Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AL sama

Red Haired
C4N's delusions vs everyone really carried this break week with no anime or chapter. Picking a fight with nearly every mod on this site no matter how dumb his point is.

Gotta respect the content he gives :endthis:
I think its only garp van and me lol
It's even worse that none of the strawhats showed any concern for her or questioned where she was in dozens of chapters. Of course Yamato hasn't properly met them but you already have Sanji, Jinbe, and Franky wondering about her.
I m trying to counter both sides but things aren't looking good for carrot

carrot doesn’t have a lot of mysteries that surrounds her character whatsoever. Nor does she have an enemy that really has hindered her progress in life in a future arc. Most of her enemies have already been defeated by non-strawhats so there’s really no incentive for her to continue her journey with them. Carrot has been much more of a sense of curiosity rather than mystery. The two mysterious characters in whole cake island Ark were reiju and pudding. Carrot by comparison just felt like a background character and support character just going along for the ride and displaying what minks were capable of. Her personality zou, and going whole cake island was basically like this

What Does This Button Do? (original) - YouTube
That’s all there is to it. She was not special mink that made her different from any other mink she wasn’t on top of her class. She was just an underling in a musketeer that’s it. When we landed in wano she was pushed to the background and became less relevant as the arc went on.
Carrot fight wasn’t even on full display in comparison to Yamato. Her potential goal that fans had interpret would be shaft by Oni princess who seems know more about it while Carrot remains silent what is it about. The traitor in zou turn out to be kanjuro all along that sent jack to zou while carrot remain loyal to the alliance. Which is not a bad thing, but I think fans want to see other side to carrot instead this cheerful persona.

Robin by contrast in alabasta, skypia, and the foxy arc had a lot of mysteries surrounding her character. For example
Robin the government has been looking for her 20 years

She had bounty at the age of 8

She sunk 10 battle warships

She knows something about the will of D

Every organization she had work within past has been annihilated the only person who escape was her

Reading the poneglaphs

There to many enemies within her dream.

An island was destroyed during buster call

water 7 and enies lobby would tell us everything we needed to know. Robin after alabasta would be consider be the member group. However, She wouldn't call strawhats there names except for Luffy. It was not until thriller bark robin would eventually call her new found friends by there real name instead of the roles they have.
Before Robin we had Nami who also had mysterious surrounding her character during the orange town, captain kuro and baratie arc. She was already considered member of the team. Nami for example had this

she Hates pirates

She loves money and tangerines

Pirates took something very deer to her

Wants to collect 100 million berries to buy a certain land

Pirates do nothing more than destroy

Surprise by Luffy words he considers his crew his friends when being angry when captain kuro attack his own men.

Arlong wanted poster

She wants to be free

Bellemere
The Arlong Park arc would tell us everything we needed to know
Anybody that can actually analyze would understand that much.
Other certain "factions" not so much.
Post automatically merged:

I think Carrot was just another character to make us invested into the minks. She’s cute and bubbly unlike Pedro who’s stoic and scarred up. She’s basically Rebecca without a kingdom.
Rebecca was more interesting though. Even if that's all we got of her.
Post automatically merged:

It's funny how yhr CarrotForNakama faction ignores the fact that Yamato knows what Luffys dream is or whatever and cried and whatnot.

carrot doesn’t have a lot of mysteries that surrounds her character whatsoever. Nor does she have an enemy that really has hindered her progress in life in a future arc. Most of her enemies have already been defeated by non-strawhats so there’s really no incentive for her to continue her journey with them. Carrot has been much more of a sense of curiosity rather than mystery. The two mysterious characters in whole cake island Ark were reiju and pudding. Carrot by comparison just felt like a background character and support character just going along for the ride and displaying what minks were capable of. Her personality zou, and going whole cake island was basically like this

What Does This Button Do? (original) - YouTube
That’s all there is to it. She was not special mink that made her different from any other mink she wasn’t on top of her class. She was just an underling in a musketeer that’s it. When we landed in wano she was pushed to the background and became less relevant as the arc went on.
Carrot fight wasn’t even on full display in comparison to Yamato. Her potential goal that fans had interpret would be shaft by Oni princess who seems know more about it while Carrot remains silent what is it about. The traitor in zou turn out to be kanjuro all along that sent jack to zou while carrot remain loyal to the alliance. Which is not a bad thing, but I think fans want to see other side to carrot instead this cheerful persona.

Robin by contrast in alabasta, skypia, and the foxy arc had a lot of mysteries surrounding her character. For example
Robin the government has been looking for her 20 years

She had bounty at the age of 8

She sunk 10 battle warships

She knows something about the will of D

Every organization she had work within past has been annihilated the only person who escape was her

Reading the poneglaphs

There to many enemies within her dream.

An island was destroyed during buster call

water 7 and enies lobby would tell us everything we needed to know. Robin after alabasta would be consider be the member group. However, She wouldn't call strawhats there names except for Luffy. It was not until thriller bark robin would eventually call her new found friends by there real name instead of the roles they have.
Before Robin we had Nami who also had mysterious surrounding her character during the orange town, captain kuro and baratie arc. She was already considered member of the team. Nami for example had this

she Hates pirates

She loves money and tangerines

Pirates took something very deer to her

Wants to collect 100 million berries to buy a certain land

Pirates do nothing more than destroy

Surprise by Luffy words he considers his crew his friends when being angry when captain kuro attack his own men.

Arlong wanted poster

She wants to be free

Bellemere
The Arlong Park arc would tell us everything we needed to know
Exactly, even if you were to convince me that Carrot will have development down the line I would ask, where’s the secret? We know her like an open book, there’s nothing to learn from her

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I've been thinking about this just now.
After Wano and potentially Vivi we're probably not going to see anyone else join the Straw Hat Pirates.

But I like to think that this thread will still be alive and prosperous with arguments on whether or not a future arc central character will join the crew.

It's going to be glorious to see.
:gokulaugh:

I've been thinking about this just now.
After Wano and potentially Vivi we're probably not going to see anyone else join the Straw Hat Pirates.

But I like to think that this thread will still be alive and prosperous with arguments on whether or not a future arc central character will join the crew.

It's going to be glorious to see.
:gokulaugh:
I'm currently in 2 clown threads. This one and the immigration thread.
The baiting room is old news.:kailaugh:

It's funny how yhr CarrotForNakama faction ignores the fact that Yamato knows what Luffys dream is or whatever and cried and whatnot.
She knows Luffy's true dream, made Ace's vivre card, was told by him to look forward to Luffy, and waited years for him to come to her island like Jinbe. Oda even said her vivre card talk with Ace was meant for Luffy to indirectly hear her words back in Alabasta.

The expected payoff of all that is just her knowing him ahead of time? :kailaugh:

That's exactly what she did. The only difference is that she was already i the air. Carrot jumped once, but the change of trajectory was not a jump, it was her flying. And you can see this EXACT change of trajectory in the other panel.

We are talking about the landing here.

Those capacities don't come into account when we talk about a stowaway. The only things taht count is how much relevance the character has. In other words, does the character has been depicted with enough development to be LOGICALLY put on the s trawhat ship indefinitevely. The answer for both Carrot and Robin is... yes.
Comaparing Carrot and Robin's relevancy is asinine and the 2 are not comparable

Carrot had a showcasing in WCI, showing off the powers that were only mentioned but never shown in Zou and then faded away in Wano, the arc that the same power was used by better Minks

Her showcase was finally showing off the Sulong before the raid and while also being an emotional pillar for Pedro's death, since it would come across as not that bad of a sacrifice since the SH's only knew him for a week or two

Robin, in her first introduction was trying to assist the Straw Hats while also being a villain, then saved Luffy from death after her boss tried to kill him

Even with Robin's limited panel time in Alabasta it was clear and in your face that there was more to her than just Crocodile's right hand

Meanwhile Carrot has been in the the story since Zou (7 years) and all you argue is subtext and hidden messages

One Piece is a Shonen manga not an 80 page thesis written for philosophers where everything points to Carrot

I don't know how come you people can hate or don't like carrot.

Carrot is good and has totally different taste.

It's full of vitamins and Beta carrotine which is good for your god damn eyes which you use to read this manga. It's juice though not that tasty but it's good for health.

Carrot in one piece is different story though. 🤣🤣

*Disappears quickly into shadows"
lmao I cant speak for everyone else but what's crazy is I dont even hate Carrot
As a character she is fine for what she is
A fun loving girl who is also from a tribe rarely seen in the series, her bond with Pedro was sweet and her reaction to his death actually made me feel the weight of his sacrifice

I just don't think she's going to join the crew and trying to explain why i think some of the more... "OUT THERE ANALYSIS" are incorrect makes it come across as that i am completely against her in the story

And the fact that I like Yamato and talk about her only highlights the fact that i dont talk about or praise Carrot at all

Status
Not open for further replies.