Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This I agree with. Anyone pretending that they just found out that Luffy is special must have been asleep this entire time.

Those who are upset with Luffy's fruit being special which has never been hinted at until a couple of chapters ago is a different matter though.
In fact, part of what made Luffy special for many was utilizing a generic, mundane one to defeat those who were superior. He's even been mocked for his abilities many times, like Katakuri saying his abilities were superior to Luffy in every way. Turns out that that wasn't actually the case.
Yeah, I'm talking about people who popped out saying that "OP is ruined now because Luffy isn't just a regular guy anymore"

And yeah, Luffy's fruit being special is new unless you take what Doffy's questioning Luffy's power back when G4 was released as a hint.

However, I disagree about Katakuri's part. Katakuri's fruit was stronger and better than Luffy's back then. Even if we know it was a mythical Zoan, Luffy was still inferior ability wise without awakening. It's like saying Naruto wasn't inferior to Sasuke at start of Part 1 because he wont their fight at the end of Part 2

He, Akainu, literally says "You're telling me that the whole mess with [...] was ordered from even higher than you all?"

Akainu is literally telling us that's what the Gorosei had told him... they told him that. He's just repeating it to make sure and also tell the audience.

Yes, I read the question and? Luffy is pretty weak-looking rubber devil fruit user. Keyword here, weak looking. Compare Luffy's design and size to most of his enemies? Luffy appears to be weaker than them and have a silly rubber power. However, Oda didn't call Luffy weak at all and neither did he change anything he here said. Luffy still stretch and inflate even in G5. His power is still the "Most ridiculous power" in the story. Oda could've simply said "I have picked the weakest ability" or a weak ability, but he didn't say that.Why if it was simply a case of giving him a weak ability. We know from SBS that Oda likes to deflect and laughs whenever a user asks him a question he can't answer fully.
I'm not sure what you are confused about here. The one ordering it higher than them is Imu, not some random Celestial Dragons. So again, the Gorosei were completely aware of it which is why they also say there that they assigned Cipher Pol to the case. It wasn't some random other CDs or Imu that did that.

And sure Oda didn't call Luffy weak at all, but you can't pretend that the general understanding has always been that Luffy's abilities are generally weak in comparison to those of his foes. You can't claim that the majority have thought that Luffy's ability is particularly strong or a top tier devil fruit, so how do you think that's going to change now that it's revealed it actually belongs to a Sun God?

Yep. Nothing has changed. It's just his awakening let's him do what he wants with his rubber powers and strength.

- can i make a fist bigger than Kaido and grab him? Yes.

- can I use enough strength to throw him around? Yes

- can I change the ground to rubber? Yes!
However , some people still calim that Luffy can do anything whatever you want. And they thought he is god. No . As we expected , just he start to use his rubber properties with his imagination. I dont understand peoples dissappoinment and complaint about awakening. What do they expect from awakening ? i m so very curious

How come the elders were saying the Nika fruit is just a legend even though they've been chasing after it for 800 years?

Because these elders clearly aren't immortals and didn't live since 800+ years ago.

While the WG existed for 800+ years.

They didn't know it existed until recently but clearly each time the elders are changed, they don't get all the info until absolutely necessary so it's myth the same way One Piece was before Roger

This is awesome.......Beating up of kaido was so funny.
Finally some light moments.
Laughing in the middle of fight is ridiculous. But I suppose luffy has always been ridiculous.
Luffy is in gear 5 and kaidu still hasnt taken damage. And people were saying luffy was about to defeat kaidu before awakening.
I cant wait for the fight to be over And see more panels of new luffy.

This chapter has shown me exactly how much I've lost interest in one piece. Its still cool to see G5 and Luffy smacking kaido, but its lost its magic. I see all these OP fans losing their mind on reddit and twitter, meanwhile I'm just content to read the spoilers and when they came, it honestly wasn't anything earth-shattering.

I even predicted that Luffy might be a mythic zoan after 1037 and Luffy's abilities were basically what a lot of people thought the gomu gomu no mi awakening would be even before the whole nika plot was revealed.

I remember being a teenager and reading chapter 784. It was the chapter G4 was revealed. OP just had a magic back then that I don't feel anymore. I guess I'm too old.
I don't think it's an age thing at all. I've rewatched and reread the series multiple times and the stuff I liked initially I still love even now. The good parts of One Piece still have all their magic, it's just that Wano in particular has been messy and disappointing.

This Gear 5 reveal in particular doesn't really work because all the previous gears were something Luffy came up with or already had in his pocket going into the relevant fights. This one on the other hand is something that he just woke up having and is even surprised about it himself. It's now happenstance rather than a planned approach to the problem.

It doesn't have the magic of the other moments because those ones were borne of Luffy's confidence in his ability to adapt to his foes by his own effort and the execution was at least good if not great. This one is all the more messy because it's repetitive, coming after we've already gone through a similar scenario (he learned advanced ryuo only for it to be ineffective and get him knocked out, then he came back with CoC coating. Now another bonk on the head is granting him another power up).
Some people seem to like it, but to me it's not very good at all and not comparable to the previous ones, even those I didn't initially like.

Of course I can't speak for you, but to me the magic missing right now is just the poor execution of stuff that could have otherwise been great in an arc that was already burdened with problems.

I don't think it's an age thing at all. I've rewatched and reread the series multiple times and the stuff I liked initially I still love even now. The good parts of One Piece still have all their magic, it's just that Wano in particular has been messy and disappointing.

This Gear 5 reveal in particular doesn't really work because all the previous gears were something Luffy came up with or already had in his pocket going into the relevant fights. This one on the other hand is something that he just woke up having and is even surprised about it himself. It's now happenstance rather than a planned approach to the problem.

It doesn't have the magic of the other moments because those ones were borne of Luffy's confidence in his ability to adapt to his foes by his own effort and the execution was at least good if not great. This one is all the more messy because it's repetitive, coming after we've already gone through a similar scenario (he learned advanced ryuo only for it to be ineffective and get him knocked out, then he came back with CoC coating. Now another bonk on the head is granting him another power up).
Some people seem to like it, but to me it's not very good at all and not comparable to the previous ones, even those I didn't initially like.

Of course I can't speak for you, but to me the magic missing right now is just the poor execution of stuff that could have otherwise been great in an arc that was already burdened with problems.
The whole Yonko Saga has been a mess. Which is ironic because the whole premise of One Piece was Luffy fighting the 4 Emperors.

It makes me worry about the One Piece/endgame itself, but the "detours" (Shichibukai, Ennies Lobby, etc...) Oda took have been the best part of One Piece.

I'm not sure what you are confused about here. The one ordering it higher than them is Imu, not some random Celestial Dragons. So again, the Gorosei were completely aware of it which is why they also say there that they assigned Cipher Pol to the case. It wasn't some random other CDs or Imu that did that.

And sure Oda didn't call Luffy weak at all, but you can't pretend that the general understanding has always been that Luffy's abilities are generally weak in comparison to those of his foes. You can't claim that the majority have thought that Luffy's ability is particularly strong or a top tier devil fruit, so how do you think that's going to change now that it's revealed it actually belongs to a Sun God?
I'm not saying that some random CD ordered it. I know it's Imu, obviously we didn't know him back then. I'm using that as an example of orders coming from above them on matters that they don't fully know or agree with.
They said "We've placed the matter in Cipher Pol's hands" not assign, while normally it might be the same, Akainu's next words indicated that they let them handle it without knowing fully why. That's why they get offended.

I didn't claim that. I know people sees Luffy's abilities as weak, and when looking at one dude who can turn into magma or light then yes they are. I simply said that Oda didn't say "I gave Luffy a weak ability and wants him to use his creativity to beat people" and rather he is still conforming to his previous words and not going against them. I don't think it changes anything. The fruit doesn't make the person and Luffy's fruit is still essential rubber even if it belonged to a god.

Luffy is still the one who brought it to this level. See Enel, Mr 5 or many fruit users who had awesome abilities but without pushing themseleves to the limit, they would never be top tier fighters. Mr 5 was made fun off because he coasted on his fruit without being truly creative with it. Pekmos made fun of over confident Logia... etc. Without Luffy's imagination and creativity, now matte how 'godly' it is it didn't make him top tier by itself.

Nika was called a god, but was he actually a god? As in a divine being? Skypiea had Ganfall who was a 'God' but he wasn't a god like Zeus for example, was he?

Now though this is my last reply since I really need to go to sleep now

Gear 5th reminds me of The Mask with how wacky its move set and capabilities seem to be. I can't wait to see how fights with this form go in the future, especially end game.

Has she done anything worth while yet to make her stand out? We're at the end at this point and she feels so tertiary in the scope of this raid.
It's the mask
The same ability deadly but funny unrivaled in his nature
Unlimited in his possibilities it's a broken ability but it destroys all the tension

I liked the chapter. Nika thing still is a bs to me but other than that its a 10 for me.
I have no idea what Luffy's future power ups would be. Maybe improving VOAT but other than that he has gotten every power up.

Lets see nest chapter, want to know more about this Gear 5, and wonder what consequences will it have on Luffy's body. Shrink? Lose some hair? Who knows.