Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still doesn't address the problem at all. You don't need to tell the Navy: "This boy is the special criminal Nika Joyboy." The WG can always just lie to them and use any other excuse. "That is the son of the Worst Criminal, we want to make an example of him," "That boy is trying to read poneglyphs which is why he has teamed up with Nico Robin," "We don't like the way he looks", etc. They've lied to the world for much less.

Imu would be a colossal moron of the highest order to ask the Gorosei to hunt down the secret fruit without telling them what the name was changed to. That's just dumb.

Like I said, their conversation is part of the problem. Why wouldn't the Gorosei know the basic info to do their job? How have they been hunting it for 800 years if that were case? Why was it being guarded by the special agents if they didn't know? It's a mess because there's no way to untie the knot without someone at some level looking incredibly stupid.

Whitebeard could have become Pirate King, but every indication is now that the One Piece would have been useless to him and he wouldn't be able to use it overthrow the WG. That's my point. The race for the One Piece now seems foolish because even if you found it, without Joyboy's special fruit you would be out of luck. The issue isn't finding the One Piece but actually using it in any meaningful way.

As Kaido said: "I'm the only one who can change the world!" That is apparently the essence of becoming Joyboy. Now it looks like he failed because he ate the wrong produce.

Also, Oda is now indicating that it wasn't really just rubber even before awakening. Kaido said "rubber shouldn't do that," so Oda is changing the fundamentals of it.
Changing it now doesn't change the struggles Luffy had, but it does change the optics of the encounters. It's no longer someone rising to surpass those with superior abilities with the mundane and generic, but one who had special abilities all along that just couldn't access them for seemingly arbitrary restrictions.
Rubber band overcoming a leopard is just a much better look than Sun God Nika with a fraction of his abilities overcoming a leopard.
I dont think you need Joyboys fruit. You do need Poseidon and Shirahoshi to be born though.

The Big Mom defeat chapter got a colour page right? Editor note says next chapter is a colour page, and the battle reached its finale.

I think it's also the last chapter of a volume?

so luffy's fruit is similar to sengoku's ?

sengoku : human human fruit model Buddha
luffy : human human fruit model sungod nika

sengoku has human form , does luffy also have human form where his body is normal and not rubber ????if so , how did he not realize that ????

:choppawhat:

The Big Mom defeat chapter got a colour page right? Editor note says next chapter is a colour page, and the battle reached its finale.

Pretty sure Oda finishes an arc villain fight and the arc in general with at least a couple chapters left in the volume.

2-3 chapters left at best though personally.

Very less chance because Kaido has to see Momo human form atleast once then idt Oda ever defeeated a character in a single chapter after powerup but yeah it wouldnt be long if Kaido dosnt has awakening then 3 chap at max and if he has then 5 maybe which i doubt

Very less chance because Kaido has to see Momo human form atleast once then idt Oda ever defeeated a character in a single chapter after powerup but yeah it wouldnt be long if Kaido dosnt has awakening then 3 chap at max and if he has then 5 maybe which i doubt
Yeah I was thinking about that too, but where would he see that? That would mean Momo would drop the island.

B

Ballel

What the heck does ''slave to destiny' even mean?:kaidowhat:
There are so many things that don’t make any fucking sense whatsoever trying to retcon a Paramecia into a mythical Zoan. There’s also the issue of Oda shitting all over his own statements about giving Luffy a silly and goofy fruit and the fact that the Nika/joyboy being Luffy thing completely fucks the idea that Luffy is truly free and not a slave to destiny. But nah, time to turn off brain. Bouncy man go brrr.