Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't because Kaido is the Worlds' Strongest, King is just a YC1 far different power levels.
Post automatically merged:

See now this is a solid insult
Luffy has to surpass anyone in his way tho, he has no choice, especially when Oda set the WSC as the one with also an ambition to become PK. If Luffy 3v1 Kaidou with the other 2 also contributing significantly to Luffy's win, it does reduce Luffy's worth since Oda is the one writing that narrative of WSC being in Luffy's way of being PK right now.

The way we argue is affected from our own view of what a good narrative should be and favorite character / less favorite character should be tho, its natural to have differences in those concepts.

The premise of the comment was that people who are toxic complain about getting insulted and from there I believe you can connect the dots

Didn't realize peoples' minds on here were that far in the gutter.... holy shit

well done on taking my comment and just making it weird
:kobeha: Bruh, I actually can't believe you took it that seriously lmao

edit: lol I understand entirely what the premise of your comment was

If you still hate on the main character 16+ years after serialization then you need to:

1. Take a shower
2. Touch grass
3. See a therapist
And this one’s a bonus
Get laid. Cause ain’t no fucking way you’re gonna sit up here with a straight face and tell me grown ass men are hating on Luffy cause Zoro’s not the MC

There’s just NO WAY you’re out of highschool yet
Luffy being chosen one in every aspect (get FS, AdvCoC, ID-CoA) is lousy tho. I dont feel his own effort as much anymore.

Luffy's DF is about concept not about material just like Tsuru DF it is about the concept of the laundry, so she can wash evil , or Bello Betty's DF it is about encouraging people so they have courage. Luffy's fruit is about liberation from mental and physical restrains. Luffy can do what should be impossible to be done. like making his "rubber body" change direction at whim , which as Kaido said should be impossible for rubber.
Okay, but how is that effective in combat aside from changing direction?

Or is Luffy High budget version of Katakuri special paramecia logia fuckery? We foolishly thought that Luffy was the Low budget version of Katakuri but its the opposite?

:crazwhat:

I think what Blackbeard really wanted was Luffy's power he might know that Joyboy's power can cancel the other DF's effects and he wents after the dark dark fruit because he knew that it has the ability to cancel the DF abilities. the Gomu Gomu no mi was listed but it was faked.

Luffy has to surpass anyone in his way tho, he has no choice, especially when Oda set the WSC as the one with also an ambition to become PK. If Luffy 3v1 Kaidou with the other 2 also contributing significantly to Luffy's win, it does reduce Luffy's worth since Oda is the one writing that narrative of WSC being in Luffy's way of being PK right now.

The way we argue is affected from our own view of what a good narrative should be and favorite character / less favorite character should be tho, its natural to have differences in those concepts.
This isn't an argument it's a discussion, the other people I comment back and forth on is usually arguing.

Issue is Luffy's end game is someone who is weaker than Kaido, (BB or Shanks) so it's really hard to go a perfect route to the top in any way.

What did it parallel? Lol.

Zoro's move looks like Ultra Tiger Hunt more than what Ryuma did.
In fact, the move on the Rooftop is the one that looks just like Ryuma's.
The big panel cutting the dragon looks more like Oden's scarring spread in 970 than anything to do with Ryuma.
And last but not least, it didn't even happen above the capital, since we immediately get a graphic showing us this...
So yeah, saying this is a parallel is an epic fail.
Ironically, the ones who are reaching and saying that it is a parallel here aren't the Zoro fans.
Weird how things work.
You are grasping at straws

Ryuma cut a dragon, Zoro cut a dragon. That's the ryuma moment. Saying "but it wasn't directly over the capital" or "nobody saw it" is irrelevant. You are acting as if ZKK needs to happen because these specific circumstances weren't met, but they never needed to be met in the first place.

Yes, the ryuma parallels needed to have some pay off. Zoro vs King was the payoff. If you expected more, that's your fault.

Okay, but how is that effective in combat aside from changing direction?

Or is Luffy High budget version of Katakuri special paramecia logia fuckery? We foolishly thought that Luffy was the Low budget version of Katakuri but its the opposite?
Luffy will have the ability to liberate the DFs from their effects just like BB's power he can cancel the DF effects.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I wasn't talking specifically about ZKK, just about Zoro not being done for the arc in general.

The reason that some of these things have to happen in Wano (shimotsuki & black blade lore mostly) is because they have the most relevance and hold the most weight in this arc specifically. It would be like us getting Sanji's Germa backstory in this arc instead of in WCI...that wouldn't have made much sense.

Also, I wouldn't really call cutting King's dragon a completion of the legend...mostly because it won't actually become a legend since no one saw it happen. You can call this cope or whatever, but if all of Oda's mountain of hints about Zoro slaying a dragon was specifically built up for the King moment just so he can preserve his image of Luffy, then that's pretty fucking sad. At that point, I would have much rather had zero build-up or no dragon-slaying moment at all
But we did get the full payoff for WCI in wano. Sanji awakened his genes and destroyed the raid suit in Wano.

At the moment, wano is near its end and zoro has suffered a tremendous amount of damage. So obviously the payoff for any of that stuff can't happen in wano. And I think that is fine. We don't know the full story of ryuma. It could very well be the case that Ryuma actually left wano for some time, like Oden did. It could be the case that Ryuma also has ties to elbaf or that he fought alongside Joy Boy.

Its really possible that zoro's legend moment isn't with kaido or king. After all, his opponent on the blackbeard pirates is a guy named Shiryu

Status
Not open for further replies.