Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the way oda made kinemon worthy of red herring because of his df name and being pervert, make me wondering if his ephitet is also misleading material. You know like for kinemon vs devon?
:quest:
Kitsunebi kinemon. Fire fox. Now in this arc we have 3 characters that has fox thing. Kinemon, hiyori, onimaru. Did oda plan to confuse us with that or I'm just trippin?
Do fox thing is essential for crew?

there is no mention of any guardian deity from the Wano citizens, only from Kaido who had a grand plan for what he wanted Wano to be
There doesn't need to be. Kaido already confirmed what the fruit is.

Besides, the makami isn't a OP creation. It's based on real mythology:
Ancient historic accounts from Japan report this mythical story how the wolf deity, a white wolf (白狼, shirōkami), in times of need suddenly appeared to Yamato Takeru, son of Emperor Keikko (around AD100). Takaru got lost on a road near Mitakesan (御嶽山) when a local demon shapeshifted into a white deer (白鹿) and obstructed the road. The white wolf showed him the way and let his army on the right path, "and Takeru commanded the white wolf to stay in Mitakesan as a true god, in order to slay any local demons."
https://ralphhaussler.weebly.com/wolf-mythologie-creation-japan-americas-inuit-egypt.html
Gee...A white wolf appears and provides guidance to a Japanese prince and is then ordered to remain and guard the lands. I wonder what this could mean...
:smart:
...In the same way that we recognise the phoenix in western mythology as a flame bird that is reborn from the ashes, the makami is a white wolf that guards and protects regions in Japan. Oda simply changed Japan to his OP equivalent and made Yamao the protector of Wano.

There are so many eastern guardian creatures Oda could've chosen from, yet he went with the one that leaves absolutely no room for debate. Yet somehow people have still managed lmfao

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The pervert must be too distracted by his “Yamato x Momo” folder to realize we’re all agreeing with him - the legal half of his favorite couple IS the guardian of Wano, and we’ve established that the previous people who held that title all went to sea with globally important pirates, so Yamato will do that with Luffy. Really DOESN’T sound like it should be up for debate, does it?? :kayneshrug:

The pervert must be too distracted by his “Yamato x Momo” folder to realize we’re all agreeing with him - the legal half of his favorite couple IS the guardian of Wano, and we’ve established that the previous people who held that title all went to sea with globally important pirates, so Yamato will do that with Luffy. Really DOESN’T sound like it should be up for debate, does it?? :kayneshrug:
Nah, Yamato will order Yamato to stay and defeat the local demons that have already been defeated.

The funny part is that in the myth, Yamato Takeru went on adventures all the way until he died :myman:

Chopper should have stayed on Drum and only been allowed to leave on Christmas Eve to deliver presents to good boys and girls.
Exactly nami should stay her village
Ussop stay with slept kaya or go on his own adventure
Sanji stayed with zeff
Franky should stay water 7
Brook should sailed oh his own
Jimbei should stay in fishman island
It just dome excuses the fans come up with because they can’t handle the idea of somebody being very important/main character within the arc to join the crew

Last edited:
There doesn't need to be. Kaido already confirmed what the fruit is.

Besides, the makami isn't a OP creation. It's based on real mythology:
It was it was said to be the guardian while he was telling her what he wanted Wano to be and he was going to use the fruit to be the guardian

I know, it was a territorial wolf in the Nara Prefecture (once known as the Yamato province) that would kill outsiders and protect the people of the land for sacrifices

The people worshiped and feared it as a god

Until the people stopped giving offerings to the Makami and began to protect themselves and the wolf went extinct

Fun fact: This was also referenced in Naruto with Shikamaru's forest he trapped Hidan in
Post automatically merged:

so yamato's DF matters more then yamato's wish??

also what's stopping oda from giving the history his own twist??
Oda mostly uses history as inspiration
I dont think its ever a 1 to 1
Yamato has all the makings for a protector of Wano (but so does a lot of people) but she has no desire to stay in Wano

If Ussop got killed by Kuro because no one came to help him or Chopper got accepted back into his herd at the end of Drum Island then maybe the argument that Yamato has to stay in Wano because of the myths she's based on would hold water. Fun fact, the real Blackbeard was killed by a navy officer named Meynard. I guess it's time to hop on the MKB train (Meynard killing Blackbeard).

Or maybe Oda just takes inspiration from history and myths but doesn't just copy them.

so yamato's DF matters more then yamato's wish??
Yamao's df IS Yamao's wish.
Chopper should have stayed on Drum and only been allowed to leave on Christmas Eve to deliver presents to good boys and girls.
Nah. Instead Chopper learnt to embrace his differences and decided to join Luffy in delivering joy and good cheer around the world. Ya know...The actual moral of the story...

Let's use our heads a bit, shall we? :rolaugh:
Oda mostly uses history as inspiration
I dont think its ever a 1 to 1
Of course it isn't. No one's ever said that it's always 1 to 1. That would be impractical for an original story.

What is however the case is that Oda takes the main points and ideas of stories and then uses them for inspiration in one way, shape or form.

Rudolph - Story about stigmatisation and how our differences can become our strengths. Reflected in Chopper
Boy who cried wolf - Story about perpetual lying and how faith is lost and gained. Reflected in Usopp

The main idea will be there, otherwise there was little point in the reference to begin with.

And guess what?? The defining feature of the story of "Yamato Takeru and the white wolf" is that it explains how the wolf came to become a guardian deity in Japan. That's literally the reason for the story's existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.