Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said in 895 that Oda was ripping off Crackers defeat chapter tropes and using them with Katakuri. Luffy complaining about food, Katakuri saying he would kill him, Luffy saying no thanks, etc…Same shit as Cracker. People thought it wasn’t over, but it was done.

Saying it here again. Oda is ripping off Dressrosa end. Luffy “defeat” after failing to do “one more” hit. Then villain running wild while Luffy recovers, and everyone else stalls. Same shit. Luffy will come back in a few chapters and win.

Oda is not that original with his writing. Lots of recycled tropes. Wano is almost done.

G

Gorosei Informer

It's funny because usually I'd complain about a new Oda female design looking the same as always but with Devon's ""butterface (I only think her goofy teeth still look bad on her btw) it works really well lol (also if I'm allowed to simp for one sec it really looks like her boobs are at least one or two cups bigger than the standard Namiface xD)
Anyways I kinda doubt she's from Wano, didn't her new Vivre Card come out and it told us her birthplace?
She legit looks like a badass and more realistic female pirate tbh. A captain even ofc especially post TS.

Hahaha yep she does seem very blessed in the bust department too which is naturally a boner I mean bonus and just makes her even better! Me and my friend are actually very fond of her and find her attractive somewhat haha! I think shes the kind of woman who would last a long time with you (in more ways than one, ayo hold up) and the kind you want for life. A more interesting, fun, wild, tomboy-like etc type one who can hold her own easily and even give you hell/competition and such hahaha.

Ah I'm not sure about that, I've had to check it. I was thinking Oda gave her that fruit to connect her to Wano one way or another and also because there was this theory that her Crescent Moon Hunter name came from hunting members of the alliance with the crescent moon tatoo on them before. But it seems more like Oda gave it to her as more just for the witch synbolism and loves to hunt beautiful women out of jealousy or such?

I wonder how she looked when she was younger? Was she much prettier like Big Mom, Kokoro, Brulee, Dadan and others were? Brulee kinda reminded me of Devon in that regard too, resenting others for their beauty. I really want to see Devon va Boa for those reasons too. Shes gonna hunt Nami fiercely too once she meets her too naturally!

I have thought of Nami as Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, Vegapunk as the Wizard and Devon as the Wicked Witch of the West or so.

Catarina's name also makes me think she might be from a Spanish type country somwhere in the OP world maybe? Hispanic origins, well the OP version ofc?

I just looked it up and she is from South Blue, so you're right about her not being from Wano ofc!

This is really good in my opinion. Kaidou being declared narratively as the winner is a fresh twist. Even if i want Luffy to win, i don't mind this development. Maybe just one thing, imo Oda should've declared Kaidou the winner in 1013 when Luffy fell from Onigashima, with Kaidou's hope of Luffy being Joy Boy tainted. Its impact as a gut-punch will be much more compact imo.

It's not like Oda has always used this sort of narrator announcing winners of battles in the past.
He has, and no matter where you look, you've never seen it be applied for an Antagonist. "It's different because it is Luffy." No....

We all know for a fact that Luffy is not done. Oda knows we know Luffy is not done. Oda still had Kaido declared the victor, and Luffy declared the loser, even though it is completely pointless, because we know Luffy will be back in no time. That's what makes every other "Winner Declaration" in this arc questionable now.

He has, and no matter where you look, you've never seen it be applied for an Antagonist. "It's different because it is Luffy." No....

We all know for a fact that Luffy is not done. Oda knows we know Luffy is not done. Oda still had Kaido declared the victor, and Luffy declared the loser, even though it is completely pointless, because we know Luffy will be back in no time. That's what makes every other "Winner Declaration" in this arc questionable now.
There’s Luffy logic and there’s everyone else logic. Nothing that applies to Luffy applies to everyone else.

Like I said this shit happened in DR. Pica & co didn’t come back. That’d be idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.