Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it’s a retcon. Lucci straight up states once you eat a devil fruit you learn it’s powers and it’s name.
He says you'll find out after eating them because you know what to call them from their powers, not because of an Isekai game system voice telling you their name, there's also people like Momo or other Wano folk that didn't even know they had DFs and just named their powers.

See how they must ''identify'' and another DF user tells them to try them out.

Lucci says you learn the powers and it’s name. That doesn’t just mean Zoans he meant in general. That’s how Kalifla instantly learned her devil fruits name and powers
This was debunked by Oda in a SBS.
What he meant there is that after eating the person will know what powers she gained and then they can look at the Devil's Fruit Book to see it's name.
This was a bad translation by Viz.

I was being sarcastic, but that went over your head apparently. The first to mention the will of D was doctor kureha. I’m not gonna argue with you how oda wants to write his story. The gorosei are just being used ti gives information. And I like how the story is progressing. If you don’t you don’t.
It being his story doesn't make it good, nor does it make it immune to criticism, espcially one this big and gamechanging

Luffy having the Gom Gom is a base for all reader

The thing he was Introduced with and one of the main element why he was goofy and fun and unique from the start

Fuck Nika
The fruit suit him because he's Goofy and fun

it's not the fruit that made him how he is, but because he's light hearted and goofy the fruit suit him the most

it's not that big of deal imo mainly because the properties of the fruit is still Rubber, once Oda introduce some new powers not related to rubber to the fruit, then we can consider it a bad decision

Status
Not open for further replies.