Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with you carrot fans u guys think Yamato who has been captured on an Island for 20 years now gets her freedom. Is going to throw away it just like that is so ridiculous cause everything Yamato says that she will do at 8 years old is now doing fight on the side of wano and saying she going to go out to sea not once but many times even tell momo is fate that he meet luffy also her freedom is here and just like oda show us how oden ask white beard to be part of his crew and stuff is the same that Yamato asks luffy first u guys say that she knows too much then oda prove that she doesn't what else does oda have to make Yamato ask and do for u guys to shut up and using that she is the guardian dirty like she knows what was it for oda put that she ate because she was hung for wano only to eat something 😭 what else do Yamato(ODA) have to do for guys and saying that she hadn't met the crew can easily be solved so u guys have nothing just jealous and denial, saying she dont have a good backstory hers and kaido is going to be a connection, so u guys lose when the momment yanato ask luffy if she can be apart of his crew #RIPBOZO 😪

The problem with you Yamato fan is that you keep thinking that because Yamato choose something on her own (that doesn't fit your narrative) it means that she loses her freedom. And you don't understand why I call this mindset.. pretty toxic.

Let's count:

- How many time did Yamato SAID that she would sail with Luffy ? 3 times

- How many time did Yamato ACTED as a protector of Wano and Momo? 4 times and one is coming soon.

Acts > Words

you keep saying "Just wait and you'll see" and "Carrot will have a purpose"

What purpose? What are we waiting for?
And you fun picture edits arent helping your case, youre taking the little panel time she has and putting into a collage with no backing other than repeating "inherited will" and Lookout position over and over
I already told you. There is multiple possibility:

FIRST - Carrot could end up having to fight someone else, only to being defeated once again. This would trigger rapidely a sensation of uselessness in Carrot. This would end up haunting her until the end of the arc. At the end, Carrot would face the choice of coming back to Zou or sneaking in the Sunny again. I imagine this to be a Wanda / Carrot scene where Carrot looks intensly at the strawhat departing. Wanda would be the one to witness her desire to follow them, but she would also notice how Carrot feels.. This would end up on Wanda saying that she will never be useless and that if she really want to get on the ship, she would have no problem with that. Carrot would end up sneaking back on the Sunny again. This entire sequence would be a setup for Carrot to truly shine later in another arc in a moment where she is not useless. This would be the begining of her recruitment.

SECOND - Carrot could simply choose to sneak back on the Sunny again after having a moment of reflexion about her defeat and the words of Perospero "you are not worthy".. This would end up being a setup for a moment in another arc where Carrot is faced once again with her naivety and her recklessness. But this time, she would actually undestand the danger, be careful and win.

THIRD - Carrot could have a final moment in Wano concerning the same principle. This time she would refuse to let someone die in front of her and save them. This would lead to a shining moment and a potential recrutment afterward.

Etc. And I'm sure Oda can do better.
Add that to the perspective of Carrot discovering the true nature of the dawn and the desire to follow into Pedro's steps and you get everything that Carrot needs.

Until Carrot actually shows something that clearly indicates her joining the crew, you have no arguement
This was done early by putting Carrot at the look-out post. Something no character ever did beside her mentor who died to actually protect her and the strawhats. This is unique in the story and a clear indication of Carrot joining the crew.

And i know it hard to show interaction with the crew of the Straw Hats in the middle of a war, but at least Yamato has interaction and a relationship with the only person who's opinion matters when it comes to joining the crew... Luffy
Only time Luffy even acknowledges Carrot is even there is when she is in trouble WITH his crew

For a few minutes and Luffy was frusrated most of the time. This is not what I call "an interaction" and I wouldn't compare that to every interactions Carrot had with Luffy or with the entire MONTH she spent with him on the ship.

Even when she was biting him and showing affection he didnt even care to acknowledge she was there
This is an argument for the Carrot fans actually. Those are not picture of Luffy "not caring" those are picture of Luffy not being "bothered" by Carrot's shenanigans. It's all part of the comedy. You twisted your interpretation here.

No its called framing and perspective

It shows where they are retreating to instead of showing a shot from behind Neko, which can be interpreted as them running anywhere
And Carrot was furthest away from the door, it doesnt indicate her as anymore important than Neko who in the pervious scene in that location actually was the protagonist of the fight

you are inventing things to suit your agenda
Wrong again. That's called composition. Framing and perspective are part of this composition. And "Show don't tell" is a rule not a composition principle. And here you can clearly see it in action.

This panel do show Carrot as more important. Precisely because of THAT composition. If that wasn't the case, Oda would've inverted the perspective and the placement of the characters. Visual Storytelling MATTERS. You can't just ignore it.

She's focused because Oda knows she's popular among the fans not because she will soon be relevant.. Carrot's story is over..
Oda doesn't write the story because of his fans.

That doesn't make sense cause why was Franky worrying about zoro then u damn clown 🤡
Because Sanji and Chopper knew that Zoro was in bad posture and ZOro looks like he is DEAD.

The problem with you Yamato fan is that you keep thinking that because Yamato choose something on her own (that doesn't fit your narrative) it means that she loses her freedom. And you don't understand why I call this mindset.. pretty toxic.

Let's count:

- How many time did Yamato ACTED as a protector of Wano and Momo? 4 times and one is coming soon.

Acts > Words

Add that to the perspective of Carrot discovering the true nature of the dawn and the desire to follow into Pedro's steps and you get everything that Carrot needs.

This was done early by putting Carrot at the look-out post. Something no character ever did beside her mentor who died to actually protect her and the strawhats. This is unique in the story and a clear indication of Carrot joining the crew.

For a few minutes and Luffy was frusrated most of the time. This is not what I call "an interaction" and I wouldn't compare that to every interactions Carrot had with Luffy or with the entire MONTH she spent with him on the ship.

This is an argument for the Carrot fans actually. Those are not picture of Luffy "not caring" those are picture of Luffy not being "bothered" by Carrot's shenanigans. It's all part of the comedy. You twisted your interpretation here.

Wrong again. That's called composition. Framing and perspective are part of this composition. And "Show don't tell" is a rule not a composition principle. And here you can clearly see it in action.

This panel do show Carrot as more important. Precisely because of THAT composition. If that wasn't the case, Oda would've inverted the perspective and the placement of the characters. Visual Storytelling MATTERS. You can't just ignore it.

Oda doesn't write the story because of his fans.

Because Sanji and Chopper knew that Zoro was in bad posture and ZOro looks like he is DEAD.
Sanji doesn't know zoro conditions cause sanji ask zoro to take him out If he went out of control only chopper knows the medicine efforts

Sanji knows that Zoro was out because he HEALED him (or try to at least)
Dumb
Post automatically merged:

Let's count:

Acts > Words
She is helping out wano just like luffy and his crew so there is no argument

And then it was undermined by her being on the ship and Usopp did the job you claim is so important
Add that to the perspective of Carrot discovering the true nature of the dawn and the desire to follow into Pedro's steps and you get everything that Carrot needs
the minks know what the dawn is Carot is the only one (or at least the only one who is at the forefront) who doesnt, discovering what the dawn is can be resolved by jusat asking Neko, and to that point the Mink are not the bringers of the Dawn it is more in line with the Kouzuki, the minks are simply there to assist in bringing it

So by your reasoning, it makes more sense to for Carrot to stay in Wano with Momo and the Dukes to further that important plot line
it doesnt matter what you call an interaction, they interacted and got to know each other, Luffy has never shown concern or interest in Carrot when she wasnt with his crew, they have never had a conversation that would lead Luffy to seeing her as so interesting that he would want her on his crew, not even in that ENTIRE MONTH she spent on HIS ship
regardless of comedic standing, it still furthers my point of that Luffy shows no interest in her, in or outside of comedic points

No one is ignoring the visuals im pointing out that your are over analyzing to further your point when all the panel shows is the group moving to a safer location and showing the urgency in which they are doing so
If it was shown that Carrot was already running ahead of Neko and Wanda with Neko telling Wanda to hurry, you wouldve spun that in a way to go along with your dialog, if Carrot was truely as important as you are trying to make us believe , then she shouldnt go from a duo fighting Pero to an observer of his defeat

AND THEN BE THRUSTED BACK INTO PROTAGONIST ROLE AFTER PERO IS ALREADY DEFEATED

Correction, she is helping Wano completely differentely that Luffy and his crew, she stays in the shadow. That's what a guardian do.
No, that's just something you are making up. If staying in the shadows was an actual thing for Guardians, then there would be no point to them.
You have flown the coop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction, she is helping Wano completely differentely that Luffy and his crew, she stays in the shadow. That's what a guardian do.
Lol okay u want Yamato to shout and say I am destroy the bomb and fighting kaido so he can't kill everybody mean while carrot hasn't done shit than being a background character
Post automatically merged:

Guys, you can't argue with someone consumed by his own hallucinations and fantasies...
I know but it's hurt to see someone who can't read u know what he put in his theory about carrot she need to join the crew because she can jump high 😅🤣🤣🤣 like wtf

And then it was undermined by her being on the ship and Usopp did the job you claim is so important
Usopp did the job of a sniper first. This undermine nothing ;)

the minks know what the dawn is Carot is the only one (or at least the only one who is at the forefront) who doesnt, discovering what the dawn is can be resolved by jusat asking Neko, and to that point the Mink are not the bringers of the Dawn it is more in line with the Kouzuki, the minks are simply there to assist in bringing it

So by your reasoning, it makes more sense to for Carrot to stay in Wano with Momo and the Dukes to further that important plot line
No. We don't know what the dawn is, the minks only knows taht it's coming not really how it will come. Pedro was the only was knowing that Luffy would be the one to bring it.. And know Carrot might be the only one with the tool to realize it to.

it doesnt matter what you call an interaction, they interacted and got to know each other, Luffy has never shown concern or interest in Carrot when she wasnt with his crew, they have never had a conversation that would lead Luffy to seeing her as so interesting that he would want her on his crew, not even in that ENTIRE MONTH she spent on HIS ship
Luffy never show concern before he forced Franky to join to.. so that's not a good argument. Luffy consider CArrot as a close friend, this was cleared by the story:

- With the fact that Luffy is actually sharing food with her
- With the fact that Luffy is actually naming her correctly
- With the fact that Luffy counts on her like anyone else
- With the fact that Luffy gets angry when you hurt her.

Luffy considering Carrot as a friend is undeniable. On the other hand it not that obvious with Yamato.

regardless of comedic standing, it still furthers my point of that Luffy shows no interest in her, in or outside of comedic points
No, you are just twisting your interpretation of a panel that's all.

No one is ignoring the visuals im pointing out that your are over analyzing to further your point when all the panel shows is the group moving to a safer location and showing the urgency in which they are doing so
If it was shown that Carrot was already running ahead of Neko and Wanda with Neko telling Wanda to hurry, you wouldve spun that in a way to go along with your dialog, if Carrot was truely as important as you are trying to make us believe , then she shouldnt go from a duo fighting Pero to an observer of his defeat
I would be overanalysing by making statement about the future of Carrot regarding that panel. I'm not doing that, I'm only extrapolating and I'm just analysing the composition. This is no rocket science, you should understand that easily. And I'm not making a big analysis here, I'm just saying that Oda is still considering Carrot as worthy of attention. This is undeniable once again, BECAUSE of the composition of this panel. No over analysis is. Just basic visual storytelling.

Usopp did the job of a sniper first. This undermine nothing ;)
A sniper needs to be able to find, or lookout if you will, his targets. Carrot could have acted as a spotter, but she seemed just fine standing around doing nothing. Viola on the other hand actually did act as a spotter, at least until Usopp developed his Observation Haki.

No. We don't know what the dawn is, the minks only knows taht it's coming not really how it will come. Pedro was the only was knowing that Luffy would be the one to bring it.. And know Carrot might be the only one with the tool to realize it to.
He also said that Inuarashi and Nekomamushi must survive as they will be needed for the Dawn. I'm also curious what you consider the tool that Carrot, and only Carrot, has that makes her necessary for Luffy bringing the Dawn.

Luffy never show concern before he forced Franky to join to.. so that's not a good argument. Luffy consider CArrot as a close friend, this was cleared by the story:

- With the fact that Luffy is actually sharing food with her
- With the fact that Luffy is actually naming her correctly
- With the fact that Luffy counts on her like anyone else
- With the fact that Luffy gets angry when you hurt her.

Luffy considering Carrot as a friend is undeniable. On the other hand it not that obvious with Yamato.
1) Luffy has shared plenty of food with others, especially during all of the post-arc parties.
2) I guess Luffy didn't consider Chopper a friend since he never said his actual name once during Drum Island arc.
3) I wouldn't really consider roll call the height of counting on someone, even more so when Brulee was also on that list. Hell, he counted on Brulee more during Whole Cake than he did Carrot, and Brulee was even instrumental in his victory against Katakuri.
4) That's true of people Luffy barely even met. He was ready to throw down against Foxy when he shot a horse he met 2 seconds ago.

Luffy barely acknowledged Carrot even in Whole Cake. Luffy has shown more concern about Yamato in this one arc than he has for the entirety of Carrot's existence, and Yamato showed that she cared about what Luffy thought of her more than Carrot has. Luffy told Yamato to hold back when she was gung-ho about fighting Kaido, entrusted her with protecting Momo and Shinobu (which she was ecstatic to take on a task for Luffy and prove herself to him), and Luffy was happy to see Yamato had stalled Kaido and that she was letting him take over the fight. I actually think the last time Luffy spoke to Carrot was when he was doing roll call, which does not speak much of their relationship. And that was him just saying her name, I can't recall the two having an actual 1-on-1 dialogue at all in the entire series.

I would be overanalysing by making statement about the future of Carrot regarding that panel. I'm not doing that, I'm only extrapolating and I'm just analysing the composition. This is no rocket science, you should understand that easily. And I'm not making a big analysis here, I'm just saying that Oda is still considering Carrot as worthy of attention. This is undeniable once again, BECAUSE of the composition of this panel. No over analysis is. Just basic visual storytelling.
It's another panel where Carrot shows no actual drive or introspection of her own, just following orders of her fellow minks. It would mean something if she got an actual thought bubble of literally anything, let alone some concern of something like "I hope the Straw Hats are okay."

The pacing =/= The panels

People complaining about pacing doesn't mean that there are wasted Panel. Each one serves a purpose, and sometimes it's not obvious.
Plus, most of the time people are complaining about the pacing for wrong reason. When you read the story as a whole, those problem usually disappear.

Oda makes mistakes, he is not perfect. There is a few in Onigashima alone. But the lack of meaning in the panels is not one of them.hat
when did i ever say “pacing = paneling“?
:whitepress:if youre gonna reply please stop with the bad faith arguements…

they factor in to the pacing but is not the sole reason for pacing problems.

yes there are PLENTY of wasted panels in almost every arc…doesn’t matter if you read it weekly or in bulk…colloseum in dressrosa (for example)will always be known for that Problem.

do you even know what it takes to be a WEEKLY mangaka?
it literally means cramming in filler panels and extra stuff in to make EACH chapter fairly exiting to read. Oda literally said in an interview about how the editors and readers were urging him to make chptr 1000 exciting Rather than than drawing things out how they would naturally go…if he did(like oda said) 1000 wouldve been like any ordinary chapter.

if oda wastes time drawing out fodder instead of focusing on MAIN FIGHTS…yes…that factors in to pacing.

Ive read a few of your posts here and it seems like you honestly just have a huge confirmation bias in favor of carrot.
things like you HYPER ANALYZING that ONE panel of carrot after counless chapters of her absence is very telling…

ill say it like this..
if Oda was buggy you would be the impell down prisoners

its just not that deep

when did i ever say “pacing = paneling“?
:whitepress:if youre gonna reply please stop with the bad faith arguements…

they factor in to the pacing but is not the sole reason for pacing problems.

yes there are PLENTY of wasted panels in almost every arc…doesn’t matter if you read it weekly or in bulk…colloseum in dressrosa (for example)will always be known for that Problem.

do you even know what it takes to be a WEEKLY mangaka?
it literally means cramming in filler panels and extra stuff in to make EACH chapter fairly exiting to read. Oda literally said in an interview about how the editors and readers were urging him to make chptr 1000 exciting Rather than than drawing things out how they would naturally go…if he did(like oda said) 1000 wouldve been like any ordinary chapter.

if oda wastes time drawing out fodder instead of focusing on MAIN FIGHTS…yes…that factors in to pacing.

Ive read a few of your posts here and it seems like you honestly just have a huge confirmation bias in favor of carrot.
things like you HYPER ANALYZING that ONE panel of carrot after counless chapters of her absence is very telling…

ill say it like this..
if Oda was buggy you would be the impell down prisoners

its just not that deep
He's not going to listen to anybody, He's basically a Cultist. Anything you can say that goes against him just means that you aren't "smart" enough or have read as much as he has. Or some sort.
He's small fry though.

Status
Not open for further replies.