Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A villain word ? Are you talking about Kaido ?

Because if that's the case, the fact that Yamato changes her mind to be the guardian of Wano instead makes perfect sence from a narrative point of view. I already explained that earlier :

Yamato has only one true goal. No, that's not going out to sea. No, that's not following Luffy. No, that's not even being the guardian of Wano either. Yamato's one true goal is simple and surely one of the reason she cried so much when she heard Luffy's true desire.

The true goal of Yamato is Freedom

Because of what she lived, Yamato never had any freedom, she was castrated by her dad and life in general. But one thing she was ripped from more than anything else, was her freedom to choose.

If Yamato clashed against her father on his words to make her the next Shogun, it's not because Yamato doesn't want to become Shogun, it's because those are the words of her father who beat and locked her up for years !!

And here is all the irony in this story : Sailing with the strawhats would grant freedom to Yamato, that's for sure, but NOTHING would grant her as much freedom as for her to choose by herself to become the guardian of Wano! The freedom to choose her own path with her own vision on how this should be done and all of that because of HER will...

That is true freedom.
You want Yamato to stay as a guardian, so you say her choosing her path - to become the guardian specifically - is true freedom. You see what you do, take a true statement and put in some headcannon, to make it more believable. Why is her chosing to do what you want true freedom, instead of doing what she wanted to do since she was little? This is nothing but wishful thinking about her suddenly changing her mind, as anyone reading the story can see Yamato has no such motive.

Saying that Yamato will suddenly change her motive by staying in Wano to be Wano’s guardian just because of her DF, while she has said she ate it accidentally & rejected Kaido’s wish to be Kaido’s shogun, is like saying that Robin suddenly changes her dream to fine Rio Poneglyph which she’s been searching for years, hiding, take refuge to some people who wanted nothing but her bounty, used her for her knowledge, for the whole damn 20 years before Robin finally settled down with the Straw Hats, whom she thinks as true nakama; just for Robin to be an agent of World Government

Or even better example: it’s like saying Luffy suddenly doesn’t want to become a Pirate King and just want to settle down nicely in Kuja with Hancock because Luffy is “Joy Boy” and needs “Joy Girl” to complete him.

Last edited:
Perhaps if Yamato is meant to be the Guardian of Wano like Kaido told her, then I guess Luffy is also going to join the Marines since Garp trained him specifically to join. Or maybe Luffy will also stay in Wano, since Hyogoro also called him a Guardian Deity. Since the series is always about doing what others tell you to do, rather than following your dreams that you've had for decades, it's the only way the story can go. It's a shame, really. I wanted to see the characters be free to achieve their dreams, but orders are orders.

You want Yamato to stay as a guardian, so you say her choosing her path - to become the guardian specifically - is true freedom. You see what you do, take a true statement and put in some headcannon, to make it more believable. Why is her chosing to do what you want true freedom, instead of doing what she wanted to do since she was little? This is nothing but wishful thinking about her suddenly changing her mind, as anyone reading the story can see Yamato has no such motive.
Well, with his logic, if Yamato suddenly changes her motive to be Wano’s guardian, it’s perfect from narrative point of view that Luffy doesn’t give a fuck and forces her to join instead. Robin wanted to die, Luffy forced her to live. Franky didn’t want to join, Luffy forced him to join.

By him saying that Yamato suddenly wants to be Wano’s guardian, it’s all according to plan that Luffy will just force her to join. Now that is, subverting expectations for “surprise factor”
:cheers::goyea:

What are you mumbling about? Yamato has said that she “wants to go to the sea with Luffy after kicks Kaido out of Wano” which pretty much because she’s been locked in Onigashima to be Kaido’s shogun, which Yamato blatantly denies.

And here is all the irony in this story : Sailing with the strawhats would grant freedom to Larrot, that's for sure, but NOTHING would grant her as much freedom as for her to choose by herself to become the guardian of Zou! The freedom to choose her own path with her own vision on how this should be done and all of that because of HER will...
You know, if you don't know what to say, you can just ignore my message... Trying to prove me wrong by copying the narrative logic of Yamato on Carrot won't get you very far lol

What funny is that here:

If Larrot was setup as a Straw Hat, what Oda would do is not affirming Larrot’s desire to have an adventure, he would show Larrot (the plain basic bland bunny which people thought as a grown up icon while she’s underaged) work together with the Straw Hats.

There you go. I use your logic against you. And did you read where I said your headcanons don’t matter? Keep coping.
... you perfectly described Whole Cake. What is even funnier is that Carrot only mentionned wanting to go on adventure once and from that point had multiple other desires.. even in Wano

anyway with your logic, if Yamato suddenly wants to be Wano’s guardian, then it’s perfect from narrative point of view that Luffy doesn’t give any shit and will just force her to join instead. The same case like Robin wanted to die, but Luffy asked her to say she wanted to live, which she did and she joined the crew back. Franky didn’t want to join, but Luffy forced him to join.
Not suddenly, gradually. That's why I talked about a concept called "development inertia". Yamato is not different, but instead of having her inertia slowing down toward a stay in Wano by the words, her inertia is slowing down with her actions. Pretty simple in fact.

The difference between Robin / Franky and Yamato is that their desires to stay were based on false logic. In other words: Franky wanted to stay because he thought that his family needed him when it was not the case & Robin wanted to die because she thoughts that it was the best thing to do to avoid the massacre of her friends when in fact this was not the case.

If you really want to compare Yamato with someone, you should compare her journey to the journey of Vivi. Vivi thought that staying with her people instead of joining the crew was the best thing and it was. The same way, the fact that Yamato will choose to stay to help Momo will be the good thing to do: Because Momo needs guidance and because Wano needs her.

You see.. like that, Yamato's journey become pretty clear.

Wrong, you missundertood what I just said. I did not said that Yamato choosing her own pass to stay a guardian was true freedom. I said that CHOOSING her own path with her own vision on how this should be done and all of that because of HER will... WAS true freedom.

And this is not an headcanon, this is a life's truth (and one of the biggest message of One Piece). Being able to choose our own path with our own vision rather than being dictated one IS true freedom.

And why this one rather than the other ? Because on one end you escape the dictat, on the other you annihilate it.

Yamato won't "suddenly" change her mind.. her mind is being changed as with speak: her actions talk more than her words.

Perhaps if Yamato is meant to be the Guardian of Wano like Kaido told her, then I guess Luffy is also going to join the Marines since Garp trained him specifically to join. Or maybe Luffy will also stay in Wano, since Hyogoro also called him a Guardian Deity. Since the series is always about doing what others tell you to do, rather than following your dreams that you've had for decades, it's the only way the story can go. It's a shame, really. I wanted to see the characters be free to achieve their dreams, but orders are orders.

Well, with his logic, if Yamato suddenly changes her motive to be Wano’s guardian, it’s perfect from narrative point of view that Luffy doesn’t give a fuck and forces her to join instead. Robin wanted to die, Luffy forced her to live. Franky didn’t want to join, Luffy forced him to join.

By him saying that Yamato suddenly wants to be Wano’s guardian, it’s all according to plan that Luffy will just force her to join. Now that is, subverting expectations for “surprise factor”
This is the problem with you guyz.. You are mixing up "being Wano's shogun" and "being exactly what her father wanted her to be"

If I take this into metaphore, it's like if you were saying that a man wanting to be president was doing exactly the same that his father (a dictator) wanted him to be by being the next great leader.

Do you see the problem with your logic ? Let me rephrase that to make you REALLY understand:

- For Kaido, being the guardian of Wano or the next Shogun means to be able to be abdolutely ruthless and install a pirate empire.. in other words: to create hell on earth.

On the other hand...

- For a good leader, being the guardian of Wano or the next shogun means to be able to open the country, nurrish the poor and make a paradise out of the country.

Voila! Do you see the difference now? Do you see why Yamato becoming the guardian of Wano or even the next Shogun would mean something COMPLETELY different that "being what her father wanted her to be" ?

I really hope so..

-Carrot will be the lookout!
Oda has Usopp perform the lookout role at the start of the raid

-Carrot will shine in Wano!
Extremely sidelined and ignored

-She has a good relationship with the strawhats!
below Camie tier familiarity after more than 5 years in the story

-Shining Nakama Action!
Best and only notable Carrot moment is used to highlight the minks and their future Wano contribution as allies instead of being unique appeal, had to be bailed out by Brook
I might have to switch sides, all the signs for nakama were there all along :suresure:

You know, if you don't know what to say, you can just ignore my message... Trying to prove me wrong by copying the narrative logic of Yamato on Carrot won't get you very far lol
Isn’t this should be you? You’re the one who keeps talking nonsense to force your headcanon to the whole fanbase, act like you’re the only one who understands Oda.

... you perfectly described Whole Cake. What is even funnier is that Carrot only mentionned wanting to go on adventure once and from that point had multiple other desires.. even in Wano
Only for Oda to completely ignore her

Not suddenly, gradually. That's why I talked about a concept called "development inertia". Yamato is not different, but instead of having her inertia slowing down toward a stay in Wano by the words, her inertia is slowing down with her actions. Pretty simple in fact.

The difference between Robin / Franky and Yamato is that their desires to stay were based on false logic. In other words: Franky wanted to stay because he thought that his family needed him when it was not the case & Robin wanted to die because she thoughts that it was the best thing to do to avoid the massacre of her friends when in fact this was not the case.
Well then it could work that you think Yamato will stay in Wano because Momo needs her, she will eventually leave.

If you really want to compare Yamato with someone, you should compare her journey to the journey of Vivi. Vivi thought that staying with her people instead of joining the crew was the best thing and it was. The same way, the fact that Yamato will choose to stay to help Momo will be the good thing to do: Because Momo needs guidance and because Wano needs her.

You see.. like that, Yamato's journey become pretty clear.
Sounds more like Larrot. Well at least Vivi was a more important figure

Wrong, you missundertood what I just said. I did not said that Yamato choosing her own pass to stay a guardian was true freedom. I said that CHOOSING her own path with her own vision on how this should be done and all of that because of HER will... WAS true freedom.

And this is not an headcanon, this is a life's truth (and one of the biggest message of One Piece). Being able to choose our own path with our own vision rather than being dictated one IS true freedom.

And why this one rather than the other ? Because on one end you escape the dictat, on the other you annihilate it.

Yamato won't "suddenly" change her mind.. her mind is being changed as with speak: her actions talk more than her words.

This is the problem with you guyz.. You are mixing up "being Wano's shogun" and "being exactly what her father wanted her to be"

If I take this into metaphore, it's like if you were saying that a man wanting to be president was doing exactly the same that his father (a dictator) wanted him to be by being the next great leader.

Do you see the problem with your logic ? Let me rephrase that to make you REALLY understand:

- For Kaido, being the guardian of Wano or the next Shogun means to be able to be abdolutely ruthless and install a pirate empire.. in other words: to create hell on earth.

On the other hand...

- For a good leader, being the guardian of Wano or the next shogun means to be able to open the country, nurrish the poor and make a paradise out of the country.

Voila! Do you see the difference now? Do you see why Yamato becoming the guardian of Wano or even the next Shogun would mean something COMPLETELY different that "being what her father wanted her to be" ?

I really hope so..
Bla bla bla. You were the one who brought up that Yamato will change her mind, only to move goalposts with more bullshit.

Hope you read where I said your headcanon means nothing. I guess when the time you got banned you hit your head even more that there is nothing left inside your head. Cryrot isn’t joining. Keep crying

Last edited:
Oda said in a SBS that he had a plan for Carrot but since hes fast tracking the story to see the end of it in a relatively acceptable futur for him to be able to have his own adventures he decided to put many plotlines on the back burner to push forward.. In a sense its for this reason that Carrot keeps having Pedro's memory to push forward.. Even if Nekomamushi is the one who defeated Perospero, Carrot is moving forward with her cheerfulness and its my hope the One Piece fans do too..

So there you have it folks.. :kayneshrug:
can you provide that source? cus i dont remember that SBS

I know there was a similar comment but it wasnt about Carrot

Isn’t this should be you? You’re the one who keeps talking nonsense to force your headcanon to the whole fanbase, act like you’re the only one who understands Oda.
I could write a book on the construction of each strawhat you know.. this is not a topic in which I have talking issue.. but you would burn such a book don't you ? Knowledge.. bad.

I'm not the only one who understand what Oda is writing, many Carrot fans and others fan understand those as well (because they care to listen in fact), but I do I'm one of the rare analyst with somethings else under my belt than just a fan eye. So .. take that as you wish..

Only for Oda to completely ignore her
That's not what chapter 1041 proves ;)

Well then it could work that you think Yamato will stay in Wano because Momo needs her, she will eventually leave.
If Momo needs her and she understand that, there is no reason for Yamato to leave.

Bla bla bla. You were the one who brought up that Yamato will change her mind, only to move goalposts with more bullshit.

Hope you read where I said your headcanon means nothing. I guess when the time you got banned you hit your head even more that there is nothing left inside your head. Cryrot isn’t joining. Keep crying
You are confusing "changing her mind rapidly" with "slowly changing her mind".. Those two are two different thing. And a change of mind in One Piece doesn't always come with ones dialogue, most of the time it comes with actions.

You will soon understand everything I say.

I could write a book on the construction of each strawhat you know.. this is not a topic in which I have talking issue.. but you would burn such a book don't you ? Knowledge.. bad.

I'm not the only one who understand what Oda is writing, many Carrot fans and others fan understand those as well (because they care to listen in fact), but I do I'm one of the rare analyst with somethings else under my belt than just a fan eye. So .. take that as you wish..
And I don’t give a fuck whether you can write a book or not because my 4 year old niece surely can write better book than you do. And it’s knowledge, indeed, to know that there are delusional people; and you’re one of them.

Don’t bring up “many Carrot fans”. The reasonable Carrot fans left the train, because they are reasonable. The only one left is you, the delusional one.

That's not what chapter 1041 proves ;)
Small irrelevant panel with barely any dialogue? Yes

If Momo needs her and she understand that, there is no reason for Yamato to leave.
Of course there is. Momo may surely need her, but he’s growing up and man up, facing the problem he needs to face to become Wano’s future shogun. He will realize that he needs to be what Wano citizens look upon in a shogun.

And other thing is there is no way Momo will be selfish enough to let Yamato stay and not fulfilling her dream. Also, there are many examples where Luffy doesn’t give any fuck, like what happened to Sanji, Chopper, Robin, and Franky. There is no absolute point to deny this while it happened multiple times before.

You are confusing "changing her mind rapidly" with "slowly changing her mind".. Those two are two different thing. And a change of mind in One Piece doesn't always come with ones dialogue, most of the time it comes with actions.

You will soon understand everything I say.
And what’s your point exactly? The end is still the same that you think Yamato will change her mind, whether it’s slowly or not.

And my point still the same that Luffy will not give a fuck and will force Yamato to join once Kaido being dealt with, even if Yamato changes her mind. You can keep denying, but as I quote you there is no point to debate this while the story points that way.

You’re just too delusional to accept the reality. Wake up, get a life instead of obsessing on a basic bland bunny.

How can you choose your own path without your own vision?..

There’s no such thing as true freedom..

And I don’t give a fuck whether you can write a book or not because my 4 year old niece surely can write better book than you do. And it’s knowledge, indeed, to know that there are delusional people; and you’re one of them.

Don’t bring up “many Carrot fans”. The reasonable Carrot fans left the train, because they are reasonable. The only one left is you, the delusional one.
Yeah.. I know you don't give a F

Small irrelevant panel with barely any dialogue? Yes
Funny how an author take on his time to draw irrelevant panels.. makes you wonder..

Of course there is. Momo may surely need her, but he’s growing up and man up, facing the problem he needs to face to become Wano’s future shogun. He will realize that he needs to be what Wano citizens look upon in a shogun.

And other thing is there is no way Momo will be selfish enough to let Yamato stay and not fulfilling her dream. Also, there are many examples where Luffy doesn’t give any fuck, like what happened to Sanji, Chopper, Robin, and Franky. There is no absolute point to deny this while it happened multiple times before.
You are asking a mentally 8 year old to "man up" .. this is the degree of reasonning I face each day on this forum. Makes you wonder...

Yamato don't have a dream, she is like Carrot right now, she has a strong desire. Desire in One Piece are not like dreams, they can change.

Yamato would die for Momo. If Momo needs help. Yamato will be here, no matter what.

And what’s your point exactly? The end is still the same that you think Yamato will change her mind, whether it’s slowly or not.

And my point still the same that Luffy will not give a fuck and will force Yamato to join once Kaido being dealt with, even if Yamato changes her mind. You can keep denying, but as I quote you there is no point to debate this while the story points that way.

You’re just too delusional to accept the reality. Wake up, get a life instead of obsessing on a basic bland bunny.
It might end up the same but those are two different way of telling a story. Yamato won't just "switch" out of nowhere. Here "switch" has been slowly but surely prepared since her encounter with Momonosuke and will continue to be constructed until we reach the point where Yamato herself understand that she doesn't want the same thing anymore.

For Luffy to "give a F" he would need to respect her enough to call her by her name to begin with. Until that's done, Luffy won't force Yamato to do S**, all the more when what Yamato really want is something worthy of the character.

How can you choose your own path without your own vision?..

There’s no such thing as true freedom..
That's a whole other debate.

why does ODA keep have Yamato keeps saying that she going to leave wano also when she was younger she say that she is going to fight on the side of wano and then go out to sea and be much stronger than why the samurai break out of the cave carrot dont have anything over Yamato than already meet the crew and when the raid finished she going to meet them so stop saying that Yamato is staying wano also Saturday is about to be her and ace something that carrot dont even get a moment for herself

Last edited:
Yeah.. I know you don't give a F
Why should I?
:gokulaugh:

Funny how an author take on his time to draw irrelevant panels.. makes you wonder..
Just to show what happens to Onigashima if Law didn’t use his KROOM - Wille on Wano. If Law didn’t puncture his sword deep enough, Onigashima will be destroyed. Even with how Law trying to minimize the damage, the damage is still there, and Oda just wanna show what happen to others who are pretty much outside of Onigashima since the outer rocky part that is affected.

Are you sure you’re an analyst? I highly doubt it because you can’t see the aftermath of Law’s skill just because you’re too obsessed on a basic bland bunny. And yes, that page is still irrelevant. Oda could throw that page away and won’t change the overall chapter.

You are asking a mentally 8 year old to "man up" .. this is the degree of reasonning I face each day on this forum. Makes you wonder...

Yamato don't have a dream, she is like Carrot right now, she has a strong desire. Desire in One Piece are not like dreams, they can change.

Yamato would die for Momo. If Momo needs help. Yamato will be here, no matter what.

And that page was before Momo became an adult and pretty much hopeless. Oda went with the plot that Shinobu aged Momo up so Momo can act exactly like his age. Oda wouldn’t just age up Momo just for him to be babysitted all the time.

You’re expecting Momo to act 8 all time instead of being a grown up, act like a future shogun like he should be pretty much explains your 8 year old mentality; or even worse.

It might end up the same but those are two different way of telling a story. Yamato won't just "switch" out of nowhere. Here "switch" has been slowly but surely prepared since her encounter with Momonosuke and will continue to be constructed until we reach the point where Yamato herself understand that she doesn't want the same thing anymore.
And it makes my point clear that Luffy will just force her to join like what he did to others. Keep crying

For Luffy to "give a F" he would need to respect her enough to call her by her name to begin with. Until that's done, Luffy won't force Yamato to do S**, all the more when what Yamato really want is something worthy of the character.
Luffy will just call her name once he’s done defeating Kaido. I really want to say your argument is absolute bullshit, but then I remember that it’s you, the master of bullshitting. You really are coping hard right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.