Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Have you guys seen Zoro's Great Dragon Shock in the Wano anime?

It's not canon but it does seem to expand on Oda's intentions during PH, confirming that Daishinkan is not a direct attack but a projection of Zoro's fighting spirit.

Seems like the precursor to CoC doesn't it? :memehm:
This arc and this scene might actually make me start watching the anime again. This was amazing.

Good observation on the Daishinkan part.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme

It's not canon but it does seem to expand on Oda's intentions during PH, confirming that Daishinkan is not a direct attack but a projection of Zoro's fighting spirit.

If it is CoC, just imagine the shit storm it'd raise. For too long the hardcore Shanks wankers hid behind "Shanks has CoC, that means he isn't a swordsman!"...and now we see Zoro using CoC with sword techniques :fujilaugh::milaugh:

If it is CoC, just imagine the shit storm it'd raise. For too long the hardcore Shanks wankers hid behind "Shanks has CoC, that means he isn't a swordsman!"...and now we see Zoro using CoC with sword techniques :fujilaugh::milaugh:
NGL, I was pretty disappointed that we didn't see Oden use COC against Kaido, usually we at least get a special effect from clashes between COC users. WB vs Shanks, Luffy vs Katakuri, Roger vs WB etc. But we did get Urashima commenting on Zoro's aura/fighting spirit earlier in the arc so I still have hope that Daishinkan will be explained or upgraded into full-blown COC.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
NGL, I was pretty disappointed that we didn't see Oden use COC against Kaido, usually we at least get a special effect from clashes between COC users. WB vs Shanks, Luffy vs Katakuri, Roger vs WB etc. But we did get Urashima commenting on Zoro's aura/fighting spirit earlier in the arc so I still have hope that Daishinkan will be explained or upgraded into full-blown COC.
Well, last time we heard about people having CoC but not using it was when Luffy unlocked it in Marineford. Maybe it's a sign :hohoho:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony

I'm not sure about that. At least the part about not being a direct attack. When Zoro used Daishinkan back in Punk Hazard, he cut through the floor deep. Perhaps it has a secondary effect reminiscent of CoC, but I fully maintain if Zoro used haki while using that attack, he'd have split Monet in two.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I'm not sure about that. At least the part about not being a direct attack. When Zoro used Daishinkan back in Punk Hazard, he cut through the floor deep. Perhaps it has the secondary effect reminiscent of CoC, but I fully maintain if Zoro used haki while using that attack, he'd have split Monet in two.
Yeah he would have for sure
The hit would have been too powerful not to cut her logia out

I'm not sure about that. At least the part about not being a direct attack. When Zoro used Daishinkan back in Punk Hazard, he cut through the floor deep. Perhaps it has a secondary effect reminiscent of CoC, but I fully maintain if Zoro used haki while using that attack, he'd have split Monet in two.
I think the argument can be made either way. Daishinkan appears to be based off Mihawk’s attack at Marineford, which did not physically damage his surroundings.

https://aminoapps.com/c/one-piece/a...marineford/mBgl_64hku0qPWLrnRxKbarmoreeno7prx

Both are a double handed, downward one sword strike coming from above the swordsman’s head. The only difference being that Mihawk never actually executed the movement, his killing intent was enough to make Luffy back off. Either way, COC has been shown damaging objects before so it’s not clear at all where Zoro stands in terms of Haki.

It might even be a special type of aura that only true master swordsmen can use, seeing as Cracker literally intimidated the homies to death. We’re almost certainly getting Zoro training flashbacks this arc so let’s see how this all plays out.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
It might even be a special type of aura that only true master swordsmen can use, seeing as Cracker literally intimidated the homies to death. We’re almost certainly getting Zoro training flashbacks this arc so let’s see how this all plays out.
I do subscribe to this. It reminds a little of the "battle aura" from RK where high class swordsmen are capable of projecting their fighting spirit as a tangible force. I wouldn't be surprised if Oda took inspiration from that.