Twitter here so we can clown you.
Fine, have fun:

Last edited:
No good reason for it? Wrong. At the end of One Piece where wonder is the one thing that is fading away, having a character like Carrot in the strawhat that can draw you back to the early days of the story by just appreciating x1000 everything that she experiment is EXACTLY what the story needs right now.

There is no "forced writing here" Carrot has been meticulousely placed with the strawhat brick by brick for more than 7 years now. This is in fact exactly what a perfect integration is.

Wrong again. Whole cake island (or rather its end) proved that the role of a look out was a necessity in dyer situations like a chase. Again, this is not up for debate.

Sulong was not here just to show off only what the mink could do. If it was the case, there would have been NO emphasis on the character of Carrot both in term of composition, design or reaction with the characters. In fact, the opposite happened. This is again, not up for debate, the outlining of those chapter is crystal clear enough for you to understand that.

And right now, battles are happening under the moon light. Next

Carrot is not a strawhat yet, she doesn't need to do this job all the time. Next.

Wrong, Yamato can't fly. Next.

SHe is, but throught the lense of the writing of a background character. So.. wrong. There is no world where you give the possibility to a teenager to embark on a roller coster, and this teenager refuses it to go back home.

No, everything I said are extrapolations of the current material based on storytelling analysis. "Happening in real team means IN THE PRESENT": It takes whole cake in the balance, not just Wano. But you will understand that soon enough ;)

No. The same purpose that Jinbe has, but for the Mink. Bringing her race to the dawn of the world.

If she was just a part of the minks, Carrot wouldn't be featured anymore. She would be mixed up in the mass of the mink. She would be, like you guyz are always saying : "Irrelevant". That is not was is happening in the story right now. Carrot is STILL considered a protagonist worthy of attention by Oda. Meaning she is not "irrelevant" and meaning that she still has a role to play in the story.

Again: Storytelling matters.

Yes. Carrot is above all the mink in term of narrative importance. Why can I say that ?

Because Carrot is the mink with the most panel time in all of One Piece.
Because Carrot is the mink with the best dynamic with the crew
Because Carrot is the mink with the most impactfull transformation
Because Carrot is the mink with the most thoughtrough design and characters research
Because Carrot is the mink with the most emotionnal moments
Etc.

Everything you wrote here are inventions. The story tells a completely different narrative.

Fine, have fun:

Larrot drawing us back to the early days of One Piece? That has to be the shittiest joke I've heard of in my 19 years of living. Larrot's been with the SH's for 7 years with almost 0 meaningful panels for 3 Arcs, in those 3 arcs not 1 panel has convinced me Oda is writing Larrot in such a way that it would lead me to believe she will be on the Sunny by the end of Wano.

WCI proved you need a look out but you forget the fact that Larrot and the exponentially better written Mink with the BETTER and EXTENDED backstory that is Pedro were only their to to temporarily replace missing Strawhat roles, Ussop wasn't there in WCI to do the lookout role but now in Onigashima when the role was emphasised, Ussop ceased the opportunity to do the role right in Larrot's face without her noticing.

Composition and Design don't mean shit when literally everybody in One Piece has at least 1 panel that is drawn like Larrot Sulong Form ie Zoro, King, Sanji, Queen and King, Bartolomeo, Cavendish. Reaction from the other characters is something that does matter, at least you got 1 thing right for once. The reactions from Brook, Nami, Chopper and Jinbe are important but the way I read it, they are only amazed by the transformation instead of Larrot. The transformation of Sulong was highlighted only because of what it meant symbolically to the Kozuki's and the Moon, how important it was for it to be highlighted in WCI so that it can be extensively used in Wano as the story comes together for Momo, after that Sulong is literally a dead transformation that only happens once every full moon and could potentially lead to the minks death under certain circumstances.

Battle is only happening under the moonlight now because it was setup that way for one time because of it's important significance towards the Kozuki's, if Larrot were to join then Oda would need to write the moonlight bullshit every time Larrot has to make use of Sulong and that's impossible bcause it happens every 2-3 weeks on 1 day.

She has only ever done this Job once, that's really dire considering it's suppose to be important to the core of her character. So her not doing it frequently is concerning.

Flying in One Piece has only ever been useful a few times in the story in Alabasta, Wano and Dressrosa. Dlying has never been used for combat purposes. Larrot doesn't fly, she leaps.

She is not, not even close, literally nothing in favour of her being written as a Straw Hat. Please don't bring your arbitrary writing skills into Oda's manga, writing through the lens of the background character? Another Joke of yours. Chopper was the same age as Larrot in Drum Island, he was the sole focus of his own arc but he still decided to stay until Kureha and Luffy pushed him. Right now nobody is pushing Larrot into any direction, not Luffy, not Wanda and not Neko. Judge Literally had his kids do war by his side after the training, I don't think Oda limits what a kid can do in One Piece.

WCI doesn't balance anything when WCI at it's peak for Larrot was only decent, Wano just makes her character worse in every chapter that goes by.

15 year old grass eater can't carry the Burden of bringing the Dawn to the minks, Neko, Inu and Zunsha doing a better job than her without even thinking about it. You are taking our statements to literally, when we say she is irrelevant, we mean she doesn't add anything towards progressing the story, we acknowledge her existence occasionally but most of the time she is a cheerleader.

-Mink with the most panel doesn't mean anything when their are factually more important minks by name in Neko and Inu.
-Larrot doesn't have a good dynamic with the crew, everything she does is either in amazement of what the Straw Hats get themselves into or Garchu which is so shallow.
-I agree she does have the Transformation with the most impact among the minks in the situation she was in.
-Wanda, Neko, Inu, Shishillian and Bepo have a better design than Larrot but that's subjective so their is no argument to be had.
-Neko and Inu "Raizo is safe" is lightyears ahead of any Larrot emotional moment.

"Everything you wrote here are inventions. The story tells a completely different narrative." I think this only applies to you, were speaking from the Manga while you speak from your own storytelling head canon like your the Mangaka of the Manga.

That thread of yours on Twitter is purely false info and wishful thinking to fit your own headcanon, it's like you're trying to speak facts about chapters that aren't even out yet.

"Again, this is not up for debate" are you seriously telling us this? everything on this forum is false until proven right unless things said on here directly correlate with the manga. Everything that isn't from the Manga is headcanon and false info. everything is up for debate because their is no true answer and it must be decided upon by the people of the forum. If nothing is up for debate than we would have gotten our answer as to who is joining next and this thread on the forum would be left inactive but it isn't is it?

Larrot drawing us back to the early days of One Piece? That has to be the shittiest joke I've heard of in my 19 years of living. Larrot's been with the SH's for 7 years with almost 0 meaningful panels for 3 Arcs, in those 3 arcs not 1 panel has convinced me Oda is writing Larrot in such a way that it would lead me to believe she will be on the Sunny by the end of Wano.
Wrong. You are purposely ignoring multitudes of panels from the moment she appears from the first time, passing through her second introduction toward the death of Pedro, passing through her Sulong moment up until her moment with Sanji. You are calling Carrot "Larrot", there is logically no world where you can objectively look at the story and find panels where Carrot shine.

This is called a bias and the story proves you wrong.

WCI proved you need a look out but you forget the fact that Larrot and the exponentially better written Mink with the BETTER and EXTENDED backstory that is Pedro were only their to to temporarily replace missing Strawhat roles, Ussop wasn't there in WCI to do the lookout role but now in Onigashima when the role was emphasised, Ussop ceased the opportunity to do the role right in Larrot's face without her noticing.
Carrot and Pedro were used as ally and Look-outs. There is therefore no replacement of any strawhats of any kind. You are interpretating the story here.

Composition and Design don't mean shit when literally everybody in One Piece has at least 1 panel that is drawn like Larrot Sulong Form ie Zoro, King, Sanji, Queen and King, Bartolomeo, Cavendish. Reaction from the other characters is something that does matter, at least you got 1 thing right for once. The reactions from Brook, Nami, Chopper and Jinbe are important but the way I read it, they are only amazed by the transformation instead of Larrot. The transformation of Sulong was highlighted only because of what it meant symbolically to the Kozuki's and the Moon, how important it was for it to be highlighted in WCI so that it can be extensively used in Wano as the story comes together for Momo, after that Sulong is literally a dead transformation that only happens once every full moon and could potentially lead to the minks death under certain circumstances.
You just denied you credibility as an analyst with you first sentence.

For your information : From a structural and outlining perspective, almost NO character (in the entirerity of the story) came even close to the treatment of Carrot. That transformation was unique. Why ? Because here Oda mixed Wonder and femininity, with feralness, strenght and mystic.

That is litterally something that is UNPRECEDENTED in the WHOLE story. There is a reason why you can see some reactionners talk about this chapter/moment as almost "not One Piece". Because here Oda is reaching very far into the depth of magical and mythical inspirations. Even Luffy's transformations don't come even close to the mystical aspect of this moment.

This transformation was not highlighted and so impactfull because it was a show of strenght from one of the mink. No. It was such an impactfull and highlighted moment because it was a show of splendor from a character that up until then did not shine to much. Therefore if this chapter indeed gave us what Mink were really capable of, it highlighted first and foremost the potential and the gracefullness of Carrot as a fighter. That's why the very last panel of this chapter is not a comment about the mink tribe.. but a little smile from Carrot.

Battle is only happening under the moonlight now because it was setup that way for one time because of it's important significance towards the Kozuki's, if Larrot were to join then Oda would need to write the moonlight bullshit every time Larrot has to make use of Sulong and that's impossible bcause it happens every 2-3 weeks on 1 day.
And it was setup that way for the mink. So if Oda wants to make Carrot fight, he will find a way, might it be the moon or an artificial one. The lack of the moon is therefore not a good excuse. It would be like saying "Oda can't make Luffy fight because Luffy has a stamina limite" this would negate that Oda is the writer here and in the words of Stan Lee: If he wants to make a character win, the character WILL win.

She has only ever done this Job once, that's really dire considering it's suppose to be important to the core of her character. So her not doing it frequently is concerning.
Wrong. Carrot has done the look out job four times now. Once before the arrival on the island of Whole cake. Second just after the death of Pedro. Third after she wakes up from her moon power (note that nobody was at the post meanwhile) and fourth after the departure of Totland and the arrival to Wano.

Flying in One Piece has only ever been useful a few times in the story in Alabasta, Wano and Dressrosa. Dlying has never been used for combat purposes. Larrot doesn't fly, she leaps.
Wrong. Carrot's float in base form, meaning that she can change her course while in midair (she is the only mink able to do that to date) and fly in Sulong. This was clearly inked in the storyduring her moment in 888 and 889. Flying is best possible capacity to have for a centry posted in the crow's nest. As chapter 888 clearly shown.

She is not, not even close, literally nothing in favour of her being written as a Straw Hat. Please don't bring your arbitrary writing skills into Oda's manga, writing through the lens of the background character? Another Joke of yours. Chopper was the same age as Larrot in Drum Island, he was the sole focus of his own arc but he still decided to stay until Kureha and Luffy pushed him. Right now nobody is pushing Larrot into any direction, not Luffy, not Wanda and not Neko. Judge Literally had his kids do war by his side after the training, I don't think Oda limits what a kid can do in One Piece.
Those are not writing skills, I'm not writing anything. My skills are analytic (I know how to write stories but this is different).

You see, youreally thought through you arguments before you throw them at an analyst : Chopper while being the same age, was completely petrified by his fear of being seen as a monster. While he would have loved to see how the sea is, he was to afraid to even bring the subject. Carrot is different, she loves the sea and is not afraid of taking what she wants. And Oda constructed her that way :

- Carrot choosed to attack Zoro
- Carrot choosed to sneak on the Sunny
- Carrot choosed to take on the role of Pedro for herself
- Carrot choosed to face Daifuku's fleet with her Sulong form
- Carrot choosed to attack Perospero

Carrot is a taker and this is only one of her quality as Oda as CLEARLY constructed Carrot as a strawhat (Post / Dynamic / Moral PIllar / tragedy / Actions / Comedy / Quirk / relationships etc.) ....

But..

The fact that Carrot wants to go out to sea doesn't mean that she will do that at first. This is something I was keeping for a bit later, but there are reason to think that Carrot will feel useless after the war. After all, Carrot is constructed around the myth of the jade rabbit of the moon. In the myth, the rabbit is unable to fullfill the needs of an old man in provision, so in fear of feeling useless.. the rabbit throw himself in the fire. He is later rewarded by the old man (being in fact the jade emperor) by being sent on the moon. This would be the reason why we can see a rabbit on the face of the moon. My guess is that Carrot will be torn apart by a desire to go at see while thinking taht she doesn't deserve it.. This is where Wanda (in my mind)will come into play and convince Carrot to go.

WCI doesn't balance anything when WCI at it's peak for Larrot was only decent, Wano just makes her character worse in every chapter that goes by.
I'm meant that whole cake was part of Carrot "backstory"

15 year old grass eater can't carry the Burden of bringing the Dawn to the minks, Neko, Inu and Zunsha doing a better job than her without even thinking about it. You are taking our statements to literally, when we say she is irrelevant, we mean she doesn't add anything towards progressing the story, we acknowledge her existence occasionally but most of the time she is a cheerleader.
But a 8 year old can become a SHogun ? Don't bring age to the table, it's meaningless.

-Mink with the most panel doesn't mean anything when their are factually more important minks by name in Neko and Inu.
-Larrot doesn't have a good dynamic with the crew, everything she does is either in amazement of what the Straw Hats get themselves into or Garchu which is so shallow.
-I agree she does have the Transformation with the most impact among the minks in the situation she was in.
-Wanda, Neko, Inu, Shishillian and Bepo have a better design than Larrot but that's subjective so their is no argument to be had.
-Neko and Inu "Raizo is safe" is lightyears ahead of any Larrot emotional moment.
- Yes it does, but it's just a logical result of how Carrot was portrayed. Inu and Neko are Scabbard, Carrot is the representation of the minks, even today and even in the meta. That why you can see carrot on the Minks Vivre card.
- You are inventing here. Carrot as a PERFECT dynamic with the crew with Chopper calling her litterally is "little Sis" something that no strawhat ever did. Don't mix up a bit of Garchu with true relationships.
- Ok
- Any casual reader or any artist can tell you that Carrot's design is the best by FAR.
- "The Raizo is safe" does not concern only Neko and Inu but ALL the mink. And if this is indeed a very powerfull moment Carrot had powerfull ones too. But this moment is not a good comparison as it is literally one of the best moment in the entire story.

"Everything you wrote here are inventions. The story tells a completely different narrative." I think this only applies to you, were speaking from the Manga while you speak from your own storytelling head canon like your the Mangaka of the Manga.
Nah. But I guess you will soon understand why.

That thread of yours on Twitter is purely false info and wishful thinking to fit your own headcanon, it's like you're trying to speak facts about chapters that aren't even out yet.
No this is what a real story analysis is. I know you guyz are not used to that too much as most youtubers are just simily conspiracy theorists but this doesn't negate the fact behind those analysis. If this is my interpretation and I could be wrong.. this is also the most logical and simplest answers to what the story shows us.

"Again, this is not up for debate" are you seriously telling us this? everything on this forum is false until proven right unless things said on here directly correlate with the manga. Everything that isn't from the Manga is headcanon and false info. everything is up for debate because their is no true answer and it must be decided upon by the people of the forum. If nothing is up for debate than we would have gotten our answer as to who is joining next and this thread on the forum would be left inactive but it isn't is it?
Some things are not up for debate. They are described well enough in the story not to have any debate about them.

Last edited:
Wrong. You are purposely ignoring multitudes of panels from the moment she appears from the first time, passing through her second introduction toward the death of Pedro, passing through her Sulong moment up until her moment with Sanji. You are calling Carrot "Larrot", there is logically no world where you can objectively look at the story and find panels when Carrot shine.

This is called a bias and the story proves you wrong.

Carrot and Pedro where used as ally and Look-out. There is therefore no replacement of any strawhats of any kind. You are interpretating the story here.

You just denied you credibility as an analyst with you first sentence.

For your information : From a structural and outlining perspective, almost NO character (in the entirerity of the story) came even close to the treatment of Carrot. That transformation was unique. Why ? Because here Oda mixed Wonder and femininity, with feralness, strenght and mystic.

That is litterally something that is UNPRECEDENTED in the WHOLE story. There is a reason why you can see some reactionners talk about this chapter/moment as almost "not One Piece". Because here Oda is reaching very far into the depth of magical and mythical inspirations. Even Luffy's transformations don't come even close to the mystical aspect of this moment.

This transformation was not highlighted and so impactfull because it was a show of strenght from one of the mink. No. It was such an impactfull and highlighted moment because it was a show of splendor from a character that up until then did not shine to much. Therefore if this chapter indeed gave us what Mink were really capable of, it highlighted first and foremost the potential and the gracefullness of Carrot as a fighter. That's why the very last panel of this chapter is not a comment about the mink tribe.. but a little smile from Carrot.

And it was setup that way for the mink. So if Oda wants to make Carrot fight, he will find a way, might it be the moon or an artificial one. The lack of the moon is therefore not a good excuse. It would be like saying "Oda can't make Luffy fight because Luffy has a stamina limite" this would negate that Oda is the writer here and in the words of Stan Lee: If he wants to make a character win, the character WILL win.

Wrong. Carrot has done the look out job four times now. Once before the arrival on the island of Whole cake. Second just after the death of Pedro. Third after she wakes up from her moon power (note that nobody was at the post meanwhile) and fourth after the departure of Totland and the arrival to Wano.

Wrong. Carrot's float in base form, meaning that she can change her course while in midair (she is the only mink able to do that to date) and fly in Sulong. This was clearly inked in the storyduring her moment in 888 and 889. Flying is best possible capacity to have for a centry posted in the crow's nest. As chapter 888 clearly shown.

Those are not writing skills, I'm not writing anything. My skills are analytic (I know how to write stories but this is different).

You see, youreally thought through you arguments before you throw them at an analyst : Chopper while being the same age, was completely petrified by his fear of being seen as a monster. While he would have loved to see how the sea is, he was to afraid to even bring the subject. Carrot is different, she loves the sea and is not afraid of taking what she wants. And Oda constructed her that way :

- Carrot choosed to attack Zoro
- Carrot choosed to sneak on the Sunny
- Carrot choosed to take on the role of Pedro for herself
- Carrot choosed to face Daifuku's fleet with her Sulong form
- Carrot choosed to attack Perospero

Carrot is a taker and this is only one of her quality as Oda as CLEARLY constructed Carrot as a strawhat (Post / Dynamic / Moral PIllar / tragedy / Actions / Comedy / Quirk / relationships etc.) ....

But..

The fact that Carrot wants to go out to sea doesn't mean that she will do that at first. This is something I was keeping for a bit later, but there are reason to think that Carrot will feel useless after the war. After all, Carrot is constructed around the myth of the jade rabbit of the moon. In the myth, the rabbit is unable to fullfill the needs of an old man in provision, so in fear of feeling useless.. the rabbit throw himself in the fire. He is later rewarded by the old man (being in fact the jade emperor) by being sent on the moon. This would be the reason why we can see a rabbit on the face of the moon. My guess is that Carrot will be torn apart by a desire to go at see while thinking taht she doesn't deserve it.. This is where Wanda (in my mind)will come into play and convince Carrot to go.

I'm meant that whole cake was part of Carrot "backstory"

But a 8 year old can become a SHogun ? Don't bring age to the table, it's meaningless.

- Yes it does, but it's just a logical result of how Carrot was portrayed. Inu and Neko are Scabbard, Carrot is the representation of the minks, even today and even in the meta. That why you can see carrot on the Minks Vivre card.
- You are inventing here. Carrot as a PERFECT dynamic with the crew with Chopper calling her litterally is "little Sis" something that no strawhat ever did. Don't mix up a bit of Garchu with true relationships.
- Ok
- Any casual reader or any artist can tell you that Carrot's design is the best by FAR.
- "The Raizo is safe" does not concern only Neko and Inu but ALL the mink. And if this is indeed a very powerfull moment Carrot had powerfull ones too. But this moment is not a good comparison as it is literally one of the best moment in the entire story.

Nah. But I guess you will soon understand why.

No this is what a real story analysis is. I know you guyz are not used to that too much as most youtubers are just simily conspiracy theorists but this doesn't negate the fact behind those analysis. If this is my interpretation and I could be wrong.. this is also the most logical and simplest answers to what the story shows us.

Some things are not up for debate. They are described well enough in the story not to have any debate about them.
I missed you:sweat:

“Some things are not up for debate. They are well described in the story not to have any debate about them.”

And yet he’s still neglecting the story of Yamato’s setup to be a Straw Hat, debating Larrot’s irrelevance for “surprise factor”, and continue forcing people with more of his headcanons.

I don’t know if it’s ironic or intentionally clowning. Hate to admit but at least dizzy has the guts to admit Larrot bites the dust & intentionally trolling.

Anyway for the guardian thing, don’t people find it hard to believe that neither Oden or Orochi ever mentioned anything about Yamato’s DF as “Wano’s guardian deity”? Both are opposite forces for years, and yet both never mentioned anything about it but Kaido; especially Oden never mentioned it in his journal. And anti-Yamato believing a villain’s words is just beyond logic

Last edited:
“Some things are not up for debate. They are well described in the story not to have any debate about them.”

And yet he’s still neglecting the story of Yamato’s setup to be a Straw Hat, debating Larrot’s irrelevance for “surprise factor”, and continue forcing people with more of his headcanons.

I don’t know if it’s ironic or intentionally clowning. Hate to admit but at least dizzy has the guts to admit Larrot bites the dust & intentionally trolling
Yamato is setup as a guardian of Wano.

If Yamato was setup as a strawhat, what Oda would do is not affirming the desire - MULTIPLE TIMES - of Yamato wanting to sail the seas.. He would SHOW Yamato working with the strawhats & having a definite capacity for a post!

When you watch a lot of stories and know how they are crafted, you know that if a character states MULTIPLE TIMES a desire while doing MULTIPLE TIMES the exact opposite, it means that said desire will be twisted. Either because of an external event or because of a choice coming from the protagonist themself.

Yamato is setup as a guardian of Wano.

If Yamato was setup as a strawhat, what Oda would do is not affirming the desire - MULTIPLE TIMES - of Yamato wanting to sail the seas.. He would SHOW Yamato working with the strawhats & having a definite capacity for a post!

When you watch a lot of stories and know how they are crafted, you know that if a character states MULTIPLE TIMES a desire while doing MULTIPLE TIMES the exact opposite, it means that said desire will be twisted. Either because of an external event or because of a choice coming from the protagonist themself.
And you believe a villain’s words who crosses his own companion for years. You said yourself that Larrot is a Sentry. Yeah, Sentry in Zou. It’s not hard to comprehend

your headcanon means nothing, and denying Yamato joining doesn’t change the fact that Larrot doesn’t have any better chance. Wake up. You watch too many stories that you become delusional on a whole another level.

And you believe a villain’s words who crosses his own companion for years. You said yourself that Larrot is a Sentry. Yeah, Sentry in Zou. It’s not hard to comprehend

your headcanon means nothing, and denying Yamato joining doesn’t change the fact that Larrot doesn’t have any better chance. Wake up
A villain word ? Are you talking about Kaido ?

Because if that's the case, the fact that Yamato changes her mind to be the guardian of Wano instead makes perfect sence from a narrative point of view. I already explained that earlier :

Yamato has only one true goal. No, that's not going out to sea. No, that's not following Luffy. No, that's not even being the guardian of Wano either. Yamato's one true goal is simple and surely one of the reason she cried so much when she heard Luffy's true desire.

The true goal of Yamato is Freedom

Because of what she lived, Yamato never had any freedom, she was castrated by her dad and life in general. But one thing she was ripped from more than anything else, was her freedom to choose.

If Yamato clashed against her father on his words to make her the next Shogun, it's not because Yamato doesn't want to become Shogun, it's because those are the words of her father who beat and locked her up for years !!

And here is all the irony in this story : Sailing with the strawhats would grant freedom to Yamato, that's for sure, but NOTHING would grant her as much freedom as for her to choose by herself to become the guardian of Wano! The freedom to choose her own path with her own vision on how this should be done and all of that because of HER will...

That is true freedom.

A villain word ? Are you talking about Kaido ?

Because if that's the case, the fact that Yamato changes her mind to be the guardian of Wano instead makes perfect sence from a narrative point of view. I already explained that earlier :

Yamato has only one true goal. No, that's not going out to sea. No, that's not following Luffy. No, that's not even being the guardian of Wano either. Yamato's one true goal is simple and surely one of the reason she cried so much when she heard Luffy's true desire.

The true goal of Yamato is Freedom

Because of what she lived, Yamato never had any freedom, she was castrated by her dad and life in general. But one thing she was ripped from more than anything else, was her freedom to choose.

If Yamato clashed against her father on his words to make her the next Shogun, it's not because Yamato doesn't want to become Shogun, it's because those are the words of her father who beat and locked her up for years !!

And here is all the irony in this story : Sailing with the strawhats would grant freedom to Yamato, that's for sure, but NOTHING would grant her as much freedom as for her to choose by herself to become the guardian of Wano! The freedom to choose her own path with her own vision on how this should be done and all of that because of HER will...

That is true freedom.
What are you mumbling about? Yamato has said that she “wants to go to the sea with Luffy after kicks Kaido out of Wano” which pretty much because she’s been locked in Onigashima to be Kaido’s shogun, which Yamato blatantly denies.

And here is all the irony in this story : Sailing with the strawhats would grant freedom to Larrot, that's for sure, but NOTHING would grant her as much freedom as for her to choose by herself to become the guardian of Zou! The freedom to choose her own path with her own vision on how this should be done and all of that because of HER will...

If Larrot was setup as a Straw Hat, what Oda would do is not affirming Larrot’s desire to have an adventure, he would show Larrot (the plain basic bland bunny which people thought as a grown up icon while she’s underaged) work together with the Straw Hats.

There you go. I use your logic against you. And did you read where I said your headcanons don’t matter? Keep coping.

anyway with your logic, if Yamato suddenly wants to be Wano’s guardian, then it’s perfect from narrative point of view that Luffy doesn’t give any shit and will just force her to join instead. The same case like Robin wanted to die, but Luffy asked her to say she wanted to live, which she did and she joined the crew back. Franky didn’t want to join, but Luffy forced him to join.

It’s all according to plan
:goyea:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.