Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The very fact that someone has to claim that Carrot doesn't need a backstory, the vital part of showing how the character came to be and emotionally connect to the reader, is very telling. Every SH had a backstory. Every major art character(minus Crocodile) had a backstory.

But Carrot doesn't need that, a dream, arc relevance, panel time, thematic value, SH battles, etc..
Crocodile was written so good he doesn't need one but carrot have nothing to show other than Pedro's suicide(that gets overcome in the anime with her and Wanda) meanwhile Yamato is about get two backstory with kaido and hers

Okaaay, and what does this have to do with my statement saying that Oda don't waste panels for nothing ?

If you don't understand why an 8 year old shouldn't have to take the world on his shoulder.. man..

Hehe we will see
I’m sorry but oda is KNOWN for wasting panels. People complain about one piece pacing all the time…
do you think oda is some perfect writer?

You're boring now, contradicting yourself over and over, spreading false information and speaking from your own storytelling perspective with the wrong factors, which is your headcanon. Even when the things you say qualify for Characters other than Larrot you say it's wrong. Being unbelievably subjective to the point where you won't accept any criticism.

You don't get annoyed anymore like last year on Twitter and this Forum.

I'm done trying to argue with you because it seems you have some type of Main Character syndrome where you think you're better than everybody else because of the threads, blogs and dross writing skills so you know exactly what's gonna happen in the story before it happens. Its boring now.
There is no contradiction in my reasonning. Everything follows a plan. But as long as you guyz will think that I speak with my "headcanons" and not my skills in analysis, you won't understand that plan and will end up being utterly surprised by what Oda is preparing for you. In a way, that's good, twist are always fun. But this one won't be fun only for those reasons hehe

You see, that's my secret cap.. I've always been calm

With Oda drawing that Perospero still KOd outside, won’t change the overall chapter. The result of Law’s awakening will be the same.
But this has nothing to do with the subject, why bring in Law ?

He himself says so. By stating that he wants to be a shogun, he knows he should be a grown up and he should take responsible on his shoulders. First part of it is by aging up himself to be his exact age, it’ll be about time when he decides to be mature by his own.

And Momo is a 28 years old. Just because he has a 8 year old mentality doesn’t mean he’s not a grown up. The way you keep thinking Momo is 8 years old while he’s 28 tells how your mentality works.

And glad I’m childless instead of having useless child like you.

You confirmed what I just said.. yikes.

Oh, definitely waiting for more delusions of yours.

it’s also ironic that you said to Staticshadic about Carrot asking to join, while few months ago you said that:”Carrot takes, she doesn’t ask.”

You’re contradicting yourself is really funny. No wonder people miss you for the entertainment purpose you keep giving. Keep doing it
Desillusion ? I would actually be glad to be wrong. I love to be surprised. You should pay more attention to what I'm saying.

My sentence "Carrot asking to join" was a rethoric statement to reply to one of you. Carrot won't ask to join, she takes. But this doesn't mean that she will do that at first. In fact, I expect her to question herself at the beginning.

@CarrotForNakama ,tell you friend Krunch from Twitter to come on here so we can clown the both of you once and for all.
No

She is the mink with the most panel time that is true. Viper was the shandian with the most panel time and the most emotional panels. Didn’t join.

And have you seen neko and Inus transformation and their part in the story? She didn’t have the most impactful transformation. She did have it to you cuz as I said you see what you want to see. To the rest the normal one piece reader she is just a normal character who becomes friends with the strawhats but doesn’t join them like Aisa on skypia or Lola on thriller bark, shirahoshi on fishman island, just some examples.

Just promise me bro that you don’t get depression and do something stupid when she gets kicked of the Sunny
Wrong comparison. Wiper was an "arc character" meaning that Wiper was specifically design to fit the place of the usual Princess and prince. He is one of the main character of the arc. This has nothing to do with Carrot who was never depicted as a main character (minus two chapters). Princes and princesses don't join, they are here to drive the storylines of the arc.

I plan to write a post about the different categories of character so you can understand that.

And have you seen neko and Inus transformation and their part in the story? She didn’t have the most impactful transformation. She did have it to you cuz as I said you see what you want to see. To the rest the normal one piece reader she is just a normal character who becomes friends with the strawhats but doesn’t join them like Aisa on skypia or Lola on thriller bark, shirahoshi on fishman island, just some examples.
Wrong, Carrot's transformation is by FAR the most impactfull one. For multiple reasons:

- Because it's the most surprising. Everybody was waiting a werewolf transformation and what we got was a moon deity.
- Because it's the most worked out. You can see that with the work of the lines. Carrot's transformation was carefully drawn by Oda. This is not the case of Nekomamushi and Inuarashi who's transformation are a lot more "rough"
- Because the outlining isthe most impactfull. Carrot's transformation took 1 entire double page (just to transform) and an ENTIRE page just to depict the beauty of the transformation. With one panel of chopper on the side as a reaction and THREE different views perfectly integrated in the panel of Sulong Carrot.
- Because it's the most magical. Because of the context and the pressure behind the strawhats, Carrot's transformation appears as a god gift, she is also seens as mystical by everyone in both the audiance and the character. Neko and inu's transformation was expected.
- Because it end's up on the most action pack moment. The rest of the entire chapter is focused on the impact of this transformation, that's not what happen for Inu and Neko
- Simply because of the difference in reaction of the readers, check it out, you will see a BIG difference.
- Because of the design. Carrot Sulong form has a far better design than both Inu and Neko. The reason being that she gets the perfect mix of humanity VS bestiality.
Etc.. Plenty more..

Oda carefully crafted Sulong Carrot, not only because he wanted to highlight the Sulong but because Carrot is someone special.

Again, Storytelling Matters.

Just promise me bro that you don’t get depression and do something stupid when she gets kicked of the Sunny
Don't worry, I would actually be glad to be proven wrong.

No, it did not enhance her chances of joining the straw hats because they did not come defend her honor
That's a very shallow exemple. In fact future strawhats tends to fight their own battle.

It did the opposite it diminishes her chance so greatly her situation is not like Brook. Brook’s fight was displayed even though he lost fight in the end
You are forgetting that the point of Brook's fight was not the defeat. It was the interaction of Brook DURING the fight. Again, wrong comparison.

Luffy and rest of the strawhats except nami (she was capture) already gave their full approval wanting him to join the crew.
Give me ONE strawhat that would be against the recruitment of Carrot (and their reasons). I will wait....

Did carrot show any self-doubt of not being suitable for luffy and rest of the straw hats after her big lost against perospero? Nope.
Logically, this must happen AFTER a defeat. Meaning now in the present. So you will have to wait a bit, it's coming.

She is not an active member of the team as we see in wano. On top of that she is never considers to be a former member of the group. The wiki even says that which you ignore.
None of the strawhat considered themself part of the group before joining. Wrong argument.

Her resolution is similar the Rebecca
Like I said previously: Rebecca is like Wiper, she is a major "ARC CHARACTER". Meaning that she is one of the few important character that drives the arc storyline. Carrot is completely different minus one thing, she is as important as her if not more... And i'm glad that you understand that ;)

. Proves us to the audience sadly she’s not going to join the crew. She might as well join the grand fleet
There won't be any more "grand fleet". And Carrot would need to be setup as a captain first to join and like you said, she is too important to be a second. Therefore she will ONLY sail the seas with Luffy as a strawhat. And the story PROVES it. You argumentation is based on no evidences in the manga, mine is ;)

Just little bit longer.. Yuo will soon start to panic. hehehehe

The very fact that someone has to claim that Carrot doesn't need a backstory, the vital part of showing how the character came to be and emotionally connect to the reader, is very telling. Every SH had a backstory. Every major arc character(minus Crocodile) had a backstory.

But Carrot doesn't need that, a dream, arc relevance, panel time, thematic value, SH battles, etc..
The problem is that most of you ignore my explanation when I say that "Carrot don't need a backstory" so it's logical for you to laugh when you hear that or for you not to understand. If you'd care to read, you would understand that a backstory is an addition of parameters:

- The introduction of a Moral Pillar
- The introduction of the character's personnality
- The introduction of the character's desires
- The introduction of the character's needs
- The introduction of the character's purpose
- The introduction of the dream
- The introduction of the character's tragedy

Those are important because they are the construction bricks for each strawhat. And they are set in the past because : 1. It's easier / 2. Oda is showing by that that characters can go forward despite having a problematic past.

In fact sometimes some of the things here are not all in the backstory, sometimes (like with Usopp) the desires, dreams and needs are constructed OUTSIDE of the flashback. Sometimes, the personnality is revealed during the story. And sometimes the moral pillar is introduced earlier.

The point is: If those things are being setup in the past, they can be setup in the present too.

That is what happened with Carrot. And this is why Carrot don't need a backstory.

I’m sorry but oda is KNOWN for wasting panels. People complain about one piece pacing all the time…
do you think oda is some perfect writer?
The pacing =/= The panels

People complaining about pacing doesn't mean that there are wasted Panel. Each one serves a purpose, and sometimes it's not obvious.
Plus, most of the time people are complaining about the pacing for wrong reason. When you read the story as a whole, those problem usually disappear.

Oda makes mistakes, he is not perfect. There is a few in Onigashima alone. But the lack of meaning in the panels is not one of them.

Imagine thinking that Carrot is a protagonist in the series..

Since she had no development as a character following Perospero’s defeat i’m reverting to calling her a filler character..:kayneshrug:
A protagonist is a character that acts and make choices in a story. It can be primary, secondary or from the background. you are confusing being a protagonist and being a hero or a main protagonist.

The problem is that most of you ignore my explanation when I say that "Carrot don't need a backstory" so it's logical for you to laugh when you hear that or for you not to understand. If you'd care to read, you would understand that a backstory is an addition of parameters:

- The introduction of a Moral Pillar
- The introduction of the character's personnality
- The introduction of the character's desires
- The introduction of the character's needs
- The introduction of the character's purpose
- The introduction of the dream
- The introduction of the character's tragedy

Those are important because they are the construction bricks for each strawhat. And they are set in the past because : 1. It's easier / 2. Oda is showing by that that characters can go forward despite having a problematic past.

In fact sometimes some of the things here are not all in the backstory, sometimes (like with Usopp) the desires, dreams and needs are constructed OUTSIDE of the flashback. Sometimes, the personnality is revealed during the story. And sometimes the moral pillar is introduced earlier.

The point is: If those things are being setup in the past, they can be setup in the present too.

That is what happened with Carrot. And this is why Carrot doesn't need a backstory.
You are so far up in your delusions theory saying carrot doesn't need a backstory what will be her purpose and story without a backstory every straw hats have a backstory why wouldn't she have one?? Even jinbei have one it's not even much but still at least he gets one carrot isn't that special and good-written character she can do without one like for real???

You are so far up in your delusions theory saying carrot doesn't need a backstory what will be her purpose and story without a backstory every straw hats have a backstory why wouldn't she have one?? Even jinble have one it's not even much but still at least he gets one carrot isn't that special and good-written character she can do without one like for real???
The purpose that will be given up to her in the present. Carrot's story is not finished yet. And setups are pointing to Carrot having a strong purpose at the end of Wano:

The purpose that will be given up to her in the present. Carrot's story is not finished yet. And setups are pointing to Carrot having a strong purpose at the end of Wano:

What the hell left for carrot to do in Wano?? The only person left to do stuff is luffy momo yamato and his sister nothing left for carrot like she was off-screen for a while and u think she going to have an important task 😭😭, she is done after the fight she lose this is not WCI arc this wano so please take the L for the best of us

On a less sarcastic note, it really sticks out how none of the Straw Hats have mentioned Carrot leaving even once. When other characters disappeared, the Straw Hats are pretty quick to bring it up. Brooke leaving was a pretty big deal, where all of the Straw Hats present at the time were clear that they wanted to find him and save him from Thriller Bark. Even secondary characters are pointed out and shown concern, like Camie in Sabaody and Pekoms in Whole Cake. It should be a pretty big red flag that for a group that is supposedly set up to have her join, none of them seem to give a shit that she's not there anymore.

On a less sarcastic note, it really sticks out how none of the Straw Hats have mentioned Carrot leaving even once. When other characters disappeared, the Straw Hats are pretty quick to bring it up. Brooke leaving was a pretty big deal, where all of the Straw Hats present at the time were clear that they wanted to find him and save him from Thriller Bark. Even secondary characters are pointed out and shown concern, like Camie in Sabaody and Pekoms in Whole Cake. It should be a pretty big red flag that for a group that is supposedly set up to have her join, none of them seem to give a shit that she's not there anymore.
Thanks, you cause I don't know why they think she going to do something big when she was off-screen for the entire raid like wtf everyone was getting they moments even speed and the rest of the beast pirates that was under tamto control 😭😭😒

What the hell left for carrot to do in Wano?? The only person left to do stuff is luffy momo yamato and his sister nothing left for carrot like she was off-screen for a while and u think she going to have an important task 😭😭, she is done after the fight she lose this is not WCI arc this wano so please take the L for the best of us
You won't know until you see it you know. That's why the best we can do is theorized. Saying that Carrot has nothing left to do is based on nothing.

It's been 30 minutes or so. Most of the strawhat already left without notice at the time. And most of the strawhats don't know where the other are.

You won't know until you see it you know. That's why the best we can do is theorized. Saying that Carrot has nothing left to do is based on nothing.
Okay, big brain tell me what will carrot do? Cause you were a fraud after saying she doesn't need a backstory cause why elsee we are getting kaido but carrot doesn't need one 😭😭, so tell me what will carrot do now in the raid?
Post automatically merged:

It's been 30 minutes or so. Most of the strawhat already left without notice at the time. And most of the strawhats don't know where the other are.
Why didn't nami ask for carrot when she was asking about uspop

Okay why didn't nami ask where was carrot or if she is alright when she was thinking about Usopp? 😭😭
Post automatically merged:

Okay, big brain tell me what will carrot do? Cause you were a fraud after saying she doesn't need a backstory cause why elsee we are getting kaido but carrot doesn't need one 😭😭, so tell me what will carrot do now in the raid?

Okaaay, and what does this have to do with my statement saying that Oda don't waste panels for nothing ?
youre correct Oda doesnt waste panels but this is a prime example of over analyzing

the outside of the island was crumbling and Oda just showed us what happened with the groups that were out there, instead of them just popping up and saying we ran back in

As an "Analyst" you should know the rule of writing, SHOW, DONT TELL

but instead you took this simple panel that shows the readers that certain characters are moving to safety and saying the framing of this makes Carrot so important that she is going to join the crew... do you not see the massive jump in logic there?

Why didn't nami ask for carrot when she was asking about uspop
Okay why didn't nami ask where was carrot or if she is alright when she was thinking about Usopp? 😭😭
Because Carrot is actually stronger than Usopp ? And she knows what she can do ?
I already told you. There is multiple possibility:

FIRST - Carrot could end up having to fight someone else, only to being defeated once again. This would trigger rapidely a sensation of uselessness in Carrot. This would end up haunting her until the end of the arc. At the end, Carrot would face the choice of coming back to Zou or sneaking in the Sunny again. I imagine this to be a Wanda / Carrot scene where Carrot looks intensly at the strawhat departing. Wanda would be the one to witness her desire to follow them, but she would also notice how Carrot feels.. This would end up on Wanda saying that she will never be useless and that if she really want to get on the ship, she would have no problem with that. Carrot would end up sneaking back on the Sunny again. This entire sequence would be a setup for Carrot to truly shine later in another arc in a moment where she is not useless. This would be the begining of her recruitment.

SECOND - Carrot could simply choose to sneak back on the Sunny again after having a moment of reflexion about her defeat and the words of Perospero "you are not worthy".. This would end up being a setup for a moment in another arc where Carrot is faced once again with her naivety and her recklessness. But this time, she would actually undestand the danger, be careful and win.

THIRD - Carrot could have a final moment in Wano concerning the same principle. This time she would refuse to let someone die in front of her and save them. This would lead to a shining moment and a potential recrutment afterward.

Etc. And I'm sure Oda can do better.

Wrong. The composition of this panel doesn't mean CArrot will join the crew, you are inventing things here, it only shows Carrot as a protagonist. Meaning that Oda is STILL focusing a bit on her. That's all. You are inventing things I don't say to fit you narrative.

"Show don't tell" is exactly what he did in TWO panel ;) That's precisely because I know that, that I can't analyse this panel that way.

It's been 30 minutes or so. Most of the strawhat already left without notice at the time. And most of the strawhats don't know where the other is.
The problem with you carrot fans u guys think Yamato who has been captured on an Island for 20 years now gets her freedom. Is going to throw away it just like that is so ridiculous cause everything Yamato says that she will do at 8 years old is now doing fight on the side of wano and saying she going to go out to sea not once but many times even tell momo is fate that he meet luffy also her freedom is here and just like oda show us how oden ask white beard to be part of his crew and stuff is the same that Yamato asks luffy first u guys say that she knows too much then oda prove that she doesn't what else does oda have to make Yamato ask and do for u guys to shut up and using that she is the guardian deity like she knows what was it for oda put that she ate because she was hungry for wano only to eat something 😭 what else do Yamato(ODA) have to do for guys and saying that she hadn't met the crew can easily be solved so u guys have nothing just jealous and denial, saying she dont have a good backstory hers and kaido is going to be a connection, so u guys lose when the momment yanato ask luffy if she can be apart of his crew #RIPBOZO 😪

Last edited:

you keep saying "Just wait and you'll see" and "Carrot will have a purpose"

What purpose? What are we waiting for?
And you fun picture edits arent helping your case, youre taking the little panel time she has and putting into a collage with no backing other than repeating "inherited will" and Lookout position over and over

Until Carrot actually shows something that clearly indicates her joining the crew, you have no arguement

And i know it hard to show interaction with the crew of the Straw Hats in the middle of a war, but at least Yamato has interaction and a relationship with the only person who's opinion matters when it comes to joining the crew... Luffy

Only time Luffy even acknowledges Carrot is even there is when she is in trouble WITH his crew

Even when she was biting him and showing affection he didnt even care to acknowledge she was there

youre correct Oda doesnt waste panels but this is a prime example of over analyzing

the outside of the island was crumbling and Oda just showed us what happened with the groups that were out there, instead of them just popping up and saying we ran back in

but instead you took this simple panel that shows the readers that certain characters are moving to safety and saying the framing of this makes Carrot so important that she is going to join the crew... do you not see the massive jump in logic there?
Really that is the best u can come up with it 🤭😒?

Wrong. The composition of this panel doesn't mean CArrot will join the crew, you are inventing things here, it only shows Carrot as a protagonist. Meaning that Oda is STILL focusing a bit on her. That's all. You are inventing things I don't say to fit you narrative.

"Show don't tell" is exactly what he did in TWO panel ;) That's precisely because I know that, that I can't analyse this panel that way.
No its called framing and perspective

It shows where they are retreating to instead of showing a shot from behind Neko, which can be interpreted as them running anywhere
And Carrot was furthest away from the door, it doesnt indicate her as anymore important than Neko who in the pervious scene in that location actually was the protagonist of the fight

you are inventing things to suit your agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.